• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nerf the **** out of Meta Knight.

Increase Snake's hitbox in u-tilt and f-tilt to make it MOAR broken. Make it last for 4 frames and increase the knock back and damage. Allow Snake to pull out as much grenades as he can.

@SSBF: You know who Mike Jones is?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Nerf the **** out of Meta Knight.

Increase Snake's hitbox in u-tilt and f-tilt to make it MOAR broken. Make it last for 4 frames and increase the knock back and damage. Allow Snake to pull out as much grenades as he can.

@SSBF: You know who Mike Jones is?
I sense sarcasm with that Solid Snake statement.

Cyan? Your old color when you supported Mega Man?

What happened to N? All his posts became edited by xeGO.

@M&S: To think I thought you were still a sucker for sarcasm

Hoots

Can Be Combative

How does this font look? I need opinions!

:phone:
I like the magenta. Anyways how do I "join" the Kremling Krew?! I'm the biggest Kremling fanboy around!

As far as Geno goes, you have to realize that although he may be obscure, Sakurai has definitely taken notice of him and is aware that he is very popular. Also, his lack of attention towards the internet will probably make him not realize that Geno has"lost" support. Also, when the polls come around, I have a feeling that Geno will still rank up there. Sadly I'll be too busy fighting for Layton and K Rool to help Geno out much. Priorities, man!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Inb4berserkergetsheatedup! :awesome:

I do somewhat with M&S though, he is too powerful.

What I find to be odd is that Ganondorf is the worst Brawl fighter, and yet his sluggish speed balances out his brute strength.

Solid Snake's attacks are strong and fast, making him heavily imbalanced.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Yea, strong and fast aren't too good of a combination, it's nice but it somewhat imbalances the game, heck I was stunned to learn how powerful he was, in his games he wasn't even considered so much powerful.

His attacks are predictable and extremely punishable on shield. His aerial game sucks and it's what makes him have trouble against characters like Wario (Not jiggs. Jiggs is easy). His recovery isn't that good because it's so easy to edgeguard

OmegaXXII

@M&S: you have a section on textures on Mario Kart Wii?!! O_O

@beserk: yea I see where you're getting at, he definetly does have bad air game though.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
His attacks are predictable and extremely punishable on shield. His aerial game sucks and it's what makes him have trouble against characters like Wario (Not jiggs. Jiggs is easy). His recovery isn't that good because it's so easy to edgeguard
Judging by his matchups, Solid Snake has very few disadvantages; only 5, with none of them being below 3/8. It's 50:50 with Wario.

Snake may not have the best air game, but his ground game makes up for that.

@M&S: you have a section on textures on Mario Kart Wii?!! O_O

@beserk: yea I see where you're getting at, he definetly does have bad air game though.

I do, but it's on the Mario Kart Wii forums. There's also the Kitty Corp. forums.

Judging by his matchups, Solid Snake has very few disadvantages; only 5, with none of them being below 3/8. It's 50:50 with Wario.

Snake may not have the best air game, but his ground game makes up for that.
That's true.

That doesn't make him overpowered. If you're looking for OP then it's MK. He has 0 even or disadvantaged match ups.

Snake's match ups aren't that spectacular. It's mostly slight advantages or noticable. Even against Mid tiers. It ranges from only 55:45 - 60:40. Some low tiers can even deal with Snake well.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That's true.

That doesn't make him overpowered. If you're looking for OP then it's MK. He has 0 even or disadvantaged match ups.

Snake's match ups aren't that spectacular. It's mostly slight advantages or noticable. Even against Mid tiers. It ranges from only 55:45 - 60:40. Some low tiers can even deal with Snake well.
That's what make tiers so weird. Solid Snake was ranked 2nd place before Diddy took that spot with his bananas.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

sunburst

Smash Rookie
I agree with some of the others here. Get rid of tripping (seriously what's the point?) re-balance some of the characters, and change the physics of the game. As for the tiers list, yeah, the skill of the player makes a big difference. I've seen some really good Ganon users and some crappy MK users, vise versa as well.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Probably already asked but I'm not checking 1400 pages.

What do you guys think the physics for Smash 4 be? Should it fast-paced like Melee? Slow and steady like Brawl? Or combo-heavy as 64? Or just brand new?

OmegaXXII

No tripping!! At least make it an option.

@---: You have your Caeda moveset? Maybe beserker could add it as well.

Edit: what the hell happened to N? He got hacked or something? O_O

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Just going to repost something I wrote out over at Nsider.

"What is funny is I remember a time where I've done the same, used my "logic" to determine why such and such character could/would not be playable. In fact there was one time specifically back during the pre-Brawl days over at old Nsider, where a user suggested Ivysaur being playable. Myself and others dismissed that idea quickly and laughed at the notion saying along these lines "there is no chance of him becoming playable. He is a quadruped Pokémon that never uses his arms, so he may as well not have any. How on earth would he work?" When Pokémon Trainer was revealed, boy was I surprised... So now I don't talk trash like that anymore unless it is clearly no functional like a brick or something.

On the flipside, being a supporter of Slime's has me constantly defending his potential functioning within the series. My debates usually go over the same details over and over again. When a character can be proven to perform the necessary functions needed to be a fighter in the Smash Bros universe, why should the absurdity of the character matter? After all, aren't the better characters the ones who bring something unique and different, stand out from the others? Maybe now I understand where many of those users I once shot down in my "drive by rationale" posting are coming from. When you are able to bring an idea and back it up with creativity, only to have someone disregard all of that without even trying to embrace the potential possibility, it is frustrating. I'll just admit now I don't like "x character" and would prefer not to see them, but at the end of the day Smash Bros is more then just characters."

I agree with Star. I think that's why being unique can help the character. Sakurai is interested in unique characters. Well.... about Ganondorf... I don't know about him. I can't answer for the other clones or semi clones in the past smash games. Maybe Sakurai was too lazy to give them an original moveset.

Don't know about N. All his posts were changed to "Edited by xeGO"

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@---: You have your Caeda moveset? Maybe beserker could add it as well.

Edit: what the hell happened to N? He got hacked or something? O_O
Right here, but it's the same as before as I haven't updated it yet. ;)

Cadea/Shiida http://ikusaba.nomaki.jp/gallery/fe/ps/an-sheeda.htm

Notes:
Has a fast walking and running speed (close to ZS Samus),
Is Floaty and has good air speed,
Is light weight (about Zelda's)

Pros:
Amazing Recovery
Can Glide
Very Fast
Weapon Change leads to interesting mix-ups and unique strategies,
D-Air + Lance is one of the best Meteor Smashes in the game,

Cons:
Is light weight and floaty
Poor Projectile
Few Kill Moves

Specials:

Neutral - Javelin/Sonic Sword - throws her lance a short distance, you charge it up like Link's Bow in order to gain distance and speed, but it makes her a sitting target, / slashes her sword to create a magic air slash, can't charge, faster but weaker than Javelin

Side - Pegasus Charge - dashes forward a short distance and at the end slashes with her weapon, when she slashes it can be a Meteor Smash, think Wolf Flash but horizontal,

Up - Mount - mounts onto her Pegasus and is able to fly for a short period, same as Wings of Icarus, but can attack during it however it doesn't last as long, 2-3 Seconds,

Down - Weapon Change - Changes her weapon, from lance to sword and vice versa, lance has better range but poor knockback and vice versa, only on the ground, leaves her vulnerable for a second,

Final - Triangle Attack - launches opponent into the air and middle of the stage like Great Aether, the Pegasus Sisters (Palla, Catria, Est) appear on their Pegasus's and do their signature Triangle Attack, doing 3 hits 20 damage each, good knockback,

Tilts:

Neutral/Jab - starts a rapid stabbing motion similar to Link's jab with her weapon,

Forward - leans forward and stabs opponent's with her weapon,

Up - a basic vertical slash,

Down - swipes at the ground with her weapon,

Dash - slides

Aerials:

Neutral - same as U-Air but in a forward position

Forward - same as F-Tilt but in the air,

Up - spins her weapon similar to Ike's U-Air

Down - thrusts her weapon downwards, can Meteor Smash (with the lance it may be the best in the game),

Back - same as F-Air but backwards,

Smashes:

Forward - attacks with both her weapons for 2 hits,

Up - thrusts her equipped weapon up in the air,

Down - like Marth's D-Smash,

Throws:

Pummel - hits opponent with her knee,

Forward - pushes opponent forward a tiny bit, then stabs them in the back with her weapon,

Up - throws opponent up above her, she stabs them midair with her weapon,

Down - throws opponent down, jumps up and stabs them with her weapon,

Back - same as forward throw, but behind,

Other:

Gliding - Summons her Pegasus

Taunts:

1. Playfully spins her lance/slashes her sword
2. Pets her Pegasus
3. Holds her weapon out, Says "I won't lose here!", if fighting Marth she says "Please stop my love..."

Costumes:

Green - Palla
Blue - Catria
Pink - Est
Orange - Elinca
White - Wedding Gown?

Kirby Hat: Gains her long blue hair, when copying her, he alternates between both her weapons,

As for N, I haven't seen him. He also deleted all the posts he sent me as well. ???

OmegaXXII

Well, Sakurai and Nintendo are jointly working together, I'm assuming.

@---: Cool, now I can look at her epic Triangle Attack in detail. :)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Probably already asked but I'm not checking 1400 pages.

What do you guys think the physics for Smash 4 be? Should it fast-paced like Melee? Slow and steady like Brawl? Or combo-heavy as 64? Or just brand new?
Whatever it is, I want chains in the next Smash.

OmegaXXII

Chain-grabs and combos would be awesomes, more hit-stun would be nice as well.

I'm guessing it might be a mix between Melee and Brawl, hopefully closer to Project M, but not so much.

Yeah. Same here. I'd like chains to become more possible in smash bros.

By the way Kuma, there's a new update in the moveset. You might wanna check out the new option for the neutral b.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Adding that to the moveset list
If you're talking about my Caeda moveset, then thanks and go right a head, just give me credit.

Also if I reposted my buffed Mewtwo with his Spoon Sword set (:cool:) would you add it as well?

Don't worry. If they click the picture, they'll see that you made it. I gave you credit.

What spoon sword?

OmegaXXII

Now a buffed Mewtwo is all we need, just perfect.

Also I just realized N told me that a surprise was coming, I guess this strange occurance is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom