• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
@Metal: You know the boss on Mt. Battle? The one with Shadow Entei? For some reason, he reminds me of Alder from Black and White. :laugh:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
@Metal: You know the boss on Mt. Battle? The one with Shadow Entei? For some reason, he reminds me of Alder from Black and White. :laugh:
That is the one battle I remember. It was brutal because he would set up Protect > Earthquake and then the next turn the other would use Protect then another Earthquake. =___=

Also, my reaction if Daisy gets in

It would make my gorge rise.
Like Groose's pompadour. :awesome:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Hyper: I'm sure it wasn't time that would've been the issue for Wario in Melee...
Again, it was the 6 clones vs. another original character. Most likely Dedede.
Depends if he planned more than one extra character. He did think about Pit, so it's probably those two.

Not that Wario wasn't possibly thought about.

Overall, my point was that there may have been enough time for less clones, although I'm glad with who we got anyway. :)

@Johnknight1: Waluigi is playable in real Nintendo games. Plain and simple. At worst, he might be a second party character, but who cares about that? Mario Karty/Party/Golf/Tennis/Etc. are popular and real Mario games. Stop letting your bias IGNORE facts.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
"Waluigi Time" is from Double Dash=??? (link=???)

That shows (yet again) how much I don't like or care about that game! :laugh:

I also thought "Hi, I'm Daisy" is from Mario Party 4.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Poppy- Haha, you mean Cipher Admin Dakim? Lol, I remember him, too (Miror B is still da best, though)

You got a really, REALLY great point there, John. At the beginning, when Wes saved Rui, I didn't really like how she just chose to go with Wes without much hesitation even though they had just met and she knew about his past history (working with a criminal organization). Still though, I'm probably THE biggest fan of Wes and Rui you'll ever met (I'm still kinda butthurt that they weren't in Pokemon XD, I admit)

D

Deleted member

He also said that his favorite character for "Smash 2" was Mach Rider.

@JohnKnight: I haven't played any Mario Party, but I know that Waluigi says Waluigi Time when you switch him out as the backseat character, and Daisy says Hi I'm Daisy when she's made the backseat driver.

Other characters have other quotes. One in particular that is quite funny is Baby Luigi. "Uh oh! Baby Weegee Time!" Yes. Baby Weegee.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
The only, ONLY thing Daisy is good for is Daisy's Cruiser in Mario Kart Double Dash. Seriously both that course and its music is dope as hell

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah, Wes should have had an actual story of redemption told through his actions.

Rui should have had a story of bravery.

Also, good voice acting in that game would have made it better.

Speaking of which, I would love to see them return in a new Pokémon game (lol Black and White 3). ?I felt like those were two (at least semi-) deep characters that could have future plot relevance/impact on future Pokémon games. Plus it would be an awesome concept to play as 2 Trainers in a Pokémon game.

@ Golden
Okay. That makes sense. "Baby Weegee Time"=??? REALLY NINTENDO=??? :embarrass:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Whenever most Brawl characters talk with actual voice actors (save for Samus, Meta Knight, Snake, and characters who say like 3 words), a puppy cries. :(

Don't make puppy cries Sakurai and co. ;)

D

Deleted member

Bowser talking.
NEVER AGAIN.

Unless it's his King Koopa voice. We all liked King Koopa, right?

D

Deleted member

Yeah, that's King Koopa. We all liked King Koopa.

But no. I'm talking Super Mario Sunshine....where he sounded like Spike from Tom and Jerry...

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
It's definitely better when Bowser doesn't have a voice but i didn't really mind it in Mario Sunshine. Didn't really bother me.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I hope F-Zero Wii U if it happens has better voice acting (and while we're at it, better Master Class/profile videos, meaning no ****ing videos like the Mrs Arrow one or the Gomar and Shioh one)

:phone:

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I hope F-Zero Wii U if it happens has better voice acting (and while we're at it, better Master Class/profile videos, meaning no ****ing videos like the Mrs Arrow one or the Gomar and Shioh one)

[glow]Yoooo I'm dieing with want for an F-zero Wii U. yes, good voice acting would be good, I thought that Falcon had a good voice actor in F-zero GX though.[/glow]

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I want this for Smash:

1 New Mario/Yoshi character (Toad/Junior/Kamek)
1 New Wario character (Mona/Syrup)
2 New Donkey Kong characters (Dixie/K. Rool)
1 New Legend Of Zelda Character (Ghirahim/Tingle)
1 New Kirby character (Bandana Dee)
1 -2 New Pokemon charactes (Zoroark/Mewtwo/Genesect)
1 New Metroid character (Ridley)
1 New StarFox character (Krystal)
1 New F-Zero character (Shadow/Goroh)
1 New Fire Emblem Character (Krom/Roy/Micaiah)
1 New Kid Icarus Character (Palutena/Medusa)
4 New franchises (Mac/Shulk/Saki/MiyamotoIP/Takamaru/Mii/Slime/Megaman/Layton)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What were you guys talking about Religion for...

And not hailing the savior of the mushroom kingdom, therefor the savior of all of video games!

The one who rose to the heavens and promised to return when the world was once again in danger

Geno

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Since I've yet to contribute an SSBU roster and have recently made one for Toise's betting thread, I may as well get a critique of it here as well.

ROSTER:

Every character from Brawl EXCEPT:

--Lucario
--Ike
--Wolf (a WTF choice for a cut, but I have a gut feeling he'll be one of the last characters programmed, and a possible sacrifice should a last-minute character be included)

Newcomers:
--K. Rool
--Ridley
--Bowser Jr.
--Palutena
--Little Mac
--Krystal
--Mewtwo
--Roy
--Krom
--New, heavily-promoted humanoid anthromorphic 'face' of the latest generation of Pokemon (most likely 6th)
--Samurai Goroh
--Saki
--WTF character tossed around the boards somewhat rarely, one known to the community as an option, albeit one not taken very seriously (detailed enough?)
--Megaman

36 veterans, 14 newcomers (counting Mewtwo/Roy as newcomers here; 38 veterans, 12 newcomers otherwise).

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Geno is the savior of stars and dreams.

Mario is the savior of the mushroom kingdom. :smirk:

Also, Luigi is the savior of a mansion. :awesome:

Wario is the savior of garlic. :wario:

Waluigi is the savior of filler. :troll:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I can't decide who's the sexiest potential newcomer, Zoroark, Dillon, or Masked Man?

And that WTF description will not be enough Kupa. I would just pick a retro you think will get in instead.

Do you guys think Geno still has a shot at getting in Sm4sh?
It's possible, but I'm not betting on it.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Here's the moveset for Duck Hunt Dog.

[COLLAPSE="Normal Moves"]A+A+A
The dog bites two times and then chases his tail around once.

Side+A
The dog grabs a duck by its neck and swings it around like a rubber chicken.

Up+A
The dog tosses a duck up in the air. The duck spins in place and pecks enemies around.

Down+A
The dog crouches and scratches in front of him. This move can cause the opponent to trip.

Running A
The dog runs on all fours. The duck lunges over the dog's head and pecks repeatedly.[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Smash Moves"]Smash Side+A
The dog points his finger to the side, directing the hunter, the person playing Duck Hunt with the Zapper, to shoot there. The gunfire explosion appears just beyond the tip of the dog's finger.

Smash Up+A
The dog points his finger above his head, directing the hunter to shoot there. The hunter from the fourth wall shoots just above the tip of the dog's finger.

Smash Down+A
The dog points his finger down at the opponent's feet, goading the Duck Hunt player to "make them dance". Gunfire explosions appear on the ground just beyond the dog's finger.[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Aerial Moves"]Air A
The dog tosses a duck in the air. The duck quickly flies around the dog, pecking nearby enemies.

Air Forward+A
The duck lunges out over the dog's back and pecks repeatedly.

Air Back+A
The dog does a quick back flip and as the dog is turning upside down, a duck quickly lunges out to peck. This one is useful as a Meteor Smash.

Air Up+A
The dog holds onto two ducks by their feet. The ducks flap wildly, attacking nearby enemies with their wings.

Air Down+A
This is a stall-then-fall move where the dog pounces on an opponent and they fall down to the ground together with the dog on top.[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Throws"]Grab
The dog uses his chain leash to reel in an opponent. The leash can also be used as a tether recovery if needed.

Pummel
The dog holds the opponent by their necks and bites them in the face.

Forward Throw
The dog bites the opponent and shakes his head like the opponent is a rag toy and then tosses them away.

Back Throw
The dog uses his chain leash to whip the opponent overhead behind him.

Up Throw
The dog gives the opponent a heave-ho and then two ducks carry the opponent before the duck hunter shoots the opponent down.

Down Throw
The dog pounces and then mauls the opponent.[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Special Moves"]B: Trick Shooting
This is based on how the second player is able to control the duck with the NES controller plugged into the P2 controller port. The dog pulls out a duck and the duck begins flying. As long as you hold down the B button, you retain control of the duck's flight path with the control stick but the dog is immobile during the flight. When you want the Duck Hunt player to shoot down the duck, simply release the B button. This move is useful for shooting out-of-reach enemies above or below solid platforms - for example, the dog is on the bottom side of Spear Pillar and Pikachu is on the top side of said stage. Guiding a duck from the bottom side to the top side and releasing the B button near Pikachu would hurt Pikachu when it is caught in a powerful gunfire explosion. Very tricky, indeed.

Side+B: Clay Shooting
This is based on the Clay Shooting mode in Duck Hunt. The dog tosses a clay pigeon like the magician and the bunny girl did in Barker Bill's Trick Shooting. You can control the trajectory of the clay pigeon with the control stick. The person who is playing Duck Hunt from the fourth wall shoots the clay pigeon when it collides with an opponent. This is a simple projectile attack with excellent range and decent knockback.

Up+B: Fly Away
The dog pulls out two ducks and hangs on to their feet. The three of them then fly away together. When the dog is flying with two ducks, his flight is speedy and lasts longer. When the dog gets hit while flying with two ducks, he loses one duck. When the dog is flying with only one duck, his flight is slower and lasts shorter. When the dog gets hit while flying with one duck, he loses it and he is unable to fly again until he lands on the ground. When the dog is flying, you can control the flight path with the control stick.

Down+B: Laugh
Many people always wanted to shoot the dog for laughing at them. How is this translated into a Smash move? First, the dog faces the screen and laughs when you press Down+B. As soon the dog laughs, the hunter from the fourth wall immediately shoots the dog. Now, what makes this move a high-risk, high-reward move is that if the dog is overlapping with an opponent when he is laughing... that opponent suffers an one-hit KO because the duck hunter shot that character instead of the dog. If the dog is not overlapping with an opponent and he is laughing... well, he suffers 10% damage and gets stunned for a second. This technique is not recommended for beginners.

Final Smash: Open Season
This move lets you play as the person who is playing Duck Hunt. You are given three shots, just like in the original game, and each shot can one-hit KO enemies if your aim is good. The NES Zapper appears out in front of the screen along with the crosshairs that you control with the control stick. Press the B button when you want to shoot your opponent. Sounds easy, right? Wrong. Dozens of ducks are flying back and forth all over the stage, making it difficult for you to aim at the enemies. If an opponent is shot, the dog appears out from the grass holding that opponent. If you failed to shoot an opponent, the dog laughs at you when the Final Smash ends and then you retain control of the dog.[/COLLAPSE]

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@BKupa666: Alright I've posted it in the discussion group for ya. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom