• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Dang man!! That's practically the whole collection? You played them all?

And thanks for the avi, I'm putting it up now. :cool:

:phone:
Just about, I have yet to play any of the Star Force or ZX titles. May pick up one of the ZX titles at a point. I also plan on playing Megaman and Bass, maybe Capcom will release it for the VC so I have the opportunity? Or I'll just purchase the SNES cart. When it comes to Megaman, I know my stuff.

Oh also forgot to add that I've played Megaman X: Irregular Hunter.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Nintendo has already tons of Reps if you count the spin off characters.

Main Series
Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach

Spin off
Wario, Yoshi, Donkey Kong

The only reason I support Toad is because if there is any Mario Reps that needs to be added it's him.
Yoshi, Wario, and Donkey Kong have their own series' though. They're not spin-off exclusive characters, like Waluigi.

Anyway, Bowser Jr. has had more mainstream fame. While for Toad, he's often held back by members of his own species.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The reason I did not talk about Slime and Layton is that I don't see Square-Enix and Level 5 as seeing those characters as "fighting material" and hence not even bothering to request Sakurai for their inclusion.
That didn't stop Square Enix from adding Slime to Mario Sports Mix. Already there have been posts relating to Slime, and it is the mascot of the Dragon Quest series.

D

Deleted member

Sure, why not? We'll communicate via VM. I'll be off at 7:50 PM CST to set up the third round, thought. I might come back after setting it up but IDK. However, I am ready to start now whenever you are.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@shortie
I don't really want to see either of them. That's why I haven't commented on anything relating to them in the past couple days

Edit: off topic who won at mkwii last time

Barbasol

Smash Ace
@Starphoenix

That Ray avatar is fantastic! I need to come up with someone else to request now XD, can't be samesies... Black Knight? Duck Hunt Dog? I used to pull for Skull Kid but... over him now.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Star

Are you a Genosect fan?

@disfunky

I'm not against him really. I just find him to be a boring topic because few characters can compare to him. I couldn't compare Jill's legacy to Megaman's. Although I can definitely compare her relevancy and Nintendo history. (She's going to have two RE titles on the 3DS) Again, I don't even hate Ryu, I actually like him and I prefer him over Megs, but he would be boring as well. IMO. We've seen what these characters can do in fighting games MANY times before.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
MKWii = Mario Kart Wii, not Meta Knight Wii or Mortal Kombat Wii. Just sayin' if anyone else was confused.

No? Well i was.

D

Deleted member

OmegaXVII said:
Man! I really need to start somewhere ,now I would really like to see a Megaman vs. Ray Mk battle in SSB4!!
This. Mega Man and Ray deserves to be playable and this would be an awesome robot battle. I wish I knew how to drum up support for Ray, thought.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
MKWii = Mario Kart Wii, not Meta Knight Wii or Mortal Kombat Wii. Just sayin' if anyone else was confused.
Yea, I often got confused at first, but when you get into a discussion you'll know what they're usually talking about.

@SSBFan: I agree with you entirely, if Megaman and Ray make it, it will surely be one of the best Smash games ever.

Not too sure about Ray though. :/

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Yes, Im playing right now, alright just tell me when you guys are ready.

Edit:...you got lucky :glare:

You mad cause I'm stylin' on ya!

This. Mega Man and Ray deserves to be playable and this would be an awesome robot battle. I wish I knew how to drum up support for Ray, thought.
Yo Samus&ROB vs. Megaman&Ray go go go go!

D

Deleted member

Megaman seems too much like Samus.

Get some Kingdom Hearts characters in this! Aqua from Birth By Sleep would be my absolute favorite, but I'd settle for Roxas/Ventus.

OmegaXXII

You mad cause I'm stylin' on ya!
Nope, you were just hacking!!

Anyway.. Let discuss some stages shall we, like Bowser Castle.

I wish they finally gave Bowser his own stage, in MKWii he literally had 3 variations of it, why not in Smash?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Nah I beat you just like I came in 2nd this game...SSBF ditched for some Regional BS LOL.

Umm on topic: Bowser does need his own stage.

EDIT: SSBF FUUUUUUUUUU STOP CHANGING ROOMS!

reserk

Smash Cadet
Megaman seems too much like Samus.

Get some Kingdom Hearts characters in this! Aqua from Birth By Sleep would be my absolute favorite, but I'd settle for Roxas/Ventus.
as much as i would love to see a kh character, its not gonna happen. also about how many 3rd party charcaters should there be. at say at least 4 max.

D

Deleted member

Nah I beat you just like I came in 2nd this game...SSBF ditched for some Regional BS LOL.

Umm on topic: Bowser does need his own stage.

EDIT: SSBF FUUUUUUUUUU STOP CHANGING ROOMS!
Yeah, trying to meet up. Apparently, Omega keeps switching room, but I have a plan (Read VM message).
Auspher said:
No...

Not even close to a good idea. I have no idea who they heck they even are.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Kingdom Hearts is a good series, and is a deserving one at that. Relax, people here just like what they like and anything that could possibly be deemed uncool will get shot down.

KH FTW.

D

Deleted member

There has been Kingdom Hearts games on Nintendo systems at least. It's not completely out of the question.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
There has been Kingdom Hearts games on Nintendo systems at least. It's not completely out of the question.
I was the biggest KH fanboy back in the day. However, Square Enix being the psycho japanese company that they are, decided to take a giant **** on us KH fans and refuse to make KH3 and instead make a bunch of mediocre spinoffs. I guess they were too busy making the most colossal MMO failure of all time (Worse than Warhammer Online=kill yourself).

In closing. As awesome as KH used to be, there are better 3rd party choices nowadays (LAYTON!). Plus that whole DISNEY thing...

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Yeah the milking of KH is annoying. KH3 is a myth now LOL

EDIT: RAAPPE. SSBF and I are tied for 1st seeing as we only had 2 rounds! Sorry Omega, better luck next time dog. Mad fun games, we need to play later tonight. Omega what's good with that TvC FC? I feel like playing that?

OmegaXXII

Kingdom Hearts is a good series, and is a deserving one at that. Relax, people here just like what they like and anything that could possibly be deemed uncool will get shot down.

KH FTW.
Sora is a very cool character, heck Rikku would be even better, too bad there chances are practically zilch.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Wait a second, people say Dragon Quest has no chance/sucks, but are seriously saying Kingdom Hearts characters are deserving/would be cool?

Killanator90

Smash Journeyman
I think if they but another character from the sonic series it would be knuckles or eggman. I would main those to instantly if they were in the game

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Knuckles is cool, but sadly they'd shove Shadow in instead.

Personally, I'd like to see Tails, but he's not too likely, because developers' stance on expanding third party franchises is unknown (I wouldn't count on that). But if they somehow did, I'm sure Tails would get the spot.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Wait a second, people say Dragon Quest has no chance/sucks, but are seriously saying Kingdom Hearts characters are deserving/would be cool?
I like them both, so don't clump me in with someone who wants something unlikely, but thinks another unlikely sucks.

I like everything :awesome:

cept DHD, Waluigi, and Mortal Kombat.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I like them both, so don't clump me in with someone who wants something unlikely, but thinks another unlikely sucks.

I like everything :awesome:

cept DHD, Waluigi, and Mortal Kombat.
I mean. Slime and Sora are pretty much both very unlikely although Sora is far worse. I just think people round here give slime so much credit because of Phoenix.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well I just finished Sin and Punishment: Star Successor, can't wait to work on my stage concept so I can begin posting some music!

I've downloaded the orignal Sin and Punishment and Final Fantasy II. I've never fully played a Final Fantasy game in my life so this will be my first. Began a little on both games. My goodness, the original S&P is even worse then the second!!!!! And what the heck with the blood monster? No wonder this game never made it overseas!

I mean. Slime and Sora are pretty much both very unlikely although Sora is far worse. I just think people round here give slime so much credit because of Phoenix.

Oh you... The only reason I pimp him is because Nintendo has invested interest into this one third party series out of them all. So at least I have some precedent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom