• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
heels mean nothing to me.
you heartless ***hole i loved you

And according to that dude, there are rumors of a trailer for SSB4? I'm not so sure there are any rumors about that, we never heard the slightest inkling of that. I think he is just reading people hoping that something shows up. Other than that I really liked the video, thanks august.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
he has connections... like he said early in the video, he won't give out who tells him it.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
And John, people don't like the stage builder from Brawl, so that is probably why no one is excited by the idea.
People liked HACKED VERSIONS of the Stage Builder. Like the ones that hack the game to put in the actual stages from previous smash bros. games!!!

That is what I am referring to. If replaying pretty much all of the Smash 64, Melee, and Brawl stages (without DLC) on Smash Wii U/3DS doesn't excite you, something is wrong bro.
Who is this Metal that you speak of
You. Lulz. I want to kick your butt on Saffron City. (although it doesn't have the random Pokémanz!)
The Poke Floats stage was planned for Brawl? Hell yeah
No it wasn't. Some people are just trying to make hacked versions of it in Brawl.
I want Peach's Castle and Great Bay back, goddammit :(
There is a great version of Peach's Castle 64 you can download. Just look it up on youtube. As for Peach's Castle Melee, it's an okay version (again, look it up on youtube). The Great Bay stage hacks I've seen so far look decent at best; the graphics and some of the layout look far from complete on all of them.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Kwing seems to have SOME connection to Nintendo, so you should take it with a grain of salt, just keep that in mind.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah, of course we're getting something smash bros. related announced at E3 2012. It may be a trailer, some artwork, some pictures, some in game screenshots, some information, some concepts, or even something technologically-centered like the graphics system or engine. Something tells me Smash Wii U/3DS will use a new engine, perhaps modeled after Smash 64's or Melee's of course combined with the 16 directional use of the Brawl engine and some of the cool jazz that the Brawl engine can do.
@JohnKnight: Yep. It was made for a case of dramatic irony. :laugh:
I thought it was well used mai boi. Now all you need to do is have shortie use it against me. THEN THE CIRCLE TRIANGLE TRIFORCE IS COMPLETE!!! :awesome:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Oh, yeah, I don't think he is full of it, he clearly seems pretty knowledgeable. I am a bit too skeptical for my own good I guess. A trailer behind closed doors would be somewhat disappointing, but then again, that means they got some decent progress, so we should be thankful if it does go down like that.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I wouldn't be surprised if there is some crap show afterwards like what happened when Brawl was revealed. You know, wait until the hype is down! :bee:
In other words bring back the trophy stages!
That could easily happen.... for the Melee trophy stages that have trophies in Brawl. I don't think there is an Entei trophy in Brawl, though.

D

Deleted member

So what retro character would you guys like to see? I think Mach Rider would be amazing.
Takamaru, Mach Rider, and Muddy Mole.

Though if I had to pick just one, Mach Rider.

@John: There is one, since Entei's a Poke Ball summon.
The only Trophy Tussle stage that didn't get a trophy in Brawl is Majora's Mask.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The purely retro character I want=??? The Balloon Fighter because that was one of my favorite games. Another sadly largely underused character (but not purely retro and she has been in recent) would have to be Dixie Kong. She's just all awesome sauce in Donkey Kong Country 2 and 3. DAT HAIR SPIN!!! :shades: :dk:
@John: There is one, since Entei's a Poke Ball summon.
The only Trophy Tussle stage that didn't get a trophy in Brawl is Majora's Mask.
I don't remember Entei being a Pokéball Pokémon in Brawl. I thought Raikou was the only one of the 3 Legendary Dogs that returned as a Pokéball Pokémon in Brawl...

...although I haven't played with items in Brawl in several years.

Also, the Majora's Mask one was lulz. A Majora's Mask trophy was in Brawl, but I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to make.

People have, after all, made Skull Kid with Majora's Mask in Brawl (mostly as Toon Link).

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
there should be at least 2 retro reps, since in Melee we got ICs and G&W and brawl we got Pit and ROB.

also, what would be your reactions if the Metroid/Star Fox crossover is real?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
If we get a something behind closed doors, I have a feeling we wont know any character newcomers.

D

Deleted member

The purely retro character I want=??? The Balloon Fighter because that was one of my favorite games. Another sadly largely underused character (but not purely retro and she has been in recent) would have to be Dixie Kong. She's just all awesome sauce in Donkey Kong Country 2 and 3. DAT HAIR SPIN!!! :shades: :dk:

I don't remember Entei being a Pokéball Pokémon in Brawl. I thought Raikou was the only one of the 3 Legendary Dogs that returned as a Pokéball Pokémon in Brawl...

...although I haven't played with items in Brawl in several years.

Also, the Majora's Mask one was lulz. A Majora's Mask trophy was in Brawl, but I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to make.

People have, after all, made Skull Kid with Majora's Mask in Brawl (mostly as Toon Link).
No no no, Raikou's the only one that DIDN'T return, silly John.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i will personally go with my tape recorder and plant one. NintenNinjas come at me.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah, I kinda agree vatti, although they don't have to be "purely retro." After all, Mr. Game & Watch had been in several (then recent) Game & Watch Galleries games, and ROB had been in Mario Kart DS. Still, one of them ought to be almost purely retro. :cool:

@ Shortie
We thought the same thing with Brawl when it was leaked it would be shown behind closed doors, and we got 5 mind-blowing newcomers.

Still, if we do get newcomers in such a scenario, expect no more than 3. Keep your expectations low my fellow smash bros. The good stuff will come... :shades:

@ Golden
Then my boi chok misinformed me. I'll have to beat him down this weekend.
Although he's way better than me.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Just remember that there will not be a lot shown for Super Smash Bros 4 considering its still heavy in development. The best we'll get is a quick teaser trailer that shows the title, possibly a teaser for a few characters, and thats it.

D

Deleted member

Like confirmations of Waluigi and Flint. :troll:

But seriously, I doubt we'll get much.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well maybe some stuff on the single-player mode stuff (specifically the story/adventure mode), the graphical technology of the game (I would love that; I want to see every hair on Mario's mustache!), the gameplay direction, the engine of the game, or perhaps even how the Wii U and 3DS games will be different and/or interconnect with one another. :shades:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well something new would be to add character specific combo set-ups are find someway to make A+B a whole new 5 moves to go into the universal moveset every character has.
Are these combos that work on specific characters or combos that are specific to the character?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I would like to not see Wario's butt in HD. The rest of him I don't mind! :laugh:

Also, I wanna see how cool ROB, Bowser, Samus, and Snake would look in 8th Generation of Gaming HD graphics specifically, as well as kinda sorta the Star Fox characters, Donkey Kong, etc.

Edit: I agree Golden. Ridley in real modern HD graphics would truly be something.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I think he means both. i.e toon link would be able to do a ff nair->quickdraw->Utilt->bair string but only on characters that have fast falling speeds.

REAL men want to see Tink in all his Cel-shaded glory in HD. JUST SAYING
:phone:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think he means both. i.e toon link would be able to do a ff nair->quickdraw->Utilt->bair string but only on characters that have fast falling speeds.

REAL men want to see Tink in all his Cel-shaded glory in HD. JUST SAYING
That kind of thing would happen most of the time anyway just because of hit and hurtboxes. Having combos that are on combo-specific wouldn't be necessary if the "normal" ones are used and adjustments are made in combos.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I'm extremy bored.. and I haven't made a moveset in a while. So here goes

[COLLAPSE="Meloetta"]Newcomer Meloetta

The Melody Pokemon joins the fray! While in her Aria Form Meloetta is slow floaty and lightweight. While in her Aria Form Meloetta's fighting style revolves around pestering her opponent with projectiles and grabbing them whenever they get to close. While in this form she is not as offensive as her Pirouette form but has a better recovery.

Moveset

A- Meloetta kicks the opponent.
AA- Meloetta spins and kicks the opponent again.
AAA- Meloetta balances on one foot and spins. When holding the A button she spins rapidly and whips the opponent with her releasing sparkles.
Dash A - Meloetta floats forward and releases a flicker of light from her hand forcing the opponent back.

Tilts
F-Tilt: Meloetta whips her hair forward at the opponent.
U-Tilt: Meloetta waves both of her hands in the air striking the opponent.
B-Tilt: Meloetta twirls and kicks her foot back.
D-Tilt: Meloetta fires a small ray of psychic energy at the ground.

Aerials
N-Air: Meloetta points her arms and legs out like a star and performs a flip.
U-Air: Meloetta emits a sound wave upward at the opponent.
F-Air: Meloetta sticks both of her legs out straight and kicks the opponent.
B-Air: Meloetta performs a backflip and slaps the opponent with her hair.
D-Air: Meloetta releases sparkles from her feet sending her opponent down.

Smash Attacks
Forward Smash: *Hyper Voice* Meloetta lets loose a echoing shout that fires the opponent forward.
Up Smash: Meloetta twirls upward like a drill sending her opponent up.
Down Smash: Meloetta releases a psychic beam at the ground hitting the opponents feet.

Grabs: Meloetta uses Telekinesis to bring her opponent towards her.
Pummel: Meloetta shocks the opponent with pulses of psychic energy.
Forward Throw: Meloetta uses her psychic energy to throw the opponent forward.
Back Throw: Meloetta spins the opponent around and throws them backwards.
Down Throw: Meloetta throws the opponent on the ground and fires a ball of energy.
Up Throw: Meloetta throws the opponent up into the air and emits a soundwave.

Special Moves

Standard Special Move Relic Song: Meloetta begins to sing emitting a sound wave around her and changes into her Pirouette form. If the opponent comes in contact with her while she is singing they will take damage. This move is also used to change back into her Aria Form.

Side Special Move Echoed Voice: Meloetta releases a slow moving projectile that has rather low damage and knock back. It can ricochet up to two times and after each ricochet it increases damage it can be angled up to 30 degrees up or down.

Up Special Moves Telekinesis: Meloetta levitates upward it doesn't do any damage but it is a good recovery move.

Down Special Move Psychic: A medium range command grab, similar to DeDeDe's Inhale in range. Meloetta pulls any opponents or items close to her, then blasts them forward. Meloetta can hold B longer to increase the knockback, but the opponent can mash out of the grab, damage dependent. At higher percents it's harder to mash out to escape. The knockback for this move, especially when it's fully charged, is pretty high -- making it one of her primary killing tools.
[/COLLAPSE]

I'll get into her Pirouette form details later but that's all I have for now. Starting to get tiredd :embarrass:

D

Deleted member

I'm not sure what to expect from E3 2012, but I am keeping my expectation low for anything exciting (at least to me).

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
i'd like to see every strand on Zamus' hair
That's what you want to see on Zamus in HD? :awesome:

I hope people aren't seriously getting their hopes up for a trailer or even a teaser
The voice of reason. I have tried to quell their hopes to save them, but they are feral for the hype and information. Their bones are picked clean, the Smash hounds are going mental.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@metal
Melotta equal sign p

@kuma
Well what exactly do you mean combo specific? Do you mean moves that you can only do in the middle of a combo or do you mean like cancellable smashes/specials that only can cancel into stronger moves like the l/m/h street fighter style. Or something different entirely?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@kuma
Well what exactly do you mean combo specific? Do you mean moves that you can only do in the middle of a combo or do you mean like cancellable smashes/specials that only can cancel into stronger moves like the l/m/h street fighter style. Or something different entirely?
Personally, I'd like to see something like you see in Mortal Kombat (but these are in Tekken and just about every other 3D fighter). It's hard to explain with just text.

The reason why I say some combos would work on some characters and not others is just the result of hitboxes. It's like a combo will work on a big character, but won't on a small character.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Ok kuma I understand now. I don't know if I'd prefer that though.

@metal
Black magic obviously...
And I guess I had a little help from let me google that for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom