• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Okay, I lost. LOL, Yeah I watched the Redbox one, "Wtf is this a boot leg Avatar?" "I know what the back up plan is...THAT *** DAMN"

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So am I the only one who cares about Professor Layton? :(
While I've never played a Layton game, I do see him as a very good, viable option for a guest character. I'm definitely not against him.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
OH. Y'know who could be interesting? Freaking Maxwell from Scribblenauts. He'd keep writing "Final Smash" or "Trip Machine."

Let's see... Someone asked about impossible characters we'd just like to see... Probably the Red Arremer and Sir Arthur from Ghouls N' Ghosts for me.

Also Kickle Cubicle. I bet no one else has heard of him~

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
OH. Y'know who could be interesting? Freaking Maxwell from Scribblenauts. He'd keep writing "Final Smash" or "Trip Machine."

Let's see... Someone asked about impossible characters we'd just like to see... Probably the Red Arremer and Sir Arthur from Ghouls N' Ghosts for me.

Also Kickle Cubicle. I bet no one else has heard of him~
a konami character who froze dudes and kicked them. right?

personally, (if you saw my post a while back) I would rather see loloinstead(and yes, that's the kirby character i wasn talking about.)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm using the Genosect avatar since no one wants it. :(

The third party series in my mind are the only legitimate contenders are Megaman, Street Fighter, Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, Castlevania, and Professor Layton.

Two of those series I'd rather not see but despite my feelings they do have a chance.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I don't know much about Prof. Layton other than he's a detective (very sherlock holmes style character). I didn't think he actually fights in any of his games but that doesn't mean anything for Smash. I think he has a fair chance of getting in.

What would his moves be?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
a konami character who froze dudes and kicked them. right?
He's an Irem character, actually. Whatever that is. The company is... still active apparently. They made R-Type, too?

How'd you know? I thought he was obscure as ****. >8O

(I hope you are all prepared for Duckapon and Ridloon.)

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
I don't know much about Prof. Layton other than he's a detective (very sherlock holmes style character). I didn't think he actually fights in any of his games but that doesn't mean anything for Smash. I think he has a fair chance of getting in.

What would his moves be?
Here's a Youtube video that outlines his special moves and his Final Smash and suggests what his A attacks could utilize.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2Q0rhIUpaI

Although he is a third-party character, considering his popularity, recent importance to Nintendo, and moveset potential, I think he's deserving of a character spot.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
So am I the only one who cares about Professor Layton? :(
I've wanted Professor Layton in Smash ever since I first heard about him. XD He is a true gentleman, and I love it when men are truly of gentlemanly fashion and personality. <3

I'll go take a look at that moveset thing now.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I support Professor Layton. I mean, he's so identified with Nintendo consoles that I was actually surprised the first time I heard he was third party.

Hoots

Can Be Combative

What would his moves be?
He's not actually a detective. He's just a professor who solves certain mysteries and he does indeed fight. I'll post a potential moveset that I posted a while back.

B: Professor Layton says "That reminds me of a puzzle," (because honestly, what DOESN'T remind him of a puzzle) and enemies in a radius around him are stunned because they got mind****ed so hard by dat puzzle.

->B: Professor Layton pulls out his makeshift slot machine gun that fires a spray of coins. He can charge the move to increase the amount of coins and the area of effect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=NTClYyWW09Q

^B: Professor Layton disappears into a cloud of smoke and flies out in a homemade flying contraption that propells him upwards. The blades of the machine deal damage to enemies they come in contact with.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=NNWbB9s1y0o
(Layton goes MacGyver at about 6 minutes in.)

vB: Professor Layton whips out his trusty rapier and deflects an attack, sending projectiles back at the enemy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrUZLZnh1cM

Edit: Ohhhh I really like that guy's moveset except for the laser goggles.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Hopefully this isn't too.. abstract of a question, but how would Professor Layton "feel?" His general playstyle? Is it possible for his playstyle to reflect the concept of his games at all? (Like Pokemon Trainer/Olimar for example)

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Hopefully this isn't too.. abstract of a question, but how would Professor Layton "feel?" His general playstyle? Is it possible for his playstyle to reflect the concept of his games at all? (Like Pokemon Trainer/Olimar for example)
He solves the puzzle of how to whoop your ***! Granted, its hard to translate something as cerebral as a puzzle game into an action Brawler, but I bet Sakurai could figure out something. Regardless with my moveset or whatever it would capture the feel of like the character and the cutscenes, just not the puzzle gameplay. However, his B move being a puzzle daze might help!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
If Layton gets in, he better solve the mystery of why Sakurai didn't put in characters that I wanted. >8(

SUKAPOOON.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
He's not actually a detective. He's just a professor who solves certain mysteries and he does indeed fight. I'll post a potential moveset that I posted a while back.

B: Professor Layton says "That reminds me of a puzzle," (because honestly, what DOESN'T remind him of a puzzle) and enemies in a radius around him are stunned because they got mind****ed so hard by dat puzzle.

->B: Professor Layton pulls out his makeshift slot machine gun that fires a spray of coins. He can charge the move to increase the amount of coins and the area of effect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=NTClYyWW09Q

^B: Professor Layton disappears into a cloud of smoke and flies out in a homemade flying contraption that propells him upwards. The blades of the machine deal damage to enemies they come in contact with.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=NNWbB9s1y0o
(Layton goes MacGyver at about 6 minutes in.)

vB: Professor Layton whips out his trusty rapier and deflects an attack, sending projectiles back at the enemy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrUZLZnh1cM

Edit: Ohhhh I really like that guy's moveset except for the laser goggles.
So how is it you can make a moveset for Layton and be cool. Yet when I make a moveset for Slime (that does in fact take moves, abilities, and items from his games) I'm "grasping at straws" or a fanboy? Just saying... Not dissing you as you are one of the intelligent posters here. Just find it funny.

Anyways, the actually moves themselves are interesting. The B special sounds a little weird but it is humorous.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
So how is it you can make a moveset for Layton and be cool. Yet when I make a moveset for Slime (that does in fact take moves, abilities, and items from his games) I'm "grasping at straws" or a fanboy? Just saying... Not dissing you as you are one of the intelligent posters here. Just find it funny.

Anyways, the actually moves themselves are interesting. The B special sounds a little weird but it is humorous.
You're not taking into account most people here were born in the 90s

In other news, the solution for "Ridley being too big" is handled perfectly on the 3DS version :troll:
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/6282/ridleyon3ds.jpg

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I saw that minority thing! That's some bull****! LOL
Yeah well apparently because I'm Hispanic most people don't consider me as a "gamer". But yes I took it down so as to not offend anyone, but apparently it still slipped through... >_>

My apologies.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Yeah well apparently because I'm Hispanic most people don't consider me as a "gamer". But yes I took it down so as to not offend anyone, but apparently it still slipped through... >_>

My apologies.
I'm not offended dog lol.

I remember someone cracking a joke about how white people suck at playing Falco.
It's true :troll:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Okay so how about we drop the race thing altogether now? I can't see this going anywhere productive.

How about we discuss Starfy? He should be able to utilize his costumes as specials.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Yo chill, it wasn't about to get racist in here. I'm sure everyone was joking with each other LOL.

Well anyways it's time for me to go to my "mommy's" birthday. I hope something productive is here when I come back ;) and don't worry about Chris he got banned again, somehow. LOL

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
How is he amusing? He just trolls all over the place without contributing anything worth discussing, if he got banned, he deserved it :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom