• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Yeah. Same here. I'd like chains to become more possible in smash bros.
Yup same. I've seen those 64 Isai videos and I'm not going to deal with that. Melee-Brawl with a hint of new.

Also I just have to say that they should remove tripping (whaddya know?) and either remove stale move negation or revamp the system entirely.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Chain-grabs and combos would be awesomes, more hit-stun would be nice as well.

I'm guessing it might be a mix between Melee and Brawl, hopefully closer to Project M, but not so much.

:phone:
I would prefer to NOT see chain grabs, at least the way they are in Smash right now. Tech grabs would've killed those things way back if they had been implemented. Anyway, I'm fine with chain grabs if the next part of the chain grab requires a guess like Dedede's in Balanced Brawl where it's an okizeme read after each one.

I don't want stale moves back at all. To me, it's a forced way of saying you have to mix up your attacks, but what if the situation doesn't allow you to do that?
@berserker
I'll look.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Don't worry. If they click the picture, they'll see that you made it. I gave you credit.

What spoon sword?
Thanks.

As for the Spoon Sword... :cool:

Mewtwo (buffed)

Notes:
Weight is now about Ness's
Slightly faster at dashing, about Pit's
Still Floaty

Pros:
Has better attributes then Melee version
Has a 3 more kill moves
Amazing Recovery
Can Glide now
Can now reflect projectiles for damage
Amazing Throws
Now has his bad-*** spoon sword!

Cons:
Still Floaty
Still lighter than normal
Still has not to many kill moves
Big hit box

Specials:

Neutral - Shadow Ball - Same as Melee

Side - Psychic - Same as Confusion but less laggy and reflected projectiles now do damage,

Up - Teleport - Same as Melee

Down - Disable - Can now be used without looking at the opponent, but has slightly less range then the Melee version, when done twice now it doesn't launch as far,

Optional New Down - Barrier - Mewtwo's version of the Star Fox shine, slightly larger than his shield, but a strong enough attack can cancel it and put M2 in a disabled state, does no damage to opponent on contact,

Final - Psystrike - Mewtwo's signature move in Pokemon, stops and launches a psychic energy ripple about 3/5 the size of the Negative Zone, high knockback,

Tilts:

Neutral/Jab - same as Melee, slightly less lag,

Forward - a downward slash with his spoon, similar to his battering ram item Smash in Melee,

Up - Same as Melee

Down - Same as Melee

Dash - spins his spoon while dashing forward, similar to battering ram item dash in Melee, does less damage and is shorter,

Aerials:

Neutral - Same as Melee

Forward - a basic slash with his spoon, has more range then Melee F-Air but is a bit laggier,

Up - Same as Ike's U-Air but with his Spoon, has less knockback then Ike's, New Kill Move,

Down - Same as Melee

Back - Same as Melee

Smashes:

Forward - Does a powerful horizontal slash with his spoon, New Kill Move,

Up - Same as Melee

Down - A downward slash with his spoon, the spoon then extends by itself backwards for a back hit, New Kill Move,

Throws:

Pummel - Same as Melee

Forward - Same as Melee

Up - Same as Melee

Down - Same as Melee, can still Chain Grab!

Back - Throws opponent back and stabs them with his spoon,

Other:

Glides by floating

Taunts:
1. Same as Melee
2. Crosses his arms and taunts "I'm just warming up!"
3. Jumps a bit of the ground and hovers above for a second

Costumes:

Green - Shiny Pokemon
Pink - Mew Reference
Blue
Red/Orange
Black

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I don't want stale moves back at all. To me, it's a forced way of saying you have to mix up your attacks, but what if the situation doesn't allow you to do that?
Couldn't agree more. If the stale move system wasn't even implemented at least the game would go somewhat faster. Saving Jiggs' Fair is such a ♥♥♥♥♥.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What if Mewtwo, along with Ridley, had Fly/Unfly, like Magneto, Storm, Sentinel, Trish, and Morrigan in MvC3?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Berserker, I responded to you move, but I'll repost it here:
On your new attack, I have a few things.
1. Is Toad stuck in a "stance" while in the Mushroom state or can he move around?
2. I'm confused as to why Mushroom Charge is set up the way it is. Why not make it like E. Honda's headbutt and make it a rushing attack from the get go. This also gives you a nice damaging option in the air.
3. Four seconds seems kind of long for the down B. How about this? Make it act like a one time bumper. At close range, it pushes the opponent way like a bumper, minus the hitstun (but there is some if you do it as a counter). We already have projectile reflectors, but nothing that stops a melee attack like the bumper.
4. The Up B is rather creative and also reflects the way some of the mushroom platforms are in the Mario games, but maybe it should have a specified limit of time, one mushroom at a time (but switch it out like the Bomb move), and a specified number of times you can jump on it.
EDIT: Up B shouldn't be able to switch out. You can easily make that one of the biggest edge guarding mind games out there and would be just too much. Keeping out means you have more commitment to the move and probably allows for more depth.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Someone post a better moveset for Paper Mario. There's so many options. B could be Partner Exchange. Side B could be Partner Ability. Down B could be Badge Equip which gives PM an ability but not (totally) gamebreaking.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Someone post a better moveset for Paper Mario. There's so many options. B could be Partner Exchange. Side B could be Partner Ability. Down B could be Badge Equip which gives PM an ability but not (totally) gamebreaking.
I have been thinking of a moveset for him, but I haven't played PM in a while so I have only few ideas.

Other than his hammer, and his Final Smash being that he turns into the giant NES Mario like in Super Paper Mario.

Although I like the idea of a partner system, but I don't know how it would work just yet. ;)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I might as well say this here, Berserker.

I've been thinking about Toad Rush's down B and I'm wondering if it's too "random" so to speak. You have to input a direction for the grab, but the opponent must input for DI. This gives this move 2 levels of Yomi along with at most two more for the resulting tech chase and timing for the slide so you'd be looking at 3-4 levels of Yomi for a single move.

I'm wondering if the move should lack DI and have a fixed knockback along with making the grab have only two grab directions - up and down.

I'm off for now

I'll answer your suggestions tomorrow Kuma.

Oh wait.

I might as well say this here, Berserker.

I've been thinking about Toad Rush's down B and I'm wondering if it's too "random" so to speak. You have to input a direction for the grab, but the opponent must input for DI. This gives this move 2 levels of Yomi along with at most two more for the resulting tech chase and timing for the slide so you'd be looking at 3-4 levels of Yomi for a single move.

I'm wondering if the move should lack DI and have a fixed knockback along with making the grab have only two grab directions - up and down.
Only up and down? Why so?

I'm fine with the idea of fixed knockback

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Although I like the idea of a partner system, but I don't know how it would work just yet. ;)
Yeah it seems to be a problem. It could work but maybe someone would want to pick a specific partner. Then again the Wii U's tablet could help with this flaw if the tablet is staple to people. PM could select the specific partner on the tablet.

Or... ORRR it could be like Zelda/Sheik and you can pick your favorite at the beginning or something. Each partner could have their own percent and could KO eventually. This could make PM a very very unique character and with a lot of partners with different abilities he'd have many options. Even though each partner could have 4 separate abilities this may come as a flaw on the controller (Side-B then Up could come off as one ability).

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Only up and down? Why so?

I'm fine with the idea of fixed knockback
Well, I was trying to figure out how you can continue the chain grab with the left and right directions because it would require precise frame data to allow you to input the move for the one of the three possible directions the techer will go for. Alternatively, here's another option.

Up is for damage setup. Down is for mixups and is the chain grab move. Left and right are your K.O. moves due to their high knockback. DI is kept on all directions except for the down input to allow okizeme.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Sifting through that Wayback machine just to try and find my post count on old Nsider is such a pain.

Although I did manage to find Arcadenik and Mario_Guy. But not me?

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Sifting through that Wayback machine just to try and find my post count on old Nsider is such a pain.

Although I did manage to find Arcadenik and Mario_Guy. But not me?
See if you can find a Mr_Ocax as well.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
June 2007? Is that something there?

Also I have no idea what a Noki is, sadly.

What I mean is I found my two old tutorials, I created the only Macromedia Fireworks tutorial at Nsider. Sadly, when I click on it the tutorial hasn't been archived. :(

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I joined the Kremling Kees and even made a post! Imma make them boys work for K Rool!

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Man that sucks, anyway what is PCAM all about?

PCAM is the collective network those of us doing our character alliances fall under. Instead of having small little groups everywhere we all came together and decided to help one another by creating a cohesiveness throughout every group. Right now Super Smash Bros. Fan, Barbasol and myself have been the most active. Although my time is going to greatly diminish in a couple of weeks once classes begin.

I'm about ready to turn over my Saki group to someone else, I'm spending more of my time focusing on my Slime and Chocobo group. Trying to sustain two groups will and is biting off more than I can chew.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
PCAM is the collective network those of us doing our character alliances fall under. Instead of having small little groups everywhere we all came together and decided to help one another by creating a cohesiveness throughout every group. Right now Super Smash Bros. Fan, Barbasol and myself have been the most active. Although my time is going to greatly diminish in a couple of weeks once classes begin.

I'm about ready to turn over my Saki group to someone else, I'm spending more of my time focusing on my Slime and Chocobo group. Trying to sustain two groups will and is biting off more than I can chew.
I'll try to be active once I make the League of True Gentlemen. However, imma need like lieutenants or something to help out. Like a marketing guy and a guy who knows japanese and a guy who has... ideas.......

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

It seems like everybody will be busy very soon, it means this thread will most likely be dead during the morning and more "hyped" during the evenings I assume.

I believe for that purpose is why Barbasol is deciding to hand over Project Begnion to me, he will be supporting the F-Zero franchise as well.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'll try to be active once I make the League of True Gentlemen. However, imma need like lieutenants or something to help out. Like a marketing guy and a guy who knows japanese and a guy who has... ideas.......

I'd suggest spreading out beyond Smashboards to find others, just be careful over at Nsider. They are very strict about advertising and Barbasol almost got taken down for that.

Dangit, I've managed to find Smashchu, Fatman, Arcaenik, HextupleyOOdot, and Mario and Sonic Guy but I can't freaking find me? Crazy. Hey I found "CommanderFlint" and "Polska", so I'm definitely within the right time frame now.

EDIT: FINALLLLLLLYYYYYYYY!!!

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Ha, that's some good history you found there, but yea even I have had some grammar issue back then, I totally used to act and type like a typical scrub, I was heavily ignored.

Chris comes to mind. :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom