• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Talk about a business ideology that appeals to the very grossest of capitalism...
Well, the AR Cards, Skylanders, game codes for MMORPG's... I'll just stop now. But, I've noticed something about Smash:
We always get someone we don't want. Like, Ice Climbers in Melee. Or Lucas in Brawl. Even Jiggs in 1. We are going to get someone he likes, but we don't. Sure, we'll get our fare share, but we'll see Waluigi or Young Link(reg), you know, someone he likes.

Also, screw all the Geno fans. Mallow for Smash 4.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
If anything, Megaton Punch should be BD's final smash. You charge it up like in KSS, and it varies in strength depending on how well you charged it. He strikes the ground and causes an earthquake, which damages people on the ground. He will also send flying any poor soul that may be below him when he strikes.

Also, I've apparently returned after being too sick to bother postin g.

:phone:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
If anything, Megaton Punch should be BD's final smash. You charge it up like in KSS, and it varies in strength depending on how well you charged it. He strikes the ground and causes an earthquake, sending flying any poor soul that may be below him when he strikes.

Yes. Also, he should have his Skull bandana from Kirby: SSU. As an alt.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I wanted Lucas in Brawl. :glare:

I pretty much supported all newcomers we got besides Zero Suit Samus (who already was revealed), Pokemon Trainer (****ing loved him though), Snake and Sonic (didn't like 3rd parties). Oh, and R.O.B. All others I wanted to make it in. Maybe prefered Krystal a bit over Wolf (Rare bias) but wasn't disapoinnted with Wolf.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Now that I think about it, we didn't want R.O.B.. Also, I've noticed we have people in their teens here. Hello, fellow teens. I am...the Chicken Overlord. Second only to God. I don't think I ever did this intro. :awesome:

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I wanted Lucas in Brawl. :glare:

I pretty much supported all newcomers we got besides Zero Suit Samus (who already was revealed), Pokemon Trainer (****ing loved him though), Snake and Sonic (didn't like 3rd parties). Oh, and R.O.B. All others I wanted to make it in. Maybe prefered Krystal a bit over Wolf (Rare bias) but wasn't disapoinnted with Wolf.
It's not rare bias, most fans wanted Krystal over Wolf. They were about to put her in,but they decided to put in Wolf instead because Sakurai thought he would be a better character.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
It's not rare bias, most fans wanted Krystal over Wolf. They were about to put her in,but they decided to put in Wolf instead because Sakurai thought he would be a better character.
That is wrong. Wolf had just as many fans as Krystal in the West, and in Japan, Wolf was much more requested than Krystal.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Psycho,that ain't even the main character :\

true for sf,but don't you think smash's roster will be much bigger(even more on wii u)? the graphics got lower,i would love my smash to have a big roster,don't get me wrong,but i don't want the smash 3DS to have squares has fighters

why don't my 3DS remember me and why is it such a pain too type ;-;

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
That is wrong. Wolf had just as many fans as Krystal in the West, and in Japan, Wolf was much more requested than Krystal.
"What's this? Krystal fans!? NEVER FEAR CHRONO IS HERE TO **** YOUR DAY OVER!"

The only person who is more passionate about Krystal than me, is you Chrono.

And I love you for it.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
In brawl,falco says he prefer the air/Ar,if falco gets a arwing it could say something funny about it
wolf will have that thing you have underwater,who cares if it's in the air,nintendo lol

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
In brawl,falco says he prefer the air/Ar,if falco gets a arwing it could say something funny about it
wolf will have that thing you have underwater,who cares if it's in the air,nintendo lol
They should give the Blue Marine to Fox. Since he is the only one who has ever controlled one in a game. Give Wolf the Wolfen since thats his iconic vehicle.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Should Wolf get a Wolfen as a new Final Smash or should he just stick with what he has?
I'd prefer it if Falco got his Arwing. (Because personally, he prefers the air.) If Wolf got his Wolfen, it'd probably just be a duplicate of Falco's Arwing. So, to answer, I disagree.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I'd prefer it if Falco got his Arwing. (Because personally, he prefers the air.) If Wolf got his Wolfen, it'd probably just be a duplicate of Falco's Arwing.

If you have played a Starfox game, you will notice that the Wolfen is a different vehicle from the Arwing even though they are both similar. Unless, you ment his moveset as a Wolfen, then his moveset would probably be a duplicate of Falco's arwing if he got one.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Coming from the boy who thinks Roy would be more unique than Krom. Tooo cute
Krom has Aether and Quick Draw. Krom can easily just as end up a clone or luigi-fied clone.

Shortie's playbook whenever I say something truthful about Krystal, is say something untruthful about Ridley and Roy. You need new material.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
If you have played a Starfox game, you will notice that the Wolfen is a different vehicle from the Arwing even though they are both similar. Unless, you ment his moveset as a Wolfen, then his moveset would probably be a duplicate of Falco's arwing if he got one.
The latter. I've never played a Starfox game, but I do know that to Sakurai, two flying ships of relatively the same size means that they obviously do the sledact same things.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Shortie and Chrono at it again, huh

Where's that Michael Jackson popcorn gif when I need it

And Kirbunny, what do you think Wolf's FS should be then

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Krom has Aether and Quick Draw. Krom can easily just as end up a clone or luigi-fied clone.

Shortie's playbook whenever I say something truthful about Krystal, is say something untruthful about Ridley and Roy. You need new material.
But Roy is already a clone of Marth lol.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
[glow]Here what I think about the FS's for Starfox characters.

Wolf should have the Wolfen since thats his iconic vehicle and the only one you see him in when playing the games.

Fox could have the Blue Marine since he is the only character in a Starfox game who controls it. But at the same time, Fox should have the arwing because thats the most iconic and main vehicle in the series and Fox is the main character in the series so he should get that.

Falco should get an arwing because he is a bird and prefers the air". But then there are too many Sf characters with air vehicles.

In conclusion, I think the best combination would be, Wolf with the Wolfen, Fox with the Landmaster, and Falco with the Arwing. But it's still hard to say who should have which. Even though Falco and Wolf both have air vehicles, its better than Fox and Falco having air vehicles because 2 Arwings would be the exact same vehicle. The Wolfen is at least different from the Arwing in appearance.[/glow]

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
No one answered me how Sakurai would classify Mewtwo and Roy if they returned. Would he count them as newcomers, veterans, or something entirely new?

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Arwing shoots lasers and homing missiles, Wolfen shoots Smart Bombs and mines. There. Happy?
Edit: Also, Mewtwo and Roy would be returning retirees.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well, apparently the 3DS is not doing so well overseas. In response to this someone at the investor meeting going on right now just tweeted this:

Views super smach bros 2 as key to usa and will have long term demand
Besides the obvious typo, it is interesting how Iwata views Super Smash Bros as the title that will sell the 3DS overseas. That or he means for both systems. Either way, Iwata views both games as critical to their respective consoles.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
No one answered me how Sakurai would classify Mewtwo and Roy if they returned. Would he count them as newcomers, veterans, or something entirely new?
Either veterans or returners. I dunno. I am not too crazy about Mewtwo and Roy. I just expect Zoroark and Krom to have higher priority over Mewtwo and Roy... and if Sakurai feels the roster is not big enough and he has enough time, he might add Mewtwo and Roy.

Shortie X Chrono
Kuma X Chu
Golden X Arcade
LOL. Me and Golden? Oh you! :awesome:

I'd prefer it if Falco got his Arwing. (Because personally, he prefers the air.) If Wolf got his Wolfen, it'd probably just be a duplicate of Falco's Arwing. So, to answer, I disagree.

Meh... let's just cut Falco and give some of his stats/priority to Fox and Wolf... and replace Wolf's Landmaster with his Wolfen. I just don't see how Falco is any more important than Slippy, Peppy, and Krystal. It's just that Falco is more popular but he's not more important. JMO.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I don't know how to place the FS but falco with the arwing could just have leon or what as an alt and it becomes a wolfen
[glow]I didn't really understand what you said entirely... Are you saying that Falco should summon Leon or something? Lol, Leon is Falco's rival so that would be ironic. [/glow]

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Arwing shoots lasers and homing missiles, Wolfen shoots Smart Bombs and mines. There. Happy?
Ecstatic.

I goofed up the quote yaaay said:
eh... let's just cut Falco and give some of his stats/priority to Fox and Wolf... and replace Wolf's Landmaster with his Wolfen. I just don't see how Falco is any more important than Slippy, Peppy, and Krystal. It's just that Falco is more popular but he's not more important. JMO.
Or this. This could work too.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I bet the 3DS is still doing better than the Vita overseas

And is it possible we could get some Wii U news from the investor's meeting going on?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well, apparently the 3DS is not doing so well overseas. In response to this someone at the investor meeting going on right now just tweeted this:

Besides the obvious typo, it is interesting how Iwata views Super Smash Bros as the title that will sell the 3DS overseas. That or he means for both systems. Either way, Iwata views both games as critical to their respective consoles.
It was revealed that was a typo. He was talking about New Super Mario Bros. 2, which is being released in August.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
And is it possible we could get some Wii U news from the investor's meeting going on?
No, Iwata just said to wait until E3 to hear any Wii U news. Also, the price of the system will not be revealed at E3. Not too surprising, just does not tell me how much I need to save.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom