• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Metal: Hmm, I guess so. I doubt this will work again though. Now as there's now two more fellas throwing these sort of questions for him at Twitter, I bet he's gonna shut his mouth from more details. (-=´l-)

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
It does seem odd for Sakurai to even answer such a question like that, assuming he isn't pulling a fast one. I imagine that's why he deleted shortly afterwards, realising that even saying that was too much.

Just a question, did the tweet ask for Isaac or Robin? I imagine Sakurai probably does know that Isaac is the localized name for Robin, but I'm curious nonetheless.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Metal: Hmm, I guess so. I doubt this will work again though. Now as there's now two more fellas throwing these sort of questions for him at Twitter, I bet he's gonna shut his mouth from more details. (-=´l-)
Yeah, I definitely do not see this happening again. Misunderstanding on Sakurai's part or not.

Probably had a little sympathy for the poor Westerner trying to pass off a poorly translated request. lol

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Heck, just make it Xenoblade Chronicles II.
They could, seeing as how the ending went.
Don't watch this if you haven't beaten the game

http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/201...rding-star-fox-metroid-fusion-saga-for-wii-u/

sounds to my like it's a real thing... i mean why else would they not decomfirm it?
Nintendo does this all the time. They basically never say anything.

Well here is the game then kiddies. Let's all make bets on what Retro's new game is going to be. Pick whatever you want. If it be that Star Fox x Metroid abomination, have at it. Metroid Prime 4? Sure. Whatever you think it will be. I've already made my stake.
I'll say it's an open world action game. Good enough for ya Toise.

His account is "@Sora_Sakurai"

Here is a link.

Just copy and paste the format that Killer used in the successful tweet (that Sakurai responded to, and is the center of this whole... "THING") here.

Replace the 3 mentioned characters (Geno, Mega Man, and Isaac) with your 3 characters. Maybe include what franchise they are from. Try to find the character's name in Japanese and their series' name in Japanese if you don't think Sakurai would know their franchise. ;)
Why do you guys have to bug Sakurai with this. Leave the man alone.

Also, not really sure about any of this. It's way to cryptic to make any judgement from. For all we know, he went to the bathroom and left his twitter up while a friend posted that. This happens all the time. I wouldn't lose sleep over this.

It is 10:34pm in Japan right now. X3

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Lukin: I guess there's two different time zones in Japan or whatever.

Anyway, I wish he'd do some kind of poll for characters. It's quite boring that we have ze no clue what characters are even considered by Sakurai- we have most of the fellas we have wanted, but there's gonna be some additions to perfect some franchises.

Smashchu: We already made a joke around that (Sorry about the tweet, someone was using the phone :awesome:)

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Maybe my friend was a little confused because of the sleepiness...

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Horsetail- Yeah, it'll be a while before Sakurai (possibly) slips up like this

And yeah, it does look like we're getting new third parties again. Now, the million dollar question is: are they going to be in the game along with Sonic and Snake?

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Starphoenix said:
Anyways, it is fascinating to hear this. Not sure what compelled Sakurai to post this and remove the tweet thirty minuts later, but something did. Was it a slip of the, er fingers? Or is he becoming a master troll on the level of Ono now? I know there are other people who can verify this as literally happening. I'm still treading with caution, but dang guys I think this is legit. :o

In a way this confirms third party characters are back. Which also could be why he took it down... You all know how people get...
Leaning towards a slip that he accidentally made and assumed others wouldn't know, especially after the poorly translated Japanese.

If this tweet confirms anything (if this is true), like you said, it kind of confirms the return of third-party. And if said tweet is true, I'm seriously tempted to bet a small amount of money on Mega Man getting in because he seems too obvious of a third-party choice to not get in. Beside, I've had a very good feeling on Mega Man for a long while.

I'd ask Sakurai about other popular characters like Mewtwo and King K. Rool, but the chances of that getting a response with poorly translated Japanese is microscopic and he definitely is not slipping like this again.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Luke: So it seems he knows then what Killer meant by Isaac. Who knows. (-l´l-)

SSBF: Keep on that, I also think Blue Bomber has chances, what not being said back by SF's developers about Smash Bros wanting Megaman and M.Bison before Ryu and Sakurai sorta leaving thoughts a Capcom rep being possible.
Isaac being in Smash sounds good too- GS seemingly will get some recognition. /And I bet I'm gonna see Garet in some form. (-=v=-)/

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
They could, seeing as how the ending went.
Don't watch this if you haven't beaten the game
Yeah, I can see how a sequel could work.

Why do you guys have to bug Sakurai with this. Leave the man alone.

Also, not really sure about any of this. It's way to cryptic to make any judgement from. For all we know, he went to the bathroom and left his twitter up while a friend posted that. This happens all the time. I wouldn't lose sleep over this.
Sakurai brought this on himself (which might be a reason he took down his tweet). Of course you don't want it to be true. ;)

Hmm...

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Sakurai brought this on himself (which might be a reason he took down his tweet). Of course you don't want it to be true. ;)

Hmm...
He brought this on himself because he respomded to a tweet? I'm more saying don't bombard him though twitter. Last thing he wants is a bunch of Google Translation messages about their favorite character.

As for him wanting me, it's hard to say since supposedly only 2 of the 3 are right. I'm Ok with those (I don't consider Geno third party). Of course, I don't believe it means what people think it means. Sakurai is WAY to tight lipped about this kind of stuff. Last time we did this, we though Krystal was going to be in Smash up until release.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
The way I see it, this is good for the development process. This has just gave the rest of the world the initiative to get our word out. Instead of just having only japan's choices, he will be aware of what the rest of the world wants and will take it into account. If he gets bombarded by 100s of requests, so what then? Its not like he responds to every tweet anyway. I've asked him multiple questions in the past without a single response.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
He brought this on himself because he responded to a tweet? I'm more saying don't bombard him though twitter. Last thing he wants is a bunch of Google Translation messages about their favorite character.

As for him wanting me, it's hard to say since supposedly only 2 of the 3 are right. I'm Ok with those (I don't consider Geno third party). Of course, I don't believe it means what people think it means. Sakurai is WAY to tight lipped about this kind of stuff. Last time we did this, we though Krystal was going to be in Smash up until release.
Oh c'mon, you and I both know what the Smash fanbase is like. This isn't our first rodeo, nor is it his. All I was trying to say is that with the way the fanbase is you know giving even the slightest tilt of the hand is going to result in a massive knee jerk reaction. Which, if this tweet is legitimate, is probably why he took it down.

The only significant part about the tweet is Megaman and Geno, because if either two are in the game in any kind of capacity that means Sakurai is negotiating with third party companies (whomever initiates them). That in and of itself is surprising. For me that is the more significant news than the characters themselves (which in Isaac's case might just mean he is an AT or sticker).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
*sees Geno/Mega Man/Isaac tweet discussion*

My reaction:

If this is real, I'm betting on Isaac and Mega Man.

Time to ask the same question but swapping out the characters with Muddy Mole, Little Mac, and Starfy. ^_^

Sorry for the outburst, but this replenished my hype. :D

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Yoshi is fine IMHO. And if I recall correctly, isn't his huge 2nd jump supposed to compensate for his lack of a third jump?

And even if not, at least his Up Special helps you get back to the stage. The only reason Jigglypuff's not in the same boat or worse is because it has 5 jumps.
If you want to fix Yoshi, fix his sheild. Then he is fine

Here's the picture of the tweet, I wonder if anyone could decipher the Robin-name from it:

Blah Blah Super Mario RPG do something please blah blah Issac more stuff and rockman. Who wrote this? LOL, he started his sentence with the particle "and" not the conjuction "and"

Brb, dying.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Blah Blah Super Mario RPG do something please blah blah Issac more stuff and rockman. Who wrote this? LOL, he started his sentence with the particle "and" not the conjuction "and"

Brb, dying.
If you don't know Japanese (and I certainly don't), this is machine translated for "Be sure to include Geno from Super Mario RPG, Isaac from Golden Sun and Mega Man."
The quality of his translation is not what is controversial. I still have a heavy dose of salt with me, but in his defense from the start he let it be known this was machine generated. Even before Sakurai supposedly responded.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hey Iblis, does Sakurai's response translate correctly?
Surprised he understood your tweet with that gibberish Google translate produced. The 3のうち2 translation is correct, though. Damn!

Also, the way the question is worded makes it sound really vague and broad, even in English. Just saying that 2/3 are included(含まれている) means that they could appear in the game in any way, shape or form, i.e. sticker, trophy, etc, and not necessarily as playable characters. The word you should have used is 「登場」, I think.
From Nsider. It's good to broaden horizons.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well guys I'm out, I've done enough fanning of the flames (which is a fun way to pass the time). We'll see what comes of this. Either way it really is not that big a deal, especially with as vague of a translation as "2/3".

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know, they could have replaced Isaac in smash with his son, the hero of the newest golden sun. Therefore opening room for Geno AND Megaman

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^ Or Isaac could be an Assist Trophy character/NPC again, and Geno and Mega Man could be playable.

But that would be interesting Psycho (if we got Matthew, Geno, and Mega Man playable). Regardless, I am still hoping some major gaming media sources (particularly IGN, since they get a lot of e-mail interviews with Sakurai) pick this story up with it and help us find some answers! Specifically answers from Sakurai to prove this is 100% legitimate!
[COLLAPSE="0_0"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Mega Man and Isaac confirmed?!?!
All the days, weeks, months, and years of speculation=??? This is what it's all about! :grin:

Edit: Please mother of God let me know that somebody re-tweeted Sakurai's tweet!!! Also, GameFAQs is running with this story now. ;) Side note: I remember one of the creators of the show "The Walking Dead" (based on the graphic novel by the same name) confirmed "1 of 3" out of a few popular characters returning in said series, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom