• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Okay, okay. Give jigglypuff her melee powered rest. But the added affect is that jigglypuff recovers the damage she does to her opponent when it hits. ;)
Yes, something like this should happen, of course if the frames were to be cut when Jiggs is vulnurable it make it that much better, I guess.

:phone:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@SSBF

Most likely Pokemon. While we do know there will be a new character/returning, with the amount of debate we do, it would be a surprise at who gets the spot.

Although a 3rd Party or an undiscussed character would also do it, like a character from the Japanese Wii RPG's.

Takamaru also fits, but only because most hype sites don't know about him or ignor him.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
The only "unexpected" things from existing series I can see are a potential WarioWare character and having six Pokémon.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
That makes sense and I think I know where to get some inspiration ideas. Goroh's vehicle is called the Fire Stingray. He could have a move called "Irwin Slayer!"
Rofl, oh goodness.

All this Jigglytalk. Maybe I'm not following, but Rest go back to how it was in Melee, possibly with the added bonus of healing, like, 4-6% for every 1.75 seconds that you are helpless.

Fobmescs

Smash Cadet
Not a part of Pokemon

The only "unexpected" things from existing series I can see are a potential WarioWare character and having six Pokémon.

What are you talking about? Are you talking about Pokemon that are being controlled by Wario? Wario is not a part of Pokemon.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
But you just amped the gamble up really high. The jackpot is a lot harder to get now, and honestly, I would rather be able to use a high risk move to kill the opponent, not heal myself. I mean, the risk on rest is just too high not to be harmful.
Brawl's Rest may not be that powerful, but it's still doable when the opponent is damaged enough. Rest just looks weird as a 1-hit KO move.

OmegaXXII

At level's like Yoshi's Island, how would you pull off rest? If the attack doesn't send the opponent flying it would be really hard to actually sleep without being disturbed I think.
Yea, of course it wouldn't be suitable for every stage, alot moves have their pros an cons, a small stage such as that would probably be one of them, still an intersting concept if other stages are used with enough roaming space, it would probably work.

What are you talking about? Are you talking about Pokemon that are being controlled by Wario? Wario is not a part of Pokemon.
That's not what he is talking about.

He said he does not expect a potential wario rep and the pokemon series having 6 characters

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I never said I was going to bed? :I

I have Twilight Princess to play. Making me want Midna & Wolf Link for Sm4sh. Oh well, Slime & Chocobo will suffice.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Either you did not understand me or you are picking apart my sentence structuring? Since my sarcasm meter is off I won't jump to any conclusions.

What I was trying to say is that when people talk about "unexpected" characters or things that might occur within the series currently in Smash Bros. The ones I see being the likeliest are receiving another WarioWare character and having six playable Pokémon.

Can no one comprehend sentences? Or am I just terribly ambiguous? Time to return to working on my stage concept.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
But Shulk is the only one that is ACTUALLY NINTENDO OWNED, right?

Fobmescs is a super silly goose.
No you silly cat. All three of them are owned by Nintendo. They're Nintendo IP.

Either you did not understand me or you are picking apart my sentence structuring? Since my sarcasm meter is off I won't jump to any conclusions.

What I was trying to say is that when people talk about "unexpected" characters or things that might occur within the series currently in Smash Bros. The ones I see being the likeliest are receiving another WarioWare character and having six playable Pokémon.

Can no one comprehend sentences? Or am I just terribly ambiguous?
Everyone can understand what you're saying. I don't know about that guy though

OmegaXXII

Well to be mire specific, any franchise that's not expecting many reps would be "unexpected" such as Earthbound, another 3rd like Tails or simply an Animal Crossing character who only had a stage.

D

Deleted member

@SSBF

Most likely Pokemon. While we do know there will be a new character/returning, with the amount of debate we do, it would be a surprise at who gets the spot.

Although a 3rd Party or an undiscussed character would also do it, like a character from the Japanese Wii RPG's.

Takamaru also fits, but only because most hype sites don't know about him or ignor him.
Pokemon is the one in particular I can see getting the unexpected rep. We can say that Genesect and Meloetta are impossible all day, but since the roster likely won't be finalized until late 2012, if either gets a movie, the chances of them becoming playable becomes that much higher. Since I think Meloetta is more likely to get a movie in 2012, I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see it take the spot that supposedly go to Zoroark/Victini. Sakurai also appears to love transformation characters too, so if he wants more transformations characters, Meloetta would be a good choice. It is for this reason why being open-minded is a good idea.

I doubt that Takamaru would be a surprise. I for one expect him.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
No you silly cat. All three of them are owned by Nintendo. They're Nintendo IP.
But I am LOOKING ON WIKIPEDIA as HARD AS I CAN. Last Story, developed by Mistwalker and AQ Interactive, neither one of which appear to have any particular close ties to Nintendo... Unless it was under Nintendo's directive?

What about Pandora's Tower? :I

Also: Meowmeowmeowmeowmeow~

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
But I am LOOKING ON WIKIPEDIA as HARD AS I CAN. Last Story, developed by Mistwalker and AQ Interactive, neither one of which appear to have any particular close ties to Nintendo... Unless it was under Nintendo's directive?

What about Pandora's Tower? :I
I'll look for a legit source. But I've read and been told it's IP of Nintendo. I'm not sure on Pandora's Tower. It's not rumored to be coming to the US anytime soon, so I'm not looking up much about it.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Are they? Shulk!!? Oh yes, now they also have a crack at the roster. :cool:

and this whole time I was thinking they were 3rd party. :/

Xenoblade is Nintendo IP, The Last Story is hazier and my response from NoA never really helped me, but from what I've gathered it is at least partially belongs to Nintendo. At the very least. Pandora's Tower I can not say for certain, but I believe it is.

OmegaXXII

Xenoblade is Nintendo IP, The Last Story is hazier and my response from NoA never really helped me, but from what I've gathered it is at least partially belongs to Nintendo. At the very least. Pandora's Tower I can not say for certain, but I believe it is.
Well to be honest, I could care less about getting a rep from Pandora or The Last Story, what I'm really looking forward to is Shulk and Shulk only relating to those games.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Monolith Soft is almost entirely owned by Nintendo, which makes it effectively a 1st party developer and Xenoblade a 1st party IP; and The Last Story is a Nintendo-owned IP, as evidenced by its trademark which appeared in several gaming sites even before the game was announced.
Now that this is settled, I need to get my hands on TLS. It's said that Elza AND Kanan are the main characters, but I want to see if Elza has some sort of edge on Kanan. Despite her being all over the promotional/official art.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Are you feeling Shulk, Starphoenix?

Ness, Shulk, Slime & Chocobo. JRPG all up in this Smash.
I don't know about this feeling business, but if you mean do I like the idea of him? I would say I do. Now, how likely of a choice will he be is a different story. I think he stands a reasonable chance at least, even if Xenoblade never is released in America (which isn't the case as it will be).

Now that this is settled, I need to get my hands on TLS. It's said that Elza AND Kanan are the main characters, but I want to see if Elza has some sort of edge on Kanan. Despite her being all over the promotional/official art.
Interesting... I had always inferred that it had more to do with Mist Walker than anything. My mistake.

D

Deleted member

@Starphoenix: I have a question, why do you feel that Isaac's chances are overrated?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
You are just the worst at this, Omega.

Elza looks pretty cool, but Kanan has such a gorgeous outfit. >:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom