• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I agree. Star Fox is only finally getting a new game released this year, and hasn't been around since 2006. Plus, the new game is only a remake.
...and if that game doesn't do well, they're going to stop Star Fox for a while.

At least they had the brains to rule Lylat to remake one of the only two good games in the franchise :p

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
MOTHER is going to stay because it's MOTHER. If Star Fox can have three characters, there's no reason MOTHER can't keep two.
Agreed, Ness isn't going anywhere, the fact the he is important as a Nintendo character makes him stay, Lucas well...while it's a bit doubtful it's hard to say on the matter.

As for Star Fox, I believe Falco IMO should either get a new moveset or otherwise get cut, Wolf is much more unique if Sora and team know what to do, plus he's Fox's antagonist, there's no need for a clone/semi clone to stay around.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I say Ness will remain in SSB until Mother 3 appears in America. So, in other words, hes going to stay forever.

@Mother:Not very well acquainted with the series, but I think each game has a different leading role. Much like Golden Sun. Does this alter Ness's significance the series in any way?
Ness is important for the whole series for two reasons:
A) He's very similar to the original hero, Ninten. This means putting him in SSB is like putting in two characters, since they are almost interchangeable, at least appearance wise.
B) His defeat of Giygas and Pokey in M2/EB is what causes Pokey's transformation to Porky, who is the bad guy of the third game.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Reason she made it to Melee is because she was part of the first game, but she was a joke why continue it further. Instead of reinstating this fluke put someone who really deserves to be in, in. then comes Brawl and if you looked at the files you would have noticed that she was barely able to make it in,But she did? There were other characters planned that didn't make it in. If sakurai wanted to continue the joke wouldn't he take care of the serious stuff first? Why did this joke out prioritize mewtwo, Dixie, Roy etc. if any this is probably an indication that she in fact isn't taken seriously as a candidate as she was in Melee and probably wasn't heavily considered by Sakurai even though she was part of the original 12, and I'm afraid her chances only get worse the Brawl files meant anything plus the possibility of newer candidates taking her spot for Smash 4.

In general, I am saying that while she is part of the original 12, her chances for survival have been constantly dropping, she has a chance, but it's difficult to say if Sakurai indeed decides to keep her around or not.all I'm saying is you are misusing the phrase "original 12" you are saying excluding jigglypuff all the people in the first game hold great significance so the original 12 are safe. But by saying "original12" you are implying the original characters as a whole are Sade because of their seniority
bo ld

OmegaXXII

What in the brawl files suggests she wasn't able to make it? Admittedly, I haven't looked at the files, but the only difference I can think of is that she wasn't a "story character" in SSE (the same goes for Toon Link and Wolf).
The only thing that it indicates is that she was added late in Brawl even though she was already considered prior to starting development, suppossedly it would have been between Jiggs or Mewtwo, but late in development Sakurai decided to keep her around.

I'll have to give you a link over this.

ZeldaFan996

Smash Rookie
I don't think Jiggly is going anywhere. Jigglypuff is much more popular in Japan than in the US, and yes, while she is slowly getting less and less popular, I think she's popular enough to keep her in the SSB series.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
@Mother:Not very well acquainted with the series, but I think each game has a different leading role. Much like Golden Sun. Does this alter Ness's significance the series in any way?
I really hate to put it this way, but Ness is kind of like the Cloud of MOTHER. He is referenced in MOTHER 3 and makes a cameo in a movie theater and end, and at early stages in production Ness was hinted to make an appearance. Of course, most references to MOTHER 2 in the game come from Pokey
traveling in time.

I doubt Ness is going. I would like either one of them or Ninten to get a moveset that better represents their actual PSI in game

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I really hate to put it this way, but Ness is kind of like the Cloud of MOTHER. He is referenced in MOTHER 3 and makes a cameo in a movie theater and end, and at early stages in production Ness was hinted to make an appearance. Of course, most references to MOTHER 2 in the game come from Pokey
traveling in time.

I doubt Ness is going. I would like either one of them or Ninten to get a moveset that better represents their actual PSI in game

At the very least he should have PSI/PK Rockin' as his final smash.....

OmegaXXII

@disfunkshunal,: Well I only brought up the term because I am saying the the others are pretty much safe, Jiggs isn't IMO, I should have said the 11 others besides Jiggs have priority in Smash, regardless if Jiggs is axed or not.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Ness isn't going anywhere. The series is too popular in Japan. What, they're gonna take him out cause the series is dead in America? I doubt that.

edit: Yeah, Ness not having PSI Rockin and Lucas not having PSI Love always pissed me off.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Ness isn't going anywhere. The series is too popular in Japan. What, they're gonna take him out cause the series is dead in America? I doubt that.
And the series isn't even dead, it's just that NOA hates the Cult of Earthbound. Okay, real reason is that A) translating things are expensive, especially for RPGs (this is roughly the reason why NOA doesn't want to localize the jRPGs that Operation Rainfall is trying to get released) and B) Itoi loves putting in references to other media, especially music, into the Mother games, to the point where at times the music heavily samples from other works to such a large extent that, while legal in Japan, they would possibly cause legal action in America, and Nintendo doesn't want to deal with the legal headaches of getting intercontinental licenses and such. The fact that Earthbound is probably more popular in the 2000s in America than it was in the 1990s kind of hurts as well- sales SUCKED.

But anyway, off the soapbox and back to SSB. I think the Mother characters will stay because (in addition to their popularity in Japan) they fill a bit of a niche. Look at the characters in Smash- they all take place in either a obviously fantasy setting, a obviously cartoon setting, or an obvious sci-fi setting (or are just plain weird- G&W). Mother is "modern", and if it weren't for the psychic powers, they'd be basically normal people (albeit with big heads).

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Does anyone else besides me feel that PK Thunder is just craptastic as recovery?

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@kuma

From smash wiki
This is believed to be, or derive from, his PK Love attack, since he uses a move looking like this to pull a needle both in MOTHER 3 and in one of his victory poses, and he can only pull needles if he has learned PK Love.
I haven't played the games so I can't comment

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What would people think if one the next stages is Dragonspiral Tower?

Dragonspiral Tower would play similar to Spear Pillar, but instead of seeing Dialga or Palkia, you'll get Reshiram or Zekrom. Reshiram would perform fire attacks, while Zekrom uses electric attacks.

Reshiram and Zekrom would pretty much act like stage hazards.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Here's that Krystal moveset I mentioned.

[COLLAPSE="Specials"]B: Fire Blaster
Krystal shoots a Fireball with small knockback from her staff. However, by holding B, you can hold the charge and have a stronger, in general fireball. The main purpose for this attack is for zoning and scaring your opponent that you’ll shoot a fireball.

Side B: Ice Spray
Shoots a spray of ice from her staff. While Krystal is in any part of the startup or while it’s active, Krystal can adjust her aim. This is used as an anti-air, keep-out attack, or an edge guard move. Over time, the range of the spray decreases. If the spray is done at point blank, however, the opponent will be frozen.

Down B: Quake
Krystal strikes her staff to the ground to create a localized shockwave, there are three “points” where the shockwave will rise. This depends on your directional input. If you hold back during the startup, the shockwave will be close to you, while holding forward goes for max range. Holding just down or neutral lands between the two points. Useful for countering camping, or like the fireball, scaring the opponent. This attack is also jump cancelable. This attack does not work in the air for obvious reasons.

Up B: Rocket Boost
Krystal raises her staff and flies up. Doing straight Up causes her to go up vertically while Up-Left and Up-Right will cause her to travel in those directions. Like’s Snake’s Cipher recovery, Krystal can exit out of the recovery.[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Ground attacks."]AAA: Krystal does a forward jab with her staff high, then low, and then does two kicks.
FTilt: Swings her staff downward. A good poke.
DTilt: Krystal crouches and sticks her staff out, this is her best poke.
Up Tilt: Like Pit’s UTiltt, but has two types of hits. If the opponent is next to you as you hit, the move has more knockback and damage, but the longer range attack has less knockback and damage.
FSmash: Krystal raises the staff behind her and drops the staff like an axe.
DSmash: Krystal places her staff to the ground, spins around and then does a downward double kick to the opponent. This has good horizontal knockback, but poor vertical knockback. This is best used for tech chasing or as an edgeguard.
USmash: Krystal holds her staff like a baseball with the charge going to her staff’s head. She swings upward. Unlike the above attack, this has poor horizontal knockback, but good vertical knockback.
Wakeup Attack: Like AA, but the second hit goes behind her.
Ledge Attack: Climbs and does a quick, weaker version of her FTilt
100% Ledge Attack: Weaker version of her DSmash[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Aerials"]NAir: Spins once with her staff horizontally.
FAir: Spins once with her staff vertically. The range, unlike her NAir, goes far in front instead of covering both sides.
DAir: Pokes directly below her.
UAir: Extends her staff 30 degrees upward to the direction she’s facing.[/COLLAPSE]

Final Smash: Not Sure Yet lol

Playstyle: Krystal is a character that excels greatly at mid-range combat thanks to her range while having her Fire Blaster and Quake as zoning backup. Your objective with Krystal is to scare the opponent with these projectiles while being close enough to poke in for damage. Her preferred way to K.O. is horizontally. Her attacks don’t do the greatest knockback aside from a few so use her aerial pokes, Ice Blast and potentially other attacks for edgeguarding the opponent which she is also good at. Also, aside from one or two attacks, the sweet spot of her attacks is at the head of her staff.
Just reposting for people to see. Tell me what you think.

@dis
It's probably just a callback to Lucas pulling the needles in Mother 3. A person who knows PK Love is the only one who can pull a needle, but Lucas does not have sparks or anything or the sort when he pulls a needle in MOTHER 3. His victory animation is pretty much what happens.

OmegaXXII

What would people think if one the next stages is Dragonspiral Tower?

Dragonspiral Tower would play similar to Spear Pillar, but instead of seeing Dialga or Palkia, you'll get Reshiram or Zekrom. Reshiram would perform fire attacks, while Zekrom uses electric attacks.

Reshiram and Zekrom would pretty much act like stage hazards.
Is that a Pokemon stage?

Sorry, I've never played any of the newer games besides SoulSilver :urg:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Does anyone else besides me feel that PK Thunder is just craptastic as recovery?
Yeah I can totally see that.

Maybe he could have PSI Teleport instead?
But I don't think teleporting is the best solution, seeing as how Zelda/Sheik already do that.

@New Pokemone Stage:

I still like the idea of a HG/SS stage. For Black and White Starpheonix had a good stage idea. Similar to Mario and Sonics. I for one like the idea of Victini's lighthouse being a stage.

OmegaXXII

Oh yeah, I forgot about your Burned Tower Stage, it's an awesome concept.

I wish a Pokemon Collesseum stage was in Smash, y'know similar to the one at the beginning of SSE.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
But I don't think teleporting is the best solution, seeing as how Zelda/Sheik already do that.
That's not a really good reason. Mewtwo could teleport in Melee, and then you have similar looking recoveries with Mario, Luigi, Marth, Roy, and anyone that looks like they have a Shoryuken-esque animation.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Just reposting for people to see. Tell me what you think.
It's good. Although I don't support the addition of another Star Fox representative myself, I do realize that Krystal has the potential and the chance to be in SSB4.

You might want to eventually add in a Final Smash though. I've never played games featuring her myself, so I can't think of anything.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
That's not a really good reason. Mewtwo could teleport in Melee, and then you have similar looking recoveries with Mario, Luigi, Marth, Roy, and anyone that looks like they have a Shoryuken-esque animation.
I think it's more or less I don't want them to function exactly the same. If it's different I don't mind as much.

Oh yeah, I forgot about your Burned Tower Stage, it's an awesome concept.

I wish a Pokemon Collesseum stage was in Smash, y'know similar to the one at the beginning of SSE.
Even if it wasn't anywhere similar to my idea, I just want something that isn't "Pokemon Stadium 3".

OmegaXXII

I dunno, that kind of sounds like a boring version Pokemon Stadium (if you don't think it's boring already that is).
Hmm.. Well it may be a bit simplistic but with added platforms, possible pokemon hazards and such wouldn't necessarly make it boring enough, it was just an idea.

I'd rather have something new than that same old tiring Pokemon Stadium that we've been getting since Melee, I miss Saffron City. :(

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I like my idea of "Royal Unova observation deck". Sort of a "Lylat Cruise" style thing, only in the rivers and bays of the Pokemon region of Unova.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Even if it wasn't anywhere similar to my idea, I just want something that isn't "Pokemon Stadium 3".
Oh we're getting Pokémon Stadium 3. As long as there is a Ghost transformation where Haunters and Gengars can put you to sleep and eat your dream's, I'm ok with this.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Ok for starters, Drumline practice kicked my *** so no Ridley moveset, and idk when I'll start it because I'll be practicing Brawl with my offline community getting ready for an upcoming tournament.

Let's leave it at that. The rest is just the opposing scenario.

If Little Mac's health < Oppoent = NO invicibility frames for him.
This is stupid, especially for 1v1s. If he has invincibility frames whenever his percent is lower than the opponent's all I'm going to do is hit you once and spam the hell out of that move because you can't do **** to me. I'm really disliking a lot of movesets I read when I got back from practice.

MOTHER is going to stay because it's MOTHER. If Star Fox can have three characters, there's no reason MOTHER can't keep two.
I agree. Star Fox is only finally getting a new game released this year, and hasn't been around since 2006. Plus, the new game is only a remake.
...and if that game doesn't do well, they're going to stop Star Fox for a while.

At least they had the brains to rule Lylat to remake one of the only two good games in the franchise :p
This 3 quotes are probably the worse 3 things I've read today. Have guys even considered that unlike Mother, StarFox has actually been released internationally so is better known?

Oh we're getting Pokémon Stadium 3. As long as there is a Ghost transformation where Haunters and Gengars can put you to sleep and eat your dream's, I'm ok with this.
I hope we get a PS3 but I don't want Pokemon making hazards :-/ the past two PSes have been really good though.

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
Star it would be by far amazing if your burnt tower stage got in. I think it's interactive and a sight to be seen.

and Kumo I really like the moveset for Krystal, I believe she should join the cast, and perhaps her FS could be a dinosaur from adventures?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Star it would be by far amazing if your burnt tower stage got in. I think it's interactive and a sight to be seen.

and Kumo I really like the moveset for Krystal, I believe she should join the cast, and perhaps her FS could be a dinosaur from adventures?
Burnt Tower? I did N's Castle... :|

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Anything to replace spear pillar. It had so much potential to be a good stage, until everyone just started "cave of life" the bottom section of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom