• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViperGold42

Smash Lord
Marth? You mean Meta Knight. Marth's moveset already sucks, check Roy ;)

Did I told y'all already how ****ing bad I miss Mewtwo??

Yo automatic, I like playing Mario to (in Melee, that's it). So you're not the only one. :p

:phone:
yet Roy was in a Tier war with Marth when Melee first came out, I wonder even you've played Melee, Mario in Melee is below Doc (the clone) The Kobe out do's the Mario.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I'm pretty sure he doesn't know what he speaks of. Word up to that Kobe Fair though.

Man, if I was older when Melee took off I would love to be in its scene. So many memorable things come out of it. Wombo Combo, Kobe (Dr. Mario), Ken Combo, That Ain't Falco, etc.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Metaknigt's moveset only translates well in Brawl. He would have the Roy effect in Melee.
I disagree. He would likely have the Jiggz effect, yet faster and with better recovery.

LOL I DIDN'T PLAY MELEE NOW?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Meta Knight would not be better than Jigglypuff in Melee, sorry. Jigglypuff is easily one of the top 3-5 characters in Melee, and has ridiculously more combos and kill moves.
Marth? You mean Meta Knight. Marth's moveset already sucks, check Roy ;)
That was how to do bad. Because, you know, we all like playing as as a different version of characters that have less power, less speed, less range, less grab range, less combos, less recovery height and length, less recovery options, less wavedash distance, and a worse sweet spot.
Did I told y'all already how ****ing bad I miss Mewtwo?
I don't miss :mewtwo: at all. What I miss is :150:'s potential greatness that could be achieved in smash. Seriously, the potential for greatness :mewtwo: has in smash is incredible.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
If Roy did hypothetically come back, his moveset would be different enough to differentiate himself form Marth. Like, maybe some moves that involve kicking or punching, or altered special moves.

But I do wonder about other hypothetical characters from Fire Emblem that could be in the next game. There is also Krom, Caeda, Ike, Leaf, Lyn etc that could be in the next game too. Presuming that Marth is staying, we could have between 2 to 4 characters from the Fire Emblem games.

@Shorty: I really dislike that roster. And not even for the fact it has Sheik over Impa. It's just bad all over to me, sorry.\
I have the same feeling. But of course Shortie is going to defend it with his life, so whats the point of complaining?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The only Fire Emblem characters with a feasible chance IMHO are Marth (lock), Ike (not quite a lock... but he should be), Roy, Krom, and any main character lord.

So basically, currently that is 4 characters.

As much as people like characters like Hector, Lyn, Ephraim, Erika, Leaf, etc., that's probably not happening.

Marth has basically been tenured/got a roster spot for life, Ike might have seniority, Roy may somehow gain seniority, and Krom is the new guy with lots of potential.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I still will bet on Krom above Roy. ANY DAY SON.

And how can you even say MK would have the Roy syndrome? He can KO much better, if only for the priority, gimping and Up B.

And I miss Mewtwo cause he is Mewtwo. Have the feeling that would he have been in Brawl he would've got G&W-like buffs. His big *** shield and long roll dodge would've been great for Brawl to.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I just don't understand why rosters are even worth discussing it at this point. I figured it was a phase that we went through after the reveal.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Nothing else has been revealed. That's why. And we all like to ***** about characters.

NOW GIMME SOME IMPA, BABY!!

Ike? Don't be so sure. Krom seems more likely each and every day. With a confirmed international release and all, and star of the first ACTUAL cross over FE. He also uses lances after promotion (second weapon) which is also sexy. Would love a lance rushing attack a la Ike's Side B. Ike would make an awesome returnee, but he could easily be out prioritized. Marth is also far from JP-only now. As ALL Fire Emblems released after Brawl had Marth in it.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I still will bet on Krom above Roy. ANY DAY SON.

And how can you even say MK would have the Roy syndrome? He can KO much better, if only for the priority, gimping and Up B.

And I miss Mewtwo cause he is Mewtwo. Have the feeling that would he have been in Brawl he would've got G&W-like buffs. His big *** shield and long roll dodge would've been great for Brawl to.

Yeah you don't even know what Roy syndrome is. It's where your moves do such low damage output you can get punished for most of your moves most even if they hit you.

Mk's moves do like 3% a hit (most) because they are so multi-hit. Ever noticed there wasn't much multi-hit attacks in Melee compared to Brawl?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
This thread is just begging for at least one screenshot from the game. Just one, and then we might be able to discuss something else for once.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ n
Because we constantly want to figure out what roster we want, what we can expect, and how we can fix any and all of the current roster we have to make them better and make the game better. Really, if we were to make every current smash bros. character freaking awesome and not be too overpowered or underpowered, that would make us all happy.
I would like to think Marth is the constant JP rep for FE and Ike is the constant US rep for FE.
I like to see Marth as the series' iconic character, premier(e) Lord, and unofficial mascot, and Ike as the series' ultimate BAMF Lord!

Plus, again, they are the only 2 Lords/characters to essentially be the main character in 2 Fire Emblem games. Everyone else in the Fire Emblem series either is a supporting character or was the main character in just one game/part of a Fire Emblem game.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hector > Ike in BAMF status. Don't try to deny.

@Iblis: Peach's Down Smash.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I like to see Marth as the series' iconic character, premier(e) Lord, and unofficial mascot, and Ike as the series' ultimate BAMF Lord!
This goes for Diddy too; Yeah I understand Marth as the iconic character but he kicked started FE in Japan, Ike kicked started FE here (outside of Melee). That's all. That's how I picture their rep.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Diddy
Ike > Hector, because Ike's headband is more epic than Hector's beard, Ike's golden sword is more epic than Hector's axe, and Hector dies while Ike fights for his friends. :smirk:

@ Iblis
I guess that makes sense, since the previous 2 Fire Emblem games released internationally featured multiple main characters.

Although that would make Ike an "international" Fire Emblem character, not just an America one.

ChaosSoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaosSoul
3DS FC
2148-8364-1572
That depends, do you also want "hell" and "no" smashed in your face too?
No i just want to use chaos control to teleport behind you and geno whirl your arse besides its not like i am asking for master chief like all of those halo noobs no ofense to them it just that it dosent make sense

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Hector > Ike in BAMF status. Don't try to deny.

@Iblis: Peach's Down Smash.

Now does any of Metaknight's moves have those mechanics? Also it wasn't like people were running around letting people charge their Dsmash so could one be stupid enough for that to happen, two take a whole 70%.

Not really. Lyn / Hector / Eliwood did that.

@ Iblis
I guess that makes sense, since the previous 2 Fire Emblem games released internationally featured multiple main characters.
John's quote explains my reasoning.

@John: Most of Ike's popularity relies here in the West does it not.

@Choas: As much as I love Shadow. No.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ike runs of the continent having gay sex with either a half chick (with a ****) or a half human half blue cat. AT LEAST HECTOR KEPT HIS HONOR! He died fighting for his countryfriends. :c

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
This ain't about the meta game. Right now, its about the Meta Knight. :smirk:

No body has MK's dynamics in Melee. So we can't compare. Then again, nobody has the same dynamics as him in Brawl either

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If we disqualify all the non-sole main character Lords and all other characters from Fire Emblem as playable character candidates for Smash Bros., the character pool is a lot smaller, and a lot easier to choose from. Plus, those are the characters most of the casual and serious fans of Fire Emblem can most easily identify with themselves. Which, again, cuts the character pool to like 4-6 Fire Emblem characters.

@ Iblis
The "West" includes Europe.

@ Diddy
You just mad Hector died fighting for his country while Ike lives for and by fighting for his friend. Also, Roy lived by fighting for hope! :grin:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Iblis was right about Ike though. However, because of how ****ing bad *** Hector and Ephraim where, I often like to forgery about Eliwood, Eirika (only once took her route lol. Fyi: the story is inferior to) and to a lesser extent: Lyn.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@ Iblis
The "West" includes Europe.
This makes me want to call up CashChu so he can tell me the specifics of smaller regions. I'm sorry though, it does.

No body has MK's dynamics in Melee. So we can't compare. Then again, nobody has the same dynamics as him in Brawl either

Doesn't change his hit-by-hit percentage output.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well Iblis, to be fair, Ike looks pretty European (minus the blue hair).

If you transferred Brawl Meta Knight over to Melee, he would be kinda like Ness. Weak in terms of damage, few combos, and would be easy to counter/punish with good timing, crouch-cancelling, and even if certain moves hit. Because literally without the Brawl level of stun, Meta Knight would be waiting to get countered by a knee, sex kick, strong fAir, etc.

ChaosSoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaosSoul
3DS FC
2148-8364-1572
Talking about mechanics can help make inferences to what the next smash can have.

Look, speculation.
Never thought lf it that way but how about a new typenof move for the new controler like you have to draw out a shape on the controller to do a 5th special move or something

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Never thought lf it that way but how about a new typenof move for the new controler like you have to draw out a shape on the controller to do a 5th special move or something
Maybe those could be used with the new buttons we are getting with the Wii U Pro controller.

Well Iblis, to be fair, Ike looks pretty European (minus the blue hair).

If you transferred Brawl Meta Knight over to Melee, he would be kinda like Ness. Weak in terms of damage, few combos, and would be easy to counter/punish with good timing, crouch-cancelling, and even if certain moves hit. Because literally without the Brawl level of stun, Meta Knight would be waiting to get countered by a knee, sex kick, strong fAir, etc.
My point exactly, talking about metaknight. Also a lot of Americans look European. Unless you mean natives and all the others cultures that were dragged here or came here on their own free will.

But what does his looks have do with him being popular in one area?

I think 3 should be the limit when it comes to Fire Emblem characters. Marth, Roy or Ike, and Krom.
I'm looking forward to the reps 4 or 3, doesn't matter.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You know, drop this MK subject please. :/ I just won't agree with you to.

Marth, Krom, Ike will probably be the order. Would like Roy Hector as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom