• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I exceed very well though with incharacterising remarkably well most of the characters I know in my fanfics.
It's fun isn't it?

Man, I really need to start writing again. Probably not fanfics though.

And finally something I can agree on with Heel: Duck Hunt Dog would indeed do much better job as a stage.

:phone:
Pffft, you agree with everything I say. :cool:

But seriously, you Smash in the field and ducks can come flying up and if the players don't hit any of them the dog can come up and laugh. Either that or a crosshair can come up and try to shoot them and you have to avoid the shots/misfires. That would seriously be kind of fun. And if built the first way I mentioned, it could be tournament viable. I'd pick that stage everytime. XD

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
If Duck Hunt Dog became the new "useless trophy"...

Starfy's been definitely given a PRRRROOOOMOTION!
(-∞-)

Holder: Indeed it is. And satisfying...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Also, I agree on your last post a few posts up... except Melee and Smash 64 stages should keep their classic graphics. Also, I want the break the target and board the platforms modes for each specific character to be playable by all characters once you beat them all. That would be a kick bootie feature! :shades:
I don't think that would work very well, especially considering that in Ness's case, some targets require the use of PK Thunder, which would be impossible to break with anyone else.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
But seriously, you Smash in the field and ducks can come flying up and if the players don't hit any of them the dog can come up and laugh. Either that or a crosshair can come up and try to shoot them and you have to avoid the shots/misfires. That would seriously be kind of fun. And if built the first way I mentioned, it could be tournament viable. I'd pick that stage everytime. XD
Duck Hunt would make for a great stage not a character.

"waits for Arcadenik or SSBF to disagree"

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I would love to see an actual Fire Emblem stage from an actual Fire Emblem location! :cool:
I don't think Nintendo would ever allow on disc DLC, especially for a huge first party title. Especially after the uproar with Capcom fans
There's a difference between what Capcom did with Street Fighter X Tekken and if say Nintendo had DLC characters out of... say... the "Forbidden 7" in Brawl (incomplete but don't require a lot of memory to add on to).

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Midna and Zant... I have forgotten so many details about it, and I liked them a lot more than Groose, Ghirahim, and really every other character in Skyward Sword are forgettable.

Actually the more I think about it, the more I realize that I think that Zelda games up to Phantom Hourglass had better characters by far than the newer Zelda games' characters.

@ Metal
If it's mostly just incomplete data (again, like the "Forbidden 7"), then I don't think most of us would mind buying it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Zant was an amusing villain though. First he acted so menacing, cool, and collected, but then, he turns into an immature maniac, who will do anything to get what he desires.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Midna and Zant... I have forgotten so many details about it, and I liked them a lot more than Groose, Ghirahim, and really every other character in Skyward Sword are forgettable.

Actually the more I think about it, the more I realize that I think that Zelda games up to Phantom Hourglass had better characters by far than the newer Zelda games' characters.

@ Metal
If it's mostly just incomplete data (again, like the "Forbidden 7"), then I don't think most of us would mind buying it.
Impa? :troll:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Yeah, I'd pay a wad of money for SSB4 content, not going to lie.

Zant had no character build up. He was just kind of this guy that you find out that wants power and that he is all weird right before he dies. I mean, I like him too, but he wasn't treated justly. That entire realm wasn't done justice.

Though I do agree with Midna > Fi, just cus. I like Fi, don't get me wrong, just Midna was pretty great. Probably the best Link sidekick next to

[COLLAPSE="Ezlo"]
[/COLLAPSE]

yani

Smash Lord
Another rumor going around that Retro is doing Starfox Wii U. This one says it will be at e3 but not ready for launch.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
^^Not much of a rumor IMO. Retro already said in an interview a while back that their next game would be a "barrel roll."

I would love to see an actual Fire Emblem stage from an actual Fire Emblem location! :cool:
I'm currently working on one/revamping one. ;)

I also just found out one of my favorite FE songs made it into Awakening. :D

@Star: I just saw this, looked interesting. They had a few similar ideas to some stage concepts we've done. I'm especially surprised they had the same idea for a MM stage as I did (I thought I had an original idea going on with it). lol

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Didn't somebody from Nintendo say any on-disc DLC would be free a LONG time ago?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Oh man, Fi was so...

Don't even get me started.

She's like Omochao's Best Friend Forever.

Though she dances so pretty on those fountains that my nose bleeds. (-=¡¡=-)

And... those legs...

should be cut. Her head too.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599

There's a difference between what Capcom did with Street Fighter X Tekken and if say Nintendo had DLC characters out of... say... the "Forbidden 7" in Brawl (incomplete but don't require a lot of memory to add on to).
if the forbidden 7 were in, they would have been default/hidden, since they had no DLC on any of their games at the time.

SFxT's DLC is already there, and you have to unlock it.

on the topic of DLC, can people stop acting like EVERY game has DLC on disc now? even Capcom doesn't do that with all their games(Asura's wrath DLC, for example.)

Didn't somebody from Nintendo say any on-disc DLC would be free a LONG time ago?
It has been free for a long time. though then it was special event pokemon.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I would pay for incomplete data on a disc, definitely.
if the forbidden 7 were in, they would have been default/hidden, since they had no DLC on any of their games at the time.

SFxT's DLC is already there, and you have to unlock it.
Again, if it costs money for say the Forbidden 7 (which is incomplete data), I would be okay to buy it (because it is incomplete and it costs money to work on it).
Another rumor going around that Retro is doing Starfox Wii U. This one says it will be at e3 but not ready for launch.
They said they would be making another kind of "Barrel Roll" after DKC Returns.

Also, Fi is short for SATAN!!!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Oh man, Fi was so...

Don't even get me started.

She's like Omochao's Best Friend Forever.

Though she dances so pretty on those fountains that my nose bleeds. (-=¡¡=-)

And... those legs...

should be cut. Her head too.
It can be annoying when you're doing something, and just like that, your helper gives you advice that you don't even want.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Fi's fountain dances though...
Enough to make me nosebleed.
(-=¡¡=-);

And I'd buy those clean shiny legs for millions. I'd have them as my personal "samurai's treasures".

Holder: Maybe in Sonic Advance 3 only (where you could use him only optionally by picking up those Omochao-statues)

And yes, abusement! XD

D

Deleted member

--- said:
Duck Hunt would make for a great stage not a character.

"waits for Arcadenik or SSBF to disagree"
I agree on the stage part, not on the character part.

That said, I don't care if Duck Hunt Dog doesn't make it in, even if I do support it. The only specific exclusions that would disappoint me are Mega Man and King K. Rool and the only specific inclusion that has a real shot that I would be disappointed with is Zoroark (I will never be satisfied with him).

And I thought there was a rumor on Metroid as well. While I doubt a Star Fox rumor, it'd be awesome to have it in HD (and no, it doesn't raise Krystal's chances). That and F-zero are my two most wanted games for sequels.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I don't doubt Retro Studios making a new Star Fox, because it came straight from the Horse's Mouth. Retro Studios also got some guys who made the Uncharted series (which is a MIND-BLOWING SERIES!).

Also, a Duck Hunt Dog... is literally the worst continuing supported character idea I continue to hear. Seriously, if you play as anybody, it should be the guy with the GUN!!!

On a not-so-unrelated note, the Miis should have the NES/Wii (U?) Zapper! :cool:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
This is the perfect character for Smash...
VVVVVVVVVVV

SLIPPY TOAD!
Slippy: I'm not totally worthless Fox. Remember, I shot down that one enemy on Corneria.
Falco: I shot him down, Slips.
Slippy: WELL I SHOT HIM DOWN AFTER YOU SHOT HIM DOWN!
Falco: So you shot him down while he was down Slips?
Slippy: HELP ME FOX!!! THEY'RE ALL OVER ME!!!

/true facts! :shades:
One other interesting note is that apparently Xenoblade Chronicles has sold more copies in the NA region than Japan or Europe. Wow.
Best. Marketing. Ever. Make fans want it, which makes them hyped more with lower expectations, then surprise them with "yes," and then release it with some more content, make us love the company more, and make $50 off us. Genius. Just genius. This is a great example of perfect "customer satisfaction."

D

Deleted member

You want a staff?
There's a nice green haired goddess with a staff. I hear she's a much better character than the blue space fox who's only purpose is sex appeal to furries.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The difference is the sex appeal we got from Paletuna (in the anime) via a hot tub/hot springs (I don't know, as I haven't seen it).

Thankfully, we have never gotten that from Krystal. :laugh:

Still, this is what happens when awkward young going through puberty perverted teenagers draw on the internet! :urg:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
The difference is the sex appeal we got from Paletuna (in the anime) via a hot tub/hot springs (I don't know, as I haven't seen it).

Still, this is what happens when awkward young going through puberty perverted teenagers draw on the internet! :urg:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAA9vL5bgC0

you have now.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

Well, that's an anime special; it doesn't count for anything, remember? :troll:

And then there's Krystal. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom