• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Lol I like how I remind people of all these negative things. Am I really that bad a person? XD

Oasis my name in boxing/wrestling games is usually "Hero". But next time I'll go for bruising bomber just for you =P.

The control issue was seriously exaggerated IMO. I mean yea for like a level or two it was ackward but now it's nothing. And I know a few people who picked up the controls instantaneously.

:phone:

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
No, Uprising was a fast-paced game that needed fast-paced controls. Dual analog would've been infuriatingly unprecise.

Sakruai doesn't think he got it right, he did get it right. I admit it's uncomfortable at first, but after a couple weeks of playing I am 100% acclimated to it.

The controls are fine, which is apparently one of the game's best-kept secrets.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
L-Targetting would have been overpowered in versus mode though, you could target someone and just mow them down. Aiming/Dodging is half the battle if not most of it. That is why the one ability that you can use that temporarily locks onto enemies is one of the best.
But at the same time, they could do the same thing to you. You aren't only the overpowered one here.... the other players are as well... and it would have forced you all to stop L-targeting and hide from each other and come up with a better strategy to L-target them without them doing the same to you.

How's the controls like in the multiplayer mode in Star Fox 64 3D? Would it have worked better for Uprising?

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Not if you used transparency/reflect barrier/ Pisces heal/many of the other abilities. The multiplayer would just devolve into who picked the better abilities or whoever had the highest defense/health.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Speaking of Pices Heal, where is the goddammed thing? I just cannot find it.

Also, I'm kind of sad that my astrological sign's ability (Libra Sponge) isn't very awesome. I mean, it works kinda well, but it would've been nice if there were a damage buffer so that absorbing enemy fire didn't kill me before I could use it to my advantage.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
chapter 24 iirc. At the point when you can start going up the stairs- go backwards down the stairs
Sorry if that sounds confusing, I only played the level once.
I got the Capricorn club for my sign weapon which isn't too bad.

@metal
Mugen (無限 (ムゲン)?) is a 19-year-old man and was born in a penal colony on the Ryukyu Islands, which, in the Edo period was a separate kingdom with close ties to Japan's Satsuma domain. Incidentally, he writes his name using the infinity symbol (∞), a pun on his name, '無限' which is a homophone of the Japanese word for eternity. His Japanese is quite rough and "Yankī"; and he is illiterate until later in the show. Little is known about Mugen's childhood and he states that it has been a long time since he can remember what it is like to have parents in episode 20, "Elegy of Entrapment, Verse 1." The blue tattoos on his wrists and ankles indicate that he was once in prison.[citation needed] The circumstances of his imprisonment are initially unclear, but it is later verified that he was to be executed for engaging in piracy.

Rude, lewd, vulgar, and nihilistic, Mugen is something of an antihero. He is fond of fighting and has a tendency to pick fights for petty reasons. In several episodes it is made clear that Mugen is a womanizer, and his libido often gets the better of him. Character designer Kazuto Nakazawa stated in an interview: "When I was doing character design, the most difficult one was Mugen, as I expected. I'm pretty sure that as far as the director's image went, he probably was thinking of someone like a 'rapper who acts like a bad guy.' But the way Mugen acts is relatively based on his core conviction."[1]
Majority of it is negative XD. Although I do like the womanizer part

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
But at the same time, they could do the same thing to you. You aren't only the overpowered one here.... the other players are as well... and it would have forced you all to stop L-targeting and hide from each other and come up with a better strategy to L-target them without them doing the same to you.

How's the controls like in the multiplayer mode in Star Fox 64 3D? Would it have worked better for Uprising?
I see what you mean, but you have to remember that there are certain weapons that are much stronger that are balanced by being harder to hit with. Allowing hits to lock on can give you the advantage over weaker weapons that are rapid and/or homing. People could still try to dodge, but it'd be a lot harder to avoid it all.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Everyone's getting off topic. This is supposed to be about Smash 4, not Uprising or Awakening or SF643D. Also, my friend brought up a valid point with the inclusion of Fossil Fighter as a 2nd party char. He could work like PT, using T-Rex, Triceratops, and Velociraptor. As a final smash, their Zombie forms. Also, Ray MKI as a playable character.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
You don't be knowing son, Wikipedia is the answer to life. It's like my bible.

Fossil fighter characters would be cool but I wouldn't want to see one ahead of my favorite second party- Isaac.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Glee Club from Rhythm Heaven would make a fine Assist Trophy, right? Someone from this thread came up with the idea and I liked it a lot.
Every time I see Glee, I wanna read it as Gee which makes me think of:

Also, no, Ryu is beyond boring as hell and should never be in Smash. Not only are all his moves done with Mario/Luigi/Dr. Mario(for the most part), he adds nothing new, would be shoe-horned in, is beyond overused, and oh, he's not that cool.

If I had to accept a Street Fighter character, it'd either be M. Bison or Akuma.

Akuma atleast had a goddamn personality and did more than just being a boring hero. He was also popular, and definitely OP. There's a reason why he's chosen often.
Honestly, I think you could have a content in blandest personality with Ryu and Akuma and it'd be hard to tell really. It's more of which bland do you tolerate.

And how do you know Ryu wouldn't add anything new? All the Mario Bros. did was their take on them and by now, they behave so differently from Ryu would in Smash that it's asinine to think Ryu and the Mario Bros. are identical in playstyle. Last I checked, the only things that resemble the shoto moveset in the bros. is their Up B's, with Luigi's acting an awful lot like Ken's Shoryuken. The fireballs are very different, with Mario's acting more like Akuma's air fireball. Then there's the Tatsu. Finally, Ryu is the only one with the donkey kick. /rant

I would still pick either Chun-Li, C. Viper, or Juri as my picks for a Street Fighter character. Now that Juri, she's got a fun personality.

Here is what Sakurai recently mentioned about Uprising's controls:

Considering that Uprising's weakest point was its controls, and how much Sakurai feels confident they were done right, I am a bit concerned about what changes he has in store for Smash 4.
Controls were fine after you got used to them. Besides, do you honestly expect Sakurai or any developer to not express confidence in their work, even if they know it's bad?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I would love to see Cammy's SF2 theme in Smash (instrumental)
I'd kill to have all the character themes in Smash. Of course, I could probably do that with the hopeful custom music option, especially if it's where I can set it to where it plays specifically where I want it.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Everyone's getting off topic. This is supposed to be about Smash 4, not Uprising or Awakening or SF643D. Also, my friend brought up a valid point with the inclusion of Fossil Fighter as a 2nd party char. He could work like PT, using T-Rex, Triceratops, and Velociraptor. As a final smash, their Zombie forms. Also, Ray MKI as a playable character.
Considering there is no new info all we can talk about are the other Nintendo games that are going to factor into Super Smash Bros. 4. While I agree we can take it to an extreme, it has not yet reached Gamefaqs level randomness. There is only so much you can talk about a game that is barely in development.

The only thing I detest is when this thread loses its collective mind and engages in derpy behavior. Outside of that everything stays withing an acceptable realm.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
OMG I almost cried here with that false rumor of Vermanubis´ death...

yani

Smash Lord
TOSE Rep said:
"U.S. publishers usually think Japanese developers just can just make Nintendo platform console games, but those platforms are [declining]. Other big platforms like 360, PS3, and PC are getting bigger here, and they think Japanese developers cannot make big titles for those platforms."
No Starfy confirmed.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I didn't get too emotional because I don't know him too well, but even I was a bit disturbed by Tacket talking like that. Almost had me entirely convinced. ._.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Oh, well, screw Isaac. Kidding, but I think that he'll stay an AT. Also, wouldn't it be cool if Masked Man, when staying still, you can't hear a heartbeat. Also, did Tak start out as a video game character or as a Nickelodeon TV character? Also, have you noticed that Pokemon has no competetion other than FF or Monster Ranch.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Yea, he said he heard it from some guy on TC. But... WHat is TC???

He sounded pretty serious too so I didn't think he was trolling.

I don´t think he was trolling too,because I know he is really serious,and he also send a VM for Vermanubis giving a R.I.P for him.

lol

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Cobalsh: You forgot Dragon Quest against Pokemon. It's extremely popular.

Digimon is no longer a competition for them, not that it isn't awesome.

Pretty much, if we're going for Namco reps, it boils down to three series; Soul Series, Pac-Man, and Digimon.

Tales Of is a possible choice, but the others had a lot more Nintendo games or exclusives, though.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I don´t think he was trolling too,because I know he is really serious,and he also send a VM for Vermanubis giving a R.I.P for him.

lol
I kind of feel bad for the guy that he got super banned. I know it was bad that he did it but think about it... Maybe he truly thought Verm was dead. Maybe he was truly considered about him and made the thread to make people aware. He was probably considered about vermanubis but since it was false he got super banned.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Star: I'm still working on revamping the stage concept.

I am curious to know what you think about having
Gimle as a stage? Fighting on the back of a giant dragon sounds cool.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Pac Man if we must, but Square, Capcom, and even Ubisoft would go before Namco.

In my opinion of course.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Yes M&S Guy

I wanna see the OG Pac-Man if he makes it in (sorry John, but I really don't want to see him with the Mokujin Mecha from SFxT at all in Smash)

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Why Ubisoft? Because of Rayman? He's had more history with Sony than Nintendo.

Could be lateral thinking on my part, though. I remember when Rayman debuted on the PS1.

Smooth Criminal

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Snake has a lot of games on the PS2 and joined in Brawl...

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
True, I guess I was just thinking more so character potential. I suppose Pac Man would have logical priority.

And I think he realizes that Lukin, Snake is a strange case however. I doubt Rayman would receive the same type of treatment.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You know, I could still remember when I inputted Rayman onto one of my old fake rosters. Obviously, this was back before or even during the Brawl discussions.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXY-L37qROM

Here is the trailer for Zangeki no Reginleiv, a D rated Japanese-exclusive hack and slash game that revolves around Scandinavian mythology (Norse). It was released in 2010 and was published by Nintendo and developed by Sandbox (who did Earth Defenders and Choujou Mecha MG) It is still considered a Nintendo IP regardless and looks very interesting. It is equally as mature as Geist and Eternal Darkness. I would love to see some representation from this game, like a trophy (regular or assist). Though, some obstacles include that it received mixed reviews by Kotaku and sold poorly. Yet there is some request for the main characters by Japanese Smash Fans, though I'd rather see them as a trophy instead.

D

Deleted member

Yes M&S Guy

I wanna see the OG Pac-Man if he makes it in (sorry John, but I really don't want to see him with the Mokujin Mecha from SFxT at all in Smash)

I would imagine he would have his design, as it was also used for Pac-Man Party and the upcoming TV series, though why would anyone would expect the mech...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom