• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Yes, lets talk about Pit instead. Considering that he's the most powerful Nintendo character and all that, I wouldn't be surprised if Pit becomes amazing in the next game. Especially if his final smash is Floor Ice Cream.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Nah, that should be Mewtwo. I really want him to be God-tier in this game

:phone:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Yes, lets talk about Pit instead. Considering that he's the most powerful Nintendo character and all that, I wouldn't be surprised if Pit becomes amazing in the next game. Especially if his final smash is Floor Ice Cream.
I wouldn't be surprised if he got some moves changed. He was kinda lacking. Two reflectors moves? Why? They filled KI:U with mad weapons, maybe those could flip into his specials. He kinda has the FE problems where they have weapons you can choose from but which one do you want to use, as the standard, to be represented in Smash.

John, get on skype.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I'm having Deja Vu Habanero

I was just looking at a post of mine where I was describing a Spammy-esque Pit.

Layman's terms?! ---> I like where this is going.

ChaosSoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaosSoul
3DS FC
2148-8364-1572
In layman's terms lots of wepons turn pit into link type characteristically

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471

ChaosSoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaosSoul
3DS FC
2148-8364-1572
Actualy i would like to se some of marios moves from galaxy in it like replase the cape with iceor somethin

ChaosSoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaosSoul
3DS FC
2148-8364-1572
As long as they keep everone in this time because it was hard to ajust from young link to meta knigut

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I think some of Pit's mechanics would change.

His gameplay would be more focused on aerial combat instead of defensive, and most of his moves receive minor power and range buffs. He is also more maneuverable in the air, but slightly slower on the ground.

Arrow of Light would function more like Kid Icarus: Uprising, where you can utilize rapid fire or wait and fire a charged shot. Has moderate homing abilities.

Wings of Pegasus (renamed Power of Flight) doesn't leave you in a helpless state, and it has more tight controls.

Angel Ring replaced by Angelic Missile, where Pit slams into the opponent with a powerful thrust that can neutralize some attacks.

ChaosSoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaosSoul
3DS FC
2148-8364-1572
Wow the brawl backroom is discusing pit too right now on the tire list threadl
But anyway lets talk about 3rd party characters
Personaly i think we sould ad mabey 2 or 3 more so we can stick to the core nintendo lovers but also have diversity mabey someone like megaman or spyro

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I think some of Pit's mechanics would change.

His gameplay would be more focused on aerial combat instead of defensive, and most of his moves receive minor power and range buffs. He is also more maneuverable in the air, but slightly slower on the ground.

Arrow of Light would function more like Kid Icarus: Uprising, where you can utilize rapid fire or wait and fire a charged shot. Has moderate homing abilities.

Wings of Pegasus (renamed Power of Flight) doesn't leave you in a helpless state, and it has more tight controls.

Angel Ring replaced by Angelic Missile, where Pit slams into the opponent with a powerful thrust that can neutralize some attacks.
Would Angelic Missle work as a good shield eater? Sounds like it haha.

I'm expecting Arrow of Light to do a lot less damage if it's going to be rapid fire and of course the charged shots will do more. I can see where you are going with this, he'll probably be able to move around while charging like he does in KI:U.

His jumps would have to be lowered if he is going to have better air mobility horizontally, high jumps and Wario-like air stats would be BROKE.

Range buffs? From what exactly?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Are you butthurt?
I am confused.

Says cool kids want to do nothing to do with Mii, even though they're generally accepted among those who know what they're talking about.

I wonder what it is you're trying to say.

You're not a cool kid? You don't know what you're talking about?

You've kind of lost either way.

I did this.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I come back only to find this place is still a mess. Seriously, this is petty even by this thread's standards.

In the spirit of trying to remain on topic, what would everyone think of Mario stage representation breaking down like this?

Super Mario Galaxy - Starship Mario
New Super Mario Bros - Bowser's Castle
Mario Kart/Sports - Rainbow Road
Paper Mario/RPG - Toad Town

Super Mario - Mushroomy Kingdom

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Is this the same one you're banking on in Toise's little competition?
It would be a good one to bank on, probably. Though there are three cuts and no third-parties. But the one I had a Toise wager on is different. I don't remember it though.

The idea here was to beef up the existing franchises with the most popularly requested characters, bringing in a few new series like Punch-Out!!, Wii Series, and Xenoblade.

I hope someone says I suck at organization so that I can tell them to look harder.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Gtfo of this tread if your gona be mean
Where is this tread and how do I get the **** out of it

Star, I'd wait on formulating a Paper Mario stage until the new one comes out.
Interesting also how different this new Paper Mario is, the way different jump, hammer, etc. attacks are shown. PM becomes even more of an awesome SSB4 character by the minute. :smirk:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Would Angelic Missle work as a good shield eater? Sounds like it haha.
Basically Angelic Missile would be useful for landing a moderately powerful hit that ignores the effects of moves, but I can see it breaking shields too. I think the problem would be is that it will have some lag before and after executing the move.

His jumps would have to be lowered if he is going to have better air mobility horizontally, high jumps and Wario-like air stats would be BROKE.
No, I don't think Pit will have the same horizontal movement as Wario. Just a tad faster in the air to emphasis his more aerial based gameplay. Although I could see his multiple jumps nerfed a tad.

Range buffs? From what exactly?
His standard attacks. Nothing major, just slightly (key word slightly) larger hitboxes.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Star, I'd wait on formulating a Paper Mario stage until the new one comes out.
Interesting also how different this new Paper Mario is, the way different jump, hammer, etc. attacks are shown. PM becomes even more of an awesome SSB4 character by the minute. :smirk:
Actually I already had one done, but I'm starting to think my original idea was best, which is Toad Town. We've had four Paper Mario games now, and only one time has the stage motif played a part of that game. Toad Town is going to be the main town in Paper Mario 3DS (as it was in the first game), so in my mind it makes sense to go with that.

I think having the stages I listed would adequately represent the wide swath of popular mainline and spin off Mario series since Brawl.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Basically Angelic Missile would be useful for landing a moderately powerful hit that ignores the effects of moves, but I can see it breaking shields too. I think the problem would be is that it has some
Ahhh so it's a high priority projectile? Laser-like hitbox, can't clash with anything. I caught your edit. XD

No, I don't think Pit will have the same horizontal movement as Wario. Just a tad faster in the air to emphasis his more aerial based gameplay.
I was just being funny, but sure a bit more horizontal movement would good. For a person with wings he his movement in the air didn't feel right.

His standard attacks. Nothing major, just slightly (key word slightly) larger hitboxes.
I understand this, are you asking for a disjoint or that they just make his weapon a smidge bigger this time around?

P.S. You need to post more, I can get into these types of conversations.

@Oasis: I don't understand the organization...

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
i wish the next smash bros had more characters...

how many characters do you think there will be? At least 50, probably 60. MAYBE 70 if we're lucky. 100 would be cool though it won't happen LOL

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
and now for some oogleing and daydreaming, a graphical comparison of the Wii-U port of Arkham city.

[COLLAPSE="PS3 vs Wii-U"]
[/COLLAPSE]

now we can use this as a guage of what SSB4 stages could look like.

@SSBro: MK ban ended a few months back with the death of the URC.

plus if he's nerfed, he should be fine. if not....

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Let's ask 20 Q's!

Metaknight is not even banned anymore. The URC was disbanded a while ago, not only that but they didn't have the end all ruling. Metaknight was going to still be legal at some major tournaments, long as it wasn't under a URC tournament organizer.

It doesn't even apply to you if you don't go tournaments or play strictly wifi, and I'm guessing this is the case or you just haven't played Smash competitively in the last 3 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom