• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thino

Smash Master
Man Sakurai's brain is frying is gonna end up spending 40 hours a day creating this game like he did for Melee.

Can't wait for what he manages to cook us up that gives that much importance to the connectivity.

Let's try to imagine and forget about the characters and movesets a lil bit

WiiU has already a screen on its controller, 3DS is dual screen but 3D...

I can imagine an Adventure mode like SSE where some doors or trophy or enemies are easier to find if you start looking around the room with your 3DS picking up things with the stylus, looking at Metaknight Halberd ship from a different angle..

problem is that the WiiU controller is already able to do this minus the 3D.

so that'd be like FOUR screens to look at and only 2 that can do 3D.. but at the same time you gotta be able to use the 3DS without its 3D.

SO I imagine something like putting you 3DS a certain way in a certain angle compared to the TV and the WiiU controller in another place to be able to solve a puzzle and create a triforce in your living room but thats more zelda **** so in SSB it should only be able to like help you see things that wouldnt be easy to see with a single screen but still possiblesdifknsdfknsdo;fsd;fdsdkSAKURRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIII

I hate when characters have no set potential and they are forced.
I wouldn't call my weird mechanic forced. I based it off someone's moveset from the original MYM thread only with some minor tweaks.

Plus, Toad is fond of using items.

THEN AGAIN, MYM moveset. Don't take it seriously.
That is the thing though, you couldn't make a normal moveset because it would have sucked. :awesome:
Challenge accepted :smirk:

Neutral B : Ice ball
Forward B : Penguin slide
Downward B : Mushroom block throw
Upward B : Propeller Toad

Wait a minute....

Iceball is like fireball
Penguin slide is like Luigi missile
Mushroom block is like Turnip
Propeller is like whirling fortress...

REMATCH

Neutral B : Mushroom summon
Forward B : Toad rush/Toad kart
Downward B : Random item pull out
Upward B : Propeller cap
One more day till the Sony game comes out. and then the "RIPOFF!!!" talk will never stop.

are your bodies ready?

www.playstationallstarsbattleroyale.com
YESZ

I'm excited just because Nathan Drake is in the game.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The reason it sucks is because of the gimmick. There is some problem people have with movesets just being normal. They just can't make a regular moveset,

The Toad one fails because it adds a gimmick that makes no sense. Olimar made sense. Ice Climbers made sense. Why is Toad doing some mushroom thing? It doesn't fit and it feels forced.
Toad "doing some mushroom thing" makes sense. Said moveset makes no sense because it's too complicated and hard to follow. I dunno why you think Toad using mushrooms make no sense. Toad have a history of using mushrooms.

Super Mario Kart - the computer-controlled Toad threw Poison Mushrooms
Mario Kart: Double Dash!! - Toad's special item is Golden Mushroom
Mario Sports Mix - Toad's special ability is making mushrooms appear from nowhere and having them move around to block opponents

If you want to know more about Toad, might as well ask the character himself in here.

YEAH... It's a tumblr but most of the answers are true anyway
Said moveset makes no sense because it's too complicated and hard to follow.
Yeah... I know it was hard to follow and it was too complicated. Lol.

But hey, it's an original MYM moveset anyway *scratches hair*

And how does a moveset make no sense? Sense is different from complexity. o_O ??

-------------

Hm...... I think I should post it but I think it's not a good idea. I don't know why. Lol.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I wouldn't call my weird mechanic forced. I based it off someone's moveset from the original MYM thread only with some minor tweaks.
Well, simply because someone else used it doesn't necessarily mean it isn't forced.

Plus, Toad is fond of using items.
Because he has nothing else. :awesome:

THEN AGAIN, MYM moveset. Don't take it seriously.
I want my Ghirahim one to be taken seriously. D< Mine could straight up be what can be in, in my opinion.

Challenge accepted :smirk:

Neutral B : Ice ball
Forward B : Penguin slide
Downward B : Mushroom block throw
Upward B : Propeller Toad

Wait a minute....

Iceball is like fireball
Penguin slide is like Luigi missile
Mushroom block is like Turnip
Propeller is like whirling fortress...

REMATCH

Neutral B : Mushroom summon
Forward B : Toad rush/Toad kart
Downward B : Random item pull out
Upward B : Propeller cap
Challenge failed. :p haha

Toad have a history of using mushrooms.
lol

Because he has nothing else. :awesome:
Yo, he can use mushrooms. Don't take it the wrong way by the way (Making sure).

He'z like a mushroombender and all. He's like stronger than Mario as proven in SMB 2. Basically, he stands out too much in Mario or even in nintendo.

Oh and he's also supppeeeer fast.

Oh and, he likes items

-----------------

Oh and... ANOTHER REMATCH

B : Mushroom summon (MSM)
Side B : Superhuman throw (SMB 2)
Up B : Propeller cap (NSMB Wii)
Down B : Item pull out (Every Mario)

*Huff**Huff* If this competition goes on, I blame you for forcing me to make Toad's specials over-the-top T_T

Every character has a huge potential for a unique moveset. I mean, look at Phoenix Wright...... Yeah I know, he's bottom tier...... Doesn't matter though. He was unique because he fights by not fighting. That sounded stupid but actually, it sounded more interesting than stupid.

Here's a pretty big question:

What if the current criteria is changed and Sakurai judges characters in a new way? How can we predict/bet which character would get in the game? Thoughts?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Since when did all moves fit for every character?

...Okay, they come close, and I'd say Ganondorf, except he could easily pull off all the moves in both games due to his magic and Triforce of Power. They actually fit him, even if they aren't his moves officially.

I'm trying to think of a single character that had moves that is totally incompatible with their natural powers...

Okay, Ness and Lucas at best. And who says they couldn't have learned it after the game from their friends?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh, that Impa thing was just a joke

It was because you all were desperate for another topic

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Yo guys.
I'm really happy for you, Imma let you finish...
BUT BOWSER JR. IS THE BEST CHOICE FOR A NEWCOMER IN THE MARIO FRANCHISE!

You just got Kanye'd
You have told everything.

Since when did all moves fit for every character?

...Okay, they come close, and I'd say Ganondorf, except he could easily pull off all the moves in both games due to his magic and Triforce of Power. They actually fit him, even if they aren't his moves officially.

I'm trying to think of a single character that had moves that is totally incompatible with their natural powers...

Okay, Ness and Lucas at best. And who says they couldn't have learned it after the game from their friends?
*Thinks*

Um.... Asides from Ness or Lucas.... I don't know. Maybe.......................

ROB?
You have told everything.
Well.......... I OBJECT!

Honestly, I think Jr. would be cool but I want Toad to be in SSB 4 more than Jr. I won't say Toad is more likely (He is). I don't speculate about chances anymore.

What? R.O.B?
Robotic operating buddy, my friend.

He's a controller for the NES then he appeared in Mario Kart DS as a character.

Then he appeared in brawl. He has these lasers and **** which he never did. If he really was able to use lasers, everyone who'd own a ROB would be dead by now.

Anyone knows what the power glove is?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
And being a generic robot(for the most part), he got a generic moveset fit for his design.

@Berserker01: Exactly. ...Oh, and Giga Bowser, possibly.

...I own a Power Glove. I use it for my Deviot costume. ;)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I've been moving out of my dorm all day, seems we jumped 20 pages, what did I miss? I did see the new Sakurai interview though, pretty much confirms no major news coming from E3 for the games.

@SSBF: I saw your roster. I'm surprised about Mr. Peepers. lol

Just remember that the roster betting ends in a little while, so you'll have to make up your mind on either Victini or 6th Gen, just for the bet though, I'm not trying to change your roster or anything.

And being a generic robot(for the most part), he got a generic moveset fit for his design.

@Berserker01: Exactly. ...Oh, and Giga Bowser, possibly.

...I own a Power Glove. I use it for my Deviot costume. ;)
WHAT IF Master Hand wasn't actually a hand of a kid. It might be.... THE POWER GLOVE.

vicgur

Smash Ace
Well.......... I OBJECT!
Honestly, I think Jr. would be cool but I want Toad to be in SSB 4 more than Jr. I won't say Toad is more likely (He is). I don't speculate about chances anymore.
I wasn't talking about chances. I was talking about Bowser Jr. being cooler.
I like him, so I'm puttin' a ring on it.
I don't even know what the hell I'm saying. The Kanye West reference just went downhill

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Robotic operating buddy, my friend.

He's a controller for the NES then he appeared in Mario Kart DS as a character.

Then he appeared in brawl. He has these lasers and **** which he never did. If he really was able to use lasers, everyone who'd own a ROB would be dead by now.

Anyone knows what the power glove is?
Ah, I got it.

But I think Ness and Lucas moves was not created by nothing.
Some of then was on the game series.

Hold it!

...You forgot about Crazy Hand. He's the opposite hand. Explain his presence. ;)
Maybe he's a...

Broken... power glove? :awesome::urg:

--------------------

Master and crazy hand can be the following:
A child's hand
Power gloves (One that is broken)
Sakurai's hands

D

Deleted member

SmashChu's #101155 said:
Two things
1)People put a lot of emphasis on series made by non-Nintendo developers. This means Golden Sun, Sin and Punishment, and Starfy. These development studios are not owned or controlled by Nintendo. Yet if you look at Smash, the series that get the most representation are ones Nintendo owns directly. Earthbound, Kirby, and Pokemon are the only ones that fall outside of this. Nintendo does have significant influence over HAL and Pokemon in general. Xenoblade is made by Monolith which is wholly owned by Nintendo. This puts it a step above the rest.

2)Xenobalde is very popular. First, the whole Operation Rainfall thing. Second, in a Japanese magazine (Famiutsi I think) gamers out it as the 6th best Nintendo game. Shulk is also requested a bit in the land of the rising sun.
1) I think I can see where you're coming from here, but I think Smash 4 will be the first game since the original to introduce a new second-party franchise to the game. Nintendo seems to have quite a bit of influence over Camelot, with every game they've made since 1999 being on Nintendo platform and many of them being on Mario sports games. I could also easily see Sakurai push for Saki's inclusion as a playable character given how much he seems to like him. So I still feel as both have decent shots at getting in. But I think if neither get it and we got Shulk instead (along with Little Mac and Mii), it'd be more due to preference by Nintendo to stick with 1st party new series newcomers than any licensing issues (which I only see coming up in the Pokemon franchise and third-party characters).

And isn't the Pokemon Company/Game Freaks very controlling of their property? I'd imagine they were one of the most independent second-parties for Nintendo due to how enormously successful Pokemon is.

2) A lot of people do like Xenoblade that is for sure, but I wouldn't call Xenoblade a "very popular" game yet as it has yet to sell a million and probably won't. At best I see it achieving cult status a la Earthbound. Shulk being popular in Japan for requests is a decent point, thought.
Holder of the Heel's #101158 said:
Two of them I can't really argue with, I personally just enjoy Shulk more and can't argue for it, but didn't Sakurai already say no to Little Mac because of no moveset potential? I remember him saying that.

He is only listing off characters that come to mind after he says they are all important. To say that Toad is among his favorites easily is stretching it a bit.
He said "no" to Urban Champion. Whenever or not this keeps Little Mac out remains to be seen, but he has said nothing about Little Mac getting in or not.

I think that Shigeru Miyamoto is saying that he considers all characters he created to be important to him, but I'm assuming that the ones he listed off as his favorites are the ones he consider to be the most important creation to him and the one he likes he most.
GoldenYuiitusin's #101215 said:
Although, the "Flavor of the Month" thing that we tend to dismiss as crap actually holds some merit.
Ness was the latest hero in Mother, and thus was included in Smash (was not because he was international, as Smash 64 was originally going to be a Japan-only release.), and was going to be replaced by Lucas, who was going to be the latest hero by Melee's time.
While he is now in Brawl alongside Lucas, there is no need to worry about him, but still...
I think the Flavor of the Month does work to an extend. It can work for adding newcomers if it's good and can work as a promotion for current/upcoming games, but not as a replacement for a previous character.
Starphoenix's #101224 said:
http://wii.ign.com/articles/122/1223770p1.html

First. Now talk.
Sakurai always does this with each game (which I love, don't get me wrong), but it's mostly reaffirming that there will be connections between the 3DS and Wii-U version.

And like you, I don't think I'll be getting the 3DS version. I don't have the time or money to buy two consoles just to get two versions of the same game. The Wii-U version will suffice as I'm more interested in the multi-player aspect.
---'s #101256 said:
@SSBF: I saw your roster. I'm surprised about Mr. Peepers. lol

Just remember that the roster betting ends in a little while, so you'll have to make up your mind on either Victini or 6th Gen, just for the bet though, I'm not trying to change your roster or anything.
Yeah, I think most of the Smash community is up for a big surprise in him. If he gets revealed, I'll be the first to say "I TOLD YA!" and laugh at the more illogical comments regarding Duck Hunt Dog's hypothetical inclusion.

Oh and as for the bet, I'm going with 6th gen. I believe I said to put me down for it.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I have a question about the whole roster bet thing. I am strongly betting that the main character of Miyamoto's next IP gets in as a newcomer for Smash 4, however, would this character count as a placeholder?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@SSBF: Technically I think Arcadenik will be the first one. :p

Alright I'll post it for ya then. ;)

@Chrono: You can probably ask Toise that in the Discussion Group yourself. But I'm pretty sure it's exceptable. I was thinking about that possibility myself.

It feels weird to be an errand boy. I hope I can put it on my resume.

D

Deleted member

I have a question about the whole roster bet thing. I am strongly betting that the main character of Miyamoto's next IP gets in as a newcomer for Smash 4, however, would this character count as a placeholder?
A similar situation could apply to me as I'm putting a spot for the 6th gen Pokemon mascot. I'm hoping that I can make it clear that I'm selecting that one for my sixth and final Pokemon spot.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Maybe he's a...

Broken... power glove? :awesome::urg:

--------------------

Master and crazy hand can be the following:
A child's hand
Power gloves (One that is broken)
Sakurai's hands
I accept Sakurai's hands full stop.

Master Face must exist now!

I actually always considered the ultimate Boss fight for Brawl instead of Tabuu.

You have to fight Master Hand, Crazy Hand, then Giga Bowser.(you have a separate set of lives for each one to be fair). Then you get six characters for the end. 999 HP. Giga Bowser... wears the Hands.

...It's a fun fusion, what can I say? :p

vicgur

Smash Ace
And like you, I don't think I'll be getting the 3DS version. I don't have the time or money to buy two consoles just to get two versions of the same game. The Wii-U version will suffice as I'm more interested in the multi-player aspect.
...And who said they're gonna be THE SAME game?
The Wii U version is obviously gonna be like it's predecessors, of course...
But who said the 3DS is gonna be just a portable version of the same game?
As long as we all know, it could be a whole new different game, with new gameplay and stuff like that.
Am I the only one who thinks that way!?

vicgur,you are on the 444 post :scared:
Not anymore, *****.
*Terminator theme plays on the bakground*

I accept Sakurai's hands full stop.

Master Face must exist now!

I actually always considered the ultimate Boss fight for Brawl instead of Tabuu.

You have to fight Master Hand, Crazy Hand, then Giga Bowser.(you have a separate set of lives for each one to be fair). Then you get six characters for the end. 999 HP. Giga Bowser... wears the Hands.

...It's a fun fusion, what can I say? :p
Wait... What if Bowser becomes a playable character in the new story mode? Does that mean he has to face himself?

Doesn't matter though. Badass idea

THE BEST GIF without doubt. Even better than Toad....

D

Deleted member

vicgur said:
...And who said they're gonna be THE SAME game?
The Wii U version is obviously gonna be like it's predecessors, of course...
But who said the 3DS is gonna be just a portable version of the same game?
As long as we all know, it could be a whole new different game, with new gameplay and stuff like that.
Am I the only one who thinks that way!?
I'm mainly referring to that they're being developed by the same team and both will have similar contents in them (universal roster for example).

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah,but unfortunately,some brazilians are very pigs.
They throw trash on streets,rives,lakes,and after don´t know why the pollution on São Paulo is that horrible.
Yeah, for some reason a lot of people are always in a rush to nowhere.
Believe it. Most people think Soccer is a joke sport but it is actually really intense. .__. I wish I didn't stop playing, when I was young I did like seven seasons. Our team lost every game but it was fun and I knew I was good. :awesome: Later John.
Yeah once when I was 6 I was on a team so bad, nobody scored a goal. I was the closest at scoring a goal (I had a team high 5 shots) and I was a defender! :laugh:

Also, I once won a county championship in the under 12 division and 2nd in the under 14 division. It was awesome. I won the former playing through an ankle sprain and a super cut up knee. It was a ridiculous pain to play through, and being crafty, I didn't show the refs. But still, it was awesome. We won in shootouts.
What about turning back in thread? The only soccer thing in SSB is the ball, and I can't predict if it will be still white and black or white and blue like in Mario & Sonic At The London 2012 Olympic Games.
Honestly, it would be pretty cool if it was the official Olympics soccer ball. It would also be awesome if they had official Olympics basketballs and possibly Olympics baseballs in Smash as a funny added bonus! :laugh:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wait... What if Bowser becomes a playable character in the new story mode? Does that mean he has to face himself?

Doesn't matter though. Badass idea.
Same thing in Melee. Different Bowser. ...Although I admit they screwed up the idea in Brawl a tad bit. What about the Bowser clone? Goddamn it... they should make Giga Bowser an actual playable clone and do it that way. Yes, he's a clone that could be somewhat nerfed. Alternatively, he'd be VS Mode only. Bowser can get the Koopa Clown Car instead. ;)

THE BEST GIF without doubt. Even better than Toad....
Heh.

I'm mainly referring to that they're being developed by the same team and both will have similar contents in them (universal roster for example).
They may not at all. You'd have to connect for exclusives. Nobody knows exactly what it is. I would wait to see before deciding which version.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If only Nathan Drake wasn't owned by a company owned Sony, he would be a great candidate. He better be in Title Fight, because quite frankly, he is from the best Sony-owned franchise EVER! No joke, Uncharted 2 BLEW MY MIND!!! If I knew how good it was, I would have been willing to pay $120 for it. Instead, I got it free with a PS3! :awesome:
What exactly can Geno do other than shoot lasers? Never played Super Mario RPG so I don't know
Time-consuming but worth it answer: Play the game.
Quick answer: He has lasers, his arms turn into machine guns, he drops lightning bolts from the sky, he can summon stars from the sky to fall, he can fire a canon from his arms, he has and he has an awesome rocket punch.
I don't see saki making it in easily over isaac or Mac simply because saki seems less known and as a result less requested.
Saki's series sales: About 200k.
Little Mac's series sales: I dunno for sure, but I'd imagine over a million units.
Isaac's series' sales: Over 2 million units.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Yeah once when I was 6 I was on a team so bad, nobody scored a goal. I was the closest at scoring a goal (I had a team high 5 shots) and I was a defender! :laugh:

Also, I once won a county championship in the under 12 division and 2nd in the under 14 division. It was awesome. I won the former playing through an ankle sprain and a super cut up knee. It was a ridiculous pain to play through, and being crafty, I didn't show the refs. But still, it was awesome. We won in shootouts.
Awesome dude! :D I was a defender too haha. If I was anywhere else I ran out of breath fast. That and I would be falling over and running into players even more than usual. Especially when kids would get filled with testosterone, I think some kids forgot what type of "football" they're playing. :laugh:

@Chrono: You can probably ask Toise that in the Discussion Group yourself. But I'm pretty sure it's exceptable. I was thinking about that possibility myself.

It feels weird to be an errand boy. I hope I can put it on my resume.
I may have to ask to do that as well, because I have been thinking the same thing. Sakurai would be happy to find a new franchise to add in. Though it is a risk, it may not be capable of adapting to a fighting game.

So generic Toad gets a generic moveset... yeah I don't like the idea.

It just doesn't work because it is either generic or is a forced unique idea. :/

If only Nathan Drake wasn't owned by a company owned Sony, he would be a great candidate. He better be in Title Fight, because quite frankly, he is from the best Sony-owned franchise EVER! No joke, Uncharted 2 BLEW MY MIND!!! If I knew how good it was, I would have been willing to pay $120 for it. Instead, I got it free with a PS3! :awesome:
He will be in the game.

He will be..........

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Kinda random question, but since I'm not part of the backroom and therefore not eligible anyway, can someone tell me when Toise's roster bet thing ends? Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom