• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Phoenix Wright is the only character who I played a game who has in MvC3 ._.
Really? Even though I dont much care for the state of Capcom at the moment, they do have some pretty great series you should check out.

Even if you don't like stuff like SF or RE, games like Okami and Viewtiful Joe are still really fun.

Oh, and Megaman. Almost forgot about him. lol

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Well since I have absolutely **** all to talk about, I'll just leave this.

These are all characters I'd love to see and main the **** out of. :smirk:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
^While it's not likely, and I would make a few changes, I actually wouldn't mind if this was the roster.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@FalchionX7: Add another row with Jigglypuff and others, and we're good. That includes Sonic and Snake.

I refuse to play it if the original 12 are not in. No substitutes, no exceptions.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@Johnknight: Obviously you haven't played MMIV and MMV. The latter was just as good if not better than the original 3 games.

I just want to see him get some weapons that contribute to Mega's obvious projectile pressure game. Not that the Metal Blades couldn't, just my own opinion.
Yeah, I get what you mean. I would also like to see some diversity in the weapons. Like Gravity effects, long ranged weapons, swords, various kinds of beams, etc.

Anyways, I'm out.

grizby2

Smash Lord
@ Sol
if nintendo was smart, they would take notice about the negativity from the fans of megaman from when capcom cancled MM legends 3 (placing some blame on the fans nonetheless :() and put the most hideous rendition of megaman in street fight VS tekken right after.
personally *looks for witnesses* i prefer the plushy wushy megaman form megaman powered up :embarrass:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
^ Agreed.

Also, what if they decided to put Miyamoto himself as a playable character, with that guy's face from Brain Age as an Assist Trophy? Just throwing ideas around...
Didn't Miyamoto say something about possibly being in Brawl? Wonder whatever happened to that?

Personally, I don't think he should be in, but if he does. Well, I'm playing him. XDD

I'm 100% certain the Mario game IS New Super Mario Bros. Mii

Especially since they've revealed more screen shots of it recently with new features
http://wii.ign.com/articles/122/1223063p1.html

I don't know about screenshots, but this article suggests that it is based off of the game showcased previously, as in, New Super Mario Bros. Mii. I am a bit disappointed if this is true, I don't want two more NSMB, I want one and then a new 3D mario. :c

As for SSBF's post, I think we have been doing pretty well 'round these parts lately. I try to remind people to calm down or stop with the name calling anytime I'm around and see it, but it isn't too often or too extreme. I don't recall being around during whatever post SSBF posted, but I'm surprised he would post something apparently so "evil", he seemed so chill and nice when I was around. O: But anyways, yeah, we're good. And I'm being a pretend moderator in terms of the aggression towards one another here. :cool:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Well since I have absolutely **** all to talk about, I'll just leave this.

These are all characters I'd love to see and main the **** out of. :smirk:
Needs a few drops of

[COLLAPSE="lol"]

Whenever there are separate pages for SSB4 on here for each character fanbase, I call dibs on making the one for my main lady man Ghirahim. :cool:
[/COLLAPSE]

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
@ Sol
if nintendo was smart, they would take notice about the negativity from the fans of megaman from when capcom cancled MM legends 3 (placing some blame on the fans nonetheless :() and put the most hideous rendition of megaman in street fight VS tekken right after.
personally *looks for witnesses* i prefer the plushy wushy megaman form megaman powered up :embarrass:
Honestly, I like the Powered Up version of Mega Man myself. Just as long as we can get the classic Blue Bomber, then I'll be fine. The Powered Up version is just icing on the cuteness cake.
I refuse to play it if the original 12 are not in. No substitutes, no exceptions.
^ This. It's an unwritten law that the original 12 MUST be included in ever Smash Bros. game, no matter how long it's been since they starred in one of their own games. Samus was a great example for Smash 64, and Captain Falcon stands as a good example for Brawl, and assuming there's no F-Zero before Sm4sh, then he'll be an even better example of this.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I just want to say that I am deeply sorry for what I said. There was clearly other ways I could have portrayed it, but I did it out of irrationality and was overly emotional about it.
What was it you said again?
Back then, I was a depressed person. My mind was all about Smash 4 and getting Victini in Smash 4 to prevent Zoroark's inclusion and mentally, it swallowed me up. I felt like a failure and worried every day that my dream of being myself would never be accomplished.
That's what stress will do to ya. Believe me, I know from experience. Did you get that feeling you were absolutely trapped in darkness[

Since I left this thread a couple of months ago, my life has been changing. In February, around the time I left, I saw Schindler's List (my grandmother bought me the DVD). The one thing I saw in Oskar Schindler that I could learn from was that no matter how far you fall morally, anyone can be a hero and anyone can change their life. I would argue that this is one of the very best movies ever to be created and it has been influential to changing me for the better.
That's how it was for me with The Lion King after I saw it again last year. I didn't really get to see more of depth behind the story until I was out of my severe anxiety (still dealing with it though). Now, I look at it more than just a story, but of journey of finding my place on the path of unwinding, in the circle, the circle of life, circle of life. I'm still waiting to claim my title of King of Pride Rock. It's also opened up my eyes, thanks to my psychiatrist visit yesterday, that I want a career in helping the environment. It's something I've wanted longer than I've realized.
Starphoenix here has it down perfectly...This is one of the best post on the Internet because what he's saying is true. We go too much into the game and it eventually consumes us, like it did me. And eventually, if the vicious behavior most of us exhibit on those who disagree with us continues, it will be the undoing of our fan base. I ask that everyone, including myself, keep this in mind.
This could apply to any fanbase. The solution is just to have an open mind and let things go its course.
My most wanted character has steered back to Mega Man. I have always loved Mega Man and have always wanted him to be in Smash. If he were to be in, I would immediately main him. Luckily, I feel he is very likely to show up this game and I do expect him.
Will you be ok if he doesn't make it in? I think he'll make it, but I'm simply presenting the possibility.
Two more things. First off, I will not actively push for characters I want to see in SSB4. I've realized it was pointless and I shouldn't be changing people's opinion as I tried to do so hard when I came here. Secondly, I am going to upheld a high expectation for the roster. Now I understand people are going to say "You're setting yourself up for disappointment." and I acknowledge that, but why bother avoiding disappointment? Everyone is likely to find something that they find less than satisfying, regardless of how low they set their expectations and the roster will be no exception. I expect at least fifty-three characters (transformation included). Of course I can definitely work with less, but I don't think Sakurai is going to pull a bad roster on us.
Wei wu wei. Action through inaction. Think about that and it should help with discussions.

For pushing characters, I still say that the approach done for Poison is your best bet, even if it's 50/50 as Karin didn't make into SFxTK.

Lastly, has Sakurai stated anything in regards to relevancy being a factor he considers in characters? I see it as a buzz word at worst and indirect in influence at best; in other words, I don't seriously consider it.
I honestly don't recall anything like that. The four criteria of being someone people want to play, contributes to the balance of the roster, brings something new to the table, and being adaptable to the game are very broad and don't take time into account.

And for your little bit on wanting Victini in the first place, I hope to see more gameplay justifications on your character choices. I don't see that enough in this thread. I think it encourages better thinking.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I wonder if Sakurai is aware of the Roy re-design for FE13. He did make tweets about the Nintendo Direct conference the Roy DLC was announced at, and later made tweets about the upcoming Kid Icarus Uprising patches that were announced at the conference. I think Sakurai being aware of a major re-design for Roy during the the very earliest stages of development might do some good for Roy.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I wonder if Sakurai is aware of the Roy re-design for FE13. He did make tweets about the Nintendo Direct conference the Roy DLC was announced at, and later made tweets about the upcoming Kid Icarus Uprising patches that were announced at the conference. I think Sakurai being aware of a major re-design for Roy during the the very earliest stages of development might do some good for Roy.
Mentioning that, we can't forget the potential of patches that Nintendo can make to balance the game if need be, especially if there's - say - an exploit people can abuse of some kind, no?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It'll be really odd, to say the least, to hear more on Nintendo that isn't upcoming games.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Considering Roy is the second most requested character in Japan, he is probably among the characters Sakurai is narrowing down for playability. I assume Sakurai would research and keep up to date on all these characters during this stage, which would include Roy's new design.

Whether or not it affects his chances is something nobody except Sakurai would know.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Mentioning that, we can't forget the potential of patches that Nintendo can make to balance the game if need be, especially if there's - say - an exploit people can abuse of some kind, no?
I think the news of patches for titles like Mario Kart 7 and Kid Icarus Uprising has big implications for Smash 4. Hopefully this means even if there are over-powered or garbage characters at the time of release that their that they will fixed later on.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ah well. My girlfriend does. :awesome:

With that said. I'm not staying for long.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
<3

Up for Impa vs Queerahim?

lol I'd be DEAD if I brought up other women!! Though she did found the Impa 4 Smash photo from me on my phone lolz.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think the news of patches for titles like Mario Kart 7 and Kid Icarus Uprising has big implications for Smash 4. Hopefully this means even if there are over-powered or garbage characters at the time of release that their that they will fixed later on.
My concern is how will Nintendo distinguish what are really problems and are people sucking at the game. They've never done anything like this. Hopefully, they'll be realistic about it because I doubt the patches are ever free even from Nintendo.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
My concern is how will Nintendo distinguish what are really problems and are people sucking at the game. They've never done anything like this. Hopefully, they'll be realistic about it because I doubt the patches are ever free even from Nintendo.
I'm confident that if there are any game-changing glitches, like in MK7 or Other M, Nintendo will patch those, and possibly if we have another Meta-Knight on our hands, but you're right, other than that we have no idea what Nintendo or Sakurai sees as a problem.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
The MK7 patch is free. DLC is a completely different story.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
God, I still can't get over that badass design. If they do plan to bring Roy back then they should use this one, and change his moveset of course.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I know it was said before, but I still agree that whoever did the design for Roy (and The Last Story characters) should design an entire FE game.

I would explode from epic overdose.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The MK7 patch is free. DLC is a completely different story.
I'm talking about balance patches. What will be indeed OP and what won't be anything but scrubs not adapting? This is the first time Nintendo's done this sort of thing outside of Pokemon.

It's like people complaining about Blanka or El Fuerte in SF4 when they're both low tier.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
God, I still can't get over that badass design. If they do plan to bring Roy back then they should use this one, and change his moveset of course.
I think if Roy does return, Eruption will be given to Roy, while Ike (who may be in his FE10 incarnation) will be given an axe-based move for his neutral special. I believe this the case since there is a strong suspicion that the move Eruption originally belonged to Roy, and Sakurai's statement of Ike having a ranged attack but then having to cut it out due to balance issues.

I also think when Roy charges any of his A-smash moves or performs his specials, the Sword of Seals will be on fire, much like how in Brawl the swords of Link and Marth glowed with light.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
I'm talking about balance patches. What will be indeed OP and what won't be anything but scrubs not adapting? This is the first time Nintendo's done this sort of thing outside of Pokemon.

It's like people complaining about Blanka or El Fuerte in SF4 when they're both low tier.
Patche's well darn i guess if there going to have dlc,Then they will need patches.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Doesn't Roy have 2 blades in his current design?

Do you think that will be incorporated into his moveset?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom