• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Shinhed!! ^(-^0^-)^

*Spins you around*

Takamaru I find pretty badass, eh, can become invisible, strike lighnings, deflect projectiles, and ain't afraid of humongous load of NINJAS.

:phone:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
The only "explosion" Falcon has is after his Falcon **** Dive.

Mach Rider explodes.......INTO A MILLION ITTY BITTY PIECES. Then reforms LIKE A BAWS.
You don't count Falcon Punch, Kick, and Knee as explosions?

I guess he does it so fast you missed it.

Let's just add Palutena, Medusa, Little Mac, and King Hippo as revived retro characters and add Takamaru and Duck Hunt Dog as pure retro characters. :awesome:
Little Mac, King Hippo, and Duck Hunt Dog? Might as well throw in Duck Hunt Dog's dog **** in as well.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Holder, you're an artsy guy. Why can't you appreciate the visual appeal of a character who explodes parts of his body into fragments and reforms them for most of his attacks. Especially with a proper lighting system. MACH RIDER ON A NIGHT LEVEL, YEHS.

@R.O.B.: There is nothing gay about crossdressing.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Falcon Punch and Falcon Kick aren't explosions. They're basically Fire Punches/Kicks.

The only actual explosion was his Up B.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
"99% of the posts here are off-topic"

wut

More like we are on-topic 90% of the time, but it's usually the same **** that we've been talking about for months
I was exaggerating. :rolleyes: Though not by much.

....You know, I wouldn't mind if Mach Rider became a somewhat similar character to Captain Falcon, kind of like in the way that Jigglypuff and Kirby were similar in 64. Not an actual clone, but some similar moves.

Also, no, Ryu is beyond boring as hell and should never be in Smash. Not only are all his moves done with Mario/Luigi/Dr. Mario(for the most part), he adds nothing new, would be shoe-horned in, is beyond overused, and oh, he's not that cool.
You like the idea of having almost a copy of Captain Falcon but find Ryu boring? Huh?

Not that I like the idea of Ryu at all, Mega Man and Amaterasu both would be better additions than him.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You like the idea of having almost a copy of Captain Falcon but find Ryu boring? Huh?
No, read again. I said as different as Jigglypuff and Kirby are. Who are barely alike, but share a few moves. I think a few similarities are fine.

Not that I like the idea of Ryu at all, Mega Man and Amaterasu both would be better additions than him.
I would like either of them, although I'd prefer X to be in. MegaMan Classic has enough appearances in fighting games, IMO.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hey Tri-Hy, I fixed your Dragon Altar music list. ;)

Fire Emblem: Awakening - Field Theme #2
Fire Emblem: Awakening - Final Engagement
Fire Emblem: Awakening - Grangal
Fire Emblem: Awakening - Pressing Forward
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon & the Blade of Light - The Chosen Ones - Final Chapter Theme (Brawl Lost Tracks)
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon & the Blade of Light - Shadow Dragon Medley (Brawl)
Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem - Dark Emperor (Hardin's Theme)
Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem - War of Heroes
Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem - Divine Child, White Sage (Tiki & Gotoh's Theme Medley)
Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War - Final Chapter - The Final Holy War
Fire Emblem Gaiden - A Desperate Assault - Final Chapter Theme
Fossil Fighters - King Dynal

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Falcon Punch and Falcon Kick aren't explosions. They're basically Fire Punches/Kicks.

The only actual explosion was his Up B.
You are way too literal/serious dude. XD Both you and Metal.

Holder, you're an artsy guy. Why can't you appreciate the visual appeal of a character who explodes parts of his body into fragments and reforms them for most of his attacks. Especially with a proper lighting system. MACH RIDER ON A NIGHT LEVEL, YEHS.
It isn't that I don't like that, I would never say that, I'm just saying that isn't enough. Someone would have to make a pretty good and detailed case of what he could be like, and frankly I doubt it could match the best of the retros we can choose from.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Hey Tri-Hy, I fixed your Dragon Altar music list. ;)

Fire Emblem: Awakening - Field Theme #2
Fire Emblem: Awakening - Final Engagement
Fire Emblem: Awakening - Grangal
Fire Emblem: Awakening - Pressing Forward
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon & the Blade of Light - The Chosen Ones - Final Chapter Theme (Brawl Lost Tracks)
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon & the Blade of Light - Shadow Dragon Medley (Brawl)
Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem - Dark Emperor (Hardin's Theme)
Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem - War of Heroes
Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem - Divine Child, White Sage (Tiki & Gotoh's Theme Medley)
Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War - Final Chapter - The Final Holy War
Fire Emblem Gaiden - A Desperate Assault - Final Chapter Theme
Fossil Fighters - King Dynal
I wanted to do that. :p

I'll take a good look later, I have to go do some work, I'll post some results later. ;)

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Lolwtf Holder

Me? Serious? Might as well just say Vash from Trigun is serious :laugh:

I wasn't even half serious when I made that post lol silly

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Take care Horsetail!

I agree that Megaman )))))) Ryu any day. I've thought up at least 3 different movesets (1 for non-robot master abilities, 2. for Robot Master abilities, and 3rd for a hibrid) for the guy, it surely can't be hard for Sakurai and his team.

Ryu would just be there, to carry on with his martial-arts existentialism in yet another crossover game.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Sometimes I just sit back and think about the technical details of getting Mach Rider's ability to work. Beautiful.

Also anyone who doesn't support explosions on motorcycles is not a man.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
BUT EXPLODING AND REFORMING HAS PLENTY OF BATTLE APPLICATIONScap?!
Standard Special: EXPLODE REFORM PUNCH
Forward Special: EXPLODE REFORM KICK
Up Special: EXPLODE REFORM JUMP
Down Special: GOLDEN YUII EXPLOSION FART REFORM

I sit corrected.

Lolwtf Holder

Me? Serious? :laugh:

I wasn't even that half serious when I made that post lol silly

Metal WHY CAN'T YOU READ MY SARCASM HUH I AM TYPING IT TO YOU

Actually yeah you're right. :laugh:

Also anyone who doesn't support explosions on motorcycles is not a man.
But that sounds dangerous...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
But that sounds dangerous...
Sounds like you're not a man. Just keep sitting down in your comfort zone surrounded by soft pillows and blankets for you to fall on in case any danger comes your way.

Real men have Strong bones and don't fear falling out of their chair.

Also, you can't lead a horse to water, but you can lead a horsetail to sleep well.
Wells have water in them. As do whales.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Hey! I didn't say I was afraid of falling out of my chair.

I'm sitting on a couch.

Your philosophical analogies confuse me, Oasis_Sage.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Ryu and Karate Joe are two guys who excel in martial arts and they both wear white karate gi's. Who is more popular? Ryu. Which franchise is more popular? Street Fighter. That's why I am saying a lot of people would rather see Ryu than Karate Joe in Smash.
That's nice and all Arcadenik, but what you neglect is Karate Joe is a NINTENDO character and Golden is suggesting for the NINTENDO ALL-STAR fighting game. Sakruai doesn't try to flood the game with third party characters. He doesn't look at Karate Joe and say, you know what, let me put Ryu in instead. He tries not to over do it. He is careful of who he adds and makes sure that the character getting in will excite players. Notice how Brawl had only two. So, yes, Karate Joe and Ryu are similar, but Sakurai will not add Ryu because he is similar. He'll add Karate Joe and then add a character people actually give a **** about like Megaman.

It's strange how out of touch you are Arcadenik.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I mean, I guess that's why you like older women with white hair. Because they're so old that they would break their hip if they fell, and you see a bit of yourself in them. We've already established your vanity.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oh, yes. Smashchu. And that's because Karate Joe excites people more than Ryu ever would. Strange how out of touch you are, indeed.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
disfunk, don't be mad at me, but... you remind me of Mugen from Samurai Champloo for some reason
Disfunk is Champ.
Champ has an afro.
Afro Samurai.
Samurai CHAMPloo.

You're welcome.

Also, Champ, would your boxing name be Bomber the Bruiser. Maybe Bruise Bomber... Something about bombs. Paint a little bomb on your gloves too. Or put a wick in your afro so it looks like a bomb.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Wow Oasis... you... *wipes tears off his keyboard* Your shades see right through me.. I love the sound their hips make when they crack wide open. It makes me feel like I belong.

And who do you think you are with the nicknames, Toise?

Edit: Ryu? Karate Joe? What is this, terrible character discussion hour?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Then again, I could be wrong. Maybe Sakurai adds characters he think will excite fans... but by "excite" he could very well mean angering them as well. If adding Karate Joe instead of Ryu is sure to anger the fans, then you and Sakurai are right on the money. :awesome:

ex·cite
   [ik-sahyt] Show IPA

verb (used with object), ex·cit·ed, ex·cit·ing.

1. to arouse or stir up the emotions or feelings of: to excite a person to anger; actions that excited his father's wrath.

2. to arouse or stir up (emotions or feelings): to excite jealousy or hatred.

3. to cause; awaken: to excite interest or curiosity.

4. to stir to action; provoke or stir up: to excite a dog by baiting him.

5. Physiology . to stimulate: to excite a nerve.

Source

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Here is what Sakurai recently mentioned about Uprising's controls:

“Considering how close to the limit we pushed the 3DS during development, it’s a miracle that we were even able to provide support for left-handed controls at the point of completion. Providing support for independent analog control was something that was technically impossible.

“I do have my doubts over whether it’d be that easy to provide support. I think any game needs to provide new experiences and stimulating things to discover, but if we provided run-of-the-mill controls for it, that cuts down on the game’s potential. If a player used to touchscreen-based aiming played against someone used to right-analog control, the first player would probably dominate. The speed is on a whole different level.”

Considering that Uprising's weakest point was its controls, and how much Sakurai feels confident they were done right, I am a bit concerned about what changes he has in store for Smash 4.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
The controls were good though, they just took a while to get used to. He is right that if your hand behind to hurt you are pressing too hard. The only thing bad about the controls is that you can't just move around playing it really unless you have the Circle Pad Pro.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
IMO, Uprising's controls would be better if it had L-targeting like in the 3D Zelda games. It would have made aiming a lot easier and we could have pressed one of the ABXY buttons to shoot.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
L-Targetting would have been overpowered in versus mode though, you could target someone and just mow them down. Aiming/Dodging is half the battle if not most of it. That is why the one ability that you can use that temporarily locks onto enemies is one of the best.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Oh, yes. Smashchu. And that's because Karate Joe excites people more than Ryu ever would. Strange how out of touch you are, indeed.
Did you not read anything I just said. I know why Golden had a problem. You need this spelt out for you. Let's go back

That's nice and all Arcadenik, but what you neglect is Karate Joe is a NINTENDO character and Golden is suggesting for the NINTENDO ALL-STAR fighting game.
First, note how I mention karate Joe as a Nintendo character. I'm putting him in one class.

Ryu is a third party character. Another class. So
Karate Joe: Nintendo Character
Ryu:Third party character

Sakruai doesn't try to flood the game with third party characters.
Alright, so we know Ryu is a third party character, and Sakurai doesn't flood the game with them. What does that mean?

He doesn't look at Karate Joe and say, you know what, let me put Ryu in instead.
OK, so Sakurai doesn't pick one or the other.

Think of it like this. Dixie and K Rool are both DK characters right? But does that mean Sakurai has to chose one or the other. But what if he added Crock man. Does that mean K Rool can't get in. Can Megaman not get in if ROB is in.

What I'm saying is this. It's not one or the other. We can have both, one, or none. SAKURAI DOES NOT LOOK AT THIS IN A POLAR WAY. (I hope you know what Polar means)

He tries not to over do it. He is careful of who he adds and makes sure that the character getting in will excite players. Notice how Brawl had only two
So here is where it gets complicated So Sakurai treats third party and Nintendo characters differently. We know that third parties are limited and the game will not have a lot of them. So than we get to here.

There are a lot of third party characters people want and we can't add too many. So we must prioritize. We must be choosy (spelling?). So, would Ryu excite people more than Megaman? Probably not. We could even have Simon or Layton. People like them. So if we have limited space, we must be careful.

With that in mind (and the fact that third parties are different) why would we add Ryu just because we could add him over Karate Joe. Why not have our cake and eat it too. Let's add Megaman, who people really like, and Karate Joe, so he have a karate dude. Hey, win/win

This should make sense now. I over explained a paragraph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom