• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dittolicous

Smash Cadet
Yeah, it is a mind game, but also a hype technique. Sakurai is drawing on our emotions. He avoided Mega Man, but mentioned he wasn't opposed to it to bring our hypes up in the IGN Interview. Now with E3 10 days away, he says 2 out of 3.

That is creating hype. That is blowing minds. If this is true, expect news, expect newcomers, expect woaw. I think we're getting a trailer if it's true, and it will be delicious.

Instead of being focused on E3, I will be ENTRANCE in smash bros. When I hear "super," "smash," "bros." "brothers" "Wii U" or "3DS," I will have no other care in the world!
I like the way you think. Here's to hoping we'll get a nice, juicy reveal at E3.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Isaac probably is in the game in SOME form, being a returned AT at least.

It really just comes down to Mega Man or Geno.

Which means we'll have SOMEONE to look forward to regardless

Geno

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
This is assuming this isn't the greatest prank ever by Sakurai, these guys somehow faking this, etc. However, the profile matches up, the views add up, the followers, etc. It's CRAZY!

I'm gonna ask our Lord God Sakurai a question now! Mewtwo, Roy, and Dr. Mario time! Or maybe, Marth, Roy, and Ike time!

@ Psycho
Again, even if Isaac is in the game, he said "2 out of 3." Not "2 out of 3 are in the game" or "2 out of 3 are playable." So literally 3 out of 3 could be in the game, or 2 out of 3 could be playable!

Edit: Sakurai responded 2 days later to this guy.

Also, we all got to have Sakurai's twitter open. HAVE OUR EYES ON IT!!!

Dittolicous

Smash Cadet
At this point, I don't really care who they add so long as the newcomers or returnee's AREN'T nerfed to high hell. Or take out any of my favorite characters.

Ask about Mewtwo, Roy, and Dr. Mario!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Guys, message Sakurai about multiple characters now!!!! He's playing a puzzle; let's see if he'll continue.

Even if someone hacked his account, I think I'd be able to tell if he's lying or not in interviews with my body language skills (although it has to be filmed).

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Pfft, we'd see more cats than actual information... and not gonna join the bet. (-l´l-);

And WHY STILL THEY WANT GENO?! He's like a meme that never dies, way too unlikely for Sm4sh at the moment due him being owned by Square and just appearing in one game. C'mon. I think everyone supports him are just exaggarating his "badass" to memetic heights like Captain Falcon gets these days.

/I hope that didn't anger anyone too much/

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
"Be sure to include Dr. Mario, Roy, and Mewtwo." is what I am sending him. Here's to hope!

@ Horsetail
Sakurai is a fan of Super Mario RPG. Plus there was that rumor a few weeks/months ago that Nintendo got rights to a Square Enix character or character(s) for one game or more. Geno and Smash Wii U and 3DS could be what that rumor is all about! Also, nostalgia and the fact that Super Mario RPG is the love child of Mario and Final Fantasy/Chrono Trigger helps build that hype further. Plus again, the BAMF status, although that could be said for anyone. But for any reason, myself and others "cling" to Geno as such a character to fit that role.

Edit: I sent it! *crosses fingers it gets answered*

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
You have nothing to fear when you're RIGHT, Horsetail.

Also I just rubbed my Dr. Pepper on my cat and threw it away. I hope a thirsty hobo that's allergic to cats does doesn't find it.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Geno though hasn't even contributed very much to Nintendo. Just because Sakurai liked SMRPQ shouldn't mean that Geno's pretty likely then. Keep in mind that Sakurai loves the heck out of Puzzle League but still thinks Lip's obscure to be included (at least back in old days), so I don't think Geno's any different.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Hi guys! I'm the original poster of the NS2 thread, so let me just paste my latest post from there to here.

Killer Chris said:
So this has absolutely EXPLODED on Smash World Forums! Hi guys!

Those looking for an update: Far as I can tell, Sakurai deleted his tweet nearly 30 minutes after he posted it. If you tweet him, be sure to watch his page like a hawk to see if he responds. I had to wait 2 days for him to say anything but he may have just been busy.
It's 5:39 PM in Japan right now. I'd say this is prime time to tweet him your characters.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
*Feels tempted*

Maybe... I wanna try this too. (->*~*)

EDIT: Nah. Maybe not gonna do. Why would Sakurai take character requests so generously, anyway. (-=´=-);

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I don't have a Twitter.

Whatever happens, happens.

Ridley doesn't need luck.

AND YOU TELL'EM HORSETAIL. STARFY IS THE ONLY STAR BEING WE NEED RIGHT. EFF GENO.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yo Killer, great find! I sent Sakurai the exact message with Doc, Mewtwo, and Roy on it. Maybe I can tempt him more!

Basically, I think that if it's Mega Man and Geno, both are confirmed 100% as playable characters.

If it's Mega Man/Geno and Isaac, there is a possibility Isaac could still be an Assist Trophy character (or have another such supporting role) like he was in Brawl.

To summarize this point of mine (assuming this is true and Sakurai's not trolling us), we could get:
1. Mega Man and Geno as playable characters. (Isaac may be a non-playable character again like he was in Brawl)
2. Mega Man and Isaac as playable characters.
3. Geno and Isaac as playable characters.
5. Mega Man as a playable character, Isaac as a non-playable character (again, like he was in Brawl).
6. Geno as a playable character, Isaac as a non-playable character (again, like he was in Brawl).

While there is a slim chance Geno could be a non-playable character (as a 7th option with Mega Man as playable, and/or Isaac as either a NPC or playable character), I doubt Sakurai would go to such lengths for a cameo. However, Nintendo did do it for Mario & Luigi: Super Star Saga.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Basically Sakurai actually has good taste and couldn't be bothered to listen to dumb fan requests anyway.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Oasis: That's what I thought now too. So why bombard him with requests? (-l-T-)? Probably he'd just *laughes* upon them and then ignores em up. Because he knows it'd be a total mess if any tweeting Nintendo-fan manages to affect to the roster in any way.

And yay for Starfy support! *Brofive*

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Sakurai (assuming his account wasn't hacked) literally just confirmed 2/3 characters are in the game, and confirmed Mega Man or Geno, or BOTH as newcomers if this is true.

We've been talking about this game for 4 friggen years, and finally we get character news!

NOW LET'S RUN WITH IT!!! TWEET SAKURAI MULTIPLE CHARACTER CHOICES!!!

Think of it like a test where there is multiple answers, and it tells you how many answers are correct! ;)

@ Horsetail
Tweet him 3 or more character options as characters, including Starfy... if you'd like. We already got one answer! :cool:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Sakurai was probably drunk. As per usual, he regrets everything he typed.

@Horsetail: Ah.. well.. I mean.. Starfy is better than Geno, y'know... *kicks dust*

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Hey Johnknight. I feel like he's already decided the roster, and maybe felt like hyping up the game more by randomly answering a fan.
I don't want you guys to spam him, though. He's a busy guy.

Though the occasional tweet can't hurt! :)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Lol John, I don't know if I want to really join this "game". Feels bit humiliating to me. And why annoy him like some rabid fan? He's a big businessman, why he'd listen to few fans?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If Sakurai is drunk, then that's more of a reason to ask questions Oasis! :lol: Because then we may get answers! :awesome:
Hey Johnknight. I feel like he's already decided the roster, and maybe felt like hyping up the game more by randomly answering a fan.
I don't want you guys to spam him, though. He's a busy guy.

Though the occasional tweet can't hurt! :)
I agree, but he's using you to hype this game. Literally, he used your post to make this one, if not THEE BIGGEST STORY OF E3! That means we are getting good crap at E3!!! This means it won't be the majority of people will say "no" to news at E3!

Also, I'm not spamming him. I'm just saying each of us should send 1 message (or maybe a few spread out across time) similar to yours, to peeve his interest.

Also, I'm pretty sure most, if not all of the roster is decided upon. Still, asking questions doesn't hurt, so long as we don't spam. :shades:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Young Horsetail: I don't know if I would call him a big business man. That sounds like he's a soulless work machine :) He seems like a pretty humble guy who treasures his fans.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Killer: Well, I meant though that the project he's doing is pretty huge and very clamoured over the world. If everyone got to hear some fellas here in SmashWorld got their wanted characters in by tweeting the fella himself, then the world would explode and every Smash-fan would join Twitter just to send character requests to Sakurai. I'm sure he wouldn't like that happening.

Hmm...

Still wondering if I'd wanna try this. At least it's something compared to oh-so-boring and silent flow in this thread these days. It would shake this topic out of it's plainess at the moment. (=.=-<)

I might ask Toad, Starfy and Palutena (Or Lip, though I dunno if she's likely, so I put more bets on Palutena)

But I'm still hesitating on this.

John: I think I knew that already /Browses Pixiv time to time/

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
This means that Smash Wii U and 3DS have probably secretly been developed for a while, and Sakurai was waiting for the right moment for the right publicity!

In a way, this reminds me of Ness, Lucario, and Jigglypuff being confirmed pre-Brawl by a pre-release demonstration on stickers where their character icons were shown... except this isn't an accident. This was done with intent. An intent we don't know about, but we should think about, debate, and question. If we think of all possible and plausible scenarios, we may find an answer to expect.

Perhaps Sakurai did this as a response to what happened with (dare I say) PlayStation All-Stars where 3 characters were confirmed for that. Perhaps this was Sakurai's way of stealing the show from other fighting games, specifically crossover fighting games like (although this is doubtful, since Mega Man is from Capcom, and Capcom is making most other crossover fighting games). Or maybe it was to take the thunder away from other games and companies at E3, and assure that everyone of us will be watching. Sakurai may be a "humble guy," but he is quite the showman. You can't not be a showman and play Brawl with 3 controllers at the same time! :laugh:

Edit: Horsetail, be sure to copy and paste the Japanese letters (or whatever they are called) from wikipedia for character's names, especially for Starfy and Toad.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Still wondering if I'd wanna try this. At least it's something compared to oh-so-boring and silent flow in this thread these days. (=.=-<)

I might ask Toad, Starfy and Palutena (Or Lip, though I dunno if she's likely, so I put more bets on Palutena)

But I'm still hesitating on this.
DON'T HESITATE! SPEAK FROM THE HEART! IF YOU WANT TO TELL HIM, THEN YOU MUST TELL HIM EVERYTHING!

If Lip isn't in after all, you'll always tell yourself that maybe if you had just told him then things may have been different.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Geno, Mega Man, and Isaac are 3 totally unrelated characters.

So asking for 3 unrelated characters sounds best. That's why I didn't mention Pichu (with Mewtwo, Doc, and Roy), even though I prefer Pichu returning over Dr. Mario Horsetail. ;)

Edit: You all need to bookmark and open a tab with Sakurai's twitter and some sort of translator program. That way, we can keep refreshing for an answer!

This is like the Dojo (specifically the 2nd Brawl Dojo opening) all over again! :rotfl:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Okay. That's it. I think I'm gonna do this. /Thanks for bit of encouragement/

It's just takes some minutes so what do I have to lose?

Should I tweet to his blog or send a Direct Message?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Horsetail
Send it to Sakurai's personal Twitter account. It's the easiest to answer to.

Heck, I sent a question to Jerry Riccccccceee a few weeks ago, and he responded to it last weekend on one of my twitter accounts. :cool:

Ironically this week my dad ran into Jerry Rice on a plane ride! :laugh:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
You mean like Tweet to @Sakurai? Because what I've seen is that it usually gets buried under many other tweets if he has loads of followers. (-l~l-);;;

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Everyone ask for ジーノ

Don't look up who it is, just ask for it

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wrote him, telling how passionately we feel toward the beloved character Geno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom