• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Now we can use this as a guage of what SSB4 stages could look like.
Sin and Punishment stage in HD would be eye candy.

Speaking of which, I was over at NeoGAF and saw a thread asking which Wii game people wanted to see a sequel for on the Wii U. A lot of people threw out Xenoblade and Sin and Punishment. Both of those games have amazing graphics and would make for phenomenal stages.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It looks like the Wii U version can render better what you're ACTUALLY FOCUSED ON, but if you look at the foreground and background, it seems less detailed. Though I don't understand how and why that would be.

STAR. Would you recommend Sin & Punishment 2 for a rental to play co-op with my friends for a night.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Ahhh so it's a high priority projectile? Laser-like hitbox, can't clash with anything. I caught your edit. XD
Actually, Angelic Missile is a tackle of sorts based on the power of the same name from Kid Icarus: Uprising. Basically when activated, your character would leap out at high speeds like a rocket. It had high knockback, but low power.

I understand this, are you asking for a disjoint or that they just make his weapon a smidge bigger this time around?
The weapon would be bigger hit box wise. I don't think disjointed hitboxes similar to Snake are necessary.

P.S. You need to post more, I can get into these types of conversations.
Unfortunatly, my internet is kind of crap at the moment. Due to moving out of my previous house, I have to stick with this sluggish broadband thing until I get my cable back. So don't expect a lot of postings from me at the moment.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
But what does his looks have do with him being popular in one area?
Nothing, it's just Ike looks like a Central/Easter European, while Marth looks Japanese. It doesn't necessarily have to do with something, but it is something I noticed... :bee:
John, get on skype.
Lent my mic to my brother yesterday, so I don't have a mic, lol!

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
STAR. Would you recommend Sin & Punishment 2 for a rental to play co-op with my friends for a night.
I'll do better than that, I'd say buy it if you can. I got a new copy at Gamestop for $20. I guarantee you it is one of the best titles on the Wii U, period.

@Star No returning Delfino Plaza? ;_;
Sorry, two stages in one is kind of a good deal, especially when they are iconic locations.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
It looks like the Wii U version can render better what you're ACTUALLY FOCUSED ON, but if you look at the foreground and background, it seems less detailed. Though I don't understand how and why that would be.
I would disagree. Notice how the tower in the far background is more clearly detailed in the Wii U image than the PS3 image, as well as the vibrancy of the lighting in the background.

[COLLAPSE="PS3 vs Wii-U"]
[/COLLAPSE]
This is one of the better moments with Oasis. ******* knows I'm a sucker for nostalgica...
I think I'm one of few young people on this earth who didn't watch much Lion King at all in my youth. I only found my love for that film two years ago.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Thing is my Wii is borked, and I could only play it if I was visiting with my friends which I plan to do again soon.

I guess I could buy it and just WAIT until I get a Wii U... :I

I also think playing the original S&P on the Wii U will be more enjoyable since I believe I've been playing it with some LAG due to using an HDTV.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Actually, Angelic Missile is a tackle of sorts based on the power of the same name from Kid Icarus: Uprising. Basically when activated, your character would leap out at high speeds like a rocket. It had high knockback, but low power.
Ahh, I didn't get to see that shown off in the playthrough I watched. I understand now.

Unfortunatly, my internet is kind of crap at the moment. Due to moving out of my previous house, I have to stick with this sluggish broadband thing until I get my cable back. So don't expect a lot of postings from me at the moment.
Sadface.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Thing is my Wii is borked, and I could only play it if I was visiting with my friends which I plan to do again soon.

I guess I could buy it and just WAIT until I get a Wii U... :I

I also think playing the original S&P on the Wii U will be more enjoyable since I believe I've been playing it with some LAG due to using an HDTV.
Ah I see. Yeah just rent it, not like Star Successor is really going anywhere.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Don't you think Mario could get a couple past stages? I'd like to think it could. As much as I love the classic goodness of Mushroomy Kingdom, Sunshine has a special place in my heart.

Oh, and what about a Luigi's Manson: Dark Moon stage? I think that series could stand to get its own icon (at least for the stage, and any other content besides Luigi), considering it's getting a sequel and a Nintendo Land game.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Don't you think Mario could get a couple past stages? I'd like to think it could. As much as I love the classic goodness of Mushroomy Kingdom, Sunshine has a special place in my heart.

Oh, and what about a Luigi's Manson: Dark Moon stage? I think that series could stand to get its own icon (at least for the stage, and any other content besides Luigi), considering it's getting a sequel and a Nintendo Land game.
As it stands we only have one returning stage per series from the previous game. I'm going with that model right now.

...Honestly I forgot about Dark Moon, although I've gone on record saying that I'm pretty positive we will be getting a new Luigi's Mansion stage (Luigi's Greater Mansion).

The only Mario I want to believe can happen, though I'm confident won't, is Princess Peach's Birthday Cake.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well it does star Luigi, who could blame you.
I think somewhere in my mind I just separated the two. *shrugs*

Super Mario Galaxy - Starship Mario
New Super Mario Bros - Bowser's Castle
Luigi's Mansion - Luigi's Greater Mansion
Mario Kart/Sports - Rainbow Road
Paper Mario/RPG - Toad Town

That list looks solid to me. We had five new Mario stages added in Brawl, so this is not something that would be too shocking.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@pit changes
Iblis how important is arrow camping (I think that's what circling arrows above is called) to a good pit player? Because the new idea completely eliminates it. Besides that IMO the current arrows are better.

Also I'd rather have something like black hole for the new side special. Not only because it's a lot more unique than a move that charges forward but also because it gives pit a reliable escape against characters in his face and it can potentially be a good way to start/continue combos. The downside though is if it can be abused it will make pit an extremely good staller =\.

:phone:

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
The aurum orbitars suck though =P

I dunno iblis I remember them being helpful for mind games and emergency GTFO moves and the pit guide says there's some use to them. But I guess you've come across a few a pit players and would probably know better.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Other than a new Final Smash, I'd bet against Pit getting any other new moves from Uprising. If anything, Palutena (and the rest) would get those weapons.

Just got another stage concept done I'll post it in a sec.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
It's more flashy than anything. If you get hit by that it's a one time gimmick that becomes quickly eliminatable in option covering in mid-level play.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Fight a top skyscrapers in the largest city in the Pokemon series, Castelia City.

Taking inspiration from a few past stages, here you fight a top roof tops, the center building being the Battle Company building. The stage changes from day to night, but being in the big city there's still plenty of lights.

The stage also features cameos through signs that are plasted on building walls both in the background and foreground highlighting places in the city such as Game Freak (4th Wall!!!), Casteliacones, and the Central Park.

Unlike a lot of stages, when you zoom out the camera zooms out quite far in order to give a sense of scale, you can even see locations such as Sky Arrow Bridge, Unity Tower, and the Liberty Garden as well as the busy streets below.

Various flying and roaming Pokemon can be seen in the background such as Pidove, Swanna, and even occationally Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus.

Stage Example:
xxxxxxxxx________xxxxxxxx
xx____xx|xxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxx
x|xxxx|xx|xxxxxxxx|xx____xx
x|xxxx|xx|xxxxxxxx|xx|xxx|x

Stage Name: Castelia City
Stage Icon: Pokeball

Music:
Pokemon Red/Blue - Main Theme
Pokemon Black/White - Wild Pokemon Battle
Pokemon Black/White - Castelia City
Pokemon Black/White - Sky Arrow Bridge
Pokemon Black/White - Nimbasa City
Pokemon Black/White - Route 10
Pokemon Black/White - Team Plasma Battle
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl - Route 210
Pokemon Gold/Silver - Route 26
Pokemon Red/Blue - Route 1 (Brawl)
Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire - Wild Pokemon Battle (Brawl)
Pulseman - Neo Tokyo

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@bread[]
The "=P" should have implied I didn't take it seriously O_o.

I guess that makes sense iblis.

That reminds me of the saffron city stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom