• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Dittolicous
Oasis is like a mix of the Joker and the Riddler. Basically, he's our funny sarcastic guy who is probably actually a gerbil inside the belly of a snake who ate him! :bee:

As for Pichu, I just want diverse, interesting, and engaging characters with movesets that make me excited to play them. That idea for Pichu fits all of that.

To continue on what I was saying, I want the characters to make me excited for the game. Not just to buy the game, but 10 years after buying just thinking about it! I know every time I think of say Mario in Smash 64, Fox in Melee, or Toon Link in Brawl (aka all my mains), they make me want to play their games and as them instantly! :laugh:

Dittolicous

Smash Cadet
Horsetail: I understand disagreeing, I was just checkin'. *shrug*

John: Ooooh, I got it. See, I'm just full of derp.

The more engaging the better. And I agree. Super Smash Bros is actually what got me into Earthbound/Mother. I had never even heard of it before hand. Same with Fire Emblem, but I haven't had a chance to really play those.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
John, I wanna just say you feel more like a joker fella than Oasis. And Oaster's strong gerbil, using that snake as a jumping rope or a whip. (But he's a bit softie I can admit)

Ditto: Smash Bros has got us into many things. I can only thank Smash Bros for introducing me to Kirby and Panel De Pon. (-=v=-)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Dittolicious was supposed to apologize and I was going to say that first he ate honey combs in front of me and now he's eating his words in front of me and it was going to be really funny and everyone would have laughed no period

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Smash got me into Mother/EarthBound as well, on top of getting me into Fire Emblem, and making me get really into Zelda and Kid Icarus like never before.

Random side note: Today (well, actually technically yesterday) my brother and I played some Melee. On a particular match on Congo Jungle 64, he was Falco and I was Fox. He had me at the middle of the stage. He grabbed me, threw me up, down air'd me, shined me, down air'd me, and then down air'd after I landed on the ground to spike me. Because he had no jumps left, he fell after the 2nd straight down air without landing. Fell right into the FRREAKING BARREL!!!

It was the greatest combo the two of us had ever had against one another. Except that one time I 0 to death combo'd him on Onett with Fo. Here is how that combo went:
Grab > up throw > up tilt > up tilt > up smash > back air into a wall > grab > back throw into a wall > back air > shine > down tilt into a wall > grab > forward throw into a wall > shine > GET HIT BY A BLACK BUS YOU SMASH HOE!!! :grin:

(this last one was 2 weeks ago by the way)

Dittolicous

Smash Cadet
It's sad how using Batman to explain something makes me get what they mean.

xD I suppose that was cruel of me. If it helps, I think it was stale anyways. And I'm a girl.

John: And THAT is while I love using Star Fox characters.

I think the only thing SSB didn't get me into was Metroid and F-Zero.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I better get back playing Melee again... expect my lil bro took the Wii to cousins' house. Sucks. (-l´l-)*

So what franchises I knew about before Smash Bros 64?

- Mario (Dr.Mario, SMB3 and 2/USA, SM64)

- Zelda (Link's Awakening and OOT)

- DK (I watched the Donkey Kong Country-cartoon when I was young...)

- F-Zero (We owned F-Zero X)

Yeah... rest were unknown. Kirby with his cuteness and flying and copying abilities's what made me his fan pretty quick.

Dittolicous

Smash Cadet
Before... I knew about Pokemon, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Mario, Star Fox, and Kirby. My brother was a gamer, so I generally watched him play games and what not. I actually have a small memory of watching him play Earthbound, but I didn't know what it was at the time.

/Gets some Daim Cappuccino/

BTW, yesterday I played Rhythm Heaven a lot, and dumb idea struck me of seeing Marshal playable.
(-l~l-);
That's the little white dude that sings right? Someone posted a AT for him here (I think) where three of them sing and blast opponents. That was perfect rep for the series in my opinion.

Though I honestly wouldn't mind if one of those little guys was playable, especially if they somehow incorporated rhythm into a weird and random moveset.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
So John, anywhere else in particular you think that should hear this news?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Probably IGN (seeing as how they get e-mail interviews with the man so easily) and the sites/forums of other major video game media company sites.

Maybe GameFAQs for their "fan base" and for their users to know. Plus GameFAQs is owned by GameSpot. Just don't report it on GameFAQs with your actual account. If you do this, use a new one-off (post) account. Because quite frankly, most of the people don't want to hear the truth. They want to believe their self-made lies about everything ever.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I don't even think I have a gamefaqs account.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I keep thinking KillerCRS's avatar is The Cheat which makes him seem untrustworthy.

But it's not The Cheat. What is wrong with my eyes.

I need food.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Regardless, you are gonna be the talk of the GameFAQs Smash Wii U and Smash 3DS boards Killer. You already reached such a status on SWF, Nsider, and now All is Brawl. ;)

Heck, what you somehow got Sakurai to say is gonna be the talk of E3. In a way, that makes you a mini-celebrity! :laugh:

Expect all Geno, Mega Man, and Isaac fans to love you... unless or until one of them gets proven to not be playable! Then fans of those characters may lash out at you! :laugh:

Just a warning about it. I know people did throw some insults out at SamuraiPanda after his long translation thread even after he left GameFAQs, although he didn't care. :cool:

Anyways, I am sleepy. Off to bed for me. I am probably gonna do a video of it later. Then I gotta play some Project M and practice with my bro some Melee for a tourney. Don't any of you be afraid to message me on anything, so long as you don't send me a picture of a bunch of sumos taking a mud bath! :rotfl: Laters.

-A Friend First and Smashers Second-
~His Knightliness Himself~,
-Johnknight1 Watson​

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
a long time ago, i had this theory that Isaac was too powerful, and his god hand push psynergy depicted in brawl proved that to me. so i'd say Geno and Megaman... however... i will not be changing my roster to reflect it... as much as it pains me, my roster is as safe as i can make it. without third party characters. i cannot gamble on who.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I still don't think we're gonna get a trailer, but... this makes me really hopeful that we'll receive SOME kind of Smash news at E3

Mega Man could seriously be in the game along with Isaac as a playable character (he might still be an AT, though, but I hope not). Either way, Sakurai seriously just responded to a fan tweet and we got some actual NEWS. This is what the **** I'm talking about :mistyface:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Horsetail, if Mega Man really is in the game, it's pretty safe to assume that he'll be playable

The wildcard here is Isaac. He could stay as an AT or actually make the upgrade to playable status this time, for all we know

As for Geno... I really don't see why he'd be put into Smash. I could be wrong, though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom