• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
@Cobalsh

Unless there's some source I'm unaware of that disproves this, we don't Sakurai's opinion on Slime or Geno

@disfunk

True about the sales, though while none of the three are that close to 5 mil, Golden Sun is the closest, followed by Starfy.

Could be irrelevant, but might contribute to who becomes playable first
tho probably not

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Lesson #1: Don't doubt me. Ever.

Is that what you said? I hadn't noticed =P. All I saw was:

To rise to the challenge and show me a png without a background. So I was all like

And then

Ta da!

On topic: according to Wikipedia, sin and punishment, nor starfy, nor golden sun cracked 5 million sales yet. Which is at least worth noting.
:phone:

I didn't say a png couldn't be transparent, I said they don't carry the transparency when put as your avatar. Case in point, look at my avatar now.

I shall doubt you. :p

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Now that I'm done pwning y'all(yes, I do live in Virginia), here's a new subject:
Downloadable files.
What I mean by this is that some characters, stages, trophies, and stickers can only be unlocked by finding data from your 3DS or Wii U. Like, Game and Watch from the G&W Gallery for 3DS, or Louie from Pikmin 3, unless it also makes the leap to 3DS. I'll let you guys go more in-depth about this. But, also, yeah, I mentioned Louie.

yani

Smash Lord
@SSBF to add to the pros of Shulk, Xenoblade is the highest rated jRPG of this gen I believe (in Japan as far as I know). Even if you aren't into video games as much, you should definitely give the game a shot sometime :)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Now that I'm done pwning y'all(yes, I do live in Virginia), here's a new subject:
Downloadable files.
What I mean by this is that some characters, stages, trophies, and stickers can only be unlocked by finding data from your 3DS or Wii U. Like, Game and Watch from the G&W Gallery for 3DS, or Louie from Pikmin 3, unless it also makes the leap to 3DS. I'll let you guys go more in-depth about this. But, also, yeah, I mentioned Louie.
Like on-disc DLC that you would actually have to buy another game for? Wouldn't be a fan.

edit: However, if they added characters later on down the line (not on-disc) that worked this way, I suppose that would be better. Would still prefer to buy them just as DLC though.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
No, I don't mean having to buy the games. What I mean is that you can get files from others, even at events or just by Streetpass. So that that sucker will have to buy the game. Or you have to buy it. Derp :p

D

Deleted member

Hey guys what's goin-
*Sess constant discussion over Geno, the overrated Zatch Bell reject*
Never mind. *walks out door*

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
No, I don't mean having to buy the games. What I mean is that you can get files from others, even at events or just by Streetpass. So that that sucker will have to buy the game. Or you have to buy it. Derp :p
Well as long as somebody has to buy another game to get a disc-locked character on the game, I wouldn't be a fan.

Even though I can understand the marketing logic behind that, it would still be a super d*ck move if Nintendo (or any company) ever pulled that.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I think most of us have already discussed the walking tree branch in detail and know where we stand on the issue, no need to bring it up again

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think most of us have already discussed the walking tree branch in detail and know where we stand on the issue, no need to bring it up again
Yet you guys can talk about the reject anime characters that are fire emblem for days

grizby2

Smash Lord
@SSB Fan: That's pretty much what I said. They need to

Ninten really has no unique potential and because he has pretty much the same moves as Ness anyway, would be better off as a costume and a Trophy.
actually, if you give ninten his original moves, he would have different moves (unlike ness and lucas, who took the moves from their party members).
ninten has no offensive psi powers AT ALL. :rolleyes:

at first glance one would say they look about the same, but there are some differences.
!TRIVIA TIME!
the brim of ness's hat points towards the right, while nintens points to the left.
ninten's hair is more spikey-looking, while ness's hair is rounded.
ninten wears red socks and blue shoes, ness wears white socks and red shoes.
nintend also doesn't carry a backpack, but is noted to carry a red bandana around his neck.
ness suffers from homesickness, but ninten suffers from asthma.

so they arent EXACTLY the same to the trained eye. ninten is just overshadowed by ness because ness's game was more popular and well known.
if luigi was red instead of green, i suppose the same probably would have happened to him too, even if by a small amount. :T

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, no.

Let's talk about somebody else.

^I know they're not exactly the same character. It doesn't change that they're still fairly similar.

It's why Ness got chosen over Ninten. He was planned first.

And true.

D

Deleted member

Yet you guys can talk about the reject anime characters that are fire emblem for days
The idea of Impa has near complete opposition and is constantly crammed down our throats by Diddy.

Fire Emblem, on the other hand, ends up being brought up due to certain events, such as revelations within Awakening.
That, and there is no opposition against the Fire Emblem characters; just debates on which ones will make it.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Ninten at SSB4...

A great idea,but I really don´t think that will happen...

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Please, someone share a Duck Hunt Dog moveset. I'm not doubting one exists, I'm doubting that it doesn't smell like ****.

The last thing we need is more Mother/Earthbound characters
Why not? D: Ness and Lucas are really fun and unique characters..

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
As long as the Mr. Saturn shirt returns for Ness, I care not what his other alts are.

Plus if we did get another Mother/Earthbound rep (which probably won't happen), Ninten would be far from the most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom