• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
wait... so we have our own themes? huh... i've never noticed that 4th wall before... what happens if i...

WHOA!! I can hear my entrance theme!
Battle theme if I were evil
Chill Theme

as for all these leaks and rumours... they are all fake... except for Eternal Darkness 2... that one's happening.
here's how things are going to play out:
there will be no Smash Bros aside from a logo. retro is making starfox. S.Knights are making ED2. H.A.M.M.E.R will resurface. Versus 13 is being rebranded as FF15.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Guys my vids have been uploaded and i'm bringing them to you all now. Before you critique them, just remember I fell back in to my rolling habits but i'm en route to fix that again so I do know about that. Other stuff feel free to let me know and yahdi yahdi yadda, you know the drill i'm sure. Anyway, i'm too lazy today to give you all the vids individually, so i'll just link you to a post I made on the ness boards that has the links. here y'are!

Ness post with links to videos

Hoots

Can Be Combative
wait... so we have our own themes? huh... i've never noticed that 4th wall before... what happens if i...

WHOA!! I can hear my entrance theme!
Battle theme if I were evil
Chill Theme

as for all these leaks and rumours... they are all fake... except for Eternal Darkness 2... that one's happening.
here's how things are going to play out:
there will be no Smash Bros aside from a logo. retro is making starfox. S.Knights are making ED2. H.A.M.M.E.R will resurface. Versus 13 is being rebranded as FF15.
But... whyyyyyy! I want SOME kind of Smash news!!!! I can't handle waiting an entire ****ing year to learn about a SINGLE confirmed newcomer. Jesus Christ.

:phone:

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
oh, you knew it was gonna go down like this... 4 more days... ~96 hours remaining...

JPW

Smash Ace
I reckon Sakurai will probably announce a dojo date and go from there.

Also i believe it is in Nintendo's best interest to get Smash out in the first year. As in i'm expecting a mid 2013 release date. Christmas 2013 could be cutting it a bit late.

If there's no smash they will need something big to fill the void or else it'll be looking like 3DS all over again.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
oh, you knew it was gonna go down like this... 4 more days... ~96 hours remaining...
The closer we get, the more time seems to slow down, lol.

I actually hadn't heard about the Project HAMMER rumor. I doubt it's true, but I would love it if it was. I don't know why I wanted it so much, it really didn't seem that special, but I was strangely very upset when it got canceled. The rumor doesn't seem especially credible though.

And if Smash 4 doesn't show up at E3 (which isn't looking very likely), I'm betting we'll still get some sort of trailer this year, most likely at the Fall Media Summit.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Also i believe it is in Nintendo's best interest to get Smash out in the first year. As in i'm expecting a mid 2013 release date. Christmas 2013 could be cutting it a bit late.
Uh... no. The game has only been in development maybe 5 months, and has had maybe a 3 month super serious development period. If you add a year to that, you probably get a game that has less features and playable characters than Melee. Nobody wants just that; we want more than ever before!
If there's no smash they will need something big to fill the void or else it'll be looking like 3DS all over again.
Smash isn't the only A-tier IP Nintendo could release in the 1st year. Super Mario, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong Country, the Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, Pokémon Animal Crossing, etc. could all very well have titles on the Wii U in year one. Also, lesser franchises like the Yoshi, Star Fox, MOTHER, and Fire Emblem could have titles released before Smash 4/5.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I reckon Sakurai will probably announce a dojo date and go from there.
I very much doubt we will get a constantly updating DOJO before we get a trailer.

And I think a 2013 release date is setting yourself up for disappointment. Mid 2013 would only give a little more than a year of development; I think the "hazardously" rushed Melee even had more time than that. Keep in mind the game is being developed on two systems, and Sakurai has stated it is still a while off. I don't expect a release date earlier than Q3/Q4 2014.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If we get a dojo, don't expect much for about a year. Actually, I doubt we'll get one (as in like a constantly updating one) until next year or early 2014.

Also, Project H.A.M.M.E.R. being revived would be awesome. I remember I was so hyped for that game up until about Fall of 2007 (which was 5 years ago!).

If it is revived, and if it does indeed have a game come out, it deserves a trophy or sticker in smash.

/no debate.

D

Deleted member

My theme is Ghost Nappa? :laugh:
Funny that Nappa's my favorite character in DBZA.

"Hi. I'm Nappa. And this is Vegeta. He was a prison-"
"SHUT UP NAPPA!"
"-*****."

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
funny thing about project hammer... there is no evidence... there are no rumours... there haven't been any leaks whatsoever... the only one who believes in this thing happening... is me.

I don't need a lame *** leak to tell me what is or isn't gonna happen (although they do spark something in me)

as for development cycles... most games in the industry are made on a 2 year cycle... games that exceed that are triple A games with very close ties with the publisher to be able to bypass the traditional cycle.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It seems so far away, except to Augusto of course. :p

"SHUT UP NAPPA!"
"-*****."
I won't lie, I'm jealous.

Also didn't Star give everyone themes at one point? Which reminds me that I should work on another "Who we are" list to help pass the time.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
HAMMER Guy could totally be an AT, swinging his hammer around like a bamf.

I remember clinging to the hope it would get revived for the longest time, but now I think it's been permanently canceled. I'd love to be proven wrong.

And wow. 2007 was 5 years ago. It's been 5 years since the DOJO was spewing out daily information and we were wading through all the terrible fake Brawl rosters. I feel old.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Didn't someone at Nintendo of America say it was a possibility that it would be revived=??? :confused:

"SHUT UP NAPPA!"
"-*****."
I'm glad you liked it. I figured it suits you.
Annoying, loud, and funny.
:grin: :lol: :cool: :awesome:

Also, I found a theme song, and it kicks every theme song before it's butt. It is the most epic, incredible, powerful theme song ever. And do you know who I award it to=??? One of the smartest people on here, and a guy I am positive would shoot first. I give it to none other than my boi...

... Triple Dash!!!!!!!
. Here is your theme song.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Eff august. Ironically, I was just thinking of what a perfect theme song him would be, along with Toise's.

But by God, the Vegeta/over 9,000 of posts is here!

All HAIL THY POST COUNT KING!!!!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Didn't someone at Nintendo of America say it was a possibility that it would be revived=??? :confused:
Yeah, I don't think it was actually ever technically 100% canceled. They said it was on hold, but no one really ever started it back up. So I guess the revival wouldn't be totally unprecedented, just unlikely and surprising.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
he's not viewing the thread currently but if you go to the backroom, you will see two new posts...

let me WIKIATTACK, ahem!
Project H.A.M.M.E.R. is a beat 'em up[1] game that Nintendo Software Technology was developing for the Wii.[2] The game was originally announced at E3 2006.[3] No information regarding the game has been released to the public or media since the game's original announcement. Rumors began circulating in mid-June 2007 that the game was not going to be released, and that the development team had gone to work on other games.[4] Nintendo confirmed at E3 2007 that development is currently on hold.[5] Beth Llewelyn, senior director of public relations at Nintendo of America, made a point to note that despite the game not being a focus of Nintendo’s, Project H.A.M.M.E.R. "may come back" in the future.[5] Possibly on Nintendo's upcoming Wii U system.

yani

Smash Lord
Yeah, I don't think it was actually ever technically 100% canceled. They said it was on hold, but no one really ever started it back up. So I guess the revival wouldn't be totally unprecedented, just unlikely and surprising.
Maybe this is what Sakurai wants to revive next. :awesome:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Another moveset: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-/59748201

Yes, this is from GameFaqs, but when serious movesets are involved, they do a pretty good job.

EDIT: And I don't see why there'd be a problem anyway, since Sonic's moveset was pretty uninspired and bland...

EDIT AGAIN: And whether you say it counts or not, Sports Mix nulls the "can't grab items" thing with the hockey stick.
The reason I don't buy into Mario Sports Mix is that they use what the Baseball game did. Goomba would have a bat and somehow would hold it. Sakurai is going to care that the character is holding an item or grabbing a foe. This is why Ivysaur uses the vines so much. Sakurai wont cheap out and make it float there (only Mewtwo can do that). If that's not how it works, please prove me wrong. I haven't seen many videos.

I'll check out the rest though. Thanks for the leak.

The new issue of Nintendo Power hit my newstand early (is supposed to be out on Tuesday), so I read the Sakurai interview in it.

It was mostly on Uprising, but it had 4 Smash related Questions:

1. That he's glad he put Uprising before Smash in priority.
  2. That he's glad several Brawl composers were able to help out with Uprising's music.
  3. The question from the other day.
  4. That he regrets announcing Smash as early as he did as he has nothing to show at the moment and that he fears that he'll upset the fanbase.

Pretty much deconfirms Smash at E3 IMO.
Pretty much means I'll do what I did before. Just don't expect anything. If there is nothing, Nintendo will mention it. It would be a good opportunity to release the poll.

JPW

Smash Ace
why do you have to dis it. (note sarcasm, i am not offended don't take it as i am.))

Besides all these top tier games take time too. You think it's going to take Nintendo a year to pull out a Zelda or a Super Mario card? And if you believe it can then why can't you believe it'll take that much amount of time to pull out a Smash Bros. card?

I still reckon by the end of 2013 we will get Smash. If we are looking at late 2014. Then Nintendo better have something during that time, and it better be damn good.

D

Deleted member

Glad to see Nintendo's E3 is on June 6th, 2012. I'm off that day from work and I don't have to get my braces until 4 PM.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Besides all these top tier games take time too. You think it's going to take Nintendo a year to pull out a Zelda or a Super Mario card? And if you believe it can then why can't you believe it'll take that much amount of time to pull out a Smash Bros. card?
Nintendo's probably been working on the next Mario game for 2-5 years. As for Zelda, probably a similar time table.
I still reckon by the end of 2013 we will get Smash. If we are looking at late 2014. Then Nintendo better have something during that time, and it better be damn good.
So what you are saying is at most it will take Sakurai, a few dozen rookie fighting game developers, a few different loosely connected companies of less than 100 people, and several composers/outside sources less than 2 years to complete 2 smash bros games when all of them took at least 2 1/4th years=???? Unless you want less content, characters, stages, and features than not just Brawl but Melee (aside from if maybe the 3DS one is simply a port), that is downright impossible. Plus, it's not enough time to absolutely secure even the rights to some 2nd party content, let alone 3rd party content.

That's why I think early 2014 is the earliest it will come out. Personally I think the later it comes out on the Wii U, the more stuff we'll get.

JPW

Smash Ace
fine it'll take him 4 years and we wont have one till i'm in some boring old office job trying to juggle a finiancial crisis, girlfriend, an acting career and a gaming addiction.

That's just great.

And on top of that Nintendo new plans for their next console to compete with Sony's PS4 and Xbox's 720

D

Deleted member

@SmashChu: Seems I stand corrected, as I'm playing Sports Mix right now, and I see that Slime doesn't use a hockey stick at all. Rather, it moves while the puck is stuck to it's body.
However, Rocket Slime still has Slimes hold things on the top of their heads like in the deviantart image I posted.
And it can still hold onto basketballs, volleyballs, and dodgeballs by touching them, and enveloping part of them.

I would like to mention though, that Square Enix developed Sports Mix, so even if it had that "nonsensical Goomba telekinesis", it's not like SE would have a problem with that.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

I don't believe it would only take a year for a Wii U Zelda or Mario. Maybe a 2D platformer Mario, but that has a whole hell of a lot less data and content than Smash. Skyward Sword started development in what, 2008? Super Mario Galaxy started in 2004. It obviously takes about 3 years to make a top tier game like Zelda, 3D Mario or Smash. If development started in 2012, a release of 2014 is optimistic at best. Plus Brawl took 3 years, thinking a game that will assumingly have more content and be on two platforms, will only take a third of the time to develop is unrealistic.

But Nintendo will obviously have other games in the mean time. Probably quite a bit, if they really want the Wii U to dominate.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
When it comes to E3 guys, just be sure to check if your body is ready.
fine it'll take him 4 years and we wont have one till i'm in some
boring old office job trying to juggle a finiancial crisis, girlfriend, an acting career and a gaming addiction.
Welcome to adulthood. Hope you enjoy your stay. :bee: ;) :awesome: Really though, we always have Smash 64, Melee, and Brawl (mods) to play! :cool: Project M, Project M, Project M!!!! :shades:
That's just great.
You could use some of Reggie's enthusiasm, you know.
And on top of that Nintendo new plans for their next console to compete with Sony's PS4 and Xbox's 720
Welcome to the business world! :grin:

D

Deleted member

It's June 5th.
Dang, misread the chart Young Horsetail gave. Unfortunately, that means I won't be there as I have work.

Might as well give my tier list of likelihood since N3ON is doing it since my prediction list is still essentially the same:

S Tier: (Near guarantee)
King K. Rool
Mewtwo

A Tier: (Very Likely)
Dixie Kong
Ridley
Palutena
Takamaru
Isaac

B Tier: (Good odds)
Toad
Krystal
6th Gen Pokemon
Samurai Goroh
Roy
Krom
Little Mac
Saki Amamiya

C Tier: (Questionable)
Bowser Jr.
Paper Mario
Medusa
Duck Hunt Dog

D Tier: (Doubting at the moment, but still possible)
Dr. Mario
Waluigi
Mona
Toon Zelda/Sheik
Ghirahim
Bandanna Dee
Pichu
Plusle & Minun
Zoroark
Meloetta
Masked Man
Mach Rider
Diskun
Starfy
Ray MK III
Shulk
Professor Layton
Geno

I fully expect everyone from the S and A-Tier to make it. For the B-tier, I expect that five of those will make it. C-Tier I could easily see one or two get in, but don't feel we're guarantee a C-tier character. As for D-Tier, I would not be surprised if all of them were skipped, but I think a few could happen if Sakurai wants to become somewhat unpredictable. Everyone else I do not feel will get in.

D

Deleted member

I really doubt Ray MK III would even be in the D Tier.
Custom Robo apparently is not worthy of a character like Pikmin or Animal Crossing, and nothing has changed for it since Brawl.
I'd also say Isaac is C Tier at best for that reason, as while it had something new, it doesn't seem likely that it would change Sakurai's mind. It could, which is why I'd put him at C instead of D, though.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Also, the only characters I expect are Mewtwo, Ridley, Mega Man, a new 5th Generation Pokémon, and K. Rool. After that, everything is a little up in the air IMHO. However, I think Dixie Kong is the most likely of the next tier of characters not in Brawl, followed by a huge amount of characters.

Also, I found a song that makes me think of, describes, and accurately describes the interesting piece of humanity we know as
Toise.
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, This will be, from now on to FOREVER, as I DECLARE, OFFICIALLY KNOWN AS, ~THE LOVE THEME OF TOISE!!!~

D

Deleted member

I really doubt Ray MK III would even be in the D Tier.
Custom Robo apparently is not worthy of a character like Pikmin or Animal Crossing, and nothing has changed for it since Brawl.
I'd also say Isaac is C Tier at best for that reason, as while it had something new, it doesn't seem likely that it would change Sakurai's mind. It could, which is why I'd put him at C instead of D, though.
Didn't Sakurai state that he was referring to newer series? Custom Robo came in 1999, before Animal Crossing came into existence.

Also, Noise really wants to make a new Custom Robo game and has heard fan demands for it. Not that it helps his odds since the game hasn't been confirmed, but it does show that there is still interest in the franchise. Link

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If I had added an E Tier (fairly unlikely, but still possible), alot of those D Tier characters would be on it.

Other than that, it breaks my heart, but I would move Isaac down a tier and maybe Takamaru. I might also put Little Mac a little higher. But it's your list, you can totally ignore me.

And once we start getting rumblings of a 6th gen (even without any actual revealed content), I'll definitely replace Zoroark on my tier list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom