• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I kind of hope that Dragonspiral Tower is a stage in the next game, complete with randomly generated variations of terrain and appearance similar to Mushroomy Kingdom (but not side scrolling). Like basically a glorified version of Spear Pillar, with ether Reshiram or Zekrom causing havoc. But with the twist of occasionally Black Kyurem and White Kyurem causing chaos instead. Also music exclusive to the version, similar to Musroomy Kingdom.

Also Gen II is kind of lame in my opinion, mostly because it feels empty and bland.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
y'know... i've always wondered... does dixie kong bleach her ponytail blonde?

i mean really, her fur says she's a brunette.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Does anyone have a link to Sakurai saying there will be fewer newcomers in SSB4 than in Brawl? I've seen the articles where he discusses the difficulty of meshing characters and how he dislikes adding content simply for the sake of volume, but I've yet to see anything about SSB4 blatantly having less content.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
He's never said anything about decreasing the number of newcomers, but I personally think it'll happen. He just said that more of the same wasn't justifying of a sequel. An update though....

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
that's not gum... that's kirby's ***.

and he didn't say "there will be fewer newcomers in SSB4 than in Brawl",
ninja'd

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Here's my 60 character dream roster for all to see with 45% of the characters being unlockable. This will be what imagine for the in-game/main roster of Super Smash Brothers 4. I am making a smaller DLC roster tomorrow and it will be smaller. Go team Rising Sun! :cool:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Metal- Lol, Scizor and Magneton actually are a couple of my favorite Pokemon, my absolute favorites will always be Mewtwo, Lapras and Starmie though <3

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Does anyone have a link to Sakurai saying there will be fewer newcomers in SSB4 than in Brawl? I've seen the articles where he discusses the difficulty of meshing characters and how he dislikes adding content simply for the sake of volume, but I've yet to see anything about SSB4 blatantly having less content.
There was an February, 2008 article that states that there wouldn't be many newcomers. Whenever or not that happens remains to be the case, but I don't think we'll see less than eight newcomers. However, do expect less newcomers than Brawl (which had eighteen).

wildvine47

Smash Ace

Using Roster Maker V3, I've made a 65 character dream roster. There's no way in hell we're going to be getting all of these guys, but good lord I could die a happy man if this was the final roster. Honestly, I feel that all the people on this list DO have a decent chance as well. Not altogether obviously, but individually they all seem to have a good chance.

And just to add to the current discussion, I personally think K. Rool has a MUCH better chance to be added than Dixie does.

I'm also pretty confused as to why people feel that Sonic and Snake are going to be axed. I really don't see it being all that likely. Sonic AT LEAST isn't going anywhere, considering he's still continually present on Nintendo consoles. Snake I really doubt would leave either, especially when it was Kojima who wanted Snake in in the first place. Why would he not want to bring Snake back?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Thanks for the clarification. I do feel there will be fewer newcomers, but only because I don't think we'll be seeing any transformation characters in the game to boost the newcomer count, as Pokemon Trainer and ZSS did in Brawl. Dixie would be the only one that comes to mind, and if she's getting in, you can bet it won't be alongside Diddy.

15 or so newcomers without transformation characters sounds perfectly reasonable and probable

Hoots

Can Be Combative

Using Roster Maker V3, I've made a 65 character dream roster. There's no way in hell we're going to be getting all of these guys, but good lord I could die a happy man if this was the final roster. Honestly, I feel that all the people on this list DO have a decent chance as well. Not altogether obviously, but individually they all seem to have a good chance.

And just to add to the current discussion, I personally think K. Rool has a MUCH better chance to be added than Dixie does.

I'm also pretty confused as to why people feel that Sonic and Snake are going to be axed. I really don't see it being all that likely. Sonic AT LEAST isn't going anywhere, considering he's still continually present on Nintendo consoles. Snake I really doubt would leave either, especially when it was Kojima who wanted Snake in in the first place. Why would he not want to bring Snake back?
Dark Samus AND Adam? Oh, Metroid fans.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Sakurai has flat out said that Smash 4 will have less newcomers than Brawl, and that there is a finite amount of characters that are worthy enough to be playable in Smash Bros. I agree with most of what you said. I think even the Mii series might not get a playable character due to Sakurai's statements regarding Wii Sports after Brawl's release (he listed it as an example of a series that did not have a main character that could be implemented in Smash Bros. alongside Nintendogs, Brain Training, and Animal Crossing).

Many people are going to be disappointed with Smash 4 due to the fact that many of the characters people are supporting are characters that Sakurai probably deems as being not important enough for playable placement. I think Sakurai should get out to de-confirming characters in round about ways (think Assist Trophies and Pokeballs) immediately this time. I also think Sakurai should go in saying that there will be less newcomers this time as well (a statement that he has only stated to the Japanese audiences).

I am still crossing my fingers for a trailer next week.
The thing I have to ask is where did he ever say there would be less newcomers.

Otherwise, I get what your saying. The pool is very much shrinking. Most of the series have very few characters left (only a few series that I can think of that can even get new characters) and there are fewer new series (I can only really get 5 new series, not counting something like Sheriff or something else). I think after this game, the rosters will not grow as fast, which is for the better. They have almost all the Nintendo All-Stars. Of course, I think this one can be a good size (13-16 new characters is not unreasonable).

I will eat my shoe if Mewtwo does not return. That's how confident I am about Mewtwo's retrurn. I think Mewtwo is more likely to return than Lucario is to return, or for Zoroark to be added.
Same here and same for Roy. They have to be the most wanted characters.

There is another possibility. Sakurai could also go back to some of the pre-Brawl character ideas and bolster some of the existing series. Sure, people like this idea of how series should or should not be represented. If, for example, we had both Ridley and Dark Samus, would that really be such a big problem for people? Or what if we had a character liked Masked Man or Bandanna Dee versus having nobody. Not saying anything about the characters themselves but just trying to convey an idea.

Ultimately though I see the pool of characters being very shallow right now.

Shulk
Mii
Krystal
King K. Rool
Dixie Kong
Bowser Jr.
Waluigi
Toad
Palutena
Medusa
Mewtwo
Zoroark
Roy
Krom
Little Mac
Takamaru
Saki Amamiya
Ridley
I'd add others, like those from Warioware, Fire Emblem characters and F-Zero characters. I also say Rhythm Heaven, but not everyone will agree. Otherwise, I agree.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Hey wait, why would Star list Saki if he was doing first-party FELLERS.

Aside from Saki just being one cool dude.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Chu said he was second-party even though that didn't make much sense to me. Since Treasure is third-party and Nintendo is obviously first-party. Would being co-owned really make him meet in the middle of those two as a second-party character? IS THAT HOW THIS WORKS?

I know it was kind of co-created, but I thought it belonged to Nintendo? I mean, they had to ask if they were allowed to make another, didn't they? Or am I framing that the wrong way.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Dark Samus AND Adam? Oh, Metroid fans.

Adam I can understand you having a problem with, considering he's really not all that well liked, but Dark Samus? PLEASE tell me you're not one of those people who think Dark Samus would be a clone. That is EASILY my biggest pet peeve regarding Smash discussion, and if people had actually played Prime 2 and/or 3 recently, they'd see how differently she fights.

Adam I can understand a little bit more, but I feel he's got a decent shot as well. He's a pretty important character to the series, he's got a pretty good amount of moveset potential, and he's pretty recently been important. Ridley and Dark Samus would obviously take importance over him, but I feel like if Metroid were to get a fourth rep, it would be him.

And Oasis, I've played each and every Metroid game and beaten them all. So yes, I'd say I'm a Metroid fan. And I still ended up liking Adam, at least enough to include him.

yani

Smash Lord
Not too sure, I guess it's a similar scenario with TOSE and Starfy. TOSE is independent (if I'm not mistaken) and they co-own Starfy with Ninty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom