• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Even if Sakurai has already used most of the "big" Nintendo series, he still has many other ones left to choose from (as shinhed's list proves), while still adding characters from the bigger series. Even if he starts to run low on viable characters from unrepresented series, it won't be for another couple games.

And I agree, even though Nintendo has recently created a few new good IPs (and still has a few more to release), we could always use more new Nintendo series. Cuz we're greedy like that. ;)

@shinhed-echi
Also the Rainfall trio, with now being a good time to implement them in Smash (in whatever form).

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
May as well post this again too:

That was the best discussion we ever had.

Oasis, why you do like to give random characters maid outfits?

If that's the case, then how about King K. Rool in a maid outfit.
Oasis and I had a crazy funny discussion about Ridley and it turned into that and the Neko Miruku Meido Ridley.

And you guys might be surprised this. There's a discussion about a Street Fighter V (no, it's just hypothetical) and alot of people are asking more of the same or asking for stuff from other SF series like parries (blech). You wanna know what I suggest, and this is going to shock you guys. I suggested spot dodging and running in not just the forward direction, but the backwards direction too. There's other things too, but I feel Street Fighter V cannot fall back on II's appeal like IV did. It's got to go in a new direction. I realized this when I found the SF characters to be rather bland in SFxTK.

Also, Seth Killian has left Capcom.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Generic? Have you even see his game?

Can turn invisble, throw Fireballs/Knives/Windmill Swords, summon lightning, block projectiles with his sword, can run on water, as well as improve his projectiles abilities and his running speed.

He can do way more than any other sword user in Smash or possible sword newcomer bar Link. lol
I call his potential moveset generic because, looking at Sakurai's previous moveset decisions, the attacks of many characters fail to represent their in-game source material, or are simply entirely made up. While Takamaru may be able to control lightning, I can see Sakurai taking a more simple approach, with him just throwing ninja stars and having katana slashes for most of his other moves, just because that's how Sakurai interprets the character.

:phone:

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I call his potential moveset generic because, looking at Sakurai's previous moveset decisions, the attacks of many characters fail to represent their in-game source material, or are simply entirely made up. While Takamaru may be able to control lightning, I can see Sakurai taking a more simple approach, with him just throwing ninja stars and having katana slashes for most of his other moves, just because that's how Sakurai interprets the character.
We'll just have to see what happens then. :p

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Only 3rd party characters I'm interested in are Megaman and Simon.

.... But as it looks now, things seem REALLY bleak for Megaman. I know I had the hope that Megaman was being "saved" for SSB4, but I've got to face it. Megaman has no more chance of appearing in SSB4 as he has of getting a new game of his own. :(

Just hope the Mega Ban ends soon.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I would personally prefer to see Prince Sable if we were to see a NES era swordsman.

EDIT: Takamaru would still be a welcome addition.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'd imagine Takamaru being a fragile speedster of sorts, if Takamaru is going to follow the cliche swift movements of typical samurais.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
In my opinion, only a handful of characters have been represented properly to the fullest extant or have been envisioned in some amazing way like the best characters in Melee. Some, like Samus, have not been allowed to explore their full potential. Then you've got some who weren't given enough thought like Zelda, Lucas, Ness, and Dedede.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Only 3rd party characters I'm interested in are Megaman and Simon.

.... But as it looks now, things seem REALLY bleak for Megaman. I know I had the hope that Megaman was being "saved" for SSB4, but I've got to face it. Megaman has no more chance of appearing in SSB4 as he has of getting a new game of his own. :(

Just hope the Mega Ban ends soon.
He's not dead, just on hiatus.

Capcom doesn't hate him, heck they're so far doing more for his anniversary than Street Fighter's. His games were cancelled because they wouldn't sell (to the amount that Capcom needs to stay afloat with the financal situation they're currently in) and not being in MvC3 was due to not being as suited to the game as Zero would be.

He's still an important brand for Capcom and people have been asking for him in Smash since Pre-Melee, not having a game right at the moment doesn't hurt anything. He's still the lead 3rd party character in terms of popularity and evidence towards an agreement towards both companies.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yet they'll add Phoenix Wright. This makes me sad.
Yeah, it was a sorta dumb move by them, but it doesn't mean they hate they Blue Bomber by any means.

Personally I thought it was stranger than they added Nemesis after they originally said that he'd ruin the T Rating. lol

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Personally I thought it was stranger than they added Nemesis after they originally said that he'd ruin the T Rating. lol
Lol, it's funny because I just finished watching RE: Apocalypse.

I actually forgot about Nemesis being in UMvC3. I think Jill, Chris and Wesker were more than enough, but I guess that's just me.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'm eventually going to get Pokemon Conquest because it got ******** good reviews, but I wanted to finally get my hands on Okamiden first. Next month I won't be able to get it either if I'm to get Last Story and the Kirby Dream Collection.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Only Namco reps that interest me are Lloyd Irving(double swords), Nightmare(Soul Calibur. He's just awesome, IMO), and Pac-Man.(well, he is a mascot...)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Oh Sakurai... why did you have to make that terrible joke?

And yet, it seems awesome because he said it. Man I must still be a fanboy, DAMNIT!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Which makes me wonder if Nintendo officially owns Xenosaga now since they did buy Monolith. If they did, they could do that and make a new Xenosaga game.
[glow]No, the Xenosaga series is still property of Namco (or whomever the original company was that published the series).[/glow]

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hey, so does anyone think we may get more retro characters this time around? Or just the one (Takamaru) like we've been anticipating?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I want Balloon Fighter now that I created that awesome moveset gimmick for him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom