• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
All they have to do is make the Pegasus Sister's do their Triangle Attack as a Final Smash and the Japanese will be all over her being playable. Perverts. lol
Oh man, a triangle attack would be so awesome, that finally Smash would be epic! :awesome:

:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Yeah in this thread, for whatever bizarre reason, I'm considered one of the "old guys". Because I came from the thread that preceded this one, would post there off and on for about a year. Plus since I've opened up my art workshop and started my stage concept series that kind of made me a little more noticeable. Whereas before I was constantly ignored...
Old man.

Speaking of ignored, what the heck happened to nLIM8d?
lol. I forgot all about him.

When it comes down to it, there is a select group of people I feel will stick with this community for a long time, until they grow out of Games/Smash. You, Kuma, Toise, Chu, ArcadeNik, and Pieman are a few of them. Although I can see all of them going into hiding once SSB4's e3 2012 trailer goes viral.

D

Deleted member

@Starphoenix: Not to sound picky, but can you try to make a PCAM signature that is of the same height and same width of the Victini signature? I have links below and I'd like to utilize them. Thanks and I can wait a day or two.

I have got to stop using Quick Posting so that my signature will come up.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Oh ok. So you are like the governor of your own oasis in a desert of stupid? Got it.

Yeah in this thread, for whatever bizarre reason, I'm considered one of the "old guys". Because I came from the thread that preceded this one, would post there off and on for about a year. Plus since I've opened up my art workshop and started my stage concept series that kind of made me a little more noticeable. Whereas before I was constantly ignored...

Speaking of ignored, what the heck happened to nLIM8d?
I'm more like the secretary of the treasury. There's some people who have been around longer than me who are, like, the board mom and dad. =P Though I climbed the ranks pretty fast, due to me being obsessed with coming up with ideas and my art skills. Go figure. XP

I remember back in late 2009 when I was a big Nintendo fanboy. When IGN criticized Nintendo, I freaked out and thought they were trying to take down Nintendo's reputation when they were not. My behavior got to the point where I got banned in December, 2009 due to my fanboyism. I'm surprised that after making a (stupidly) scathing response a month later that I got my account back.

After posting the message on Nintendo Life (The response I made to IGN on January, 2010), I got banned for a few days from that site. I then looked back and recognized that my poor behavior was unacceptable. As such, I wised up and never again was I a Nintendo fanboy.

The Wii boards was okay. It at least had some cool people there and it did get better from 2009.
Come to think of it, there's a user named SSB_Fan who posts at the Zelda Board. =P

ITS HEX!!!
:b:
More people who remember me that I don't remember. ^^;; I feel so bad.

D

Deleted member

Starphoenix said:
That and you have been one of the more active members here. Your join date is also why people consider you a veteran.

@Hex: I don't post on Zelda forums. Not that into Zelda anyway.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
lol. I forgot all about him.

When it comes down to it, there is a select group of people I feel will stick with this community for a long time, until they grow out of Games/Smash. You, Kuma, Toise, Chu, ArcadeNik, and Pieman are a few of them. Although I can see all of them going into hiding once SSB4's e3 2012 trailer goes viral.
Yeah, the "big guys" were always:

Chronobound
Pieman
KumaOso
Smashchu
Arcadenik
TheThirdKoopa
n88

Later on you, Toise, and Augustoflores came in. I started out as a lurker, then became the noobie poster no one payed attention too. Then moving up to some kind of recognition, to now being considered one of the top dogs myself (which still makes me chuckle).

More people who remember me that I don't remember. ^^;; I feel so bad.
I wouldn't feel too bad. I don't think he really knows who you are. He is kind of like this threads pet dog that smells and craps on the floor all the time, yet we all seem to put up with and embrace.

Isn't n88 an MYMer now?

I was a lurker in the thread you know. Lol. I didn't have an account that time though.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Oh man, a triangle attack would be so awesome, that finally Smash would be epic! :awesome:

Do I need to post my moveset again? lol

Anyway NOW I will go to bed. It is 1 over here anyway. lol

D

Deleted member

@Starphoenix: Would you recommend I try to read the entire original SSB4 thread? I only really started to post their in the days before SSB4 was announced, before then, I only made a few posts.

On your list, the only one that still post frequently is KumaOso. SmashChu stops by once in awhile but is just "there". ChronoBound, Pieman0920, and Arcadenik did post for awhile but are inactive now. TheThirdKoopa and n88 never even touched this thread. The members here are a entirely new breed and will likely stay that way. I don't imagine the latter two ever coming here.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Yeah, the "big guys" were always:

Chronobound
Pieman
KumaOso
Smashchu
Arcadenik
TheThirdKoopa
n88

Later on you, Toise, and Augustoflores came in. I started out as a lurker, then became the noobie poster no one payed attention too. Then moving up to some kind of recognition, to know being considered one of the top dogs myself (which still makes me chuckle).

I haven't seen the latter two on your list in, like, months. Possibly a whole year. We forgot Fatman as well. I knew I was forgetting him. I remember coming on to this site and being extremely intimidated by Kuma, Toise and Smashchu. They seemed infinitely knowledgeable on all things SSB/Nintendo related. Luckily I got over it and eventually stopped being such a n00b and started trying to discuss things with some form of logic. Now look at me, I haven't had a good debate in MONTHS. So sad. :I

I really don't consider myself a "Big Guy". Maybe just a "Medium guy"

@Starphoenix: Would you recommend I try to read the entire original SSB4 thread? I only really started to post their in the days before SSB4 started, before then, I only made a few posts.
There is some MAJOR gems on that thread, but they aren't easy to find. :/

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Starphoenix: Would you recommend I try to read the entire original SSB4 thread? I only really started to post their in the days before SSB4 started, before then, I only made a few posts.
Knock yourself out. Might even be able to stumble across some of my old ideas.

I haven't seen the latter two on your list in, like, months. Possibly a whole year. We forgot Fatman as well. I knew I was forgetting him. I remember coming on to this site and being extremely intimidated by Kuma, Toise and Smashchu. They seemed infinitely knowledgeable on all things SSB/Nintendo related. Luckily I got over it and eventually stopped being such a n00b and started trying to discuss things with some form of logic. Now look at me, I haven't had a good debate in MONTHS. So sad. :I
When I first began Pieman was the user whom intimidated me the most. A couple of times he and I went at it at that board. Mostly though he and Toise wouid go into it. I still remember it would be:

Kuma Vs Smashchu
Pieman Vs Toise

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration
You guys claim you know so much about SSB4's basics and mechanics when you people don't even know its real title :/

D

Deleted member

That's why I consider this the best place to discuss SSB4, even if it's on two threads.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Lol, this thread is so popular that it has its own community. Love it. XP
Honestly it is. This thread is like an entire board rolled into one thread. We have a large amount of traffic and chat quite often and in depth.

Yes, please do so!! :)

@Star: Who do you consider the "big" guys in this thread?

The people who seem to affect this board most are:

xIblisx
Super Smash Bros. Fan
KumaOso
Fatman
Smashchu
Hoots

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration
I swear if you guys ONLY KNEW WHAT I KNEW you'd stop thinking,creating,and discussing ideas about this game until production is finished.....

@Star
Wtf dude!What about me?!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I remember when Shortie posted his roster Smashchu said....

"Great design, Horrible roster"
Lol. I'll take the "Great", and leave the "Horrible". Although I stand by my decisions.

When I first began Pieman was the user whom intimidated me the most. A couple of times he and I went at it at that board. Mostly though he and Toise wouid go into it. I still remember it would be:

Kuma Vs Smashchu
Pieman Vs Toise
Pieman can be a master debator at times. Aharhar. He's definitely tore into my rosters before.

No roster someone makes will ever wow/please everyone. Mine are definitely no exception to this. No one likes my Pokemon picks, or my third party picks.

Honestly it is. This thread is like an entire board rolled into one thread. We have a large amount of traffic and chat quite often and in depth.

The people who seem to affect this board most are:

xIblisx
Super Smash Bros. Fan
KumaOso
Fatman
Smashchu
Hoots
Yeah. SSBF seems to know a lot while Iblis is fine with anything.

D

Deleted member

Shortiecanbrawl said:
Pieman can be a master debator at times. Aharhar. He's definitely tore into my rosters before.

No roster someone makes will ever wow/please everyone. Mine are definitely no exception to this. No one likes my Pokemon picks, or my third party picks.
That's what I've learned when debating with Pieman0920 once in regards to if villains came third back in June. When I read back, I am very curious to see what Pieman0920's debates were in regards to.

And I agree that it's impossible to please everyone. Which is why that regardless of what we think of the roster, we can except a ton of complaining about how SSB4's final roster fails. Sad but it's the truth.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Star
Wtf dude!What about me?!
Sadly you're correct... it's true... Somehow I think inside this must be what plays through your mind.

http://youtu.be/OkT4vAJnJls

Ehh Pieman was more bullheaded at times than anything. Yes I can say that now because he is too busy over at the MvC3 Gamefaqs board.

The funniest moment was seeing him freak out when MasterWarlord came into the thread. Apparently he and Warlord had some long standing feud. Warlod came into the thread one day and was like "hey Pieman" and his reaction was something akin to "oh h*** no, why are you here?" I was in stitches. lol

D

Deleted member

Going to bed, have work early in the morning.

berserker01, did you get the invitation? If not, can you send the e-mail again and make sure it's correct so I can input it in?

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Well I hope I don't get too far left behind. I definitely won't be able to keep up with this thread as fast as it's going. So I guess you guys can.. uh... fill me in somehow. Or something. Or not. =P

I'll always be around, thinking of things to post in my blog. I'll try to bring as much meaningful discussion through that medium as I can. So watch out for that, and I hope it's enjoyable for whoever reads it. Glad to be off to a good start here, and good to meet and remeet you guys.

I'm off to bed. Have to be at work tomorrow. Night everypeoples.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
MasterWarlord? That guy was hard to deal with, I had some debates with Chief Mendez, we were the original SSB4 before Oso and pieman came along.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Ehh Pieman was more bullheaded at times than anything. Yes I can say that now because he is too busy over at the MvC3 Gamefaqs board.

The funniest moment was seeing him freak out when MasterWarlord came into the thread. Apparently he and Warlord had some long standing feud. Warlod came into the thread one day and was like "hey Pieman" and his reaction was something akin to "oh h*** no, why are you here?" I was in stitches. lol
Haha. That sounds pretty epic. I love seeing stupid things like that happen. Smashchu has been around the Smash community for a seriously long time. I found a thread dating back to 2004. It was disecting some Melee translations. Arcade also posted then as well.

It's actually a spectacular read, here it is if you would like to check it out everyone.

http://fryguy64.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=ssb&action=display&thread=2418

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Haha. That sounds pretty epic. I love seeing stupid things like that happen. Smashchu has been around the Smash community for a seriously long time. I found a thread dating back to 2004. It was disecting some Melee translations. Arcade also posted then as well.

It's actually a spectacular read, here it is if you would like to check it out everyone.

http://fryguy64.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=ssb&action=display&thread=2418
Well I'm about 4 years now. So I'm getting up there.

MasterWarlord? That guy was hard to deal with, I had some debates with Chief Mendez, we were the original SSB4 before Oso and pieman came along.

Wow, so you even pre-date me? I think I was in lurker mode at that time.

Well I hope I don't get too far left behind. I definitely won't be able to keep up with this thread as fast as it's going. So I guess you guys can.. uh... fill me in somehow. Or something. Or not. =P

I'll always be around, thinking of things to post in my blog. I'll try to bring as much meaningful discussion through that medium as I can. So watch out for that, and I hope it's enjoyable for whoever reads it. Glad to be off to a good start here, and good to meet and remeet you guys.

I'm off to bed. Have to be at work tomorrow. Night everypeoples.

Well it's cool seeing you here. Glad to have you. :)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well I'm about 4 years now. So I'm getting up there.
I hit my two years this December 31st :awesome: But you've been around the SSB scene since like, 2006 I presume? Considering you were an Nsider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom