• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I hope Marth gets redesigned, and if Link in Brawl is any indication, Sakurai seems to favor recent incarnations.

I'm still betting on Black Knight though, if we get any. For a number of reasons, really. Out of series importance, he ranks actually quite high. Medeus is Marth's villain, and Black Knight is Ikes. But Medeus won't work from a fighter standpoint given his nature. At the same time, most bosses in Fire Emblem levels are Generals, so the Black Knight sums up the classic bosses at once. Caeda would be fine by me, but more people know the Black Knight.

In order to best represent Fire Emblem as a whole, we need to break down what is the most important to the series, and I'd regard this as classes if we're looking at the big picture.

The main archetypes are:
Lords- Main character ala Marth, Lyn, Ike is technically one
Mages- Magic users like Michaiah
Mounted Units- Like Caeda
Knights- Heavy armored units like the Black Knight.
*- Not taking weapons into account as they vary.

I'd argue Lyn actually has the least to bring to the series as a whole because she'd be a light, quick sword user... like Marth. Caeda could offer a more unique playstyle with her lance. Michaiah would be great from a gameplay standpoint, firing off magic attacks hopefully not being a more developed Zelda clone. But the Black Knight offers an interesting gameplay perspective in his heavy armor, generals can all use lances and javelins.

Hope that made sense... really tired.

Black Knight Cutscenes:
Greils Fall: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBmU4nx7dJM
Ike vs. Black Knight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvfhL1BfByA
Zelgius (In red armor, not in guise of the Black Knight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tquKa4_xCQA
Wow, that is awesome!!

I totally support the Black Knight as well. People argue his inclusion because he isn't a considered the main FE villain as a whole, but I say they are wrong because he's had quite some relavence, not to mention he appeared in the latest FE games as well, plus FE needs a villain this time around.

Also, I love the themes, they could definetly have those from RD and PoR, but if any villain from FE deserves to be in it it should be the Black Knight.

:phone:

OmegaXXII

For reals, this thread isn't going to have ANY real thing to talk about until we either get a DOJO confirmation or an e3 trailer, otherwise expected this thread to go downhill.

This thread's topic has been.....

Characters
V
V
V
Items, stages, movesets, modes
V
V
V
V
Random off topic stuff, social
V
V
V
V
Trollssss

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Actually, I was thinking each character should have a final smash and a transformation smash. Some of our current final smashes fall under transformations so they would be switched and replaced by an actual attacking FS.

Examples: Bowser becomes Giga Bowser as his transformation and unleashes a crazy fire breath thing as his FS.
Kirby becomes a special ability kirby with enhanced moves as a transformation and does his chef kirby attack as his final smash.

Not all characters possess transformations though, so I don't see this happening. Stick with the basic Attack Final Smashes and Transformation Final Smashes.

Ah yeah, definitely could see Little Mac being revealed as one of the first newcomers.

But more than anything else I want some surprises when it comes to unlockable characters!

Captain Falcon, Marth, Ness, Falco as unlockable... Seriously?
- Ike should have been the unlockable one from Fire Emblem since he's new and not the quintessential, it'd be like unlocking Mario while starting with Yoshi.
- Meta Knight and/or King Dedede should at least be unlockable... Meta Knight especially, he just reeks of cool unlockable character.
- Captain Falcon should be starter, we all know he's gonna make it.
- Wario, Captain Olimar, Pit all new franchises.. but some should have been a susprise unlock like F-Zero, Fire Emblem, Earthbound, etc. were at first.

And before anything else, make it harder to get everyone. That was m main gripe w/ Brawl.
In Brawl, you only had to do less than half the amount of VS matches that you had to do in Melee to unlock everyone. That was quite lackluster, especially when more than 50% of the unlockables were just veterans.

If you're a major VS Mode player, you should play up to 2500 matches if there are 25 secret characters.

Hey xIblisx! Or anyone who can read/write Japanese)

Can you help me out with this little piece of writing I made on Mike from StarTropics?

*Mike Jones Image*

I suck at Kanji, and I wrote this in a combined effort of personal knowledge.. and a bit of google transcrap. :p

Just tell me if it makes sense to you, otherwise I'll go for a much simpler description. :D
I remembered doing those kinds of images during the Brawl hype. In fact, I still have a fair few of them still lingering around...

Note: The following images were during the Brawl discussions. They're not involved with the Smash 4 discussions.

Street Fighter X Tekken is looking great so far. Right there's that guy from infamous who is a PSV exclusive character?

@MarioSonic: Isn't Jr. a medium weight? It was proven in most spin offs like Mario kart.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@MarioSonic: Isn't Jr. a medium weight? It was proven in most spin offs like Mario kart.
I just said that the images were made during the Brawl hype, which was before Mario Kart Wii came into existence. They're very old, and have no involvement with Smash 4; look at the fake update dates for further proof.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Yeah the image thing, I like it but I wonder how we could get Ninty's attention with them

Oh yeah SFxT and TxSF is going to be really good. I better get into the competitive community as fast as possible so I don't end up missing that one point (like Brawl's release) where everyone, besides the usual pros, where around the same level.

Oh my bad mariosonic.

We'll have to wait for more info about Smash 4. Once there's news about smash 4, prepare for like 200 pages or more.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Oh my bad mariosonic.

We'll have to wait for more info about Smash 4. Once there's news about smash 4, prepare for like 200 pages or more.
Don't worry about it. I hardly ever use the images anymore after Brawl was released. Now they're just around for historical references.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I hate to say it but I think this thread is done, besides the stage concepts. I guess I'll start focusing on that connect thread now.

Omega: Did you enjoy watching my vids?

I'll come back to this thread once something ridiculous happens here.

I enjoy watching funny stuff like that. Lol

OmegaXXII

@Iblis, yea man, I'm a big fan of your Fox dressed in his Goku uniform, interesting matches indeed, how long you been playing competatively?

@berserker: I honestly hang around through the good and the bad, but mostly the bad because it's fun the interesting conversations.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yeah, nothing interesting will be here until some type of news. :-/
Same here. Got nothing else up my sleeve, since I already posted a roster, stage ideas, game play changes, possible enemies, possible bosses, possible Assist Trophies, possible Poke Ball Pokemon, some Special Movesets, an Adventure Mode plot, possible Event Matches, and other Solo Mode adjustments. Not much else to cover.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I'll come back to this thread once something ridiculous happens here.

I enjoy watching funny stuff like that. Lol
I'll probably be the cause of it LOL

@Iblis, yea man, I'm a big fan of your Fox dressed in his Goku uniform, interesting matches indeed, how long you been playing competatively?

For 3 years now. DAMN that means I started back when I was 12 O.o where did the time go.

@M&S: I've been keeping up. We've have ran through everything I think.

OmegaXXII

Trust me, EVERYTHING has been covered except the stupidity of trolls. :awesome:

@Iblis: wow that's nice, and yea you and that new guy will be the laughing stock of this thread I'm afraid.

Can't wait to see the pictures you post against them.

And... can you post that picture where in some guy jumps out of the window?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Yes, I'm afraid I'm the youngest here. Unforunately I expected to be stupidest...but we can all see that's not the case.

LOL, playing smash has made me dedicated to other things like, working out, schools, (I never had a problem with girls though :awesome:) and sticking to things. The community is good so when I reach out to the SFxT I hope the community is just as good, if not, I always know where I can fall back to.

I'll post images/gifs when the time comes.

OmegaXXII

I love working out myself, funny you mention that since Smash had an influence on this, seeing how strong and powerful some of the characters are made me want to get stronger physically and of course mentally lol..

Remember the last time someone posted a roster.........

Oh god. Just remove that roster before someone sees it. You know what happens right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom