• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Shortiecanbrawl said:
Ike and Marth the least, but Roy will be a clone. And Krom, could be a clone. I really don't see why having two new additions be wasted on these two possible clones would be a good idea.
Can't put my finger on it, but there's something about this post that I liked.

Perhaps it had to do with a certain projection of how things might turn out. For that matter, I wonder what the problem would be with including supporting roles to a franchise.

I mean, not even the AT's represented throughout the adventure to encapsulate that nintendo feel; though even with them the group dynamic would still probably be just as bland.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Holder of the Heel, the more I look at that avatar of yours, the more I have a mental image of a trollfaced purple Reggiemin doing the haters gonna hate walk in front of the president of Sony and Microsoft. Please make it stop! XD

:phone:
I tend to swap out my avatars every once and a while, but I'll keep this one on for a while just for you. <3 :laugh:

And now I can't stop imaging Purple Pikmin Reggie doing that, thanks R.O.B. xD

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Fire Emblem stuff I missed a while ago during the Netherlands soccer game
Not counting Pokemon, Fire Emblem has the most characters you can realistically choose from than any other Nintendo franchise. The thing is that FE doesn't carry the flag for Nintendo; Mario, Zelda, trendy franchise (Kid Icarus atm), and Pokemon do. The Smash roster has reflected this in all 3 games. FE will most likely be getting 3 or 4 characters in the next Smash installment.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Starphoenix said:
If Saki originally made it into Brawl as an AT because he was a popular request (as Sakurai has stated), then I think whatever popularity he had then is only going to increase now with less characters to choose from and more exposure, both as a character and as a series.
I'm not certain that I get this, I might need some interpretation.

In the meantime I'm convinced that this latest game was somewhat of a hushed casket. Not quite by sales but by presentation alone. I can't say whether Golden Sun presents any threat to Sin and Punishment, but I will have to err on John's side in that GS has a whole different set of appeals by correlation.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I think he means since the pool of important Nintendo character are becominng low, popularity will take a stronger effect on newcomers this time around.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
****ING CHAPTER 18 AAAA.
I presume you're playing the Magnus level on 9.0. To make life easier, try not to wildly attack and instead dodge and retaliate when the opportunity arrives. Also keep in mind that Magnus has very deceiving range with his attack; when an enemy has the arrow over its head, you'll automatically approach the opponent when you press the attack button. Very useful, especially for the battle against Pit's body.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Actually, I'm just trying to beat it really fast on 7.5. It's easy enough to get to Pit, but Pit keeps killing me. NOT USING TO PLAYING AS MAGNUS. APPARENTLY I'M NOT THE STRONGEST IN THE WHOLE WORLD WITHOUT MY HEALTH RECOVERY POWERUPS.

Also, I think what Star was saying is that Saki was popular enough to make it as an AT despite no one here really knowing who he was. That itself is very telling of the kind of popularity he has THERE. NOW, because of his appearance in Brawl, his popularity has only GROWN, especially because his game is now available here, and it got a sequel.

God damn it. I beat it on 7.5, but I guess it wasn't fast enough. I hope shutting the 3DS for a bit while it was on a loadscreen wasn't the reason.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Oasis just give up. Send me your 3DS and game and let's get this thing over with.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
More like the DOG that is magnetized to that pile of rubble which I guess is supposed to be trash.

It used to be hilarious before it was infuriating.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Saki wasn't exactly popular to begin with, even in Japan. So I doubt popularity was the reason for Saki making an appearance as a Assist Trophy. Instead, I think it originates from Sakurai's liking of rail shooters.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Somehow, I doubt Diddy Kong has played Ocarina of Time much, if even at all. That or he doesn't remember much of the story, or sees Skyward Sword as a better game.
As a mather of fact, its my first Zelda ever. After that I got Link's Awakening. I only got Ocarina cause everyone and everything called it the best game ever. Still liked my DKC, DK64 and Diddy Kong Racing more, but I enjoyed the game and recently even beat it again from an old safe file (saved at the point where LITERALLY Sheik revealed herself to be Zelda, I still liked Impa better).

And I think I enjoyed SS better yeah. But only cause it brought so much new stuff to the series.

Anyways, OOT is great. But Sheik... She still sucks.

And Oasis you greedy ******* why won't you give me your 3DS? I could then at least enjoy Sheik's latest 'role' in OOT3DS. :smirk:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
And Oasis you greedy ******* why won't you give me your 3DS? I could then at least enjoy Sheik's latest 'role' in OOT3DS. :smirk:
It's the same role as the old one, that is, not affecting your arguments at all ever because you don't know what you're talking about.

I love the pirate cannon. Totally not because it's my strongest weapon at 304.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I've been getting back into Fossil Fighters: Champions today. If we have shops in Sm4sh's Adventure Mode, I want the music from the Fossil Guild to play in them. SO... CATCHY... :fuuu:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's the same role as the old one, that is, not affecting your arguments at all ever because you don't know what you're talking about.

I love the pirate cannon. Totally not because it's my strongest weapon at 304.
The old one sucked. It was sarcasm. Sheik didn't do ****.

I still want that 3DS. 1 month and 2 weeks till my birthday also. (Hint, hint)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Just because he may not crunch sales numbers doesn't necessarily mean he is doing what you said above.
Yes, but it isn't hard to know the difference between the popularity Fire Emblem's and Sin & Punishment. If Sakurai doesn't care, that is a whole other issue.
But really, we have no idea what the guy tries to do, like I keep saying, so John you may be very correct. Or wrong as well
Again, Sakurai has yet to include a "new" playable character (like Saki) who is so obscure. The closest thing to that was Roy, but he was in a decent-selling franchise.
That isn't the only thing that happens when the engines are upgraded.
Yeah, but in the past 5 years we've seen so much money dumped specifically on the graphical part of engines, which is why so many companies are hurting.
The systems can then tolerate way more content and bigger areas filled with those highly graphical things with less stress on the console. While in terms of pixel appearance, yeah, it isn't jumping by leaps and bounds, but everything else is.
DING! DING! DING! We have a winner! That's exactly what is going to be the focus next. Microsoft and Sony are going to have a battle over who can have more people in a FPS for the next 3-8 years. MAG already tapped into that potential for huge online for consoles. Such a battle could either be really good or really bad for the industry IMHO.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Huh, I completely forgot about Fossil Fighters. I've never played ether game, although I do know about the general premise. Collect fossils, revive them, and fight.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Actually, I'm just trying to beat it really fast on 7.5. It's easy enough to get to Pit, but Pit keeps killing me. NOT USING TO PLAYING AS MAGNUS. APPARENTLY I'M NOT THE STRONGEST IN THE WHOLE WORLD WITHOUT MY HEALTH RECOVERY POWERUPS.

Also, I think what Star was saying is that Saki was popular enough to make it as an AT despite no one here really knowing who he was. That itself is very telling of the kind of popularity he has THERE. NOW, because of his appearance in Brawl, his popularity has only GROWN, especially because his game is now available here, and it got a sequel.

God damn it. I beat it on 7.5, but I guess it wasn't fast enough. I hope shutting the 3DS for a bit while it was on a loadscreen wasn't the reason.
How fast do you have to beat it? I don't even see that achievement. Btw I beat it on 7.5 my first try =P chump

VVV Before I get you one, remind me what you got me for my bday =P

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
In the meantime I'm convinced that this latest game was somewhat of a hushed casket. Not quite by sales but by presentation alone. I can't say whether Golden Sun presents any threat to Sin and Punishment, but I will have to err on John's side in that GS has a whole different set of appeals by correlation.
Sin & Punishment's last game I don't think even made 100k sales, even with an international release (that is why I called it a "box office bomb"; Golden Sun's last game made a few hundred thousand sales. Sin & Punishment has maybe sold 300k as a series, vs. Golden Sun sales as a series not being too far of of 3 million.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
How fast do you have to beat it? I don't even see that achievement. Btw I beat it on 7.5 my first try =P chump
18 minutes I think. How can a chump ever be a champ. u3u

Also I hate playing John's dumb little game, but S&P2 sold 130,000 units. As a series, it has 480,000 units sold. Who knows how much the VC release made.

I think John's still upset that I called Golden Sun a "small series," like S&P, which it is.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Golden Sun ain't perticularry big, but its always named when talking about good Nintendo first (or second) party RPG games. The quality of the series does it, and it has quite some popularity and dedicated fans.

When Golden Sun comes out for 3DS will you finally gimme that 3DS of yours Oasis?

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
18? It didn't seem like it took me that long but I didn't get the achievement =\ I'll try again later maybe.

You just don't know how to use it right bread[]

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
While that is a fantastic play on words, the Doom Cannon really is awful. The only plus is that I can camp behind walls and create moderate hell in open areas with the charge shots online. It's funny, because I really like most Cannons.

I have a Silver Bow, 5 Range and 5 Melee, value 295. It is my baby. I know you hold disdain for homing capabilities, Oasis, but it makes air battles tremendously easy. Also, it's nice that it's abilities are pretty evenly split between Range and Melee.

I like balance a bunch.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Diddy, Golden Sun is about as big as Fire Emblem and Pikmin (once 3 comes out), and bigger than F-Zero and MOTHER in terms of sales.
I don't want Dixie to have any involvement bar something like Tails' role in Sonic Unleashed if that is the case.
I don't think anyone with a even partially functioning brain who knows how good Diddy was in Brawl and how good he could be wants a Diddy/Dixie Kong duo. That'd be broken.

D

Deleted member

I got to thinking, and I think Balloon Fighter may have another shot.
The main thing that Sakurai denied Balloon Fighter for was that he'd be "useless" without his balloons.
However, Brawl gave us a clear counter to that: :olimar:
Olimar is virtually useless without his Pikmin, so who's to say that Balloon Fighter couldn't work now?

Also, Balloon Fight has recieved a lot of attention within Smash and outside Smash for quite a few years, even having a seperate minigame based of it's entire premise in WarioWare: Smooth Moves. And now there's a game for it featured in the upcoming Nintendo Land.

So what do you guys think? Does Balloon Fighter have another chance?

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
I kiiiiiiiinda think Pikmin edges out Golden Sun.

FE > Pikmin > Golden Sun in terms of bigginess. That's how I see it.

@Golden I've been thinking that. I really like the idea, just because the idea of Balloon Fight and Ice Climber sharing a universe (hinted at in the Summit stage) appeals to me. And I think the Balloonist would have a neat mechanic in keeping his balloons inflated to stay stronger.

And refilling his balloons would be as easy as assigning the task to a special move. Neutral Special: Inflate Balloons. Bam.

I think some people say that he would be bland, and I can see where that sentiment comes from. But the same could've been said about the Ice Climbers pre-Melee, so I have faith that he would be made interesting and would have a fun little personality.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm not certain that I get this, I might need some interpretation.
What these guys said:

I think he means since the pool of important Nintendo character are becominng low, popularity will take a stronger effect on newcomers this time around.
[break]

Golden Sun and Sin and Punishment are not is some type of conflict. In all actuality (if at all) it's Xenoblade vs Golden Sun, and Xenoblade is going to win out in the end in that battle.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Gross. You like BOWS. What kind of weakling are you. May as well wearing one on your head, you LITTLE GIRL.

I think the only bows I can even stand are the Phosphora and Aurum bows.

Man. I need to hurry up and fuse me a powerful Volcano arm. I miss it.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Mine was Meta Knight and Sakurai heard me and put him in. I like to think it was just for me.

EDIT: Wait, that's a lie it was poliwhirl but MK was my first non pole choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom