• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I bet the 3DS is still doing better than the Vita overseas

And is it possible we could get some Wii U news from the investor's meeting going on?
Still the 3DS underperforming in North America, and especially Europe, is big room for concern for Nintendo.

It might be that this could be the last generation for handheld video game hardware, if the 3DS does not get out of its rut overseas.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It was revealed that was a typo. He was talking about New Super Mario Bros. 2, which is being released in August.
Nintendo's Facebook post about NSMB2 reads:

"This just in - New Super Mario Bros. 2 will be launching for Nintendo 3DS in August! This all-new, side-scrolling adventure features Mario, Luigi and all your fave characters from the Mario series. Are you excited to play?"

I hope it means we can play as Toad and other characters besides Mario and Luigi. But I doubt that... it probably means our favorite Mario characters would be showing up as NPC's in the background.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Mewtwo and Roy would obviously be veterans. Veterans doesn't mean you were in the previous installment, it means, well, you're a veteran. They've done Smash before, it isn't new to them.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Crap, Nintendo just announced that New. Super Mario Bros 2 will be able to be fully downloaded onto an SD card besides solely being a retail release! :O

They really are taking digital distribution seriously. :O

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
"For the Wii U, we will start the digital download sales of packaged software that I just discussed, so our consumers can choose either the packaged version or the digital download version of the same software from day one of the Wii U’s launch."
This is too good.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Wait, so you can choose between a downloadable version and a retail version? Hell yeah

I really do hope 3DS starts to do better overall, I love Nintendo :urg:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I have a feeling that the DLC characters would be characters who might be cut during the transition from Brawl to Smash 4, not never-before-playable-in-Smash characters.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Because it's only a demo,it's not real

and i meant,if leon (or anyone else) is falco's alternatif costume,and you choose him,the arwing model get replaced with a wolfen.Because as far as we all know,star wolf don't use arwings :\

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
If downloadable games are cheaper than their retail versions, I will choose the download option for New Super Mario Bros. 2.
Apparently retailers will establish the prices for digital releases.

Wait, so you can choose between a downloadable version and a retail version? Hell yeah

I really do hope 3DS starts to do better overall, I love Nintendo :urg:
Yep.

Learn ya something Capcom!

Unfortunately, as some people seem to have a misunderstanding, I would like to once again sum up my comments here. First, we clearly distinguish digital distribution of packaged software from add-on content and, when it comes to making packaged software digitally available, we do not intend to offer any products that the consumers deem incomplete. Second, we sell add-on content so that the consumers can play a software title for even longer and on a deeper level and, when we sell this add-on content, we are making a proposal to consumers to pay for the content our developers have additionally created. In other words, as we have repeatedly confirmed, Nintendo has never conducted and will never conduct what is now widely known (in Japan) as a “gacha-type charging business” (capsule toy vending machine business), which asks consumers to pay money without knowing what kind of item shall emerge as a result of their payment, even if such a business model might temporarily yield high profitability. Nintendo does not believe such a business model can establish long-lasting relationships with our consumers. We hope that everyone understands our policy, and we will continue to make efforts to avoid such misunderstandings as, “the next ‘Animal Crossing’ might be a game which relies upon add-on content sales.”

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
That's a surprise. I'm betting against that for either version of Smash 4, there's probably too much data. "shrugs"

It would be nice to see them at discounted prices, but I'll probably end up getting a hard copy anyway.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Because it's only a demo,it's not real

and i meant,if leon (or anyone else) is falco's alternatif costume,and you choose him,the arwing model get replaced with a wolfen.Because as far as we all know,star wolf don't use arwings :\
Do Star Wolf even have Landmasters in their team?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
That's a surprise. I'm betting against that for either version of Smash 4, there's probably too much data. "shrugs"

It would be nice to see them at discounted prices, but I'll probably end up getting a hard copy anyway.
That is not going to happen. Nintendo is taking a more proactive role in the digital space, the last thing they are going to do is fail to offer one of their biggest titles. If the Wii U is unable to handle that then it is less powerful than the Xbox360. Since that is not the case, not going to happen.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
That is not going to happen. Nintendo is taking a more proactive role in the digital space, the last thing they are going to do is fail to offer one of their biggest titles. If the Wii U is unable to handle that then it is less powerful than the Xbox360. Since that is not the case, not going to happen.
Ah I see. Like I've said in the past, I have no idea about the sizes of games. I only know that Brawl was large enough to ruin the laser reader of many a Wii (including mine :().

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Ah I see. Like I've said in the past, I have no idea about the sizes of games. I only know that Brawl was large enough to ruin the laser reader of many a Wii (including mine :().
That is because the dual layered disc can become difficult for the Wii's laser to read when it becomes dirty. That is not a problem with digital content.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
You know what the worst thing about all this speculation and etc is, this game is still years from coming out so it's not like we're talking about something that'll be due out later this year or anything. The man hasn't even started working on Smash Bros 4 yet. So we're looking at, at least 2-3 years before this even comes out and it'll possibly be longer where he plans on working on two games for two different systems in tandem.

And it's because of that I just drop on every now and again and read some new stuff and don't actively participate in the discussion yet. I'm pretty sure if I was actively talking about smash bros 4 on a regular basis I'd be after climbing the walls I'd be driven that squirrely.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Shortie X Chrono
Kuma X Chu
Golden X Arcade
We're separated.

Crap, Nintendo just announced that New. Super Mario Bros 2 will be able to be fully downloaded onto an SD card besides solely being a retail release! :O

They really are taking digital distribution seriously. :O
Well damn. I hope this means something for a Mother trilogy release.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Krom has Aether and Quick Draw. Krom can easily just as end up a clone or luigi-fied clone.

Shortie's playbook whenever I say something truthful about Krystal, is say something untruthful about Ridley and Roy. You need new material.
It's funny, because whenEVER I say something you don't like, it's always to Krystal. Happened just the other day.

The best part is, I do it on purpose. I don't care about Krom in the least, and your opinion of Krystal means about as much as mine does. I just love watching you **** yourself. It's sick really.

And one of the oldest users on in this thread, who's been following videogame speculation since 2001, is telling ME to grow up. Bahahaha!

Metal Mania1321

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys think Marth will get his new design from Shadow Dragon and an English voice actor? I'm kinda hoping so, considering Shadow Dragon was released in America.

(P.S. I'm looking for some advice for the last level of Shadow Dragon, PM me if you can help)

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249

I dunno, remember the ps3 hack fiasco? When it was all over, Sony allowed people to download big full retail games like infamous and little big planet.

It's funny, because whenEVER I say something you don't like, it's always to Krystal. Happened just the other day.

The best part is, I do it on purpose. I don't care about Krom in the least, and your opinion of Krystal means about as much as mine does. I just love watching you **** yourself. It's sick really.

And one of the oldest users on in this thread, who's been following videogame speculation since 2001, is telling ME to grow up. Bahahaha!
Well Damn.

:phone:

You always bet against evurything.

Lol

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Wow, forgot Nintendo's investor meeting was today. Just reading through all the new stuff, it's pretty wild compared to Nintendo's previous mentality. I like having a physical game to actually have, but if downloading is going to be cheaper (I haven't gotten to the part where they reveal pricing details -- if they actually do), I might have to go with that.

Either way, E3 can't get here soon enough.

Do you guys think Marth will get his new design from Shadow Dragon and an English voice actor? I'm kinda hoping so, considering Shadow Dragon was released in America.

(P.S. I'm looking for some advice for the last level of Shadow Dragon, PM me if you can help)
I think if Marth doesn't have his FE13 outfit as his main one, his Shadow Dragon look will definitely be the next most likely. And I think that he will speak English this time around. We still have Roy for our Japanese-only speaker. (assuming he gets back in)

I'd help with the last level of Shadow Dragon, but other than being happy I defeated Medeus with Marth instead of some other character, I remember nothing from the last level. Sorry :embarrass:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I dunno, remember the ps3 hack fiasco? When it was all over, Sony allowed people to download big full retail games like infamous and little big planet.
I don't know anything. Ironically both of those games were the ones I downloaded.

You always bet against evurything.

Lol
I'm betting against this being false.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I just love watching you **** yourself. It's sick really.

I have something to say that very accurately describes the kind of person you are, but I hold myself to a higher standard than you do to yourself. Your contempt for people you don't even know truly reflects upon your character.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I don´t know if is a good idea to talk this,but i really like evil peoples.
:evil:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
^In games and movies and stuff like that I usually find them much more interesting.
Although some villains in games are awfully one-dimensional.

Hades was awesome.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
But he likes Krystal even more than I do, so it all balances out. :laugh:
No, I don't have a beef with Krystal supporters, there are good posters who support Krystal. Its just people like Shortie don't like people who don't like Krystal to the point of having a personal vendetta against them.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
^In games and movies and stuff like that I usually find them much more interesting.
Although some villains in games are awfully one-dimensional.
I like the funny villains,like Madame Amberly from Crash Twinsanity or Dr. Eggman.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
@Chrono
I wasn't trying to refer to the "discussion" you and Shortie were having, (that's even why I edited my post above, when I realized it might be interpreted that way), it just reminded me that he likes Krystal too.

I also wasn't suggesting that you irrationally dislike Krystal supporters, I know you wouldn't do that, sorry if it seemed like I said that :nervous:

@Lukinhasss
I'm not wild about Sonic's enemy Crazy Theodore Roosevelt, but he's still better than any sonic character added post-Genesis IMO.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I am really curious whether we will get a formal unveil trailer at E3 2012.

Also, I am curious how Sakurai is going to classify Mewtwo and Roy if they come back. Will they be counteed as newcomers, veterans, or some entirely new category?
First, I think they'll have a trailer. Smash is one of their biggest series. They just mentioned today Brawl sold over 10 million worldwide. They'll have something.

Second, they will be big "?", like the rest of the hidden veterans.

Kuma X Chu
Sadly, that one died a while back.

On Bandana Dee, while I love the idea, my concern is is he unique enough. I mean, he is just "Waddle Dee," a standard enemy. Would he really be worthy of the spot. Is he a unique character that could stand on his own.

Just a question I pose. I'm all for Bandana Dee.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
GiantBreadbug: Prince Fluff would make an excellent addition to the roster for the Kirby series. He's not likely by any means, but I see a greater potential for an original Smash concept with his moveset than Bandanna Dee.

Everyone: Bandanna Dee has been in more games.

GiantBreadbug: *Okay rageface*

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't think this has ever been 100% confirmed, but I think that Bandana Dee is the same Waddle Dee in all his appearances, which would make him unique, at least in comparison with other Kirby enemies. Though he is just a glorified Waddle Dee (although with his spear, he could definitely work in Smash).

I don't have any proof of this though, although I think it has been stated before.

@Breadbug
I agree Prince Fluff would work well too, but Nintendo's obviously pushing Bandana Dee more than Prince Fluff right now. And like you said above, Bandana's been in more games while right now Fluff's only made one appearance.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
On Bandana Dee, while I love the idea, my concern is is he unique enough. I mean, he is just "Waddle Dee," a standard enemy. Would he really be worthy of the spot. Is he a unique character that could stand on his own.

Just a question I pose. I'm all for Bandana Dee.
Spear. Name one other character that has that mechanic. That is unique enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom