• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Lol yeah that's so true. I feel like I only come back here to lol at chris, read Star's stage concepts, and see others character movesets.

It's because we try avoiding the character discussion which takes up about 100 pages. At least the private group still has something to discuss since they're primarily for characters.

I do feel bad for them if they're having a huge argument :p

Soooo.... What now? Maybe start a character discussion but I'm afraid of what will happen if we do that.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Let's see who I don't want.

Before I start, I say just one thing: NO MORE UNNECESSARY CLONES FOR CHARACTERS WITH POTENTIAL. (Luigi is not included, and Lucas.)

- Mario-series: Paper Mario

LOZ: Another Young Link who's a clone.

Starfox: Wolf (if he's a clone)

DK - Wierd characters like Kritter and such. Dixie Kong and K.Rool.

Kid Icarus: Medusa. Little wierdt to think her as a character...

Uhmm... not much characters who I don't want.

Before I start, I say just one thing: NO MORE UNNECESSARY CLONES FOR CHARACTERS WITH POTENTIAL. (Luigi is not included, and Lucas.)

LOZ: Another Young Link who's a clone.

Uhmm... not much characters who I don't want.
What's wrong with Paper Mario. I mean, he's not gonna be a clone and he's not even Mario the character himself (From what I've heard).

I'm hoping Young Link isn't a clone. Maybe you can use his masks from Majora's mask.

Off for now

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Yup.

Character discussion and game discussion
V
V
V
V
Impossible characters to add, stage discussion and movesets
V
V
V
V
Social
Well it shouldn't be too long till Sakurai starts talking about it and maybe polls the fans. Maybe late summer. I just need Guild Wars 2 to come out so I can forget about Smash for a year or so. Need to make the wait seem less!

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I feel like we are running out of topics to go over with no new info on Smash.
Why do you think I'm more focused on making sigs and working on my stage concepts? Most of the series we are discussing still have titles yet to be released so trying to talk about them feels premature. Plus we have so little information I don't feel like wasting time over the same topics.

Right now I'm working on a comprehensive moveset, more sigs, another stage concept and am about to try making a kirby hat.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That's why I am not for Zoroark getting in at all. Not that he would be bad, I just think that aside from his Illusion ability, I would see him as a Lucario replacement.
Zoroark and Lucario behave differently though. Lucario utilizes aura, which is not what Zoroark has.

I have to go to work, but I want to ask a quick question.

Who do you not want to see in SSB4? Think of characters that actually have at least a minuscule chance. I'll give an answer this evening.
Mostly generic characters and random Pokemon. They'd fit the roles as Assist Trophies, Poke Balls, or enemies.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Word check this then, something like this would be perfect over Smashville. Speaking of this song, I'm going to put it on my Smashville now LOL

Sorry to bother you homie, but Star do you think you could make me a better StarFox sig than the one I have right now? I've had this since '08. Time for something new. Also I can't wait to see your new stuff then.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I wonder if the director happens to be a Dragonball fan

[COLLAPSE="Simple Speculation?"]

[/COLLAPSE]

I hate that you stated it like that...well only because I think they both kick *** equally

However, let debates ensue
Sorry if this is a double post but Lol that is really similar.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I completely agree with that idea. That idea is actually a reality for me since my Wii has homebrew and I can just override the music on Brawl with my own music by putting the music code in.

Sonic Colors was the first Sonic game since SA2 that I enjoyed. It's pretty good. I'm kinda sad that Sega is starting to gear away from co-op with different characters though or playing other characters' stories. That's what made me love the SA series the most. Atm after seeing a video interview with one of the people for Sonic Gen. they said there is co-op but only between Modern and Classic Sonic. No Shadow, Tails, Knuckles, etc. Those characters make apperances but aren't playable.

Also Delfino Plaza

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Word check this then, something like this would be perfect over Smashville. Speaking of this song, I'm going to put it on my Smashville now LOL

Sorry to bother you homie, but Star do you think you could make me a better StarFox sig than the one I have right now? I've had this since '08. Time for something new. Also I can't wait to see your new stuff then.
Hey not a problem, I'll work on it later this evening when I'm back at home. I'll think of something creative.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
^ Thanks homie.

Oh speaking of the Sonic Adventure Series, Sega had an interview and info about an SA3 got leaked and was taken down 30 mins afterwards. If Sega was so quick to take it down I'm guessing it's true.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

Why would K.Rool be a clone? He is definetly a unique villain, he should represent Smash as the DK villain rep.

If Dixie shows up with Diddy as a tag team I wouldn't see her as a clone, on the contrary she along with Diddy would pretty much offer new way to play much like the Ice Climbers did.

Medusa?? A Clone?? Why do you assume her to be a clone?

If anything she wod be unique, besides with the new Uprising game coming up she definetly has potential as both a playable character and uniqueness.

I've said this many times already, HE ISN'T A MARIO CLONE! Have you even played any of his games? Bot only his he popular bit his moves are very different from Mario's, plus he would probably represent his own series rather than be part of Mario, his chances are just as good as Bowser Jr.'s.

Need Proof? Here's a moveset I made for him...

First off, I think A attacks (smash attacks) would be somewhat similar to Mario but not by much... anyway here's what I think.

B: Hammer Throw
Throws a hammer forward. The hammer is thrown a little slower than Wolf's blaster and doesn't go quite as far, but does more damage.

>B: Fire Drive
A short-range attack. Paper Mario pulls out a flaming hammer and swings it in front of him. Charge by holding B.

^B: Paper Airplane
Turns into a paper airplane and flies upward. Similar to Meta Knight's ^B.
Alternate ^B: Tornado Jump
Three small tornadoes form around Paper Mario, allowing him to jump very high. Length of jump is similar to Mr. Game & Watch's ^B.

vB: Repel Cape
Paper Mario covers himself with a red cape, making him dodgy. Any attack received within a short period of time will be countered with a quick punch. Similar to Lucario's vB.
Alternate vB: Spike Shield
Paper Mario spins around, creating a blue shield of spikes around him that lasts about 1/2 second. Paper Mario is invulnerable during this time. Timing has to be just right, but does about 10% damage and some good knockback.

Final Smash: Showstopper
Mario stands in a defensive position as large stars come in from the background. These stars are larger, about 3 times faster, and do more damage than Andross' plates. There aren't as many, though. Once a star passes through an area, the area becomes a blind spot for about 7 seconds after the Final Smash has ended (nothing can be seen there; just black).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB_An_p7DO8 (starts at 0:27)

ALTERNATE COSTUMES:
Red: Normal
Green: Wears L Emblem (Paper Luigi)
Blue: Paper Jumpman (blue shirt, red overalls)
Other 1: Wears W Emblem (Paper Wario)
Other 2: Wears L Emblem and W Emblem (Paper Waluigi)
Other 3: Paper Fire Mario (white shirt, red overalls)

TAUNTS:
Taunt 1: Paper Mario looks at the screen, gives a thumbs up, and then adjusts his hat.
Taunt 2: Paper Mario spins around and wags his finger toward the screen.
Taunt 3: Paper Mario jumps back a little while waving his arms in the air, looking surprised and startled.

He would somewhat inherit the Game and Watch feel but not by much.

Why Wolf? He definetly has alot of moveset potential, if Sakurai where to change his specials a little then he would definetly be "more" unique than Falco, plus he is Fox's main antagonist, Smash needs more antagonist, Falco is just another protagonist wannabe IMO.

As far as Falco goes,If anything, Falco should get axed, he would probably return as a clone/semi clone, he's already been established as one, I don't think Sakurai is going to change him that much.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'd share my favorite Sonic music. Sadly I'm on my phone right now.:(

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Yeah Sonic Advance Series was really good too. I was hoping I would be able to do Shadow vs. Sonic in Gen. but I guess not :-/

I'll check it out Star when you get back or whenever I get back from my other partner's house. I won't be leaving until late though.

OmegaXXII

I'd share my favorite Sonic music. Sadly I'm on my phone right now.:(
How is it a problem lol?, I always use my phone for Smashboards, though it could be easier :glare: Heck I was able to put some Sonic Links yesterday. Take a look..

Okay, here are some of the Sonic tracks I'd like to see from Sonic Heroes:

Team Chaotix

The Lost Jungle

Final Boss (what I'm made of)

Grand Metropolis

Team Sonic theme

Egg Fleet

Team Rose

Rail Canyon

Final Fortress

Shadow the Hedgehog - Cosmic Fall

Those are some that I would love to see as far as Sonic goes, even though there are alot of games to choose from...

Bonus Sonic Generations - City Escape 2011 HD

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration
Why would K.Rool be a clone? He is definetly a unique villain, he should represent Smash as the DK villain rep.

If Dixie shows up with Diddy as a tag team I wouldn't see her as a clone, on the contrary she along with Diddy would pretty much offer new way to play much like the Ice Climbers did.

Medusa?? A Clone?? Why do you assume her to be a clone?

If anything she wod be unique, besides with the new Uprising game coming up she definetly has potential as both a playable character and uniqueness.

I've said this many times already, HE ISN'T A MARIO CLONE! Have you even played any of his games? Bot only his he popular bit his moves are very different from Mario's, plus he would probably represent his own series rather than be part of Mario, his chances are just as good as Bowser Jr.'s.

Need Proof? Here's a moveset I made for him...

Why Wolf? He definetly has alot of moveset potential, if Sakurai where to change his specials a little then he would definetly be "more" unique than Falco, plus he is Fox's main antagonist, Smash needs more antagonist, Falco is just another protagonist wannabe IMO.

As far as Falco goes,If anything, Falco should get axed, he would probably return as a clone/semi clone, he's already been established as one, I don't think Sakurai is going to change him that much.
Hmmm...I coulda sworn I said something like "SSB needs more villians" somewhere in these posts.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
See if they just look back at the adventure fields and story separation/selection from SA, then take the running animations and multiplayer from SA2. Add something new to make it get a good vibe, something like the tech demo for Sonic 06 because idk wtf happened with Sonic 06 the tech demo that for it made the game look amazing and then I played game at my cousin's house and I had a hard time believing it was the same game LOL.

LOL@ Omega.

EDIT: I added the link to the demo, see how good the game looked?? Wtf happened? It's like Sega said this game is too good let's scrap it and make some random **** in one month.

I know this was actually in the game but when I got to this stage it felt really dumbed down and was no where as good on the demo

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration
So, Chris, what do you think of the villain selection? What characters would you like to see as far as Villains go?

You're gonna say Smoke
Well,just either make the villians based off SSB4's story mode or like I suggested earlier,put in villians from each Universe like King K Rool,like I said eariler.Vati or whatshisname could be a new villian for the Zelda Universe along with a SS version of Ganon.
I was gona say Smoke :awesome:

OmegaXXII

Well,just either make the villians based off SSB4's story mode or like I suggested earlier,put in villians from each Universe like King K Rool,like I said eariler.Vati or whatshisname could be a new villian for the Zelda Universe along with a SS version of Ganon.
I was gona say Smoke :awesome:
I agree with K. Rool, I'd rather see him than Dixie as herself.

As for the new Zelda rep, Grahaim is the new SS boss, but it's unlikely that we would probably get both Ganon and Grahaim, fans would be upset if Gharaim would to replace Ganon, I also think it's unlikely that we'll even get 5 Zelda reps including ToonLink/ Young Link.

@xBlisx: You should seriously play the Sonic Generations demo with classic Sonic if you haven't already, it's short but fun.

I can't wait for Modern Sonic's City Escape.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I can already tell Classic Sonic's part is going to be perfect. I looked at it and could tell LOL. Modern Sonic worries me though. EITHER WAY THOUGH, playing Speed Highway is going to be fun with both characters.

@the turning thing - I understand that but compare Unleashed/Colors/Secret Rings/etc. turning to the SA series. You'll hate the former.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom