• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Rocky V had a worse plot, execution, and acting. Still, Rocky IV did have a lot of holes, poor plot lines, and loads of filler. Actually Rocky III-V had tons of filler, despite being short.
Yeah, I knew that's what you meant. And that sucks for Ono.
Yeah! Kaio: King of Pirates. It looks awesome and I love the character designs. ^_^
I'll definitely pick it up when it comes out, but I think it would also be awesome if he made a game in collaboration with Nintendo. Plus then it would be eligible for Smash (as a 2nd party).
If it's as good as it looks, I want some trophies and stickers in Smash Wii U and 3DS. When Smash 6 comes around, it better get a sequel, and a playable smash characters! :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Simply put, nothing beats the first 3.
Honestly should have ended there. (R.I.P. Apollo :()

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Simply put, nothing beats the first 3.
Honestly should have ended there. (R.I.P. Apollo :()
I thought the 1st 2 were good. The 3rd should have taken place years and years after Rocky was undefeated, and featured more of a personal crisis in Rocky's life. Like have Adrian get cancer or something, and Rocky is suffering with some serious physical damage. That would have made it more appealing. I was okay with the 6th one, though.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I ironically kinda feel the same way about Smash Bros; I'm not too high on the 3rd one! :laugh:

Hopefully the forthcoming Smash 3DS and WiiU are quality games. By the way, if one game comes out earlier, which one do you think it will be=???

Personally, I think Smash 3DS would come out earlier than Smash WiiU, because the staff knows more about the 3DS' technology.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
The White Tanooki is indeed in the 3DS Mario, it is given to you when you are failing really hard. I'm guessing they are continuing that with NSMBU.

D

Deleted member

Got dang Super Guides ruining the challenge of games....
Donkey Kong did it, Mario did it.
What's next, Pokemon? You lose so bad that an Uber Trainer plays for you with invincible Pokemon?

Sonic? A White Sonic plays the level for you?
Zelda? A Link in white clears the dungeon for you?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Cranky has always said that today's games are easier than the classics. Of course, in Donkey Kong Country Returns, Super Kong can't bail you out of Mirror Mode.

Anyway, I doubt that we'll have to be concerned with Super Guides in Smash Bros..

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Yeah, I actually welcome such features. They can make the game for core gamers, and when children like my two younger sisters play Mario 3DS, when they have a hard time, they can use the White Tanooki suit. It is appreciated. Helps also because sometimes instead of just handing the 3DS to me telling me to do it for them, they may be able to do it themselves after a while.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Today's video games are hardly challenging at all. The way they make games difficult is broken AI (ie: getting a head shot from 500 feet away without a scope), increasing the number of enemies to where you can't dodge, or just make enemies do more damage (like Skyward Sword's Hero Mode where you take double damage).

I don't think I've died in a Mario game (aside from Sunshine's camera killing me) since Super Mario 64. The only Zelda games I've died in are the 1st four! :laugh: So making them easier (or in this case, easier to learn) isn't something that is going to take away from the games that haven't already been taken away.

If anything, they make it easier for new-ish gamers to get into gaming, which is a good thing. If you don't want to use them, you don't have to.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Donkey Kong did it, Mario did it.
What's next, Pokemon? You lose so bad that an Uber Trainer plays for you with invincible Pokemon?

Sonic? A White Sonic plays the level for you?
Zelda? A Link in white clears the dungeon for you?
It's funny because that sonic idea was supposed to be in the rumored sonic dimensions.

:phone:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Speaking of getting reported on again, Sakurai mentioned a little bit about retro characters again. You guys can digest this one:
Old characters most certainly includes retro characters, but I'm hoping it also references those who may not have been in their series' last installment for terrible reasons, but are fan favorites regardless.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think Sakurai meant retro characters as in somewhat forgotten characters. I think we can cross characters like King K. Rool and Ridley off that list! :laugh:[COLLAPSE="This guy seriously needs to be in the next smash bros. For realZs!!!"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Super Mario 3DS is harder than the other 3D mario games in the sense that you don't have health, you do it typical one hit Mario style (unless you have an item on obviously). Having health in the Galaxy games and 64 made it really hard for me to die unless I made a misstep in platforming near an edge.

At least NSMBU doesn't give you health and you play it traditional Mario style, it'll probably require more attention from me than the two Galaxy games forced on me (excluding I think a level or two in them).

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Well, it would make sense for Takamaru to be one of the first characters developed, since his moveset would likely be pretty generic.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I wouldn't necessarily call Takamaru's moves "generic." Maybe "simple," but not "generic."

And the 1st characters developed will be the veterans, because there is already tons of content for them, especially if they were in Smash 64 and Melee (as well as Brawl). For movesets you just have to tweak stuff instead of make new stuff, which is about 10 times as easy as creating something from the ground up.

However, there may be some brand new moves for some veterans, of course. That is of course the exception to the rule, but not a huge one.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Yeah,because anyway,it's not fun when someone have to do it for you,like you're hungry but you have a hard time at eating,"if you want,i can eat it,for you"you'd rather look if something for your problems exist.Like if you have a hard time walking,you'll be given special shoes.Same here.If you have a hard time putting your shoes somewhere,take Ridley,it's a shoe-in.:awesome:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Adam Riley: You have mentioned how you like to breathe new life into forgotten franchises. Now that Kid Icarus has been completed, what other old classic would you like to look at? Ice Climbers, Star Tropics, MoleMania…or something non-Nintendo?

Sakurai-san: I am planning on doing my best to bring old characters back in Smash Bros. From that perspective, I am probably in the most fortunate position in the world.

My reaction to reading this.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I honestly don't see very many new series making any entries. I mean, what does Nintendo really have left? Maybe if they make some new exclusives with the Wii U.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Nintendo has hundreds of IPs left ethan mai boi. The Project Rainfall Trio IPs, several dozen forgotten retro franchises and games, and quite a few new underrated gems like Geist, Eternal Darkness, etc.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Sheriff is starting to become a stronger possibility with that statement. I mean there is nothing more retro then a character that debuted before Mario.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
There are quite a few Nintendo characters that debuted before Mario.

However, Sheriff is the oldest Nintendo character, and pre-dates even the great Game and Watch handheld games. :psycho:

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Speaking of reiterating old news, here's a new interview where Sakurai again states he plans to revive retro character(s) in SSB4.

My favorite part is Sakurai finally got asked about StarTropics. :chuckle:

The rest of the interview is mostly about Uprising.
http://www.cubed3.com/news/16920
And into the info thread it goes.

I bet we're among the few people who knew about stuff like that before hand. :cool:

Sadly, Capcom will be losing one of its' best employees. Capcom seems like a sinking ship...
Such a shame, but not as bad as the loss of Inafune.

Take that, Crapcom! This is what happens for killing off Mega Man. :cool:
Crapcom yes, but for other reasons. Mega Man is not dead, he's on hiatus (most likely until the end of this year or early next year).

Well, it would make sense for Takamaru to be one of the first characters developed, since his moveset would likely be pretty generic.
Generic? Have you even see his game?

Can turn invisble, throw Fireballs/Knives/Windmill Swords, summon lightning, block projectiles with his sword, can run on water, as well as improve his projectiles abilities and his running speed.

He can do way more than any other sword user in Smash or possible sword newcomer bar Link. lol

D

Deleted member

How is Sheriff any stronger of a possibility with that statement?

He didn't say "before Mario", and there are a crapton of Retros that could be factored in, such as Takamaru, Mach Rider, Balloon Fighter (Olimar nulls his "useless without balloons" statement), etc.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Triple Dash
Nothing is as bad for Capcom as losing Inafune, except if they have to lay off a huge amount of their company. That man is a freaking genius among geniuses.

What that man turned that blue robot into, the amount of awesome levels, games, and new concepts he made for just the classic Mega Man franchise is mind-blowing!

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I never said Sheriff was the only possibility, but more like one of the possibilities. Personally Takamaru and Sheriff would be enough retro wise, but again the possibilities are somewhat diverse with the statement. There is also stuff like Sukapon, Prince Sable, Muddy Mole, Mike Jones, Lip, Mike (Battle Clash), and so on.

D

Deleted member

I'm merely questioning your statement that Sheriff is now stronger of a possibility, when nothing has changed from before the quote and after.
Sakurai's saying what we already knew, that there will be more revivals.
With Melee and Brawl having them, that was kind of a given.

Whatever "possibility" he had is the same. As it is for Mach Rider, Takamaru, Balloon Fighter, Muddy Mole, etc.
Their chances didn't "magically" go up; they are at the same level they were prior to the quote.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
People that think "I don't think there are enough franchises left for Nintendo to cover" could really use investigating Nintendo's library throughout its history a bit more...

-Punch Out
-Golden Sun
-Balloon Fight
-Nazo no Murasame
-Mole Mania
-Star Tropics
-Sin and Punishment
-Eternal Darkness
-Geist
-Joy Mech Fight
-Chibi Robot
-Custom Robo
-Mach Rider
-Pro Wrestling
-Air Fortress
-Panel de Pon

And these are just off the top of my head. (And sure some of these were one-shots). :p

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Oasis, why you do like to give random characters maid outfits?

If that's the case, then how about King K. Rool in a maid outfit.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well I guess you're right in a sense. Never was really interested in any of the Chibi Robo games, so I forgot there for a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom