• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Damn, I thought even Chris could tell he is a troll. Nevermind that **** LOL

Anyways hate to break it to you but Capcom has already made the move for Megaman in Smash. Read the article.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Oh ****, it's about to be double team yo.

I'm not a troll and sense you say people who say they aren't a troll aren't so stfu LOL

Aiyyo Lord don't be lazy and look it up if the search engine can understand what you type.

We out.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I'm so scared to get a warning again Chris. *Shivers*

I need to go cry to somebody that I may get kicked out a video gaming forum. LOL

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
That really made me want to post a link to a Waka Flocka song.

Forreal though, there will always be something going on in here. It actually keeps things interesting.

SO what's topic again?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
So I've finally got around to playing the Wind Waker...

I wonder if they could do something truly unique with Toon link. He could use the Wind Waker item (probably as a special, but maybe some normals could utilize it?) to create areas of blowing wind. Each "patch" would pretty much just be vacuum/push effects (with Wind Waker-esque particle effects showing you which direction it is blowing) that would last for a period of time. It could probably help with zoning, since an opponent wouldn't want to step into one and be blown in WHATEVER DIRECTION. It may help with recovery since you could set up a patch blowing upwards off-stage... or maybe set one up blowing downwards and knock your opponent into it, lol.

It would definitely be better than being a clone.

(ALSO EFF I HAD TO TYPE THIS TWICE DUE TO BAD GATEWAYS)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Why is that?

I've read that Sakurai thinks it is important to have an adult and younger version of Link in Smash. Would be kind of dumb if they had to always share specials. I bet one could even make a unique moveset for every incarnation of Link. Hell, with Twilight Princess offering Link and Wolf Link + Midna, that incarnation could have TWO unique movesets.

Super Link Bros. would be so boring. Green skirts and white lyrca everywhere.

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
K So I just started playing Golden Sun: Dark Dawn and it's ridiculous the moveset potential of Matthew/Isaac. And I've only played a good 3-4 hours so far.

Also, since I noticed something similar earlier in this thread, do you guys think each character should obtain a 2nd final smash?
Maybe instead of pushing B, you push A to unleash it, and maybe during adventure mode you can unlock their 2nd FS?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
K So I just started playing Golden Sun: Dark Dawn and it's ridiculous the moveset potential of Matthew/Isaac. And I've only played a good 3-4 hours so far.

Also, since I noticed something similar earlier in this thread, do you guys think each character should obtain a 2nd final smash?
Maybe instead of pushing B, you push A to unleash it, and maybe during adventure mode you can unlock their 2nd FS?
Could you elaborate more on that? I've assumed he had a lot of moveset potential from things I've read, even though I only have an extremely vague understanding of what it could be. Something to do with ...Djinns? Also, is it just potential for unique specials, or an entire moveset? ...I PROBABLY SHOULD HAVE READ SOME OF THOSE ISAAC/MATTHEW MOVESETS.

Also I kind of don't want to believe that "rule" about Toon Link has a lot of meaning. Maybe just a figure of speech...? It would just be such a waste to limit himself like that. I understand those items are icons of LoZ, but just having one Link use them should be enough. D:

AndwasthatWindWakerLinkconceptinterestingatall? owo

Kantrip

Kantplay
Actually, I was thinking each character should have a final smash and a transformation smash. Some of our current final smashes fall under transformations so they would be switched and replaced by an actual attacking FS.

Examples: Bowser becomes Giga Bowser as his transformation and unleashes a crazy fire breath thing as his FS.
Kirby becomes a special ability kirby with enhanced moves as a transformation and does his chef kirby attack as his final smash.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

I'm seeing another pattern.

The original had eight starters, less then ten. Melee had fourteen starters, in the 10s. Brawl had 21, in the 20s. If this pattern continues, we could be seeing at least 30 starters in SSB4. Considering that I am 100% confident that we will get at least 15 unlockables, if this pattern is consistent, it should guarantee us at least 45 slots. Now I'm not saying it will follow through, but just keep this in note.

@Nine: What does the quote say about "No Sonic or Snake"? I'd like to see proof.

@Lord Hokage: Your posting is god awful. Ryu is probably not getting before Mega Man and we have zero chances of seeing Goku or Naruto. Plus your typing is terrible, fix it immediately.
Sonic Poke said:
With the withdrawal of k. Rool in DKCR, what do you think about your chances? I think he has 60% chance
I put his chances at 80%. Look at the Rate Their Chances thread for explanation of this.
Oasis_S said:
I think Matthew/Isaac would be a starter character, but when it comes to revealing him in the first trailer, I wouldn't think either of them have as much recognition as any character revealed during Brawl's trailer? Little Mac at least is comparable to Pit. Maybe Ridley to Meta Knight... Problem is, Ridley would surely be an unlockable, so we may not hear anything about him for QUITE SOME TIME. U3U
I think Matthew/Isaac would have to be unlocked. I consider Starfy, Saki, and Little Mac to be more likely to be revealed at the trailer.

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
Could you elaborate more on that? I've assumed he had a lot of moveset potential from things I've read, even though I only have an extremely vague understanding of what it could be. Something to do with ...Djinns? Also, is it just potential for unique specials, or an entire moveset? ...I PROBABLY SHOULD HAVE READ SOME OF THOSE ISAAC/MATTHEW MOVESETS.

AndwasthatWindWakerLinkconceptinterestingatall? owo
Well I didn't wanna elaborate too much for the fact I've just scratched the surface of the game and he probably has even more potential. Basically, he has earth psynergy abilities, which allows him to erupt with earth attacks, plant attacks, and special move/grip attacks (Like his AT). Djinns are special beings that assist during gameplay, they could be incorporated as special moves or maybe FS.
But just as a jist of his potential uhhh..

UP B: [Grip] Matthew uses psynergy to create a hand to grab onto another player or ledge. If grabbed onto a player, he lunges towards them while slamming down with the giant hand. Would act like CF's up B, if he catches someone, he can redo it.

Side B: [Quake] Matthew uses psynergy to summon a wave of earthern spears from the ground in a horizontal direction, 4-5 spikes. Due to being ground, if used in air, he portrudes several vines that can attack from his hand.

Up Smash: [Spire] Matthew slams his hands down as two pillars of earth appear on each side of him [Kinda like Squirtle's].

He also has a sword. lolol
That's just again a taste of what he can potentially do. That's if you only focus on his earth elements.

Actually, I was thinking each character should have a final smash and a transformation smash. Some of our current final smashes fall under transformations so they would be switched and replaced by an actual attacking FS.

Examples: Bowser becomes Giga Bowser as his transformation and unleashes a crazy fire breath thing as his FS.
Kirby becomes a special ability kirby with enhanced moves as a transformation and does his chef kirby attack as his final smash.

I really like that idea :)
Pikachu could become Raichu haha.

Kantrip

Kantplay
And K. Rool could do a cannonball rain or summon kremlings or something as a final smash, and become K.A.O.S. as a transformation. I think all characters have potential for both.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Hey xIblisx! Or anyone who can read/write Japanese)

Can you help me out with this little piece of writing I made on Mike from StarTropics?

I suck at Kanji, and I wrote this in a combined effort of personal knowledge.. and a bit of google transcrap. :p

Just tell me if it makes sense to you, otherwise I'll go for a much simpler description. :D

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
COOL STUFF
Oh man, earthy stuff? I'm going to love the guy. I always liked ground/rock/steel-type Pokeymanz. :V

Heatran for Sm4sh.

@SSBF: I dunno, Starfy and Saki aren't really big names? (Well, maybe Starfy is and I just haven't been paying attention :V) I would imagine the characters revealed in the first trailer would have to be well known. Most people would probably be left thinking "Little Mac... and those other guys."

Anyway, I was thinking both Isaac and Saki would be starters, with Ray as an unlockable. But who knows, lol.

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration
Oh man, earthy stuff? I'm going to love the guy. I always liked ground/rock/steel-type Pokeymanz. :V

Heatran for Sm4sh.

@SSBF: I dunno, Starfy and Saki aren't really big names? (Well, maybe Starfy is and I just haven't been paying attention :V) I would imagine the characters revealed in the first trailer would have to be well known. Most people would probably be left thinking "Little Mac... and those other guys."

Anyway, I was thinking both Isaac and Saki would be starters, with Ray as an unlockable. But who knows, lol.
Actually,this new Smash will probably have characters no one but the development team thought of,just like Brawl.Did anyone predict Rob?Nope!Did anyone consider Snake?Nope!So I think this game will be just like that. :V

D

Deleted member

Oasis_S said:
It's more of a gut feeling then anything when it comes to predicting whenever or not we have to unlock these characters. I don't think being big names are going to mean anything when determining starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom