• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never saw that post but that's too much characters lol.

I don't know. It's either he bears some square enix symbol or the mario symbol. Geno is Square's property so I don't know which series will he go to.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Here's what I want in Super Smash Bros. 4(Both Wii U and 3DS).

All characters(Smash Bros. Brawl), all characters(Smash Bros. Melee), Toad, Toadette, Slime(Dragon Quest), Gray Fox, Knuckle Joe, Raichu, Liquid Snake, Tails(SEGA), Shadow(SEGA), Blaze(SEGA), Rouge(SEGA), Big the Cat(SEGA), Lakitu, Koopa Troopa, Toadsworth, Wiggler, Daisy, Waluigi, Hector(Fire Emblem), Lyndis(Fire Emblem), Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Jeff, Poo, Paula, Claus, Meta Ridley, Slippy Toad, Krystal, Sceptile, Gallade, Vaporeon, Flareon, Jolteon, Geno(Super Mario RPG), Rosalina, Cream the Rabbit, Chao, Eggman, Hammer Bro., Naruto, Haruhi Suzumiya, and Sophitia(Soul Calibur)
Dude, these are all very obscure choices, are you serious? Then again it's a new person. -_-

I agree with Liquid Snake though, awesome character indeed, yea I want him lol..:awesome:

:phone:

I never saw that post but that's too much characters lol.

I don't know. It's either he bears some square enix symbol or the mario symbol. Geno is Square's property so I don't know which series will he go to.

Kantrip

Kantplay
If Geno somehow makes it in (being a 3rd party one-shot with a cameo in a later game, and all), the symbol he bears will depend on the terms of his inclusion.

If Sakurai took a liking to the character and really pushed (see: begged) for his inclusion, he would probably have a Square Enix logo. (This is not going to happen)

If Square Enix decides they don't mind or maybe even want Geno to be in smash bros, he will be lumped with the Mario franchise. (Also not going to happen)

I'm sorry, Geno supporters and fanboys, but he missed what narrow chance he had over 5 years ago.

OmegaXXII

He'll most likely represent Square, it would probably make more sense since he's a 3rd Party guest.

Besides he would probably interfere with candidate who are from the Mario series if he were to be considered as a Mario rep.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If Geno somehow makes it in (being a 3rd party one-shot with a cameo in a later game, and all), the symbol he bears will depend on the terms of his inclusion.

If Sakurai took a liking to the character and really pushed (see: begged) for his inclusion, he would probably have a Square Enix logo. (This is not going to happen)

If Square Enix decides they don't mind or maybe even want Geno to be in smash bros, he will be lumped with the Mario franchise. (Also not going to happen)

I'm sorry, Geno supporters and fanboys, but he missed what narrow chance he had over 5 years ago.
They picked the roster before the whole Support and alliances were created.

If they had picked AFTER they would have seen that people wanted him

This new game is after, and I'm hoping we were loud enough to reach him

Edit: It doesn't make sense in the slightest for Geno to "represent Square"

Kantrip

Kantplay
Of course it doesn't. But it also doesn't make sense for him to represent the Mario franchise, either. He's in a tough spot that means he will not be included in the next smash bros game as a Nintendo character.

He is 3rd party, and before brawl there weren't any of those at all. Now, we have had two. Hardly anything to base a pattern on, but I'd say he's not getting included.

OmegaXXII

How so? Square seems to mind when it comes to his inclusion in Smash, I know He's in a Mario game and all but that still doesn't excuse him from being a square character.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How so? Square seems to mind when it comes to his inclusion in Smash, I know He's in a Mario game and all but that still doesn't excuse him from being a square character.

Because he's been in 2 games, BOTH being Mario games

and Square didn't work on the second in the slightest

Wasn't he just a cameo in Superstar saga?

There was probably a reason why he made an appearance in that game.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wasn't he just a cameo in Superstar saga?

There was probably a reason why he made an appearance in that game.
Cameo or not, I think it shows that he's thought of as a Mario character, existing in their universe

Kantrip

Kantplay
I wouldn't even call it a cameo.

I mean, sonic had a cameo in DKC2, right? His sneakers were among the items cluttered in a shack you look at twice.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Honestly, his symbol would probably be a generic SMRPG symbol. He probably would be placed next to the third parties, but he doesn't "represent" strictly Square. Heck, he pretty much is a Mario character who just isn't owned by Nintendo.

He's the kid Nintendo gave up at birth, in a sense. He's still their blood, and really represents Mario, but he just has the Square Name slapped on him.

Cameo or not, I think it shows that he's thought of as a Mario character, existing in their universe
The cameo proves that Nintendo has at least a mild interest in him. So, he isn't totally forgotten about. Unlike Mallow.

That is a possibility. Another one is to prove that nintendo still knows Geno until now.

We can't deny though that Geno is one of the more likely 3rd parties.

3rd parties:
Mega man/Ryu
Slime and Chocobo
Geno

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
That is a possibility. Another one is to prove that nintendo still knows Geno until now.

We can't deny though that Geno is one of the more likely 3rd parties.

3rd parties:
Mega man/Ryu
Slime and Chocobo
Geno
At this point, I see no third parties as likely material. I see them more as "Wanted". With Megaman in the dumps, Snake and Sonic are the only likely characters in my book.

That said, Megaman, Geno, Bomberman, and Final Fantasy characters are pretty popular.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Geno is only popular with the internet forum dwelling crowd. Most average players will not know who the heck he is let alone what game he hails from. At least with any other Square character you are more likely to have people that know about them. Sorry Psycho.

That may position him as a nice shock character, but that's about it.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Geno is only popular with the internet forum dwelling crowd.
Who should really be thought of more, Sakurai. Not that a character needs to be well known in order to get into Smash Bros.

Geno can pull an Ice Climbers/G&W/Pit/R.O.B

The only problem I see is Square pulling a "We want this character to be in Smash Bros, not Geno!". Which is a big problem.

In general, Geno is awesome, and has a big fan following, the only way he will get noticed is in the SSB4 poll. This is where the "Forum Dwellers" get our voices heard.

Yeah I had no clue who Geno was before I heard about him in the pre-brawl days.
Me either. But I wasn't a fan until I played his game. Now I'm a supporter of the Magical doll.

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration

Up THE BUTT CHARZARD :awesome:

And yes,I requested this be made and soon2be my new avi

(inbe4Omegastaresinaww:troll:)

I didn't know Geno before. I never understood why lots of people liked him and wanted him for SSBB. I got curious so I checked who he was.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Eh, it was my favorite Super Nintendo game back in 1996 and years thereafter

I didn't even own it for a long time after I first played it. I had to rent it from Video rental places to play it

My favorite SNES game was Final Fantasy VI and Super Mario World. I also liked wario woods

Lol Mario's time machine :awesome:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My favorite SNES game was Final Fantasy VI and Super Mario World. I also liked wario woods

Lol Mario's time machine :awesome:
I didn't hear about Final Fantasy until I had a playstation. First BOUGHT FF was FF 9

OmegaXXII

Yeah I had no clue who Geno was before I heard about him in the pre-brawl days.
Same here, I always looked at him back during the 06' Brael pre-hype and never knew who he was, people would mention his name and I never knew who they were talking about, so I never knew about him let alone his game until 07' arrose.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
Marietta is the girl from Mischief Makersss
you know that game where you shake people and stuff

i wish she was popular enough to make it to smash :/

OmegaXXII

Hmm...what system was her game in?maybe she'll probably end up as an AT character, I wonder why I've never heard of her.

OmegaXXII

Marina sounds like a good name, I love it, aside from that I dunno what you guys are talking about.

Also, I'm officially taking over Project Begnion soon, just giving you guys a heads up.

I really need to get involved with PCAM.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I thought you already had? O.o o.O

I'd create a group for Chrono but i haven't played Cross. :p

Anyway, i'm off for now, gonna let my brother watch some anime. :)

And yes i know this sounds like a random jumble of my thoughts, and it is, but i'm tired, and you may as well know :p

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ok since this thread is probably about to be rife with ponies again i may as well say it: This guy watched My Little Pony over the holidays and then when he came back to school he started designating us characters(he's in year 8, not in my year phew, nah jokes he's usually ok) and i got Princess Celestia. What does it mean?

Ok i really should get off now, last thing i'll say is, I am working on a moveset for chrono and i will try to make a group somewhere along the line :)

OmegaXXII

This is Princess Celestia:

she is the princess of course, she is regarded as the highest ranking unicorn, it's cool.

Also, a chrono moveset? Wow I think you are the only person to support him, hmm..should be nice to look at.

D

Deleted member

soviet prince said:
well it's up, the link is in the about section figured I let you all beta test it first
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Super...880432?sk=wall
Saki Amamiya, who is highly requested, is not in there, and Victini is spelt wrong. Not the greatest poll I've ever seen.
berserker01 said:
http://toadbrigade.blogspot.com/ - Website up.
Thanks. Now we just need sites for The Kremling Krew, Ruffian Forever, and Panel De Pwnage and we have everyone.
Shortiecanbrawl said:
Haha. That sounds pretty epic. I love seeing stupid things like that happen. Smashchu has been around the Smash community for a seriously long time. I found a thread dating back to 2004. It was disecting some Melee translations. Arcade also posted then as well.

It's actually a spectacular read, here it is if you would like to check it out everyone.

http://fryguy64.proboards.com/index....ay&thread=2418
I've been on forums since late August, 2008. I got off to a terrible start and remained terrible until January, 2010. After that, I dramatically improved and learned to control my behavior. So I have learned a lot about the Internet since then.
Shortiecanbrawl said:
Really? That's crazy. I came in with the many drones of "Brawl Hypee's"
And I guess you could say I'm a drone of "SSB4 Hypee's".
Shortiecanbrawl said:
How do you add those petition counters? I WANT ONE.
I tried to figure that one out but it did not work. The problem is that you put your petition on another site.
Fobmescs said:
All characters(Smash Bros. Brawl), all characters(Smash Bros. Melee), Toad, Ridley, Victini, Toadette, Slime(Dragon Quest), Ryu(Street Fighter), Gray Fox, Knuckle Joe, Raichu, Liquid Snake, Tails(SEGA), Knuckles(SEGA), Shadow(SEGA), Blaze(SEGA), Rouge(SEGA), Big the Cat(SEGA), Lakitu, Koopa Troopa, Toadsworth, Wiggler, Daisy, Waluigi, Bowser Jr., Hector(Fire Emblem), Lyndis(Fire Emblem), Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Jeff, Poo, Paula, Claus, Meta Ridley, Slippy Toad, Krystal, Sceptile, Gallade, Vaporeon, Flareon, Dark Link, Jolteon, Geno(Super Mario RPG), Rosalina, Cream the Rabbit, Chao, Eggman, Hammer Bro., Naruto, Haruhi Suzumiya, and Sophitia(Soul Calibur)
You're setting yourself up for disappointment.

- Naruto and Haruhi Suzumiya will never be playable in any Smash games as long as you live. Sakurai has said "no anime characters".

- The only character cut in Melee that has a marginal shot of being playable in SSB4 is Mewtwo (and if you count Toon Link as separate, Young Link). Roy is unlikely and Dr. Mario/Pichu will almost certainly never get in other then alternate costume/Pokeball treatment.

-The only newcomers on your list with a realistic shot are Toad, Ridley, Victini, Slime, Ryu (Street Fighter), Bowser Jr., and Krystal. Maybe Deoxys if he becomes very highly requested for some reason, but we'll have to see how Operation Hoenn Rising fares.
Shortiecanbrawl said:
At this point, I see no third parties as likely material. I see them more as "Wanted". With Megaman in the dumps, Snake and Sonic are the only likely characters in my book.

That said, Megaman, Geno, Bomberman, and Final Fantasy characters are pretty popular.
As much as I hate to say this, I unfortunately do agree with this. I think we can both agree that it would be more disappointing to see just the two we have return then for no new third-party characters to be in SSB4 period because they would stagnate.
Shortiecanbrawl said:
In general, Geno is awesome, and has a big fan following, the only way he will get noticed is in the SSB4 poll. This is where the "Forum Dwellers" get our voices heard.
This is another problem. Geno has lost a massive amount of supporters. So it may be even harder for Geno to get in.

And this is where some geno will start a campaign to reunite all the geno supporters that time.

GENOS! ASSMEBLE!

It's too dark. I suggest using the color pink. Trust me. Everyone especially people with MLP avatars use that color :awesome: (Unsure)

Red does not suit it

OmegaXXII

Pink? Magenta?! Meh, I probaby should stay with it then, cool stuff.

Anyway, let's talk about mechanics such as..
Experiment lol..

yupMeh..lolhmm..i love mlp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom