• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo dudes, I've watching this thread since it was created...and split...and just wanted to make an account before the influx of new users this thread will get if there is any smash news at E3. I (hopefully) won't post here too much and just pop in when there's news. So...yo.

And it looks like I'm a good luck charm with the whole twitter thing, but don't pester Sakurai too much. Don't want to overwhelm the guy with a tidal wave of various character names.

...some one ask him about Jill from Drill Dozer (Dori Kururi [ドリ・くるり]) : D

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Drill Dozer-fan? Yoo! I'm one too! (-l<>l-)^ And even moreso Breadbug.

EDIT: Okay... done. ^_(->_>-)_^ I sended a tweet where I requested Toad, Starfy, Palutena and Lip. Added in too that I'm a huge fan of Panel De Pon.

Now let the world explode or better, I act like this never happened.

I'll go do some breakfast now- checking in soon if anything happens.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah, send no more than 2 or 3 of each message, folks. Chances are this won't happen again, but it doesn't hurt trying, because Sakurai may try to "use" us fans to create hype. Which I have no problems with him doing. Sakurai can use my left arm as a device to beat children with, so long as Ridley is playable! :bee:

Also, the gaming media is gonna explode with this news.

Or at least the biggest smash bros fans mega media outlet themselves, IGN. I mean, they did cover Project M extensively and give them their own game page a week or two ago.

I'm surprised GameFAQs hasn't caught on yet, either.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
John: I guess this hasn't caught on yet because I only posted this on nsider2, which is dead, and someone from there posted it here. If you guys want to post this on GameFAQs or Allisbrawl, be my guest!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Meah, AllisBrawl's forums are nearly dead. All is Brawl's blogs are another thing. :laugh:

As for GameFAQs, best to leave them in the dark. Too many crazies to deal with. My pal SamuraiPanda (who did all that pre-Brawl Japanese to English translation from the Japanese Brawl Dojo) was ostracized by them for posting what he posted, and nobody believed him, even with the links and evidence. So I ain't touching that crap.

IGN will pick this up by 9 EST or 6 PST, guaranteed. Considering how they somehow get Sakurai to be interviewed by them via e-mail, I would expect that they've already sent him another interview request.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The problem with the hype is the lack in Faith you all have in Geno against the titan that is Megaman

Isaac on the other hand was in the last game anyway, so he's just assumed to be in this game

The titan's were defeated by the gods after all

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Your love for Geno is something to be admired, Psycho, but I must say I think it's more likely that the 2/3 would be Isaac and Mega Man.

Dittolicous

Smash Cadet
It's not lack of faith in your soul mate, more so it's trying to see who's the most likely to be actually and truly added. Really, I'm almost certain Mega Man will be in, but I can't decide between Isaac and Geno. I'm actually leaning towards Geno, but just barely.

Isaac as a newcomer and Megaman being the new hyped 3rd party character makes the most sense in a E3 reveal trailer. But became of that rumor that Nintendo bought the rights to use some Square enix characters? With that in mind both Megaman and Geno feel just as likely.

[COLLAPSE="UNLESS..."]Isaac is the one that's not included.

[/COLLAPSE]

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm still not so keen of Geno being likely- still not very important to Nintendo. Appeared in one game.

Isaac and Megaman... I can believe, of course. /And Garet, I wanna see that awesome dude make a supporting appearance so much. Playable role would be the best.../

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Here is a link to my blog entry on All is Brawl!

Killer, if you want to add anything to it, let me know, and I can do it for ya. ;)
Your love for Geno is something to be admired, Psycho, but I must say I think it's more likely that the 2/3 would be Isaac and Mega Man.
I gotta say in my mind Mega Man was already 99% confirmed. This 100% confirms him for me. Isaac... I'd say he's more likely, but don't count out Geno.

Sakurai seems like the type that likes Geno. Plus, again, there is that rumor a few weeks ago that Nintendo go the rights to a Square Enix character or characters to appear in a Nintendo game or games. Geno could be that character, and those games could be Smash Bros. Wii U or 3DS (most likely both if this is the case).

@ Horsetail
This event makes Geno automatically VERY LIKELY! At least like 66% likely by mathematical terms. In realistic terms, somewhere around 50-50 with Isaac probably IMHO.

Edit: I am so glad this happened right after my finals ended! Because now I can dedicate myself to this... and a Melee/Project M tournament! :grin:

Honestly, I got over Geno after brawl came out. He's fans made a good case for him and he would be interesting, but there are far better Mario RPG characters out there, Paper Mario and Fawful are both far more interesting to me.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
John: Oh no. NOO. John triggered it. This will SPREAD ON. QUICK.

(-=[ ]=-);;;;

*Puts the clock on*

Anyway, I still bet it's Isaac and Megaman. a_(-l´l)

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
John, that's absolutely perfect. Thank you.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I just discovered weapons can have heart bonuses in Uprising. Fusing weapons is more fun than breeding Pokemon since you don't have to RIDE YOUR BIKE FOR HOURS FOR THE RIGHT NATURE/IV'S/WHATEVER.

I think I'll go watch a Godzilla movie. Maybe Terror of Mechagodzilla.

I'm hungry. I wish I had some bready foods to eat. I ate all the Chex Mix already.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Lol now wait until Gamefaqs goes like OHMGAHFHGHISAACHISCONFREDMEGGUHMANTOOTOTO and everyone will support them only because they have been confirmed to appear.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
John: Oh no. NOO. John triggered it. This will SPREAD ON. QUICK.

(-=[ ]=-);;;;

*Puts the clock on*
The more it is "out there," the sooner we can get some interviews with Nintendo, Iwata, Sakurai, etc. on this. Especially if IGN is involved. IGN somehow is able to get Sakurai to interview him for their answers via e-mail. I want answers to such questions as soon as possible, especially from Sakurai.
Anyway, I still bet it's Isaac and Megaman. a_(-l´l)
I am, too. Also, watch GameFAQS think this deconfirms Jigglypuff, the Ice Climbers, and Pit for no apparent reason! :laugh:
John, that's absolutely perfect. Thank you.
Thanks for the thanks for me thanking you. ;) I may make a youtube video on my channel about this too, by the way. I have put up a few videos before related to smash bros, including this pre-Brawl character prediction video (in which I am still mad I somehow forgot Captain Olimar!).

Dittolicous

Smash Cadet
*chomps on store brand Honey Combs* If any characters are gonna get taken out, I'd think it would be R.O.B or Mr. Game and Watch. But I'd rather they just leave 'em all in.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Removing any characters in between Melee and Brawl was a mistake anyways. Doing the same in Smash 4 is silly. They really should put Roy, Doc, YL, Pichu and Mewtwo back in. Well, maybe not YL since Toon Link is essentially the exact same thing.

Dittolicous

Smash Cadet
I agree and disagree, but I don't want Pichu back. Out of all the characters, I seriously think he was the worst. Pichu isn't a very powerful or memorable character. How high on the Melee Tier is he, anyhow?

Oasis: That sucks. *munches some more*

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
As long as Mewtwo comes back and the Brawl characters return, most fans are fine. That and make Mewtwo not garbage. Mewtwo in Melee was terribly and unjustly weak. :(
Really, Mewtwo is the key/#1 cut Melee character to add. He's probably more wanted than any potential newcomer. Plus, everyone loves Mewtwo. It's just a simple fact of life! ;)

Personally, I would like to see Pichu become a (non-clone) ultimate risk character that can kill early but is easy to kill, just because the proposition of such a character is incredible. It'd be like a stronger Ganondorf, but it could be killed by a mere Warlock Punch! Talk about a gamble! Such power yet such weakness is quite a catch, isn't it=??? :laugh:

I would also love to see Roy (my favorite Fire Emblem character) become an original character based off his appearance in Fire Emblem 6 (and not have him be an inferior Marth in every way, shape, and form like he was in Melee). I would imagine him with a lot of stab and lunge attacks, completely unlike any other sword-wielding character in smash.

As for Dr. Mario, if he's decloned, I'm cool with him coming back. If he's not (much decloned), he better be a late add like he was in Melee.

Dittolicous

Smash Cadet
As long as Mewtwo comes back and the Brawl characters return, most fans are fine. Mewtwo is key. Everyone loves Mewtwo. It's a fact of life! ;)

Personally, I would like to see Pichu become a (non-clone) ultimate risk character that can kill early but is easy to kill, just because the proposition of such a character is incredible. It'd be like a stronger Ganondorf, but it could be killed by a mere Warlock Punch! Talk about a gamble! :laugh:

I would also love to see Roy (my favorite Fire Emblem character) become an original character based off his appearance in Fire Emblem 6 (and not have him be an inferior Marth in every way, shape, and form like he was in Melee). I would imagine him with a lot of stab and lunge attacks, completely unlike any other sword-wielding character in smash.

As for Dr. Mario, if he's decloned, I'm cool with him coming back. If he's not (much decloned), he better be a late add like he was in Melee.
Hm, I see what you mean. If they could pull that off with Pichu, then they should bring him back. Perhaps even make it the notched-ear Pichu. But not as some silly clone of Pikachu.

I don't mind any character being brought back, so long as they aren't completely useless or terribly hard to play with. ^_^ I would just hate for a good character to get kicked out and have a lousy one replace them.

Also, is Oasis always like this, or is it just me?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Maan, I'd be pretty awesome if I also got a response. But I bet there's 0,000000000000001 chance it will happen. a_(-=´ö-)

Ditto: Yo Ditto, that's what we folks here call disagreeing. And we do it the most wittiest ways possible like the elite speculators should be. Holder's nice contender along with Oasis and John... (-=3=-)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
MORE LIKE GUANOLICIOUS AM I RIGHT.

I was going to say ****tolicious but I bet the censors would ruin my strongest cleverness in the whole world.

Yeah, see? Astericks.

AND I DUNNO MAYBE I WOULDN'T BE LIKE THIS IF I WASN'T SO HUNGRY AND YOU RUBBED IT IN MY FACE HMMM MAYBE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom