• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^ Nah, it's fine. Hopefully the "craze" dies down like Goose instead of existing and not dying like the Duck Hunt Dog/Duck craze has for about a decade.

"Want to mix white and colors on one load?" My TV is being racist again!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Clearly you guys haven't seen that Mega Man Battle Network spin-off series' Mega Man. That or all the other newer Mega Man incarnations. They all look straight up ugly. Like really ugly. Like some big ugly booty with a bunch of warts, moles, and grease on it ugly! :p

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
Making a roster of my own...

Except I'm havin' problems dragging the portraits onto the main frame all at once, since they're all seperate. what do? D:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
^ Nah, it's fine. Hopefully the "craze" dies down like Goose instead of existing and not dying like the Duck Hunt Dog/Duck craze has for about a decade.

"Want to mix white and colors on one load?" My TV is being racist again!
The Duck Hunt Dog craze never died down after a decade? Wow... That is news for me. And I honestly thought I was the only one who wanted him since 2002.

:phone:

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Didn't read the older pages,I'm so late...

So here is my idea for a subject:keep color changes BUT ALSO put ALTERNATES COSTUMES!!!

Like mario could have dr.mario("affect" moveset,not what it does but things like fireballs become pills)and sunshine or whatever,link get different clothes and/or retro to newest costume(the very classic link should be for toon link)impa could be sheik's alternate costume(the problem is impa and sheik would both be for zelda's ocarina of time costume,so how?)so...

Any opinions/idea?

D

Deleted member

I fail to see the problem with Duck Hunt Dog.

I mean, sure he's no Takamaru, Lip, Sukapon, Mach Rider, etc. But he's still a Retro rep and is somewhat of an icon for Nintendo.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Another week has passed, and once again no sign of the Kid Icarus Uprising OVAs. There are only three weeks left until Kid Icarus Uprising is released. It has been confirmed that another volume for Iwatas Asks in regards to Kid Icarus Uprising will be released after Uprising's release. I think Smash Bros. 4 might get a brief mention in the second part Iwata Asks for Uprising.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Another week has passed, and once again no sign of the Kid Icarus Uprising OVAs. There are only three weeks left until Kid Icarus Uprising is released. It has been confirmed that of another volume for Iwatas Asks in regards to Kid Icarus Uprising will be released after Uprising's release. I think Smash Bros. 4 might get a brief mention in the second part Iwata Asks for Uprising.
So I preordered Uprising last night... I am quite interested in what Sakurai might have in store for Smash 4 and to show Nintendo my support for Palutena and Medusa. ;)

:phone:

D

Deleted member

After seeing trailers for Sonic 4 Episode 2 and seeing Tails in the Sonic CD port, I'm starting to feel that Tails should be in Sm4sh. After all, the old Melee hoax was of Sonic and Tails.

yani

Smash Lord
After seeing trailers for Sonic 4 Episode 2 and seeing Tails in the Sonic CD port, I'm starting to feel that Tails should be in Sm4sh. After all, the old Melee hoax was of Sonic and Tails.
A dream's been cast! Sonic and Tails join the Melee!

I want Tails, but so far I just want to see Sonic confirmed to return :awesome::sonic:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I don't know about you, but Mega Man X does look impressive.
He can be an alternate look. Personally, Classic Mega Man > Mega Man X >Zero > Legends Mega Man > Mega Man.EXE.
The Duck Hunt Dog craze never died down after a decade? Wow... That is news for me. And I honestly thought I was the only one who wanted him since 2002.
No, there are randoms that come in here and post crazy crap about how he is "more deserving" that characters like Ganondorf. Silly randoms. " More deserving." :laugh:
I've been saying this since pre-Brawl. People keep discounting Tails, but don't count him (down and) out just yet.

D

Deleted member

I agree Golden, but a second Sonic rep is taboo here apparently
So is Waluigi, but you don't see me shying away from that, do you? :bee:

Playing the fangame "Psycho Waluigi" made me want him even more. I feel like sending it to Charles Martinet, he has said he would like to see Waluigi star in his own game, and this may be the closest he'll get for now.

D

Deleted member

Watch as Tails ends up being another semi-clone of Fox. Instead of a Landmaster, he uses the Cyclone. :troll:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I bet Tails' Final Smash would be the Power Laser thingie from Sonic Adventure 2
As much as I hate overused super transformations, him going Super and having the Flickies attack everyone would actually be pretty neat.

It'd make Super Sonic look pathetic, and that's saying something.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Nothing about my ideas?;_;

I would like tails with something close to ssf2's moveset and crusade's FS(well,a demo of genesis sonic,sonic advance 3(i think) ,and a little of adventure 2 is everything i played of sonic,but i like those fan's tails moveset)

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Speaking of Super Tails, Tails had BETTER be able to go Super just like Sonic in Episode 2 (and, no, the Super Shield crap from Sonic Heroes doesn't count)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Tails should take notes from his own game first.

And Dr. Mario won't be a costume anyway, so there's no reason to talk about that particular one. Many are fine with costumes, as we've said throughout many pages. This one's just not feasible.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Super Tails, Tails had BETTER be able to go Super just like Sonic in Episode 2 (and, no, the Super Shield crap from Sonic Heroes doesn't count)
Yuji Naka has stated that Tails can't go Super normally due to his age, and requires the Super Emeralds to do it.

EDIT: Which doesn't excuse why Knuckles hasn't gone Super since Sonic 3...

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Isn't he older now, though? They used the Modern design for Tails in Episode 2, so... he really should be able to go Super now, especially since you can only use him in Co-Op mode now (don't understand why he isn't playable by his lonesome, but oh well)

D

Deleted member

The story for 4 takes place right after Sonic 3 and Knuckles.
So while he uses the modern design, he's still too young.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
In the later games, he should be able to go Super... if they didn't de-age him again. He and Knuckles should've went Super in Heroes. That was horsecrap they didn't. Tails is atleast 10. Or 12 by now. I don't buy the "been 8 for 10 years" crap.

And even then, Knuckles should've gone Super as he had NO excuse for this.

D

Deleted member

Manual for Heroes stated he was 8.

And they're clearly going for the "8 forever" thing like how they still have Ash as 10 in the Pokemon anime.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
And he was about 8 in the first game. There is no way he wouldn't be atleast 10. It may be Word of God, but they're purposely halting any good chance for character development for poor Tails. They won't even allow him to be a main character again.

Tails even starred in his own two games, which only two other protagonists have had that luck, being Shadow and Knuckles.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
You know, I've had this theory for about three years now that Grey Fox and Shadow were originally going to be playable, but ultimately delegated to Assist Trophy status because Sakurai did not want to over crowd the game with third party characters. Had to deal with Sakurai's statements, cut music files, and model details.

In a round about way what I am insinuating is Shadow likely came closer to being playable than Kuckles or Tails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom