• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Stickers should be expanded to multiplayer. Like, you could equip a certain character with stickers and they would gain additional abilities or can activate powers, similar to the Power mechanic used in Kid Icarus: Uprising.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I have had like 100 of some of the same stickers and I still don't have them all. And you can also tell that sticker are harder to get because everyone says they have a harder time with stickers than trophies.
Yeah. When there's 700 of them and all but five you get by random chance, you can tell it's going to be madness to get them all. Good thing some of the people here, myself included, are crazy enough to do it.

-:smash:
:psycho:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Stickers should be expanded to multiplayer. Like, you could equip a certain character with stickers and they would gain additional abilities or can activate powers, similar to the Power mechanic used in Kid Icarus: Uprising.
I agree with this, although it should be it's own separate multiplayer mode. Such a mode should also be playable online. :shades:
Perhaps it may be 3DS exclusive; it just sounds like it would "work better" on the 3DS, you know what I mean=??? :bee:
That makes me miss Hitmonlee, Onix, Articuno, Zapdos, Raikou, and Clefairy. :(
Don't forget Entei, Scyther (lol), Blastoise, Venasaur, Charizard (which should be replaced by Blazekein or Infernape), all the Pokémon at Saffron City, etc. I don't see why all of them can't return. I mean, all the Smash Bros. development team has to do is copy the graphical data from each Pokémon from the inevitable Wii U Pokémon game for the Wii U Smash Bros. For the 3DS smash, just transfer the graphical data from Black and White 2 or Pokémon Coliseum 1/2 (on the GCN) and Pokémon Battle Revolution (on the Wii).
Just remembered another Pokemon point to be made: Remember all the Pokemon in the Melee intro? Even the ones who never really got an decent appearance in-game? Pretty sure Gamefreak and the Pokemon Company is open to letting Sakurai get what he wants in Smash.
The hard part is just the sheer fan demand.
This, this, and this. Also, this. And that. But mostly this. :smirk:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I agree with this, although it should be it's own separate multiplayer mode. Such a mode should also be playable online. :shades:
Perhaps it may be 3DS exclusive; it just sounds like it would "work better" on the 3DS, you know what I mean=??? :bee::
I do agree that maybe the sticker mechanic should be toggled on or off in certain situations. You know, so the competitive people don't cry out "ITS TEH BROEKNZ BAAAW". Also I think both versions should use the mechanic, but offer exclusive attributes to certain versions to promote diversity.

@Habanero:

Asage94 will like you when he see your avatar.
I bet he will. I picked the avatar because I'm one of all three people that want to see Dillon in the next Smash Bros. game.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
asage hates any avatar cooler than his.

So no. He will hate it! :shades:

@ Habanero
That makes sense (with the last part of your post). Advertising two different uses/completely different versions of a cool new mechanic is a good idea from a business perspective. It gives fans reasons to be hyped for both games.

In response to the top part of your post, just make it a different multiplayer mode, much like "Special Melee/Brawl." That or an option like items.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
for the record, i want to see dillon happen too, but not at the cost of better choices. and he was cooler with his beta name, Jiro.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I really hope Dillon gets another game because, one, I liked the first game, two, I like Dillon (he would be great in Smash), and three, because it would help his chances of actually getting into Smash (right now they're pretty bad).

I hope the rumor of the sequel turns out to be true.

@augusto
I liked Jiro more too, but Dillon has grown on me. Especially since I figured out it was a play on armadillo. Yeah, I didn't get that right away. :embarrass:
I think his name is still Jiro in Japan though.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Lmao, I remember when Scyther used to be a Pokeball Pokemon

Oh, and 64 and Melee have some of the best openings in video gaming, just thought I'd say that

:phone:

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
I also like Dillon because I share a name with him (spelled Dylan, but close enough). It really is a shame that his chances are so low, though, since I'd love to see lots of new series get playable characters, and Rolling Western was a great game.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I wouldn't say it's that low. Currently Dillon is an unofficial mascot of sorts for the Nintendo eShop and there is the possibility of Dillon's Rolling Western 2 coming out sometime in the future to further promote the possibility of being in Smash Bros in some fashion.

Also I would be curious how Dillon and Sonic would interact in the potential story mode. Normally I wouldn't care about the story mode in Smash Bros, but after Kid Icarus: Uprising I would be interested in a more goofy/light-heart story mode with comedic interactions between characters.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Oasis_Sleepless?
EDIT: I don't care what anyone says, this showdown should happen.
But that is five characters. Kick out the third party and we have ourselves something that will surely happen indeed.

Professionalism? lol

The problem with this thread, IMO, is a combination of taking things WAY too seriously and nothing to really discuss that we haven't already before. The majority of this thread consists of character speculation (another problem with this thread), and people come in here almost every day expecting to have a mass debate hall about characters and how realistic their chances are. While that's fine and all, y'all got to remember that all that serious speculation isn't always necessary for just a video game, where ultimately, the goal is to just have fun. This ain't the Election of 2012 or something lol. What's even worse is that I've seen people denouncing dream rosters in here before. Like, lol seriously? It's okay to be a little silly and entertain ideas that may not realistically happen. It's not like we have a healthy stream of Smash 4 news or even rumors to speculate on. Comic relief, or "derp" as people like to call it, is necessary in times like these, especially considering many of us have still been posting here regularly for almost a year now despite us barely having anything Smash 4-related to discuss. It helps break up the monotony of this thread by "derping around"
No, the ONLY problem is what Golden said. People being complete a-holes to each other and getting too defensive about video game stuff. It is pathetic, honestly. I do agree that we should have our share of fun and serious consideration, but I feel what "professionalism" would allow for us that we can be playful and joke because we KNOW it is okay and we can understand eachother. I am not saying the lack of Debate Hallness of this place is bad (in fact, the Debate Hall freaking sucks), I don't care how much they look into crap or not. The quality of something can range from small to large depending on that, but the ONLY way to go about it WRONGLY is if you are raging about it or trying to look down on someone to feel better about yourself. Really, I am not trying to say that is right or wrong, but the people here don't want it, and it is clearly the only thing that not only doesn't contribute but can actually hold us back on both fun and serious discussion.

Another problem with this thread as of recently, IMO, is how people constantly feel the need to comment on how cyclic this thread can get, as if it's just the most insightful thing in the whole world or something. Look, everyone who posts here regularly knows how this thread can get at times. No need to keep repeating the same thing over and over. Instead of trying to play the role of the "voice of reason" of this thread by saying that or statements similar to it all of the time, why don't you just not post in this thread if the tendencies of the thread bothers you so much
The purpose of commenting on that aspect of the thread is twofold: to pick FUN with each other, and also has the SERIOUS aspect of reminding each other that we've done it before. As you say yourself, "No need to keep repeating the same thing over and over." If we were to stop posting in such times then nothing is going to get any better.

What --- says about finding a middle ground is perhaps a bad idea, if we find a middle ground, we will have a hard time figuring out who is serious and who is playing considering we are reading text on the internet. The flux of derpiness to seriousness to derpiness to seriousness is a necessary existence of this thread. My only point is that the rage isn't, and perhaps repeating the same topics isn't either.

Sometimes I wonder...
I shall remember that Lord ---. >__>

To balance out this dark post:

[COLLAPSE="lawls"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Spire

III
BRoomer
I dreamt that Lucas, Ike, ROB, Lucario, Snake, and one other character were cut. Many new characters were added including a Bomberman Assist Trophy. He drove a mech.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I had a much harder time getting all the stickers than I did getting all the trophies. I had all the trophies (excluding the one for getting all the stickers) about two years before I managed to get all the stickers. There were a half-dozen or so that no amount of runs through the SSE, CD factory-ing, or Coin Launcher-ing would get. And they weren't the 5 specific ones either. Overall stickers are easier to get, but not specific stickers, like Wizzrobe said. Of course, it might be different for everybody, but I found getting all the stickers much more frustrating and... difficult. (it's hard to blame difficulty when it's random chance).
I didn't say new ones were easy to get. I said in general, they're crap-easy to get. Should've specified. Also, I have more trouble getting new Trophies than new Stickers.

I would be fine if stickers didn't return in the next one, but I doubt they'll be gone. Especially in the 3DS, where the "RPG" element of stickers seems to be a focus.
I kind of like them, but as I said, reduce to one per character, that way, you can reference all kinds of Nintendo stuff. Even meh stuff like Quest 64. ;)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Lately I've been wondering about if certain bosses could have phases where you can only damage them with Final Smashes. But because not all Final Smashes are actual attacks, it may not work well, unless some adjustments are made; for one example, when you activate your Final Smash, you can only damage the boss once, and then it'll automatically end.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Dillion ain't a bad name, especially with the spelling.

Also, I HAD AN AWESOME IDEA!!!! What if you could transfer your STAGE BUILDER STAGES from Brawl to Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U=???

Mind=BLOWN!!! We could play on those awesome recreated Smash 64/Melee stages, on top of awesome created stages like this, hacks to play on the Wifi Waiting Room stage, EternalYoshi's fan made Poké Floats 2, the Arena at the beginning of the SSE, the Tabuu boss fight area, the (1st) Ridley boss fight area, that Jungle fight area from the SSE, the Project M hacks (making Hyrule Temple smaller, making Mario Circuit better, making Rumble Falls smaller and not moving, making Pokémon Stadium 2 not transform, making Wario Ware not transform, the fixed Green Hill Zone, the fixed Shadow Moses Island, etc), and other such hacked created stages.

Princess Peach's Castle 64, Congo Jungle 64, Hyrule Castle, Yoshi's Island, Dreamland, Sector Z, Saffron City, Mushroom Kingdom 64, Metal Crystal (the Metal Mario stage), Battlefield 64, Final Destination 64, and bunch of the Smash 64 debug/hack stages (the "How to Play" stage, the 2 Dreamland hack stages, etc.) from Smash 64.

Peach's Castle (Melee), Mushroom Kingdom (Melee), Mushroom Kingdom II, Kongo Jungle (Melee) (this one isn't as well done), Termania: Great Bay (all of them look pretty ugly thus far), Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Venom, Poké Floats (still not fully finished by anyone, but it's getting there), Mute City (still being worked on), Fourside (with the friggen UFO still! I played it on Project M, it rocked!), Flat Zone, Battlefield (Melee) Final Destination (Melee), and a bunch of the Melee debug/hacked stages (I don't know them that well, but there are at least a half dozen of them) from Melee.

Plus if that is possible, we could literally hack all of the Brawl stages and the 10 Melee returning stages (Rainbow Ride/Cruise, Kongo Jungle [Melee], Hyrule Temple, Brinstar [Melee], Yoshi's Island [Melee], Green Greens, Corneria, Pokémon Stadium, Big Blue, and Onett) into Smash Wii U and maybe Smash 3DS. CAN I GET A YEAHMEN FOR THE HACKING HACKERS!!! :shades:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
At least there will be new information in a few weeks to discuss, as opposed to just rehashing stuff like we normally do. Hopefully there might even be some Smash news (other than a name). ;)

After E3 passes we might will descend back into our cyclical discussions though.

I didn't say new ones were easy to get. I said in general, they're crap-easy to get. Should've specified. Also, I have more trouble getting new Trophies than new Stickers.
My bad, I misunderstood a little, but I do realize that the trophy/sticker "experience" is different for everyone. I agree that overall stickers are easier to get, though it sucks that usually you end up getting ones you have a couple dozen of already. :laugh:

I guess getting new stickers would be easier until you get to the point where the are very few to still get. Both phases would last longer than they do for trophies, because there are just so many stickers. Good point, I can see what you mean. I guess I forgot about the first phase since it happened so long ago for me. :dizzy:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Sadly, I couldn't find any good hacks of Brinstar 64, Brinstar Depths, or Infinite Glacier (none of them are that good of stages, though).

Also, the recreated Mute City stage in Brawl is in a really early beta version. It hasn't been released yet. As for Poké Floats in Brawl, it's about halfway complete. :bee:

A few of the Smash 64 and Melee debug/unfinished stages (but I know all of these such stages are in development, are nearly finished, or are finished).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Lately I've been wondering about if certain bosses could have phases where you can only damage them with Final Smashes. But because not all Final Smashes are actual attacks, it may not work well, unless some adjustments are made; for one example, when you activate your Final Smash, you can only damage the boss once, and then it'll automatically end.
This is an interesting idea. Some Final Smashes would need tweaking, but I could see it working, especially for like a final boss or something. Although maybe you could damage them normally, but needed a Final Smash to kill them. Otherwise you would need to keep getting Final Smashes, or have the FS kill them in one hit, which might be a little strange.

edit: Somehow passed over the phases part. My bad, still a good idea.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The only ones that aren't are Peach's, Cook Kirby(it could still do damage, though), and... was that it?

All the rest have attacking capabilities. Peach's could stun them, though. It'd be awesome and allow you to heal up.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
What if Cook Kirby was changed to Super Ability? Like, you'd randomly get one of the five super abilities from Kirby's Return To Dream Land to pulverize everything. Each one would function differently.

Super Abilities:

Flare Beam
Grand Hammer
Monster Flame
Snow Bowl
Ultra Sword

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/20/whats-noteworthy-about-wii-us-new-controller

Not sure if this had been posted. Basically an article examining the new Wii U design.

I seriously laughed out loud in the comments when I found the typical guy who pretends to Miyamoto, talking about his involvement, and then Sakurai comments it saying it will be awesome for the new Smash Brothers game and he is working on it. XD Also, Reggie commented afterwards haha.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
The purpose of commenting on that aspect of the thread is twofold: to pick FUN with each other, and also has the SERIOUS aspect of reminding each other that we've done it before. As you say yourself, "No need to keep repeating the same thing over and over." If we were to stop posting in such times then nothing is going to get any better.
If people didn't get it the first couple of times these kind of things have been said, then why would they get it now?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
No comments on my stage talk=????

My smash bros, if Stage Builder stages from Brawl are transferable, all the Smash 64 and Melee recreated stages as well as the on the disc new stages/Melee returning stages could be playable in Smash Wii U and/or Smash 3DS.

How is that not a hype-worthy thought=??? I is excited!!! Metal and I can get our Hyrule Castle Smash Wii U match on! :shades:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
But Metal, that is a defeatist's attitude. Besides, still doesn't change the fact that you too don't want people repeating themselves. And generally when you remind them, they typically DO stop in that particular instance and we move on.

And John, people don't like the stage builder from Brawl, so that is probably why no one is excited by the idea.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Who is this Metal that you speak of

@Holder- True. I guess I've just kinda become too content with this thread and its issues

The Poke Floats stage was planned for Brawl? Hell yeah

I want Peach's Castle and Great Bay back, goddammit :(

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
But Metal, that is a defeatist's attitude. Besides, still doesn't change the fact that you too don't want people repeating themselves. And generally when you remind them, they typically DO stop in that particular instance and we move on.
Understand that if you were here for a while you would get tired of this thread's cyclic pattern.

No comments on my stage talk=????

My smash bros, if Stage Builder stages from Brawl are transferable, all the Smash 64 and Melee recreated stages as well as the on the disc new stages/Melee returning stages could be playable in Smash Wii U and/or Smash 3DS.

How is that not a hype-worthy thought=??? I is excited!!! Metal and I can get our Hyrule Castle Smash Wii U match on! :shades:
In other words bring back the trophy stages!

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Yeah, it isn't really a big deal, just something I have noticed.

I also second Floats, Castle, and Great Bay, definitely good stuff. I also strangely miss the Kraid stage where you have to make sure you don't fall off the side as it spins. XD

And that's my point Iblis.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
allr-r-r-righty, so, what can we do with an L3 and R3 in smash bros 4? ideas?

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
L3 and R3 can go towards something to do with a bar, we need that added element of play.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
hahaha! true true... then again that can be circumvented via it being something nonessential

i want you to think outside of the box... think like a developer making something new.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What if Cook Kirby was changed to Super Ability? Like, you'd randomly get one of the five super abilities from Kirby's Return To Dream Land to pulverize everything. Each one would function differently.

Super Abilities:

Flare Beam
Grand Hammer
Monster Flame
Snow Bowl
Ultra Sword
I like that idea. I don't know what any but the Ultra Sword do, but it's pretty neat. :grin:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
The L3 and R3 buttons will not be incremeted,really.

Considering the wii remote will be usable.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Sakurai has said the remote will be used already?

At any rate I doubt we can speak so surely about that right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom