• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/11/the-origins-of-pikmin-3

Pikmin 3 is going to have co-op multiplayer, and is more strategy based like the first one, as opposed to pure exploration in the second. No online co-op mode.
I'm not buying this game until it gets a price cut or online multiplayer is added. Will Nintendo learn that not super laggy online multiplayer became a standard 6 years ago=???
And Ness beats everyone in 64
Nope. He's like 3rd or 4th lowest on the smash 64 tiers because his offense is easy to predict, his recovery can be easy to gimp, and he can be easy to juggle. Actually, come to think of it, Ness is pretty easy to juggle and combo in every smash game! :laugh: Seriously though, that needs to change. :glare: I want Ness to kick *** and take names! :ness:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hoohoo, I just got Pikmin NPC few days ago. Quite strategic game that is. Gotta always plot out before heading off for another day so you at least get ONE part. (-l~l-);

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I decided to set up a main menu concept, just as a way to pass the time.

[collapse=Main Menu]Main Menu
*Solo Mode
*Group Mode
*Vault
*Options
*Data

Solo Mode
*Classic Mode
*Adventure Mode
**New Game
**Continue
***File 1
***File 2
***File 3
*All-Star Mode
*Event Match
**Solo Event
**Co-op Event
*Stadium
**Target Smash
**Platform Jump
**Home-Run Contest
**Multi-Man Battle
***10-Man
***100-Man
***3-Minute
***15-Minute
***Endless
***Cruel
**The Arena
*Training

Group Mode
*Standard Mode
*Special Mode
*Tourney
*Rotation
*Names
*Rules

Vault
*Cinemas
**General
**Classic Mode Endings
**Adventure Mode
**All-Star Mode Endings
*Trophies & Stickers
**Trophy Gallery
**Trophy Hoard
**Sticker Album
**Sticker Center
**Coin Launcher
*Stage Builder
*Album
*Checklist
*Replay Data
*Chronicle

Options
*Screen Resolution
*Rumble
*Deflicker
*Controls
*Sound Balance
*My Music
*Erase Data
**Solo Mode
***Classic Mode Records
***Adventure Mode Game Data
***All-Star Mode Records
***Event Match Records
***Stadium Records
****Target Smash
****Platform Jump
****Home-Run Contest
****Multi-Man Battle
****The Arena
****Erase All
***Training Records
***Erase All
**Group Mode Records
**Vault Data
***Cinemas
***Trophies
***Stickers
***Checklist
***Erase All
**Erase All

Data
*Solo Mode Records
**Classic Mode
**All-Star Mode
**Target Smash
**Platform Jump
**Home-Run Contest
**Multi-Man Battle
***10-Man
***100-Man
***3-Minute
***15-Minute
***Endless
***Cruel
**The Arena
**Training
*Group Mode Records
*Misc. Records
*Sound Test
*Notices[/collapse]

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You may remember me suggesting this, but I'd like to see more of the plasma whip being emphasized. I'd like it where she has a weapon switch. The plasma whip being out gives her more of a mid-range game while it being out gives her a fighting style very reminiscent of Jill's in MvC3.
You mean like having a move where she switches between weapons=??? (perhaps that could be a new L1 attack just for a few characters like Zero Suit Samus)

Also, would anyone think it would be cool if L1 became a move for transformation characters=??? Like Sheik's and Zelda's transform became L1, they both got new down B's, and the Pokémon Trainer could use L1 to switch Pokémon, and each Pokémon got their own down B=??? (I'm not sure if I'd like that, but I thought it was worth throwing out there)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
A fifth player controlling the stages hazards via the Wii U Gamepad? Now that is some guaranteed butt hurt waiting to happen.

I support this idea;
I did make a couple stage concepts involving this matter. They were Rotohex and ExciteBots, if I recall correctly.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ganondorf was viewed that way? Interesting. Well, I'm getting a replacement power cord for my Gamecube, so soon I won't be clueless when it comes to Melee in discussions.. It's been too long Melee! :embarrass:
Yeah, I don't think Ganondorf is that great, and he's my 3rd best character (I only use him, Fox, and Captain Falcon).

I just think Samus and Mario are better and more deep characters at the highest level of play in Melee. The Mario meta-game is underdeveloped in Melee because more people play Doc, and almost all of the best Mario players eventually all switch to Doc to win tournaments (Doc is basically just a better Mario).

Samus is kinda a weird character that can be hard to get a full grasp of (kinda like the Ice Climbers), so naturally less players play her. But if you look at HugS (get player, great smash bro) and how he, Wes, and a few other Samus players have been consistently good and playing at a high level, and you compare it to the best of the best Ganondorf players, I just think they are able to play at a higher level.

Despite Samus being somewhat limited in terms of moves, she has a few great moves with great priority, whereas Ganondorf just has a ton of fairly good moves with good priority. That and Ganondorf's moves are a tad slow. At the top level of play (which I am not anywhere near), it is much easier to counter Ganondorf than Samus.

Honestly, if Smash Bros. Wii U and/or 3DS has this kind of deep gameplay, I would expect to argue this kind of stuff with either/both of those games! :laugh:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You mean like having a move where she switches between weapons=??? (perhaps that could be a new L1 attack just for a few characters like Zero Suit Samus)

Also, would anyone think it would be cool if L1 became a move for transformation characters=??? Like Sheik's and Zelda's transform became L1, they both got new down B's, and the Pokémon Trainer could use L1 to switch Pokémon, and each Pokémon got their own down B=??? (I'm not sure if I'd like that, but I thought it was worth throwing out there)
Not quite what I had in mind, but yes. I was thinking more of making the weapon switch her down B and her current down B becomes her melee (we'll call it Gun) mode becomes her Up B in gun mode.

And don't forget that this game can't exceed six buttons because of the 3DS version.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
After watching the 1st half of that 1st Brawl match between Ocean and M2K, M2K looked off/on cruise control. Maybe he was out of synch, underestimating his opponent, or had anxiety. You could tell he was off. I saw a video of him vs. Dr. PP in Melee from a tournament like 2 weeks ago. It's better to blow that than Genesis, because I'll be at Genesis! :laugh:
[COLLAPSE="Don't click here unless you want to destroy my secret!:"]
[/COLLAPSE]I almost forgot how cool I am. Look at that. Six is so Strong.
Shh... I was keeping me catching up to Star, Metal, and shortie a secret... :awesome: No way I'm catching you Oasis, I am too Smart to do that. :shades:

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord

I've been trying to think of new ways to style the character select screen. Does anyone have anything more creative than the usual square?
A smash logo,but making each characters in their series is going to be hard.
If the roster is to big,some squares with names for each series,ex:square with "mario series" written on it,click it,all the mario roster appear.

and

A fifth player controlling the stages hazards via the Wii U Gamepad? Now that is some guaranteed butt hurt waiting to happen.

I support this idea;

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Not quite what I had in mind, but yes.
I knew you were thinking of making that her down B. I just thought I would expand upon it by adding a new, unforeseen wrinkle to your idea. :smirk:
I was thinking more of making the weapon switch her down B and her current down B becomes her melee (we'll call it Gun) mode becomes her Up B in gun mode.
I knew you were thinking of making that her down B. I can't remember what her down B is right now, actually! :laugh: It was that jump thing, right=??? :confused:
And don't forget that this game can't exceed six buttons because of the 3DS version.
Select button. :p That or make one of the shield buttons do this command (L or R), if such a thing happens.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
@John: That jump thing makes me think of Toad's deke in Mario Strikers Charged.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ mypantsareon :smirk: :grin: :cool:

That is such a random move! :laugh:

I still don't get why they didn't just go "eh, we'll give her two extra jumps." :ohwell:

@ Poppy the Smashville Balloon Popping Professor

LOL! Great reference! That is strangely so true! :chuckle:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I knew you were thinking of making that her down B. I just thought I would expand upon it by adding a new, unforeseen wrinkle to your idea. :smirk:
Wrinkle? Looks like I need to start moisturizing.

I knew you were thinking of making that her down B. I can't remember what her down B is right now, actually! :laugh: It was that jump thing, right=??? :confused:
Yeah, it's that flip. I also had in mind for an arrow kick in her Gun Mode as a side B, as a reference to the shine spark.

Select button. :p That or make one of the shield buttons do this command (L or R), if such a thing happens.
I'd like it to be where it's within an ergonomic reach.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Wrinkle? Looks like I need to start moisturizing.
Well I guess you don't want to age with beauty. You want to look young you rebel you! :ness:
Yeah, it's that flip. I also had in mind for an arrow kick in her Gun Mode as a side B, as a reference to the shine spark.
...Arrow Kick=???
I'd like it to be where it's within an ergonomic reach.
Isn't it right below the control pad=??? Or the A/B/X/Y buttons=??? No really, if that doesn't work, it could be a control pad input, if that isn't used for something other than taunts.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well I guess you don't want to age with beauty. You want to look young you rebel you! :ness
Well, I could if I want to. I take after my grandmother's side of the family and they've aged gracefully.

...Arrow Kick=???
Whoops, forgot to explain that one. You know those flying kicks you see in kung-fu movies? That.

Isn't it right below the control pad=??? Or the A/B/X/Y buttons=??? No really, if that doesn't work, it could be a control pad input, if that isn't used for something other than taunts.
I could see it as an exclusive fourth taunt that can be canceled into. Just imagine the combos with switching in and out of weapons.

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm sure that most of us thought of stage hazard and items dropping panel on 5th controller for someone who would got eliminated. (being specific last place player)

I support that but that would lead me to one technical issues. If they go with 5 players, then it wouldn't work because people would have to swap the controller between last place and GamePad controller. I seriously doubt that we would get 5 players battle tho, so I'm fine with 4 players as usual. It would be interesting if it happens tho.

I think they should revamp Luigi to honor Luigi's Mansion series, and change his logo to the logo that was shown at NintendoLand. Also they should remove few luigication characters, and revamp one or two luigication characters, such as Wolf and Lucas. I know Lucas have a lot of potential with his final smash and few moves but they took cheap way out. Same for Wolf, he should able to drive in Wolfen, not a tank.

It would be safe guess that we are getting 42-49 characeter slots. I highly prefer to see 49 character slots and 1 random, but I will have low exception from SSB4 this time due to interview from Nintendo Power. It sound like they are going to change it to make a impact on the community. It's possible that they might try to make it more newbie friendly, since they don't want catering the hardcore. Unless they decided to give all characters 4 more moves with one new button or something.

Honestly, I think that they still have plenty characters to pick for next two sequels, (SSB4 and SSB%.) Afterward, I would see that they might have issues to pick better characters unless they create new IP by then. Takamaru, Little Mac, Golden Sun, Animal Crossing, Bowser Jr, King K. Rool, etc.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well, I could if I want to. I take after my grandmother's side of the family and they've aged gracefully.
I'm glad I take after my grandfather on my dad's side and not my mom's side. I would rather never go bald and not grey until my 60's than go bald at 17 and gray in my 30's! :laugh:
Whoops, forgot to explain that one. You know those flying kicks you see in kung-fu movies? That.
Okay... yeah, that would be funny. Kinda like an extended sex kick! :awesome:
I could see it as an exclusive fourth taunt that can be canceled into. Just imagine the combos with switching in and out of weapons.
That's how I kinda see it possibly (maybe give Samus a similar thing to where she can strip her suit). Also, while we're at it, 4th taunts need to happen. Give Captain Falcon DEM "YEAAAHHHHH!!!" vibrate, Pikachu that cute Pichu roll, Marth or Ike something similar to Roy's taunt (if he doesn't return), Toon Link DAT MILK, and Mario DEM PILLZS!!!

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
Also I would like to mention that I would like to see Roy returning with new moveset.

[COLLAPSE="Roy Art"]
[/COLLAPSE]
I think he should have couple of moves that would base on a shield on his shoulder. For example, he should able to have counter pose that would allow him shift his shoulder to block the opponent. Also, he should have shoulder-shield ram, (like Wario's Shoulder Ram, but better.)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That's funny... I always pop those balloons. :chuckle:
If you don't enjoy popping the balloons on Smashville, your soul belongs to the devil. FACT!!!

By the way, if Smashville isn't in Smash Wii U and/or Smash 3DS, part of me will be dead inside. I FREAKING LOVE THAT STAGE!!!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
No problem bro.

As for Roy, I would like to see him return with moves based off his appearance in his game (Fire Emblem 6).

I imagine him fighting with a lot of stabs and lunges that come out quick, although quite a few of these moves would have noticeable after-lag.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
DOSE BOOTZ. He better get a cool kicking move if he gets added into Smash4.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
If Roy comes back, don't expect any dramatic changes in his moveset. There will be changes, but nothing that is going to make him unfamiliar to his Melee incarnation.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ shortie
Surprisingly, that actually kinda fits Roy.

@ Star
I would expect about as many changes as say Falco got from Melee to Brawl. While he would get a different moveset, his play style wouldn't be that far off. However, I would expect to see more of a dramatic change of moveset, seeing as how Roy sucked in Melee (and was literally a weaker Marth at everything).

@ Triple Dash
Tis' a week old news... which means you missed my reaction of posting the video link to Hallelujah. But now, it is for nothing!!!

That news... ergh! Just kill 'em already Nintendo! Friends codes are BALLS!!! Friends codes is why Nintendo fails.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The new Friend Code system sounds fine. They could have called it a different name and no one would have noticed or cared.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
<<< I thought that was fitting... and funny! :grin:
Just call it a "Friend's List." The name "Friend's Codes" has a negative connotation. It references the dark days of the Wii, and how the Wii had crap for online multiplayer and multiplayer library. Literally every console, system, and interface has "friend's lists" nowadays, including this freaking site! Man, for as much as Nintendo pushes technology forward, they sure do know how to stay in the stone age. It's like they got a 2020 Mustang but have octagon tires for it! :laugh:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
How do you feel about these placements/design?

Starting

[COLLAPSE="Ending"]
[/COLLAPSE]​

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Honestly shortie, I think having two "empty spots" on the sides is fine.

Having empty spots all around makes the character select screen feel more like Marvel vs. Capcom, Street Fighter, or King of Fighter, you know what I mean=???

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Just a concept thing I thought of based on this talk of rosters, but what if you could arrange and organize the roster in any way you desire via the Wii U Gamepad?

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Has anyone out there posted a reasonable or well thought out moveset for Prince Sable? If so, can I plz get a link?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think someone did just the Specials for him, but I don't think there's been more than that.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Just a concept thing I thought of based on this talk of rosters, but what if you could arrange and organize the roster in any way you desire via the Wii U Gamepad?
I really like this idea. Personalization, people can't hate that...or they hate themselves.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I would dare to say that Marth's moveset is one of the best in a fighting game ever. Like, no joke. Sakurai has ZERO bad moves in that moveset, and all kinds of versatility.

As for Mr. Game and Watch's moveset, if all of his specials that weren't his up B didn't suck. Other than that, I love watching Game and Watch play in Melee, Brawl, and Project M.
Marth? You mean Meta Knight. Marth's moveset already sucks, check Roy ;)

Did I told y'all already how ****ing bad I miss Mewtwo??

Yo automatic, I like playing Mario to (in Melee, that's it). So you're not the only one. :p

@Shorty: I really dislike that roster. And not even for the fact it has Sheik over Impa. It's just bad all over to me, sorry.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom