• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Matthew

Statistics:

Speed ​​Equivalent DK
Jump Equivalent Bowser
Equivalent Force Marth
Weight Equivalent to Link

Neutrals:

A: Punch.
AA: Punch with your other hand.
AAA: Kick.
Side Smash A: Attack cross with an ax.
Up Smash A: Four Courts up with the Light Blade.
Down Smash A: Three small explosions on the ground.

'A' in Air: Attack with both arms.
'Side A' in Air: Meteor Smash.
'Other Side' A 'in Air: Punch without looking back.
'Up A' in Air: Punch up.
'Down A' in Air: Kick down.

Looking up 'A': Punch powered up.
Walking 'A': Small explosion on the ground forward.
Running 'A': Roundhouse.
Kneeling 'A': Small explosion on the ground.

Specials:

Standard B: Spire - A Clay column appears with force - equivalent to the Falcon Punch however faster.
Side B: Growth - Plants with poisonous spines appear and shake the opponent.
Down B: Ragnarok - an energy sword appears with force - so slow and strong as the Warlock Punch.
Up B: A floating rock appears and stands up. As effective as the 'Up B' Snake.
Final Smash: Earthquake - Similar to the Olimar Final Smash, nobody escapes the damage, but in the end, only fly those who are close to Matthew.

Taunts:

Up: raise small stones and say, I feel connected with Venus
Down: Take the sword from the sheath and then save again.
Side: It would do some type of pose and say: Do you feel humiliated?

I doubt Medusa will get in before Magnus most franchises have an ally in before the antagonist
Mario, Luigi, Bowser
Fox, Falco, Wolf
Pikachu,Jigglypuff, Mewtwo[/ B]
Link, Zelda, Ganondorf
So if you go but that logic... Magnus will get in before Medusa. As for Travis didn't suda51 want him in Smash? Konami begged Sakurai to let Snake in I heard and Suda51 and Sakurai are freinds so it isn't too out of the question.

Well, Magnus only appeared in one game. Medusa has an important role in the series plus she's obviously more important than Magnus in general.

I'm not so sure about Travis. The only sure/likely/deserving 3rd part I see is Megaman. If Snake and Sonic aren't in the next smash, make room for Travis and Slime.

Do want!

But how about his Ultimate techniques? Or other weapons besides Dragon sword? The sword should be main but some Scythe, Talon and Staff (IMO his main gear) attacks should be in there too.

Oh I guess final smash could be uninterrupable Ultimate combo always continuing to the nearest opponent.

Muramasa (shop? taunt?) or Ayane might be incorporateable somehow too
Still in progress. Right now I'm working on it.
At least Link and Toon Link are completely different people, unlike Mario and Paper Mario.
Then again, I didn't know what Oasis meant so I'm gonna ask this question:

Is Paper Mario different from Mario? I heard he's just another Mario from some other dimension/universe. Just asking.

Raccoon_Mario22

Smash Cadet
I don't know if this has been mentioned but I would kinda like to see the main character from River City Ransom make an appearance in SSB4.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I don't know if this has been mentioned but I would kinda like to see the main character from River City Ransom make an appearance in SSB4.
Well Kunio kun is very popular in Japan. I wouldn't rule him out completely.

(then again he MIGHT have started in a manga, so that kinda breaks the rules, but don't quote me for this, I could be mistaken).

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Never played this game.
Maybe you should. It was relevant enough to inspire a lot of modern age games like Castle Crashers and Scott Pilgrim vs The World. :p

I never finished RCR though. The dialogue while you fight has to be the best thing about it.

Unnecesary fact:
-I wasted 500 points buying Urban Champion belieivng it was actually River City Ransom. >=/

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Maybe you should. It was relevant enough to inspire a lot of modern age games like Castle Crashers and Scott Pilgrim vs The World. :p

I never finished RCR though. The dialogue while you fight has to be the best thing about it.

Unnecesary fact:
-I wasted 500 points buying Urban Champion belieivng it was actually River City Ransom. >=/
I think I'll download for my Super Nintendo emulator.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I think I'll download for my Super Nintendo emulator.
It's an NES game though. :p

---

Anyway, now that I mentioned Urban Champion, I had an Assist Trophy idea for him.

First he obviously comes out of the torphy stand, and starts walking towards the nearest opponent. He will jab or punch him (in the most predictable way possible). His jabs have hitstun, and his punches... well they pack quite a punch.

After a couple of seconds you'll hear a police siren, and Urban Champion will back off and starts acting indifferent, moments before a Police Car rams everything that's standing on the floor.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
It's an NES game though. :p

---

Anyway, now that I mentioned Urban Champion, I had an Assist Trophy idea for him.

First he obviously comes out of the torphy stand, and starts walking towards the nearest opponent. He will jab or punch him (in the most predictable way possible). His jabs have hitstun, and his punches... well they pack quite a punch.

After a couple of seconds you'll hear a police siren, and Urban Champion will back off and starts acting indifferent, moments before a Police Car rams everything that's standing on the floor.

If Little Mac to become playable, that would be a good substitute!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I doubt Medusa will get in before Magnus most franchises have an ally in before the antagonist
Mario, Luigi, Bowser
Fox, Falco, Wolf
Pikachu,Jigglypuff, Mewtwo[/ B]
Link, Zelda, Ganondorf
So if you go but that logic... Magnus will get in before Medusa. As for Travis didn't suda51 want him in Smash? Konami begged Sakurai to let Snake in I heard and Suda51 and Sakurai are freinds so it isn't too out of the question.

Well, Magnus only appeared in one game. Medusa has an important role in the series plus she's obviously more important than Magnus in general.
Okay, you guys... why isn't Palutena considered an ally? Why Magnus before Palutena? Why Medusa before Palutena? She's been in all three games while Medusa was in two of them and Magnus was in one game. Not to mention that besides Pit, the only other Kid Icarus character who appeared in Brawl was Palutena and her 3D model looks awfully detailed for a NPC. The only reason why people want Medusa is because she is a twofer token minority (female and villain) and Magnus because he is new. I am pretty sure we might get both Palutena and Medusa as newcomers. Sakurai can just give Palutena Pit's old Final Smash (it is called Palutena's Army, not Pit's Army) and give Pit a new one from Uprising. How hard can that be?

Travis Touchdown does not deserve to get in SSB4. He only had two games. Why should a third-party character who had two games get in before other third-party characters who had many games on the Nintendo consoles like Mega Man, Slime, Pac-Man, Simon Belmont, and many others? He needs to get back in the line, no cutting. Unlike Nintendo characters, Sakurai needs to be more careful when it comes to adding third-party characters.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'm all up for both Palutena AND Medusa. :D

Would be the first franchise, besides Metroid in SSB (for sad reasons), to be mostly female based.

But more importantly.
Sakurai has been working on KI:U for a while now, and the models are there. The moves are there. The stages are there (only need to work on making them "2D"), the music is there. Sakurai could easily sneak both characters in. One from the start, one unlockable.

(Though for a 3-game franchise, 3 characters might seem too much... But I like KI so I won't complain. :D)

And I agree with your sentiment on Travis Touchdown. The guy has been around for ONE generation only so far. Though I like his games, he's nowhere near as important as Megaman, Bomberman, or Pacman.

Think of it this way.... If your favorite Nintendo characters don't make it in, but a random 3rd party character who has been around for one year does, chances are it'll make you mad.
If there's going to be 3rd party characters, they should be SO important and relevant to Nintendo that you could consider them part of the family, and that you wouldn't mind them getting in over another Nintendo character. :p (And Suda 51 has mentioned how No More Heroes won't ever set foot on a Nintendo console again, last time I checked).

At least that's why I didn't mind Sonic (didn't happen with Snake because I preferred Simon Belmont as a Konami rep, but ooh well).

Okay, you guys... why isn't Palutena considered an ally? Why Magnus before Palutena? Why Medusa before Palutena? She's been in all three games while Medusa was in two of them and Magnus was in one game. Not to mention that besides Pit, the only other Kid Icarus character who appeared in Brawl was Palutena and her 3D model looks awfully detailed for a NPC. The only reason why people want Medusa is because she is a twofer token minority (female and villain) and Magnus because he is new. I am pretty sure we might get both Palutena and Medusa as newcomers. Sakurai can just give Palutena Pit's old Final Smash (it is called Palutena's Army, not Pit's Army) and give Pit a new one from Uprising. How hard can that be?

Travis Touchdown does not deserve to get in SSB4. He only had two games. Why should a third-party character who had two games get in before other third-party characters who had many games on the Nintendo consoles like Mega Man, Slime, Pac-Man, Simon Belmont, and many others? He needs to get back in the line, no cutting. Unlike Nintendo characters, Sakurai needs to be more careful when it comes to adding third-party characters.
I'm just indifferent to Paletuna. I don't have anything against her. The moveset excuse is pretty useless all the time. Just remove Paletuna from Pit's final smash and leave it like that. Done.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, for a two-game franchise at the time, we got Fox and Falco in Melee... so yeah, why not? :awesome: After we get Palutena and Medusa, the Kid Icarus series would be complete like the Kirby series is now. ;)

Well, for a two-game franchise at the time, we got Fox and Falco in Melee... so yeah, why not? :awesome: After we get Palutena and Medusa, the Kid Icarus series would be complete like the Kirby series is now. ;)
Star Fox:
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Kirby:
Kirby
MK
Dedede

Kid Icarus:
Pit
Paletuna
Medusa

Oooh. I see where you're getting at. There are 2 heroes and 1 villian. The problem is will we get 2 reps in the next smash?

Hoots

Can Be Combative
As far as Kid Icarus reps go, I REALLY don't want Magnus. Talk about cliche and boring. Isn't Palutena more of "The Chief" and less of a figure of action? Also, MEDUSA! She has freaking SNAKES in her hair! How can we support anyone else. Also, comparing KI to other franchises is ridiculous. Falco and Meta Knight are WAY more iconic and popular than Palutena. It ia hardly the same thing and I don't think we should see patterns that aren't there

On Travis Touchdown, I refuse to talk about him anymore because my view of what's cool is apparently vastly different than most other people's and I can't even begin to fathom how people want him in Smash.

Regarding new slots(from a few pages back), people are referencing the Brawl speculation and how we only got 10 added slots so we shouldn't expect much from Smash4. However, are we forgetting that Sakurai AXED 4 characters, added a newcomer as a transformation, AND put three characters in one slot? This time around, there are no obvious cuts and less potential for transformation characters so how is a 50 slot roster (a mere 15 character increase) that inconceivable?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
We got both Meta Knight and King Dedede in Brawl... and we almost got both Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong in Brawl as well... so it isn't completely out of the question. I really want both Palutena and Medusa in Smash 4. Palutena could use some magic introduced in Uprising (she probably would just borrow Pit's magic-based attacks in Uprising in the same way Zelda borrowed Link's magic-based attacks from Ocarina of Time in Melee) and Medusa would probably turn enemies into stone in addition to her own black magic from Uprising.

How can we support anyone else. Also, comparing KI to other franchises is ridiculous. Falco and Meta Knight are WAY more iconic and popular than Palutena. It ia hardly the same thing and I don't think we should see patterns that aren't there
I'm not comparing KI to Star Fox or Kirby. It's just the pattern but I never said I believed in the patterns. In fact, I always say "Wtf? Sakurai doesn't follow these patterns."

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
We got both Meta Knight and King Dedede in Brawl... and we almost got both Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong in Brawl as well... so it isn't completely out of the question. I really want both Palutena and Medusa in Smash 4. Palutena could use some magic introduced in Uprising (she probably would just borrow Pit's magic-based attacks in Uprising in the same way Zelda borrowed Link's magic-based attacks from Ocarina of Time in Melee) and Medusa would probably turn enemies into stone in addition to her own black magic from Uprising.
I can somehow picture her using heavenly fire-arms. :p And a goddess staff.

Or using one of her centurions as projectiles.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Also, since someone asked be this a while ago, i'll answer how Professor Layton could fight as a gentleman. Well first of all, I figured all of his attack animations would be very fluid and almost effortless, especially if he uses a rapier to fight. Also, his specaials would most likely involve puzzles and contraptions which is more gentlemanly than say, Donkey Punch. Plus he would of course hold onto his hat while he fought, making him just a generally awesome character to watch.

Also, since someone asked be this a while ago, i'll answer how Professor Layton could fight as a gentleman. Well first of all, I figured all of his attack animations would be very fluid and almost effortless, especially if he uses a rapier to fight. Also, his specaials would most likely involve puzzles and contraptions which is more gentlemanly than say, Donkey Punch. Plus he would of course hold onto his hat while he fought, making him just a generally awesome character to watch.
I think I remember someone back then in the old SSB 4 thread, there was a moveset for Layton. I think it was a discussion between Aetherechoes, CrimsonFeint and Weyard. For some reason, your moveset is exactly the same with their moveset for Layton

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12952276&postcount=9789 - Ryu hayavbusa moveset update. Still not done yet.

D

Deleted member

Am I and Arcadenik the only ones who thinks we have a decent chance of getting three reps for Kid Icarus?
Starphoenix said:
I want Ray badly, but out of all the characters he fares the worst. There is no telling if this series is even active or not? The last game we saw was at the beginning of the DS's life span, an entire generation ago. Between this series and F-Zero, Nintendo needs to resurrect them for the Wii U so as to bring some diversity to the next console.
Trust me, if he gets in, he'll be in before Tom Nook, Isaac (Wii-U), Starfy (Wii-U), Duck Hunt Dog, Will, or Sukapon. I personally would love to see Ray playable as well.
Shortiecanbrawl said:
Any thoughts? Also, if I had to see another type that's already been done, I would choose normal. Most normal Pokemon have unique gimmicks that come a long with them, or at least they tend to.
I would love to see Victini get in. It's not everyday you see a legendary Fire/Psychic Pokemon and looks much more fun to play as then Zoroark.
Zoroark said:
I'm betting on Zoroark. I will never understand the amount of love he gets. Well that's wrong, he fits the Anthro/Humanoid Pokemon bill, and people who liked Lucario will probably like how Zoroark looks. I guess frontrunners bug the crap out of me. Mostly because they're overrated.
That's why I am not for Zoroark getting in at all. Not that he would be bad, I just think that aside from his Illusion ability, I would see him as a Lucario replacement.
Hyper Luigi said:
I've been trying to get that point across to people expecting 40-45 on the 3DS game due to it possibly being an 8GB cart and they argue if they didn't load it up with music and a single player as big as SSE they'd have room for plenty of characters on 8GB. Whether that's true or not, fighting games generally tend to have less playable characters than people expect them to. Brawl likely could have had 40 or more but it didn't. If people are expecting the number of playable characters to double from Brawl to Smash 4 on Wii U they're asking for more disappointment.

If the 3DS game has even 40 characters, I'd be pretty surprised by that. 35 maybe and at least 30 but more than Brawl seems more than a little unlikely.
This is why I do not understand why people think that we can still get a mid 40s roster, even if compressed, we will likely get it. It's also why I am in 100% favor of the rosters being different.
shinhed-echi said:
If there's going to be 3rd party characters, they should be SO important and relevant to Nintendo that you could consider them part of the family, and that you wouldn't mind them getting in over another Nintendo character. :p (And Suda 51 has mentioned how No More Heroes won't ever set foot on a Nintendo console again, last time I checked).
This is false. I believe Suda 51 said something about wanting to put the franchise on the Wii-U.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I think I remember someone back then in the old SSB 4 thread, there was a moveset for Layton. I think it was a discussion between Aetherechoes, CrimsonFeint and Weyard. For some reason, your moveset is exactly the same with their moveset for Layton

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12952276&postcount=9789 - Ryu hayavbusa moveset update. Still not done yet.
Most people's moveset for Layton are the same because it is pretty obvious what he would do without having a huge pool of abilities to choose from. I think that's what makes Professor Layton such a good candidate. It would require no ridiculous straw grasping.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I'd want Medusa over Palutena mostly because of her being another villain to add.
I may sound hung up over that, but I think it's pretty important O:

D

Deleted member

I have to go to work, but I want to ask a quick question.

Who do you not want to see in SSB4? Think of characters that actually have at least a minuscule chance. I'll give an answer this evening.

Who do you not want to see in SSB4? Think of characters that actually have at least a minuscule chance. I'll give an answer this evening.
Cloud Strife...

I hate that guy. I hate his personality and how overrated he is. Ironically, I main him in Dissidia along with Terra

I sense a newcomer with 0 posts. Welcome anyway

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Ridely, Toad, Isaac (PC), King K. Rool, Krystal, Medusa, Victini>Zororark (But I wouldn't mind Zoroark), Megaman, Caeda, and maybe Claus.

EDIT: Oh.. Who do I NOT want to see. Well. :|

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Who I don't want to see...

Anyone who has no relevance to Nintendo (as far as 3rd party character goes, they must have had at least 5 games on a Nintendo system).

And... well completely generic secondary characters like Fire Emblem troops or Advance Wars soldiers. The leaders = ok though.

Also, I'd like it if they keep a tight grasp on Pokemons this time around. I know it's the 2nd (or most) successful franchise of Nintendo, but I don't find it cool to have over 7 playable pokemon, when there are Nintendo franchises that haven't even gotten their MAIN CHARACTER in the game.

I'm not opposed to another (single) Pokemon inclusion. But I do question things like "Rival Trainer" or "Team Rocket" with 3 more pokemon each. Which is still cool, but that would be overkill, not to mention take away the only original thing going for Pokemon Trainer. :p

Hoots

Can Be Combative

Waluigi, Travis Touchdown, Ninten, Dark Samus, Prince Fluff, Mii, and anyone else who is just ****ing stupid. Im so glad that I frequent SWF instead of NSider2. Those people are lunatics with such a warped view of who should and will make it into Smash. There js NO logic. Someone said that Waddle Dee is more deserving than Professor Layton, Krystal, and Black Shadow, so wtfmind****.

Waluigi, Travis Touchdown, Ninten, Dark Samus, Prince Fluff, Mii, and anyone else who is just ****ing stupid. Im so glad that I frequent SWF instead of NSider2. Those people are lunatics with such a warped view of who should and will make it into Smash. There js NO logic. Someone said that Waddle Dee is more deserving than Professor Layton, Krystal, and Black Shadow, so wtfmind****.
Mii? I have nothing against him and I'm completely indifferent to him.

Waddle Dee????? Wtf. That's like adding goomba (Unless they're talking about Bandana Waddle Dee but the chances are low)

Asides from Cloud, pretty much everyone that appeared in VII and VIII.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Mii? I have nothing against him and I'm completely indifferent to him.

Waddle Dee????? Wtf. That's like adding goomba (Unless they're talking about Bandana Waddle Dee but the chances are low)
I can't believe people are considering Bandana Waddle Dee. :p

That's like considering Yellow/Blue Toad from NSMBWii.

... Wait.... No scratch that. I can't back up what I'm trying to say because I want Toad, and Yellow/Blue will most likely be the recolors.
So I take it back. :p

I can't believe people are considering Bandana Waddle Dee. :p

That's like considering Yellow/Blue Toad from NSMBWii.

... Wait.... No scratch that. I can't back up what I'm trying to say because I want Toad, and Yellow/Blue will most likely be the recolors.
So I take it back. :p
Okay.

Let's just say Toad is more important to his series than how Bandana Waddle Dee is important to his series

Edit:
Pretty much what he said, though I personally wouldn't throw Dark Samus and Mii into the stupid category. But yes I have stopped going to Gamefaqs because there are only so many requests for a My Little Pony character I can take.
Are they serious about My Little Pony character?

You forgot Call of Duty man or whatever

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I want to get a Custom Robo game but at the same time there's also Megaman, hmm... What to choose....
Assuming you are meaning Megaman Network Transmission, it'll probably be easier to find that game than Custom Robo 1&2 for the N64. Your call though.

Pretty much any third party suggestion outside of a few franchises. Travis Touchdown, Cloud Strife, Master Chief; whatever the heck people come up with. The only third party characters I support are Megaman, [Geno], Slime, Professor Layton, and Sonic the Hedgehog/Metal Gear Solids' return. Forgot to throw in Geno, despite my opinion that he isn't very likely I still would enjoy seeing him and not feel the need to vomit like certain others.

Pretty much what he said, though I personally wouldn't throw Dark Samus and Mii into the stupid category. But yes I have stopped going to Gamefaqs because there are only so many requests for a My Little Pony character I can take.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Well... I would like Ninten, but that's just because Mother 1 was my favorite of the three games.

I admit he'd look too similar to Ness, so I'd be happy if he becomes a recolor for Ness...

... The problem is HE DIDN'T in Brawl. Ness even had a recolor of a non-important NPC character from Mother 3, but not Ninten. He even had a Mr.Saturn Tshirt attiire before Ninten. Gaaahh!!

...but again, they look too similar so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom