• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Again, how would Snake be an issue? It's not like he had to strike up a deal with Konami to get Snake in the game; Kojima was bugging Sakurai about it.

What WOULD be difficult, is making them "fit in", which is what Sakurai talks about in his answer about a Capcom character being in the new game.

EDIT: For Sonic, I can believe he had difficulty with negotiations, hence his late addition.
But you can't look me straight in the eye and say that Snake was difficult.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I've been wondering the same thing Berserker. Are we just stupid and missing something here? I also don't see them on the previous design.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Since the topic has come up, I think now is the perfect time to post this.

Smashchu's grand counter argument :)

Going to bed. I'm sure there are some flaws with the set up and what not, but that will be for another time.
I just looked it over (I'm a fast reader). I see what you mean now by "guest," I feel a little silly for not getting it earlier (or at least in the context you were getting at).

I'll probably add it to links thread to save for later, I've been planning out a good sized update to do when I get bored. ;)

Don't get me wrong though, I, like many other people, am still putting some money on some 3rd party characters.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Oh REALLY?
So are you going to tell me that Kojima ISN'T Vice President of Konami Digital Entertainment?
Or that Sakurai DIDN'T say Kojima "practically begged" him for Snake?

Don't be so full of yourself.
It's any wonder I haven't blocked you already. You've been putting me down ever since I denounced Krystal. In fact, I'm going to spare myself from listening to you say how I know nothing by blocking you now.
You're an idiot. Coming here saying Sakurai is LYING about how hard it is to add third parties. ****ing ******.

Golden, you SERIOUSLY, have no idea what youre talking about, so stop saying he's bull****ting it. You sound even stupider than usual lol.

D

Deleted member

Alright, I have read what SmashChu posted. While I get his point of view, all it's telling me is that I am right to believe that there is a strong possibility that Snake and Sonic will be the only guests.
Because again, taking out a character that someone worked hard to get in (Snake) and one that was heavily demanded by fans (Sonic) is a big middle finger. A much bigger one than taking out Mewtwo for time.
Oh and shortie, this place is for you.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
People, calm your minds.

We people here in the New Smash Bros for Wii U thread pride ourselves on our professionalism and intellect

which is what I'd like to say, but this place gets ugly a lot. Don't contribute to it anymore. I am beginning to understand why SSB4 speculators have such a bad rep outside of these walls. If veterans of this place are going to be of poor quality half the time, how are we going to expect anyone else to be? Because we all tend to expect that, now don't we?

I've been wondering the same thing Berserker. Are we just stupid and missing something here? I also don't see them on the previous design.
I also notice that the size of the stick at the bottom of the um... "Control pad?" was increased so I wouldn't really call it a circle pad anymore. It looks more like a normal control stick.

Like what you said, I did not see those buttons either in the previous design.

I read Chu's counter. Great read but I'm still putting a little money on the possibility of a third party. I'm not as supportive as others for 3rd parties. (Nathan Drake is an exception).

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
People, calm your minds.

We people here in the New Smash Bros for Wii U thread pride ourselves on our professionalism and intellect

which is what I'd like to say, but this place gets ugly a lot. Don't contribute to it anymore. I am beginning to understand why SSB4 speculators have such a bad rep outside of these walls. If veterans of this place are going to be of poor quality half the time, how are we going to expect anyone else to be? Because we all tend to expect that, now don't we?
Professionalism? Intellect? What are those? :laugh:

@Golden: One of those says "Why is Sora hated so much? What did he do?"
Simple. He mixed himself up with Disney. :awesome:

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
ugh! i didn't want to be in that page... why'd you link it!? my brain is burning.
(referring to the SSB4 GameFAQs page)

People, calm your minds.

Not all speculators have bad reps outside the thread. It's just that 4/5 of the time, this thread becomes a whirl pool of fanboy wars. It's not the speculators that get the bad look. It's the thread itself which is why it's dubbed as "The dark pit of the forum".

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
People, calm your minds.

I'd love to say something comforting, but I really can't, what you say is the truth.

I just hope I'm not in poor quality half the time as you say, I am lazy though.

D

Deleted member

Not all speculators have bad reps outside the thread. It's just that 4/5 of the time, this thread becomes a whirl pool of fanboy wars. It's not the speculators that get the bad look. It's the thread itself which is why it's dubbed as "The dark pit of the forum".
So we're the
of the fourm? :troll:

All kidding aside, this is not a laughing matter.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
^^^^ Best post of the day.

I'd love to say something comforting, but I really can't, what you say is the truth.

I just hope I'm not in poor quality half the time as you say, I am lazy though.
Are you kidding me? You're the worst one Triple Dash. GTFO.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
whew! and i thought i was high up top on the worst in the eye of the be Holder.

D

Deleted member

People, calm your minds.

Having been guilty of trying to carry out an argument for too long quite a few times, I see exactly where you're coming from. Ever since I come back, I have lost a lot of will to sit through argument that goes on and on. Speculation should be about clarifying our points and building on those things while showing respect towards other opinions, not turn into mini-wars where insults are thrown at one another and arguing until you're blue in the face.

This point can be modified to the rest of the fan base as the fan base is so divided and argues so much over everything. I fear this division will eventually take it's toll on the Smash fan base and I do not look forward to seeing it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Mewthree found his Achilles' Heel.

And yeah, Sonic was probably hard to get. So would any Non-Konami rep, really. For 3rd Parties, that is. I doubt there would be any trouble getting a Capcom rep outside of money agreements.

D

Deleted member

The funny thing is, we denounce places like Gamefaqs, yet other places probably denounce us the same way.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Hahah I was obviously kidding. You provide more information than anyone else does on here, and keep your head on your shoulders, probably better than myself. In fact, I think a lot of what I know now is from stuff you've posted in SSB4 discussion group.

@SSBF, yeah like any fanbase we have our issues. I'd say we are better than pretty much any other fanbase really. Just about anywhere else I look on the internet is either just ugly or plain dumb. Are only weakspots are the Melee vs Brawl fights (that have mostly died down, though I think a lot of people who stick with Melee have some bitterness that they felt like they had to stick to the GC Smash) and SSB4 debaters, because I mean we are the zenith of hype and as such we are the place where newcomers go to, that more often than not, aren't people who really know what they are talking about or think much about the series. The people who are even veterans around here still aren't that chill because as said before, this place is the apex of hype, people feel overly sensitive about this kind of stuff.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
denounce SmashBoards? the place where the great augustoflores posts?

funny thing about the GCN controller... while playing brawl... i noticed i played better with the WiiMote

onion? you mean Opinion?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Hahah I was obviously kidding. You provide more information than anyone else does on here, and keep your head on your shoulders, probably better than myself. In fact, I think a lot of what I know now is from stuff you've posted in SSB4 discussion group.

@SSBF, yeah like any fanbase we have our issues. I'd say we are better than pretty much any other fanbase really. Just about anywhere else I look on the internet is either just ugly or plain dumb. Are only weakspots are the Melee vs Brawl fights (that have mostly died down, though I think a lot of people who stick with Melee have some bitterness that they felt like they had to stick to the GC Smash) and SSB4 debaters, because I mean we are the zenith of hype and as such we are the place where newcomers go to, that more often than not, aren't people who really know what they are talking about or think much about the series. The people who are even veterans around here still aren't that chill because as said before, this place is the apex of hype, people feel overly sensitive about this kind of stuff.
We'd all probably be more knowledgeable and less argumentative if we had more info. Good thing E3 is coming fast.
Berserker: Right to an Onion? :olimar:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Well, I'm gonna go. I am like SO TIRED right now.

See you all later.

D

Deleted member

Oasis_Sleepless?
EDIT: I don't care what anyone says, this showdown should happen.

What do you guys think about these changes for the Wii U controller?
Wii U Controller Alterations Needed:

- Replace slide-pads with actual ANALOG sticks.
- Reposition analog sticks BELOW D-pad & ABXY buttons.
- Allow analog sticks to be CLICKABLE as L3 & R3 buttons.
- Modify L2 & R2 triggers to be PRESSURE sensitive.
- Remodel edges to actually FIT player's hands.
- Reduce the overall WIDTH of the controller's casing.
- Due to size, ADD grippable surfaces on back and edges.
- Allow for more than ONE Wii U controller to be used per system.

(From : IGN)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
What do you guys think about these changes for the Wii U controller?
Wii U Controller Alterations Needed:

- Replace slide-pads with actual ANALOG sticks.
- Reposition analog sticks BELOW D-pad & ABXY buttons.
- Allow analog sticks to be CLICKABLE as L3 & R3 buttons.
- Modify L2 & R2 triggers to be PRESSURE sensitive.
- Remodel edges to actually FIT player's hands.
- Reduce the overall WIDTH of the controller's casing.
- Due to size, ADD grippable surfaces on back and edges.
- Allow for more than ONE Wii U controller to be used per system.

(From : IGN)
These are all good suggestions. I think some are more dire than others, probably the ones that actually help you hold the controller. I think it wouldn't be as drastic if the others weren't changed, but it would be nice. Pressure sensitive triggers could possibly help get shielding back to what is was in Melee though. I might be in the minority here, but I really don't mind the analog sticks above the d-pad and buttons. I could go either way.

Plus I'd really like to have more than one tablet per system.

D

Deleted member

I'd have to actually use one before I can say what changes need to be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom