• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
No, i know it's not in SSBB, but Sakurai had the intention to put it in, it was in the extra data found on disc with a bunch of other "lost songs"

It was most likely licensing issues that kept it out of Brawl.
No, I'm saying even THAT was fake. The data never said there was any intention.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
We call it "Soccer" here. And no one cares about it.

There is even a joke soccer is a "Gay Sport"
I have broken other people's bones playing soccer, and given someone a severe concussion playing soccer. FACT! :smirk:

@ Kuma
Get that drag queen picture of *insert some person who posts here's name a long* (Omega=???) out of here!!! :mad::mad::mad: :awesome: :smirk: :lol: :rotfl:

Edit:
See y'all later.
*leaves by writing "goodbye" in holes in the wall*

Edit 2:
*Geno kills Tyler Perry and Micheal Bay*

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I also knew that volleyball was popular in Brazil, especially given that it is a country near a cost and with warm climates.
Yeah,but unfortunately,some brazilians are very pigs.
They throw trash on streets,rives,lakes,and after don´t know why the pollution on São Paulo is that horrible.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I have broken other people's bones playing soccer, and given someone a severe concussion playing soccer. FACT! :smirk:
Believe it. Most people think Soccer is a joke sport but it is actually really intense. .__. I wish I didn't stop playing, when I was young I did like seven seasons. Our team lost every game but it was fun and I knew I was good. :awesome: Later John.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
What about turning back in thread? The only soccer thing in SSB is the ball, and I can't predict if it will be still white and black or white and blue like in Mario & Sonic At The London 2012 Olympic Games.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
No, I'm saying even THAT was fake. The data never said there was any intention.
Well, the song I posted wasn't the actual song from the Brawl data, just a recreation, but a song titled snd_bgm_A12_MORINOKINOKO was found in Brawl's data as an unused song. It translates to Forest Mushroom, which was most likely intended to be the one from SM:RPG (although it isn't guaranteed). If it was a song from another Mario game, it's lack of inclusion would make little sense, as all other Mario music is owned by Nintendo (to the best of my knowledge).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Okay... Why is it that seven Nintendo-owned characters are found in Brawl data, people speculate that they were cut due to time constraints... But one Nintendo-owned song is found in Brawl data sparks third party conspiracy theories about Geno? What if that song wasn't in Brawl due to time constraints as well?

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Okay... Why is it that seven Nintendo-owned characters are found in Brawl data, people speculate that they were cut due to time constraints... But one Nintendo-owned song is found in Brawl data sparks third party conspiracy theories about Geno? What if that song wasn't in Brawl due to time constraints as well?

They think that, not only because data for it (Which I don't know if it's even there) but the thing shortie keeps posting about IP problems

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I assume that if the song was in Brawl data it was already completed and removed for different reasons (as songs take a lot less time to put in the game than characters, and don't really have partial programming, they wouldn't only put part of the song in and put the rest in at a later time).

Although you might be right, it could've just been a placeholder for the finalized song that was never completed due to time restraints.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, notice that Sakurai said "some", not "one", when referring to Nintendo characters who aren't 100% owned by Nintendo... Implying that there were more than one.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well, notice that Sakurai said "some", not "one", when referring to Nintendo characters who aren't 100% owned by Nintendo... Implying that there were more than one.

He could've been referring to all original characters from SM:RPG, as if Geno were hypothetically to be included, other SM:RPG characters would probably be in as well (as stickers, trophies, etc.)

This is just pure speculation though, I doubt we'll ever know which characters he was referring to.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's been a long time since I've played but I remember Geno as mostly a sweeper who would just shoot different projectiles (beams, lasers, bolts)

His arm could turn into a gun though (and shoot bullets), and sometimes he turned into a cannon.
Pretty much just projectiles from my memory.

If he had any other major attacks that I've forgotten, someone please remind me, lol.

edit: ah, forgot rocket punch.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Sounds pretty cool.
Besides, I think I would love having all the Paper Mario series characters as stikers. Or at least the most important ones.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
What exactly can Geno do other than shoot lasers? Never played Super Mario RPG so I don't know
He shoots lasters, rocket punches, bullets, Giant cannon uhm, gosh... it's been forever.

I always used him, Peach, and of course Mario.

Peach is ****ing BAWS in that game.

I wonder how many AT's were planned characters at one point?

Just realized I joined this site almost three years ago. 0.0 I was 15.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
He shoots lasters, rocket punches, bullets, Giant cannon uhm, gosh... it's been forever.

Yeah I ditched Mallow as soon as I could for Bowser :embarrass:, and then once I found my team wasn't working without a healer, I put Peach in (instead of Bowser) :laugh:

I think Saki and Starfy were the ones under the heaviest consideration, but I would be happy if Isaac was also a contender.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I could VERY easily see Saki and Starfy making it in over Mac and Isaac. Easily.

I also don't think there is going to be NEARLY as many small franchises as you guys would like to think. 3 - 4 tops. TOPS.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
The supposed Geno track is actually translated to be a Super Mario World song. ^_^; I wish there had been the intention of a SMRPG song in it, because that means Geno's chances will skyrocket in my book.

Geno can shoot a disc of energy, turn into a cannon and shoot a giant sun, shoot pebbles from his finger tips, turn his hand into a wand and shoot stars, open up his arm and shoot a cannon ball thing, he can boost up his stats (probably not applicable to SSB4), he can shoot his arms, and he can send beams of light from the sky. Probably more, but that is what I can recall.

Also, in SMRPG... I don't think I even used Geno after having Peach and Bowser :embarrass:. I think Bowser did more damage, not sure. I might even play through again for old time's sake and use Geno the entire way through, because I know he has that stat booster and a move that can insta-kill normal enemies (and that one sword boss :awesome:).

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
We should get Nintendo vs. Nickelodeon! Mario & Luigi vs Kenan & Kel
I love you. +5 respect.

I don't see saki making it in easily over isaac or Mac simply because saki seems less known and as a result less requested.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I never play smrpg to completetion but geno was a badass in it. See if you can find an LP for the game.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
4/22/2012:
[COLLAPSE="Dixie"]
[/COLLAPSE]
4/23/2012
[COLLAPSE="King K. Rool"]
[/COLLAPSE]
4/24/2012
[COLLAPSE="Jill Dozer"]
[/COLLAPSE]
4/25/2012
[COLLAPSE="Starfy"]
[/COLLAPSE]
Too lazy to clean these up, or to try and find a good pen to go over them with. ONE DAY I WILL THOUGH

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The supposed Geno track is actually translated to be a Super Mario World song. ^_^; I wish there had been the intention of a SMRPG song in it, because that means Geno's chances will skyrocket in my book.
Actually, if it were to be a SMW song, the placement would not be A12, but around A06 or A07, as the Mario music is categorized chronologically by game, and the other SMW tracks are A06 and A07, where as A10 to A12 is where the Mario RPG songs come from (A10 and A11 are from the Mario & Luigi series).

Plus, MORINOKINOKO literally translates to Forest of Mushroom, and does not specify anything about its game of origin.

(The full code was snd_bgm_A12_MORINOKINOKO)

edit: For what it's worth, I see the likelihood being in this order:
Little Mac > Isaac > Starfy > Saki

Although that's just my opinion, and a new game in any of those series would throw the whole thing out of whack. (well, not a new Punch-Out game)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I could VERY easily see Saki and Starfy making it in over Mac and Isaac. Easily.

I also don't think there is going to be NEARLY as many small franchises as you guys would like to think. 3 - 4 tops. TOPS.
I really think that these newcomer franchises are possibly likely:

- Duck Hunt (retro casual game)
- Legendary Starfy (semi-successful IP, seemingly moreso than Sin & Punishment and Golden Sun since it's had five games whereas the other two has only 2 or 3 games)
- Mysterious Murasame Castle (retro core game)
- Professor Layton (successful casual IP)
- Punch-Out!! (successful revived IP)
- Wii Sports (biggest moneymaker IP)

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
But the song is called Beware' the Forest's Mushrooms?

I'm continuing to look it up, and people say it is thought to be "In the Mushroom Forest" from Mario Party, which would have been closer. I swear I have read people saying it is just a rumor or it isn't true, but mostly everywhere I look people accept it as that being how it is. Perhaps it is, I hope so, but I'm not so sure.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I forgot the Miis. I should never do that.

The reason I think Starfy could get in is based off the rumors that he was planned to be playable at one point. Nothing else. If those are false, I don't see him getting in.

And, at this point, Saki, Little Mac, and Mii's are my three PERSONAL BETS. I think any of the ones you listed are good bets... besides Isaac. I just have a bad feeling about him. You'll waste a bet if you bet on him.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Just realized I joined this site almost three years ago. 0.0 I was 15.
I used Mario, Geno, and Bowser.

I don't care for healing. Bowser is my favorite Mario character

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If you think about it, the chances of there being references to Geno in the first place is highly unlikely. If they couldn't get the rights secured, it's safe to assume that there'd be no reference to him in the code at all.

@Oasis

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
But the song is called Beware' the Forest's Mushrooms?

I'm continuing to look it up, and people say it is thought to be "In the Mushroom Forest" from Mario Party, which would have been closer. I swear I have read people saying it is just a rumor or it isn't true, but mostly everywhere I look people accept it as that being how it is. Perhaps it is, I hope so, but I'm not so sure.
It could very well be that song from Mario Party, as it also uses Forest Mushroom in its title. I just know that it's not from SMB 1,2, or 3, NSMB, SMW, SM64, SMS, or MK, as songs from those games are in different placements in the song order.

Mario Party doesn't have any songs in Brawl, so technically it could belong to that instead.

And it isn't a rumor, the data is confirmed to be on the disc, it just isn't sure which song or from which game it originated.

I forgot the Miis. I should never do that.

The reason I think Starfy could get in is based off the rumors that he was planned to be playable at one point. Nothing else. If those are false, I don't see him getting in.

And, at this point, Saki, Little Mac, and Mii's are my three PERSONAL BETS. I think any of the ones you listed are good bets... besides Isaac. I just have a bad feeling about him. You'll waste a bet if you bet on him.
I guess my bias was creeping through a little, he is my most wanted newcomer, and I love GS (even Dark Dawn).

I wouldn't stop betting on him, but I guess I should stop putting him ahead of Saki, Starfy, and the like.

Plus now he also has competition from Shulk, and there can only be so many new franchises rep'd in SSB4. Probably four new ones (not counting 3rd parties) at most.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If you think about it, the chances of there being references to Geno in the first place is highly unlikely. If they couldn't get the rights secured, it's safe to assume that there'd be no reference to him in the code at all.
It could be that Sakurai put the song in (which doesn't refer to Geno specifically -- more just SM:RPG, which did show up in the Chronicle, BTW) before he knew of the legal complications pertaining to the game.

Although if the song really is from Mario Party, none of this matters anyway. :laugh:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Yeah, I'm saying it being a Geno reference is a rumor. XD We already acknowledged that there is data. I don't know, I guess I'll just be neutral on the subject. Could have sworn people accepted it as false back in the day, but my memory has never liked me. XP Though Kuma does have a point, if they never secured the rights, why would Nintendo be illegally putting it in, even if they thought that Enix would surely allow it. It couldn't be that Miyamoto forgot because they knew how it worked with Geno from having been given permission to use him in a cameo appearance in the Super Mario RPG game for the Game Boy Advanced. And for what reason would Square take back any legal contract they made? And is that even possible? I mean, they'd be contracts. But again I don't know much on the matter so I'll just be Switzerland.

Also, these are some nice Geno avatars that I colored the backgrounds to be pseudo-transparent. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom