• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I'm talking about balance patches. What will be indeed OP and what won't be anything but scrubs not adapting? This is the first time Nintendo's done this sort of thing outside of Pokemon.

It's like people complaining about Blanka or El Fuerte in SF4 when they're both low tier.
I get where you're going now. I don't even know how Nintendo will handle it, since anything can be labeled OP.

"OMG! Ganon's Ganoncide is so unfair and OP, djbhskj ban him!"

If enough people post things like what I just put in quotes, Nintendo may just buy that. Who knows?

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
My concern is how will Nintendo distinguish what are really problems and are people sucking at the game. They've never done anything like this. Hopefully, they'll be realistic about it because I doubt the patches are ever free even from Nintendo.
I see what you mean-after all Link was nerfed due to negative feedback from Melee. if they had patching in Brawl, MK and Snake would have been nerfed, but so would Ike and Pit, since they got bad flak from folks as well.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I wonder if Sakurai is aware of the Roy re-design for FE13. He did make tweets about the Nintendo Direct conference the Roy DLC was announced at, and later made tweets about the upcoming Kid Icarus Uprising patches that were announced at the conference. I think Sakurai being aware of a major re-design for Roy during the the very earliest stages of development might do some good for Roy.
In the credits of FE6 Sakurai is thanked personally, so it's no big surprise. Wether he makes it in Smash or not I think depends on wether they are gonna use that new design for a FE6 remake or not. Which would be amazing imo.

Missed y'all to. You to Mo. <3

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Okay so:
Bowser have many sons,right?it can't be impossible that he doesn't have a nephew!
So the nephew,who is named...let's say Pako?decide to visit his uncle...
And just the front of the castle,he is amazed,to him,his cousins are king of the kingdom!
So then they meet each others.
Pako is brave,but naive...
And the koopalings are up to something:they decide to tell him one big lie...
Mario and luigi are evil guys,And they kidnapped their MOM,PEACH!!!
And of course,they discribe mario and luigi,so he can know...
The poor naive koopa beleive them,and decide to go and save peach!
...But a little after his adventure begins...
...something familiar,some shapes...
...WARIO AND WALUIGI?!?!?!...
Pako can't do a thing about the fact that they're close to mario and luigi,and his though of them get even worse!...
That's really a bad start...

I remembered this after thinking it could be an element of sm4sh story,but the character pako would only be a Jr. alt though...but if he could get his own game,it would be a 3d "newgrounds rumble" gameplay,with many power ups(like the shell throwing,while you attack you can throw your shell like a boomrang that have a round trajectory,and can flaot like in bowser's inside story)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

^ This. It's an unwritten law that the original 12 MUST be included in ever Smash Bros. game, no matter how long it's been since they starred in one of their own games. Samus was a great example for Smash 64, and Captain Falcon stands as a good example for Brawl, and assuming there's no F-Zero before Sm4sh, then he'll be an even better example of this.

An interesting note is that Captain Falcon may have only been in since the original design of the game happened to be very similar to his natural Character Model.

And there might be an F-Zero Wii U, but also, there seems to be rumors than Captain Falcon is Sakurai's favorite character. Perhaps he doesn't like the franchise itself, though? It would explain why he hasn't gotten a character by his side.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I get where you're going now. I don't even know how Nintendo will handle it, since anything can be labeled OP.

"OMG! Ganon's Ganoncide is so unfair and OP, djbhskj ban him!"

If enough people post things like what I just put in quotes, Nintendo may just buy that. Who knows?
And this is why Nintendo or Sakurai should consider listening to the competitive scene (which probably won't happen) instead of scrubs with a bad online connection and people who don't know how to DOOOOODDDGGGGEEE!

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Doesn't Roy have 2 blades in his current design?

Do you think that will be incorporated into his moveset?
Nah, that is his sheath. ^_^ Though, someone with two swords isn't a bad idea.

Ghirahim can use two blades though. >:3

And this is why Nintendo or Sakurai should consider listening to the competitive scene instead of scrubs with a bad online connection and people who don't know how to DOOOOODDDGGGGEEE!
I wish the people of SWF could speak with Sakurai, or he could go around visiting fan sites. Granted, he doesn't speak english and most of us don't know any Japanese, but if we could exchange ideas and questions somehow, that'd be really cool. ^_^

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That he can. Actually, both Ghirahim and Impa wouldn't be too bad. :o

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Nah, that is his sheath. ^_^ Though, someone with two swords isn't a bad idea.

Ghirahim can use two blades though. >:3
Ah, you're right. That is one sword lookin' sheath. Oh well, I hope somebody someday will use two swords in Smash, and I'd be fine if it was Ghirahim.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Hopefully, Nintendo will give the game six months before doing any balance changes.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Hopefully, Nintendo won't wait six months before fixing any game-crippling glitches, though. :laugh:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Ah, you're right. That is one sword lookin' sheath. Oh well, I hope somebody someday will use two swords in Smash, and I'd be fine if it was Ghirahim.
*has converted someone to the Ghirahim Team* ;)

I need to think of a name for the Ghirahim support team that I could name the thread when the time comes. When will we be given more threads to discuss SSB4? Not sure when Brawl got its own section.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

I need to think of a name for the Ghirahim support team that I could name the thread when the time comes. When will we be given more threads to discuss SSB4? Not sure when Brawl got its own section.
I've never had a problem supporting Ghirahim (especially if he gets multiple swords), but the further we get from SS's release, the less chance I think he still has.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hopefully, Nintendo will give the game six months before doing any balance changes.
Balancing? Knowing Sakurai he'd take 6 days for that instead of 6 months. :smirk:

Gdorf won't be going anywhere. If someone's going from the Zelda roster my guess is on Sheik and maybeee even Toon Link.

Though I'll say: I think especially the Zelda roster will have quite some version exclusives. My guess is Young Link and Sheik are exclusive to the 3DS version (as it's the system OOT3DS was on) and Impa, Toon Link and maybe Queerahim and on a lesser note SS styled Link and Zelda are Wii U exclusives.

Maybe.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
And toon ganon could have 2 sword
if he is an alt.,ganon could have a moveset where he has a sword but sometime he hold the sword with another hand,would make the toon ganon alt use both swords

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Don't worry, if Ghirahim gets in, which I can accept some severe odds against him, I'm not a blind fanboy, Ganondorf most certainly wouldn't be going anywhere. Can't replace a reoccurring villian with a possible one-shot supporting one.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Don't worry, if Ghirahim gets in, which I can accept some severe odds against him, I'm not a blind fanboy, Ganondorf most certainly wouldn't be going anywhere. Can't replace a reoccurring villian with a possible one-shot supporting one.
Then why can't a reoccuring supporting character replace a definate one-shot supporting character now?

:pimp:

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce

when you're heading down to the bottom of the sealed grounds and all the bokoblins bum-rush at you, it's listed as the horde battle. maybe we could call ourselves the horde?

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Then why can't a reoccuring supporting character replace a definate one-shot supporting character now?

:pimp:
Little fanbase, little potential, little individuality, less importance in any of the roles compared to Ghirahim's appearance.

And this.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
when you're heading down to the bottom of the sealed grounds and all the bokoblins bum-rush at you, it's listed as the horde battle. maybe we could call ourselves the horde?
Sounds terrifying. I like it :laugh:

Although it doesn't sound like it's immediately associated with Ghirahim.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Little fanbase, little potential, little individuality, less importance in any of the roles compared to Ghirahim's appearance.

And this.
Little fanbase? Not so much, as far as Zelda characters go, she's supported quite a bit. Not AS much as Ghirahim, but not much less. She's up there with Tingle I guess.

Little potential? Check Sheik. She literally did no fighting at all. Impa did.

Little individuality?
Lol she got a double role.

Less importance? Finish the game.

:smirk:

That vid is one of the reasons he's Queerahim after all. Even though it's kinda funny. But does it beat 'Am I late?' :o

vicgur

Smash Ace
Well, I don't know about the name. But this support team is gonna be the most FABULOUS team ever.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You know, supporting Ghirahim is one thing that's ok. But I've seen people suggestion BOTH Ghirahim and Tingle as newcomers, while wanting to keep Sheik. I really don't want to turn Zelda into a sexual taboo series lol

Cause those 3 are easily the worst in the series. By far.

Twilight Princess's Cuccoo Landing guy wishes he was only HALF as gay as any of them. And damn, he's trying. :O

vicgur

Smash Ace
I'll admit, I see no problem in having Impa in the game. Heck, she is a better choice for me than stupid Tingle. As long as:
  1. She DOESN'T replace Sheik. Why would her!? To even THINK something like this is madness.
  2. She doesn't look awlful like in Skyward Sword. Yeah, that's my opinion. She looks awlful.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Sounds terrifying. I like it :laugh:

Although it doesn't sound like it's immediately associated with Ghirahim.
Agreed, I like the sound it rings, but it doesn't sound fabulous enough. Though that can be fixed.

"Lord Ghirahim's Horde of Fabulousness" XD

Little fanbase? Not so much, as far as Zelda characters go, she's supported quite a bit. Not AS much as Ghirahim, but not much less. She's up there with Tingle I guess.
Either way it is less than Ghirahim.

Little potential? Check Sheik. She literally did no fighting at all. Impa did.
Sheik was added to give depth to Zelda who was popular bad had little potential. Plus Sheik was popular. Impa, not so much. And what I mean by potential is that she'd offer little to the table, whereas Ghirahim, and even Tingle, could bring something more interesting.

Little individuality?
Lol she got a double role.
Wait, what does this have to do with her character? XD

Less importance? Finish the game.
I did. Unfortunately, the end also multiplies Ghirahim's importance as well, which was already higher than Impa's. Ghirahim's revealed role at the end actually gives hope that he could appear again, even as a different reincarnation like Link, Zelda, and Impa (but that hope is beside the point).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
While I think Impa could work well in Smash, I believe Sheik won't be replaced by Impa just due to overwhelming popularity Sheik has accumulated due to being in Melee and Brawl compared to Impa's relatively minor popularity (almost none pre-SS).

Which is a shame, considering truthfully I'd rather play as Impa than Sheik. But I very much doubt Sheik is going anywhere now, even if she hasn't appeared in the series for a while.

Plus I believe Ghirahim and Tingle (in Japan) still out-popularize Impa. Even if Ghirahim will never be seen again.

@Sage
True.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom