• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

@Starphoenix: I really want to believe that F-zero will get a Wii U game, but I'm feeling it's too long of a shot for an announcement this year. Miyamoto just said he would be considering one, which means we won't see one until at least E3 2013.

As for The Legend of Zelda, Retro did state they wanted to make a game that everyone wanted. I saw more requests for F-zero, Star Fox, Donkey Kong, Metroid, and a new IP.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/201...rding-star-fox-metroid-fusion-saga-for-wii-u/

sounds to my like it's a real thing... i mean why else would they not decomfirm it?
Because Nintendo does not comment on rumors or speculations. I've seen them say the exact same thing for things that were false.

@Starphoenix: I really want to believe that F-zero will get a Wii U game, but I'm feeling it's too long of a shot for an announcement this year. Miyamoto just said he would be considering one, which means we won't see one until at least E3 2013.

As for The Legend of Zelda, Retro did state they wanted to make a game that everyone wanted. I saw more requests for F-zero, Star Fox, Donkey Kong, Metroid, and a new IP.
From things I know (that I'm not going into) Retro is working on a fantasy adventure type game. That leaves only two options.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Because Nintendo does not comment on rumors or speculations. I've seen them say the exact same thing for things that were false.

From things I know (that I'm not going into) Retro is working on a fantasy adventure type game. That leaves only two options.
What?

Zelda?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm starting to think that we all have no idea what the heck Retro is working on. But I guess that's all a part of the fun of non-Smash speculation.

So can we all agree that Nintendo is going to win E3 for the 3rd year in a row? :cool:

Later.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Either a Zelda spin off or their own project. Not sure which, just going with Zelda right now.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well here is the game then kiddies. Let's all make bets on what Retro's new game is going to be. Pick whatever you want. If it be that Star Fox x Metroid abomination, have at it. Metroid Prime 4? Sure. Whatever you think it will be. I've already made my stake.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Haven't looked into it at all, but my money was on new IP of some kind. I wanna say some kind of open-world RPG because of the need for character models I kept hearing about.

Whatever, winner of this bet gets a free SNES game on VC from Toise (NA only of course).

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I might as well be the one to say just plain old Star Fox, none of that Metroid stuff. I don't care if I lose, the only VC game I want is Rondo of Blood anyway.

So what does everything think will happen to the regular Wii at this point? It's not dead yet.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
E3 needs more of Reggie kicking more a**, working on more games, and making more games.

That and Mr. Caffeine needs to come back. DOODIDLY DOODILY DOODILY DOODILY DOO!!!

Also, this E3 presentation was all kinds of awkward.
I still don't see a difference. :(
Maybe in the shoes, as they seem to have a green tint in the first image.
It's fine. It's not really that different. It's just a very small color difference (like maybe it's like 1% brighter) and there are more wrinkles.

Mario went through a similar change. In the first two trailers/1st Dojo colors, Mario's red was much darker than it was on the 2nd Dojo's pictures. Then, around E For All, Mario got his red lightened even more. It went from the darkest red Mario has ever had to the light red of like Super Mario Sunshine/64.
More Donkey Kong Country music would definitely be appreciated. DKC, DKC2 (haven't played #3 yet) and DK64 all had great, memorable music that is another example of the greatness that is those games.

Mad Jack theme for Smash 4!
I agree on the Donkey Kong music. Especially DKC2. That game was only good music.

As for the Mad Jack theme, that song and boss scared me as a kid. Still, on the subject of creepy DK64 music, the Creepy Castle theme would fit on Luigi's Mansion.

Also, I think the Gloomy Galleon theme(s) would be perfect for a K. Rool ship level. I also never get why this version of the Jungle Japes theme was never in smash.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Holy s***, I will go all homo on all of you if I get 2 of those 3. I love all of them. Especially Mega Man. But I'll take it. I'd personally prefer Geno and Mega Man, because Issac is a 1st or 2nd party character, and the easiest to get for future smash bros. games. Although if I had to bet on it, my bets would be on Issac and Mega Man.

Still, the fact Sakurai might have deleted that (assuming he did indeed post that) freaking BLOWS MY MIND!!!

I guess Arc sending Sakurai all those posts wasn't all that crazy.

I need to ask him "Mewtwo, Roy, and Pichu" next. :bee:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
As one of Geno's spiritual leaders I'm required to say that Geno would be the most likely

But I may or may not agree with the majority as who the most likely are

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If it is Geno I will yell "In your face" so hard you'll hear it through the screen

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I hope you are right Psycho. I can wait another 10 years to play as Isaac in Smash Bros. Geno... can't wait. Isaac can always get in because he's a 1st party character, and he's essentially Golden Sun's Marth. If the series continues and he remains important to it, sooner or later, Isaac is gonna be playable.

The fact this came from the horse's mouth... well... it may be a mind game. I got a feeling this may not mean 2 out of 3 playable, but 2 out of 3 are in the game. Because think about it: Why would Sakurai reveal that 2 out of 3 of those characters are playable=??? I mean, if Geno and Mega Man are in, 100% they are playable. But Isaac was in Brawl, and he was an Assist Trophy character.

So, what I think this means, assuming this is real, is that either Geno or Mega Man are playable. Then, the one of the two of them that aren't playable and Isaac may be playable. If none of those two are, then Isaac is an assist trophy character (again) or just a trophy (instead of also a trophy), boss, or sticker or something.

Edit: Furthering on about this "mind games," this is perfect hype. Sakurai probably did this on purpose if it's real. It automatically creates hype, and will make Smash the focus of E3! EXPECT NEWS!!!!

Dittolicous

Smash Cadet
I'm all for asking about Mewtwo, Roy, and Pichu. If he says 2 out of 3 again, I think we all know the two.

Any hopeful movesets for the other three(Geno, Isaac, and Megaman)?

John: So it's a mindgame inside a mindgame?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah, it is a mind game, but also a hype technique. Sakurai is drawing on our emotions. He avoided Mega Man, but mentioned he wasn't opposed to it to bring our hypes up in the IGN Interview. Now with E3 10 days away, he says 2 out of 3.

That is creating hype. That is blowing minds. If this is true, expect news, expect newcomers, expect woaw. I think we're getting a trailer if it's true, and it will be delicious.

Instead of being focused on E3, I will be ENTRANCE in smash bros. When I hear "super," "smash," "bros." "brothers" "Wii U" or "3DS," I will have no other care in the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom