• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Yes, I have no clue what to do. When I saved it , it was already transparent :c

This isn't transparent, but it has the same effect on this site. XD And has some white trapped around him a bit which is annoying. >_<

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
[glow]Impa[/glow]

This is a test post, but with that being said, I think she would make an exellent character for Smash Bros. don't y'all agree?

yani

Smash Lord

This isn't transparent, but it has the same effect on this site. XD And has some white trapped around him a bit which is annoying. >_<
Works for me :3 thanks a lot! Have you been Xenoblade yet? I'm level 60 now and I can't help but think "this song needs to be in Smash" for a majority of them

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Works for me :3 thanks a lot! Have you been Xenoblade yet? I'm level 60 now and I can't help but think "this song needs to be in Smash" for a majority of them
I'm just starting Xenoblade (I had a pile of other games to get through first), but I remember listening to the music almost like two years ago, and loving it. I'm going to give it another listen. :bee:

Hoots

Can Be Combative
People worship the hell out of Toise here lol
Really? I haven't really noticed that, but I guess I'm kinda in and out here.

Also Sol, I really really want to like your avatar, but as Admiral Ackbar said...

Also also, pretty much the entire Xenoblade soundtrack should be in Smash 4.

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
[glow]All Hail Geno[/glow]

This is a test. Only a test. You should still hail Geno regardless

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Very good post. It'd probably be worth it to go back and read it (he only had one post (i think))

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Like I said, I'm bad with words. So much pressure. XD

@Holder: Before Diddy and Impa came along, the only real specific character arguments were for the Pokemon (Zoroark, Victini) and FE characters (BK, Caeda, and an FE13 lord).

NOTE: It's commonly excepted that Pokemon and FE would get newcomers, and based on the trends of the series, that is why specific character arguments came up within those series. Not to mention the series don't have major recurring characters either.

The arguments for other series, including the new ones (Punch Out, S&P) were all based on if could actually get newcomers, or in other words, we already knew the possible newcomers but will the series get them? The Mario series did have Toad arguments but that was more based on whether or not the character would be viable in Smash.

With the Zelda series, I don't think I need to explain Ghirahim.

Tingle isn't as popular as many think. The west pretty much hates him. The Japanese are neutral on him. His spin-off games never sold all that well and were not received all too well. He also lacks appearences in recent Zelda games, so he's too out of it at this point in time.

Impa, literally, was never even brought up until Diddy remembered her. That's a testimate to what people, not Zelda fans, think of her. She hasn't even been mentioned on any Japanese sites either. She never really did anything until SS. So that's what both we and Diddy target. So she's more or less a new character. There may be some popularity to her now, but it's not enough to make notable in any way. Other than that, arguments for her go into either replacing Sheik or making Zelda her own character which I never really understood as Sheik is Zelda. lol

@Chaoskid: That quote was from the summer time, so it was probably referring to Kid Icarus. Both Palutena and Medusa have similar cases to Impa, as in they have new roles within a recent game. But they have always been argued and are actually remembed, were requested back in Brawl, have been under Sakurai's directioon for a while now (Palutena in fact since 2005). They also have different roles in their games as well.

That was a mouthfull. I hope it clarifies something or actually makes sense. I probably forgot something here or there though. :p

People worship the hell out of Toise here lol
I wouldn't say that. He does make many good points and arguments which is why people refer to him so often and have respect for him.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Really? I haven't really noticed that, but I guess I'm kinda in and out here.

Also Sol, I really really want to like your avatar, but as Admiral Ackbar said...
All that matters is that I like it. :awesome:
[glow]All Hail Geno[/glow]

This is a test. Only a test. You should still hail Geno regardless
The only time I see Geno in Sm4sh is as a guest character, like Snake and Sonic. But then that would mean we won't see anymore Square-Enix characters as guests unless Sakurai decides to be more lenient with the "1 character per 3rd party" rule.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Nice to see SSBF return. Welcome back!:cool:

Also, does the domain thing pretty much confirm that NoA is getting Fire Emblem: Awakening?

[Glow]Also, Muddy for Smash:cool:[/Glow]

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Yeah I beat it some time ago (I played it nonstop until I got around to the last part of the game). I am on my second play through with my levels carried over so my desire to play it has lessened because I'm repeating everything and all of the enemies are so weak compared to me. Though, I intend to get to 99 someday because there are a lot of mobs that you can go and fight at that point which is going to be a lot of fun, but the 80-99 range is going to be tough to climb over. Pretty much a grind fest. >_<

As for the music, omfg DEFINITELY. The more I think about Xenoblade the more it sounds good to have it represented at least in some way. Shulk is definitely in the top 5 of my most desired characters. Everyone post your top 5 if you like, see what trends we can see if you're interested.

1. Ghirahim
2. Geno
3. Paper Mario
4. Shulk
5. Palutena

Also, no problem. ^_^ If you need any pictures that need a background with that color I can take a few seconds and do that. I don't know enough about pictures and such to do transparency and such ha. ^^;

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Top 5 Most Wanted?

1. Muddy
2. Little Mac
3. King K. Rool
4. Starfy
5. Ridley

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
@Chaoskid: That quote was from the summer time, so it was probably referring to Kid Icarus. Both Palutena and Medusa have similar cases to Impa, as in they have new roles within a recent game. But they have always been argued and are actually remembed, were requested back in Brawl, have been under Sakurai's directioon for a while now (Palutena in fact since 2005). They also have different roles in their games as well.

That was a mouthfull. I hope it clarifies something or actually makes sense. I probably forgot something here or there though. :p
Ah that's true, I sort of forgot about them. Although they've always been important to their franchise, it's just that the franchise has never really received much attention til Sakurai got his hands on it.

Thanks, that does help clear things up for me though, I think I get what Toise was talking about.

Also, does the domain thing pretty much confirm that NoA is getting Fire Emblem: Awakening?
I don't think it guarantees we will get FE13 (I recall Nintendo doing this with other games that weren't actually ever localized, although examples escape me right now), but I think that it's a very very good chance. Especially since apparently it's been selling well in Japan.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Top 5 most wanted (not expected):

Isaac
Krystal
Shulk
Palutena
Zoroark

That's right, I actually support Zoroark, I don't just expect him to get in like everybody else. :laugh:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Top 5 Most Wanted?

1. Muddy
2. Little Mac
3. King K. Rool
4. Starfy
5. Ridley
Top 5?

Waluigi
Tingle
Paper Mario
Bowser Jr.
Isaac
Three thus far and they are all over the place. XD 2 Paper Marios so far, both in the third spot. Keep posting these people. D<

All that matters is that I like it. :awesome:
I don't care if it is a trap. :awesome: I like it. XD

With the Zelda series, I don't think I need to explain Ghirahim.
Because he is so fabulous, yeah I agree with you. Well put. :3

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
But...where's mega man? lol.
Lost hope for him a long time ago. Ever since Ultimate MvC 3 made him unable to be played as.(costumes don't count. It's not the same character)

@Heel: Indeed. Paper Mario is probably one of my favorite choices since he brings a lot to the table without relying on generic tricks at all. Hammers may have ...4 users, but that doesn't mean he uses it that similarly anyway.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Wanted? That's tough for me:

Ridley
Mewtwo
MegaMan
Saki
Little Mac

Speaking of Mewtwo though... :laugh:

Because he is so fabulous, yeah I agree with you. Well put. :3
You have learned well. :p

yani

Smash Lord
I'm just starting Xenoblade (I had a pile of other games to get through first), but I remember listening to the music almost like two years ago, and loving it. I'm going to give it another listen. :bee:
How are you liking your play through so far? :bee:

Yeah I beat it some time ago (I played it nonstop until I got around to the last part of the game). I am on my second play through with my levels carried over so my desire to play it has lessened because I'm repeating everything and all of the enemies are so weak compared to me. Though, I intend to get to 99 someday because there are a lot of mobs that you can go and fight at that point which is going to be a lot of fun, but the 80-99 range is going to be tough to climb over. Pretty much a grind fest. >_<
Ah yeah I heard about the whole NG+. It's optional right? and also, would you mind telling me how far along I am? *
Spoilers!!
I recently got Seven, and I'm currently in the Fortress hitting switches

As for the music, omfg DEFINITELY. The more I think about Xenoblade the more it sounds good to have it represented at least in some way. Shulk is definitely in the top 5 of my most desired characters. Everyone post your top 5 if you like, see what trends we can see if you're interested.
I would be insulted if this game is not represented! A beautiful HD stage, beautiful songs, one of Dunban/Riki/Reyn AT and a playable Shulk :awesome:

My top 5:
1. Dixie Kong
2. Shulk
3. Geno
4. Palutena
5. King K. Rool
(Banjo Kazooie would be on there if they were eligible) :c

and I'll keep that in mind for the pictures, thank you again. :)

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Just read SSBF's lengthy post

Only thing I can really say that hasn't already been said, is this: I'm glad that you doin a lot better, my man! It seems like you took a much needed break from here and it paid off!

And I so, so, soooooooo agree with you on the whole disappointment part. That's what I've been trying to say. And with that said, I think people care too much about the game and its roster to actually appreciate the journey that comes before it. Brawl's DOJO made me realize just how FUN it used to be to cross my fingers for certain characters to make it in, the anticipation of what might be revealed next before the game released, and to watch all the trailers that came for the game, and I can't wait to do all that again with Smash 4. And even better is that I get to speculate with all y'all cool folks here for the next 2-3 years. So yeah, the day this goddamned game gets officially revealed is gonna be a day to remember for me

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
@yani

So far I'm loving it, like I thought I would! Although I think it's still a mix of a great game and actually getting a localized version of Xenoblade that's causing my euphoria. :laugh:

If B&K were eligible, I would be going Diddy Kong Impa on them right now.

@Sol

I would hate if Ryu was added over Megaman, but I would somehow be alright with Dan being added over Megaman, lol.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Ah yeah I heard about the whole NG+. It's optional right? and also, would you mind telling me how far along I am? *
Spoilers!!
I recently got Seven, and I'm currently in the Fortress hitting switches
Yeah it is optional, it asks whether you wish to do it or not. I chose yes but kept my save file for my first playthrough.

And I ended up beating it at level 81, and in terms of storyline progression you are getting towards the end. You still have quite a bit to do though.

Also about Megaman, I like him and want him in, but if Amaterasu somehow got in instead, that'd fill my heart with rainbows, seriously. XD We should just get both and then Geno!!! Then never get third parties again. I think it sounds reasonable.

@---, and you thought you weren't good with words. Silly. xD

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
1. Krystal
2. Dixie Kong
3. Geno
4. Samurai Goroh
5. Medusa

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
My top 5 is in my signature, in order. now if it would ever show up, that'd be great. it's mewtwo, ridley, ghirahim, genesect, and roy. the first two are interchangeable, as are the second two.

also i don't care much about megaman. if he's added, great. i'll give him a try. if not, oh well. his games never appealed to me.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
1. Mewtwo
2. Roy
3. Samurai Goroh
4. King K. Rool
5. Ridley

My Pipe Dream choices (awwww ****): Cyber Smoke or Ermac
Fulgore
Gary Mother****ing Oak or Misty (as a Pokemon Trainer)
Pac-Man
Viewtiful Joe

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Top 5:
1. Starfy
2. Paper Mario
3. Mewtwo
4. King K. Rool
5. Shy Guy :troll:

This doesn't include 3rd Party. If it did, Megaman would replace Shy Guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom