• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
That's all well and good, but Pokemon isn't all about the humans, it's about the fighting monsters. To actually play instead as one of the people... I dunno, that seems a waste to me.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So... everyone believes that if a human Pokemon characters gets in, he or she must have their Pokemon fight for them, and not the humans themselves?

I would prefer for a human pokemon character to fight his or her own battles. I am seeing not only here, but in other boards, that it should be N, as he doesn't want Pokemon to fight.

But ever since a long time, my favorite is Sabrina. Though there are also Pokemon gym leaders who are fighters like Crusher Wake and Maylene.
A normal human being versus an insect with a cannon attached to its back... Hmm...

TBone06

Smash Ace
ok,Im going to say my idea anyway.This affects all items,wether new or old and this is super affective against item grabbers and can be turned off or on.Say you want to go up and grab,lets say,an AT,but all of a sudden,"OBJECTION!!!"!You're sent flying away.Your opponent goes to pick up a Fireflower,then out of no where,"HOLD IT!!",and he is frozen in place!(not like ice frozen but pause frozen).This can be a reference to PR insted of him really appearing. This can only be triggered when picked up though,hence the name,"Trigger items"
My question is why does it do all of that. Like why does it say objection and hold it? you don't really clarify

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well, since mario and pokemon were the only two franchises that got 2 characters in 64, it is likely there will be more of them, rather than swapping, in my opinion. Yea, there may be 1 swapped, but I think there is likely to be more...

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS MY BOY YOU ARE BACK :)

Some one PM Hoots and SSBF. LOL

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration
My question is why does it do all of that. Like why does it say objection and hold it? you don't really clarify
Its a reference to PW,the words will be his exact style type. And I thought you served.....a higher authority?

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace
Am I the only one who thinks Pokemon trainer status is a sneaky trick to make it LOOK like Pokemon gets less slots? :p

Frankly, considering Mario and Pokemon are nearing sales parity... they almost should have the same slots. I count Warioware and Yoshi as being Mario, btw.
Yes I do think it was a sneaky tactic not only for simply including 3 more Pokemon but making them all first gen fan ****s on top of that. If Lucario hadn't bumped Mewtwo we would have had 6 playable Pokemon and all of them would be 1st gen. Which is why I almost can't stomach the idea of including Meowth on top of Pikachu and Jigglypuff much less a Pokemon Trainer with only 1st Gen Pokemon. I do realize the Fire Red and Leaf Green remakes were fresh at the time and fandom will always favor the first gen Pokemon but there were 4 generations when Brawl hit and two of them were entirely ignored for playable reps in Brawl and 2nd gen only ever got Pichu who didn't even stick around (not that I'm saying he should have).

Oh and finally someone else who considers Wario and Yoshi to be part Mario series fighters. People seriously weren't happy that Mario lost 5th rep from Melee? I liked Doc but Wario was the guy were were probably gonna get if they didn't have to make a Mario clone in a hurry. Wario and Yoshi have their own games but they're still in the Mario series and I'd even argue Donkey Kong counts as a Mario rep and even Diddy Kong since he's been in some Mario family games as well but Wario and Yoshi for sure are part of the Mario slots on the roster. So in Brawl both Mario and Pokemon had 6 playable reps. Which is plenty for both and they should be relatively equal given their sales and potential to draw gamers to Smash Bros. by themselves.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
That's all well and good, but Pokemon isn't all about the humans, it's about the fighting monsters. To actually play instead as one of the people... I dunno, that seems a waste to me.
Well... we already have Pokes fighting by themselves...

But now that you say it, and advantage of trainers, is that they carry 1-6 pokemon, so maybe if someone else like a gym leader is in, and fights like the Pokemon Trainer; he would carry various Pokemon, and that is how other Pokemon might have a chance of being in the game!

I say 1-6 because those are the rules of how many Pokemon you can carry. And basically, Pokemon trainer had the original starters as a homenage. But gym leaders/brains/elite or criminal group members can carry 2-6 (because one would be too little) pokemon, and they could be thematic to what they do.

For example Sabrina could carry some psychic pokemon like Alakazam, Drowzee, Mr. Mime and Medicham. And Maylene could carry, Machamp, Hitmontop, Mankey and Poliwhril. Tough they could have Pokemons that have nothing to do with their types, to add variety.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Yes I do think it was a sneaky tactic not only for simply including 3 more Pokemon but making them all first gen fan ****s on top of that. If Lucario hadn't bumped Mewtwo we would have had 6 playable Pokemon and all of them would be 1st gen. Which is why I almost can't stomach the idea of including Meowth on top of Pikachu and Jigglypuff much less a Pokemon Trainer with only 1st Gen Pokemon. I do realize the Fire Red and Leaf Green remakes were fresh at the time and fandom will always favor the first gen Pokemon but there were 4 generations when Brawl hit and two of them were entirely ignored for playable reps in Brawl and 2nd gen only ever got Pichu who didn't even stick around (not that I'm saying he should have).
You do realize there is no written rule that states every generation must have a playable representative? Like I've said many times before, there isn't some kind of "Equal Opportunity" law that states we need one character from each series. Characters should be chosen on their own merits and what they bring to the table as a fighter. Not whether they fit rules that we place.

Chris the Ripper

ok,Im going to say my idea anyway.This affects all items,wether new or old and this is super affective against item grabbers and can be turned off or on.Say you want to go up and grab,lets say,an AT,but all of a sudden,"OBJECTION!!!"!You're sent flying away.Your opponent goes to pick up a Fireflower,then out of no where,"HOLD IT!!",and he is frozen in place!(not like ice frozen but pause frozen).This can be a reference to PR insted of him really appearing. This can only be triggered when picked up though,hence the name,"Trigger items"
Aw come on!You guys don't like it because you want this new Ssb to be like Street Fighter or you don't want to feel stupid for agreeing with me or it'll be like tripping or worse. :/

Reyairia

Smash Champion
What's this "I don't want to play as the trainer" crap? You're still playing as pokemon.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Although i remember a guy that's like a mage in pokemon.(Although that comes from the movies not the games i think). He has a lucario and can use Aura much in the same way his lucario can. As i said, probably not, but would be cool to play as him ^^

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Tbh Chris, I don't really care because tournies never play with Items on. Sounds like a big **** you to the casuals though LOL.

Also, LOL@ I don't want more trainers, i never seen the trainer fight.

Chris the Ripper

Wait!You think Sakurai cares about tournament players? I should mail my idea to him just to annoy you guys.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Wait!You think Sakurai cares about tournament players? I should mail my idea to him just to annoy you guys.
Yeah he does and so does the rest of Nintendo when they said the Wii U would cater to more hardcore gamers. That includes tourney players.

Go ahead and send that horrible idea. It won't bother because
1. I don't with items LOL
2. Casuals will hate you (75% of the people in this thread are casuals)
3. You don't have Sakurai's specific email
4. Unlike me, you don't speak Japanese, so even if it did reach him he wouldn't understand it
5. You are going to get an automated response

:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Yeah, but when you play pokemon trainer you're still controlling pokemon. Red is just some moron in the background, ignore him.
I'm sorry, I misunderstood what you were originally saying. I understand you now. Yes I wouldn't mind if every Pokémon fell under a trainer in the next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom