• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Either way, both fans' creepy perverted fan bases need to die! Then, the world will be a better place! :grin:
I don't like Krystal. Just saiyan.

And I don't THINK I'm in Palutena's creepy fanbase. I want Palutena in because she's funny, wields a staff, and shows battle capabilities against Pit, which COULD give her a few moves in her moveset.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Paletuna has a creepy fan base, but at least she's funny, has a unique personality, and adds a certain "spice" to Smash.

Krystal... meah.

Personally though, I think a lot of their fans couldn't get a girl to save their lives. Hoes need to show 'dem women all their Melee accomplishments. :shades:

D

Deleted member

I want Palutena because apparently, I'm not getting Magnus or Hades.

And I guess because Palutena is essentially the Zelda of her series.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Golden
That's another good reason. I mean, Paletuna's name is in the title of Kid Icarus (in Japan).

However, I still don't see either Krystal or Paletuna as particularly likely playable characters.

The most likely female for Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS I've always felt has been Dixie Kong, because she's a BAMF! :shades:

:dk:

D

Deleted member

I don't see Krystal likely, but I do see Palutena very likely unless Sakurai goes his "modest" route again and waits until the next Smash.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I want Palutena because apparently, I'm not getting Magnus or Hades.

And I guess because Palutena is essentially the Zelda of her series.
I just realized how good of an analogy that is.

Both have been the damsels in distress before.
Both represent the light side of the world.
Both are namesakes of their series, since Kid Icarus is Palutena's Mirror in Japan.
And isn't Zelda the descendant of a goddess?

Mind = Blown.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I want BOTH Palutena and Hades. With Medusa as a boss and Magnus as an AT.

Then we need a Chaos realm stage where the stage goes through rips in the dimensions through the Chaos realm visiting all of the interesting places in Uprising.

I'm a genius.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So is it safe to say that Mario, Fox, and Kirby are the Zelda of their series=??? I mean, it is called Super Mario, Star Fox, and Kirby's Dreamland.

:awesome:

Edit: I read the hundreds of posts since I last posted a few days, and it seems we're talking more and more crap than we have since the last few weeks of awesome news. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

So is it safe to say that Mario, Fox, and Kirby are the Zelda of their series=??? I mean, it is called Super Mario, Star Fox, and Kirby's Dreamland.
It goes more than that.
Fox, Mario, and Kirby are the main heroes.
Link is the main hero, but Zelda is the namesake.
Likewise, in Japan, Pit is the hero, but Palutena is the namesake.

That, and the connections that Poppy mentioned.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So when does this theory discussion goes into a Dream inside a Dream inside a Dream inside a Dream inside of a pickle=???

:shades:

Also, more "Entei and Suicune needs to return as Pokéball Pokémon" discussion is needed! :laugh:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I agree on the stage part, not on the character part.

That said, I don't care if Duck Hunt Dog doesn't make it in, even if I do support it. The only specific exclusions that would disappoint me are Mega Man and King K. Rool and the only specific inclusion that has a real shot that I would be disappointed with is Zoroark (I will never be satisfied with him).

And I thought there was a rumor on Metroid as well. While I doubt a Star Fox rumor, it'd be awesome to have it in HD (and no, it doesn't raise Krystal's chances). That and F-zero are my two most wanted games for sequels.
Sorry, I'm just poking fun because you had Mr. Peepers on your roster. :p

Personally I'd believe the Star Fox rumor more than the rest, Retro did say "barrel rolls" would be in their next game.

D

Deleted member

So when does this theory discussion goes into a Dream inside a Dream inside a Dream inside a Dream inside of a pickle=???

:shades:

Also, more "Entei and Suicune needs to return as Pokéball Pokémon" discussion is needed! :laugh:
Entei needs to be playable. :troll:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
We need to have the diverse selection of pokemon in the pokeballs that we had in melee. Brawl pokeballs were ****.

Everytime I used one I heard, "Gardevior~"

=____=

I DON'T WANT YOUR STUPID SHIELD!

Swear one match I had several Gardeviors shielding the stage.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Maybe in a :troll: move, the Barrel Rolls will be Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong flying team Star Fox Donkey Kong flying an Arwing Barrel Machine of Death! :awesome:

And then they jump out onto K. Rool's new base of operations on the moon! :shades:

:dk:

Also, Entei should be an alternate outfit for Wario! :troll:

D

Deleted member

Maybe in a :troll: move, the Barrel Rolls will be Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong flying team Star Fox Donkey Kong flying an Arwing Barrel Machine of Death! :awesome:

Also, Entei should be an alternate outfit for Wario! :troll:
Are you saying that because my main is Wario? :bee:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
No, because Wario has the funniest crawl Golden! ;) <<< Not sexual

(and now you think that wink was sexual)

(my plan is complete!)

*goes back to K. Rool's secret base of operations on the moon.*

D

Deleted member

No, because Wario has the funniest crawl Golden! ;) <<< Not sexual

(and now you think that wink was sexual)

(my plan is complete!)

*goes back to K. Rool's secret base of operations on the moon.
I see. I thought you were trying to connect my main and one of my favorite Pokemon...
@Metal: Nah, I loved it too. Only problem was after you beat it, there was literally nothing to do. (And by beat, I mean snag and purify all the Shadow Pokemon and obtain Ho-Oh.)

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Sounds just like Mario to me. Wait, I find him even more boring. Opinions much?

Sakurai gives no crap about that. I mean, why would he care? R.O.B. is only playable in spin-offs. Should he have not been added?

The spin-off argument is terrible. Dr. Mario was chosen over Wario as a clone despite being spin-off only. See the problem here? We have spin-off characters in already.
1. I really don't see how Mario is generic. But I'll give you that one since it's your opinion.
2. Waluigi's only purpose in his 10+ years of existence in the Mario universe is being Wario's tennis doubles partner and copilot. Not much else really.
3. R.O.B. was a peripheral which you had to use to play Gyromite and Stacking (w/e the games were called). R.O.B. was one of Nintendo's biggest innovations/gimmicks of the time. Plus R.O.B. has made cameos in several modern games and lent itself quite well to Subspace imo.
4. Dr. Mario was only included the way he was because the devs had to rush game completion iirc. Had the team had more time for completion we may have gotten another character.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Pokemon Coliseum REALLY disappointed me. I thought it was going to be a bigger and better Pokemon Stadium game. The story was kay but I didn't have my minigames and didn't have a mode where I can pick pokemon and play matches with them..

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
My thoughts on Pokémon Coliseum:
-Great battles.
-Cool bosses.
-Loved the areas.
-The animation was good.
-Love the coliseum battle modes.
-TOO SHORT!
-Not enough areas. Seriously, it should have had at least 6 more cities, and all kinds of roads and routes to these cities.
-Story was sometimes silly. The ending was silly. Seriously, you should have at least tapped dat chick, or figured out how her story ends! :laugh:
-No wild Pokémon or wild areas was a huge negative IMO.
-Not enough Pokémon.
-Excellent options for multiplayer and challenges.
-Incredible music. No really. The music in Pokémon Coliseum was great.

D

Deleted member

1. I really don't see how Mario is generic. But I'll give you that one since it's your opinion. He's just bland, which is what he's getting at. Waluigi may have been a spin-off exclusive for years, but he has shown to be much more interesting than the stoic Mario.
2. Waluigi's only purpose in his 10+ years of existence in the Mario universe is being Wario's tennis doubles partner and copilot. Not much else really. He's been a main villain twice. They may have been spin-offs, but it's more than being "Wario's copilot". (And even then, Wario only cheats when Waluigi is with him.)
3. R.O.B. was a peripheral which you had to use to play Gyromite and Stacking (w/e the games were called). R.O.B. was one of Nintendo's biggest innovations/gimmicks of the time. Plus R.O.B. has made cameos in several modern games and lent itself quite well to Subspace imo. Still doesn't deter that R.O.B. is a spin-off guy. Not only that, but he wasn't a character to being with. He was a peripheral.
4. Dr. Mario was only included the way he was because the devs had to rush game completion iirc. Had the team had more time for completion we may have gotten another character. Wrong. Sakurai had EXTRA time, so he added more characters as he felt 20 was too little.
The time for Waas has come.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I thought the game was just refreshing compared to other Pokemon games

Not only did I really like the whole Shadow Pokemon angle of the game, I also loved how you got to play as a more seasoned Pokemon trainer instead of just a little boy. And I really liked the more mature atmosphere of the game, especially places like Pyrite Town and The Under

Like John said though, it was short with not enough areas and Pokemon and the ending was a bit silly, too (still not as silly as Pokemon XD's ending, IMO), but I still liked the story a lot. The only protagonists that compare to Wes (main character) and Rui (the girl that followed you) for me, IMHO, is mother****ing Ash and Misty and Brock. Oh, and Red, of course. I'm probably just biased though because Rui reminds me of Misty

Overall though, I don't give a **** what anyone says, it's definitely one of my favorite Pokemon games ever

D

Deleted member

@Johnknight: :wario: What's the one for Overalls Wario?

@automatic: It would've been the 6 clones vs. most likely Dedede. Pick your poison. Less characters vs. clones.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
GY replied better than I could.

Also, as I said, he would've chosen Wario if he had enough time to make him. Wario would've required more than a skin and a small bout of differences, perhaps.

Also, why should Wario ever been a clone? You missed the point of what I said. "Spinoff characters are in Smash". That's what I said.

I did not say that R.O.B. was unimportant at all. Hell, what does that have to do with anything? He's still a spin-off only character.

No, at best it just proves that Waluigi isn't that important, which I agree with.

D

Deleted member

As a Waluigi fan, even I admit that Waluigi just isn't important.

But he sure as Hell is much more interesting of a character than most candidates. :smirk:

@Hyper: I'm sure it wasn't time that would've been the issue for Wario in Melee...
Again, it was the 6 clones vs. another original character. Most likely Dedede.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
LOL, pretty much Metal.

The girl was pointless after a certain point. They didn't develop the main character at all, or his relationship with the girl. They could have been friends, siblings, or whatever. I just wish the characters got more in depth, the story got more in depth, the Pokémon's story should go more in depth, the locations got more in depth (let us go into every building ever), and really if the game was "mature" it should have remained "mature."

Also, Daisy > Waluigi. COME AT ME SMASH BRO! :shades:

D

Deleted member

Waluigi Time! > Hi I'm Daisy!

Except when I feel like trolling with Daisy and Birdo in Double Dash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom