• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
off topic:someone didn't want the truth :awesome:
on topic: duck hunt dog. i still dont know why he was brought up, i wasn't there for that i guess, can anyone explain in detail? DEEETAAIILL?
...That was to the Impa Discussion.

No, I didn't disagree with what you said about Ninten VS Ness.

Also, Ness was also international at the time. So he was more likely to be known. XD

grizby2

Smash Lord
As long as the Mr. Saturn shirt returns for Ness, I care not what his other alts are.

Plus if we did get another Mother/Earthbound rep, Ninten would be far from the most likely.
i'd rather see a villain from the mother series. sm4sh NEEDS more villains anyway..
and more darkn/ ice induicing moves. (9 and 4 respectivley in brawl...)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't have a moveset for DHD or anything, but I'd imagine he would use the light gun, clay discs, and the ducks themselves in his moveset.

Plus dog attacks, like clawing and biting stuff and that weird pounce he does.

i'd rather see a villain from the mother series. sm4sh NEEDS more villains anyway..
and more darkn/ ice induicing moves. (9 and 4 respectivley in brawl...)
I'd imagine Claus and Porky would be the most likely characters, probably followed by Kumatora (cause Japan LOVES her).
So it would probably be a villain we'd see next. But I doubt we'll see any new Mother characters in SSB4.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
But if this mother character is replaced with Crash Bandicoot,I will agree :troll:

D

Deleted member

Ness and Lucas are fine as they are.

If we REALLY needed another character, I feel that a Mother 1 rep would be best, as we have a 2 and a 3. But not Ninten.
Instead, Mother 1 Giygas with Mother 2 Giygas as Final Smash. But I'd rather have no new Mother character period.
But only if he looked like this:

D

Deleted member

Although, the "Flavor of the Month" thing that we tend to dismiss as crap actually holds some merit.
Ness was the latest hero in Mother, and thus was included in Smash (was not because he was international, as Smash 64 was originally going to be a Japan-only release.), and was going to be replaced by Lucas, who was going to be the latest hero by Melee's time.
While he is now in Brawl alongside Lucas, there is no need to worry about him, but still...

grizby2

Smash Lord
Ness and Lucas are fine as they are.

If we REALLY needed another character, I feel that a Mother 1 rep would be best, as we have a 2 and a 3. But not Ninten.
Instead, Mother 1 Giygas with Mother 2 Giygas as Final Smash. But I'd rather have no new Mother character period.
But only if he looked like this:
its rumored that mewtwo's design was based off of mother 1's giygas.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I was just gonna leave for the night, but Golden, I'm definitely interested, so why don't you save those for tomorrow or whenever we both come back?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Although, the "Flavor of the Month" thing that we tend to dismiss as crap actually holds some merit.
Ness was the latest hero in Mother, and thus was included in Smash (was not because he was international, as Smash 64 was originally going to be a Japan-only release.), and was going to be replaced by Lucas, who was going to be the latest hero by Melee's time.
While he is now in Brawl alongside Lucas, there is no need to worry about him, but still...
This is a good point that I never really thought about before, but I think the only way this pattern would effect future Smashs is if Mother 4 came out between now and SSB4s release (which is extremely unlikely). I think this would be the only time Ness or Lucas would be in jeopardy of being cut (probably Lucas over Ness), because after SSB4, I think 3 Mother reps would be fine, and neither would get cut in favor of a new protagonist. Hell, if they released Mother 4 between now and SSB4 (which again -- they won't) I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to have all three protagonists in SSB4.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
"As you noted, there is a certain dead end we come to if we just expand the volume of the game. I intend to change direction a little as we go. The key to that's going to be its dual support for 3DS/Wii U. I'm really just getting started on this so it's going to take time, but I'll come up with something that uses that link as the game's central axis, so I hope you're looking forward to it." - Masahiro Sakurai
http://wii.ign.com/articles/122/1223770p1.html

First. Now talk.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
^I have no idea what Sakurai's thinking up now, but I'm EXCITED. :laugh:

edit: Reading it again, it sounds like using both the 3DS and the Wii U together in some manner will be central to SSB4. While this was expected, I just hope both can stand on their own well enough, as Sakurai seems to be hinting that the "link" between them will be the main focus.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
All I can say is, Melee2.0 dreamers.. there's always SSB5 >.>

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Excellent points. Didn't know he was requested so much in the East either, good to hear. ^_^
According to Chronobound, he gets a decent number of them. The ranking went something like this

S: Mewtwo, Roy (Roy is top BTW)
A:Dixie, K. Rool
B: Black Shadow, Takamaru, Shulk, Starfy, Bowser Jr., Waluigi, Geno

For Toad fans, he is popular over there, but many don't request him because they don't think Sakurai will change his mind.

Nothing new really. Sakurai always tried to do something more than just add more characters. of course, as Brawl showed, he'll still add more characters.

What I'm worried about is could this rupture the series. Could this be good or a blunder. Probably not to much to worry about since Sakurai usually does a good job.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
All I want to know is, am I going to get a Brawl kind of fighter, or will there be a bit more... meat to chew at... if you catch my drift.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Nothing new really. Sakurai always tried to do something more than just add more characters. of course, as Brawl showed, he'll still add more characters.

What I'm worried about is could this rupture the series. Could this be good or a blunder. Probably not to much to worry about since Sakurai usually does a good job.
My thing is I don't want too much of the game to be unplayable if I do not want to have both. From a business point I understand, but honestly I am probably only going to purchase the Wii U version.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
yes shortie, i'm pretty sure there will be more male characters. :troll:
BAHAHA BECAUSE I'M GAY RIGHT?

@Star, iffffff, things turned out the way that you don't want them to, would you buy the 3DS version? If I can help it, I will only buy the WiiU version.

D

Deleted member

Actually, I was just going by the way you phrased "more meat to chew at".

Meat being a slang term for penis.

I would've made the joke whether you were straight, gay, or bi.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I just got platinum on club nintendo. Do you get anything for being platinum?
Hey, I got platinum, too. First time this year. :awesome: Dunno what we are gonna get from Club Nintendo. I hope it's something good. I wish I had gotten that Mario figurine with Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, Bowser, Yoshi, and Goomba. That one looked so good.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Star, iffffff, things turned out the way that you don't want them to, would you buy the 3DS version? If I can help it, I will only buy the WiiU version.
Don't plan on buying a 3DS anytime soon, so no. Granted I know both games won't come out for awhile, but I have other things to pay for besides trying to keep up with the Jones. I'll purchase a Wii U because I have family and friends that I can share with.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
My thing is I don't want too much of the game to be unplayable if I do not want to have both. From a business point I understand, but honestly I am probably only going to purchase the Wii U version.
I think Sakurai said early on that they will work alone and together.

The reason it sucks is because of the gimmick. There is some problem people have with movesets just being normal. They just can't make a regular moveset,

The Toad one fails because it adds a gimmick that makes no sense. Olimar made sense. Ice Climbers made sense. Why is Toad doing some mushroom thing? It doesn't fit and it feels forced.
It's an MYM moveset.

Make Your Move. You make movesets with a twist of some sort. If you make a normal moveset there, it gets panned. It goes that way.

This was an original MYM entry but I didn't post it for a reason

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Now i´ve watched again the Mother 3 Final,and I remembered about Claus´ death..

That is so sad,that is making me cry,again...

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
It's an MYM moveset.

Make Your Move. You make movesets with a twist of some sort. If you make a normal moveset there, it gets panned. It goes that way.

This was an original MYM entry but I didn't post it for a reason
That is the thing though, you couldn't make a normal moveset because it would have sucked. :awesome:

And yeah, new Sakurai words = old Sakurai words he has said before. AND WHY WOULDN'T YOU GET BOTH VERSIONS, YOU CRAZY?!

I'm messing, but seriously, having a 3DS isn't too bad. There are some decent games and really good ones on the way. Though, that just means more money spent, so I get where you're coming from..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom