• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

And yet they're slowly building him back up again by making him a direct sidekick again, slowly making the other characters' roles (including Knuckles) weaker, adding him into the new port of Sonic CD, a game Tails wasn't in prior except for a cameo, and adding him as a Co-Op partner in Sonic 4 Episode 2 with a role similar to Diddy in DKCR.
It's only a matter of time until Sega starts whoring him out like they did Shadow.

@Star: The MGS musics were cut due to lisencing issues within the song itself. See "Metal Gear Solid Theme Controversey". It affected more than Brawl.
The only cut Sonic song was the original theme for CD, "You Can Do Anything". No big loss there. Most likely cut to keep only one song from CD, and they chose the better one, "Sonic Boom".

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Star: The MGS musics were cut due to lisencing issues within the song itself. See "Metal Gear Solid Theme Controversey". It affected more than Brawl.
The only cut Sonic song was the original theme for CD, "You Can Do Anything". No big loss there.
No, it had nothing to do with those songs. What I am talking about a set of victory theme files that are not widely discussed among the Smash Bros community. Not like they were in 2008 anyways.

D

Deleted member

The only cut Victory Theme files were those of playable characters (except Wolf) as well as Mewtwo and Roy.

There were other fanfares missing, but they relate to Brawl in itself.

I'll talk about this later. GTG.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
The only cut Victory Theme files were those of playable characters (except Wolf) as well as Mewtwo and Roy.

There were other fanfares missing, but they relate to Brawl in itself.

I'll talk about this later. GTG.
No, I'm pretty sure there were other blank victory themes that fell in between characters. That would explain the jump in numbers like with much of the other cut content:

snd_bgm_Z20_FGANON (Ganondorf's Victory Theme)
snd_bgm_Z24_FZEROSAMUS (ZSS's Victory Theme)

Anyways, that is not what I am trying to debate here.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
And yet they're slowly building him back up again by making him a direct sidekick again, slowly making the other characters' roles (including Knuckles) weaker, adding him into the new port of Sonic CD, a game Tails wasn't in prior except for a cameo, and adding him as a Co-Op partner in Sonic 4 Episode 2 with a role similar to Diddy in DKCR.
It's only a matter of time until Sega starts whoring him out like they did Shadow.
Agreed, although I doubt SEGA will ever try to be the w***es they were from 2003-ish to 2009.

Also, have you noticed that Shadow is slowly disappearing=??? Personally, I don't mind that. If they do keep him, make him an anti-hero, not a sidekick.
You know, I've had this theory for about three years now that Grey Fox and Shadow were originally going to be playable, but ultimately delegated to Assist Trophy status because Sakurai did not want to over crowd the game with third party characters. Had to deal with Sakurai's statements, cut music files, and model details.

In a round about way what I am insinuating is Shadow likely came closer to being playable than Kuckles or Tails.
I don't know about that. They don't really have anything that hints they could have been playable. Knuckle Joe and Saki have stuff that indicates they might have originally been thought of as playable characters (various different moves and that they seem to "fit in" with the playable character cast). Still even if Knuckle Joe and Saki were originally seen as potential playable characters (or Shadow and Grey Fox), they were probably cut early on. Like really early on. With about a dozen other characters.

Also, there is no way in heck, being a clone aside, that Shadow would be playable over Tails. He has seemingly slowly crept further and further into the back end of history.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Tails deserves all the *****s he can get. ...Wait.

No anti-hero crap. That actually hurt Shadow and Knuckles.

Albeit, the only full rival Sonic still has is Metal Sonic, although since he's kind of gone, Eggman fills that spot.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I find it funny that the one time we discuss Tails, we talk about how old he would be in Smash and what his Final Smash would be instead of his potential moves/attacks/play style (I haven't seen really any Tails movesets) and chances at being playable. :facepalm: Oh well, no biggie. :laugh:
:151:
@ Metal
That too. Shadow should be like Metal Sonic (and Rouge); a villain/anti-hero that pops up in every few games. :150: Or maybe even the boss that pops up fairly often. :wario:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
One other interesting thing worth noting is originally Brawl's graphics were going to look better than they did in the final version. Wouldn't that have been something. Gives me hope that Super Smash Bros. Wii U is going to look sweet. Kirby in 1080p 60fps...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I don't think it would be in fully 1080p. Heck, I think the Wii only supports up to 720.

Anyways, I think the reason it was limited is the disc size. Brawl was already dual layered, and to make it bigger would mean the game would cost a good $10 more at least and have to be on two discs more than likely.

Now we don't have to worry about that... except for the price hike part (which I don't mind too much if it's a quality game).

Edit: Shadow's voice actor says way better than before quite frankly. Also, I think Sonic's new voice actor is perfect or near perfect. Maybe the best Sonic voice actor... ever! :psycho:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
No, Dixie would be a Tails clone, who would be a Wolf clone, who is a Falco clone, who is a Fox clone, who is a Mewtwo clone who is a Mew clone who oddly enough is a Shigeru Miyamoto clone, who we all know is a Hillary Clinton clone. :psycho:

God, there are too many clones... >.>

@ Metal
At least it sounds cheesy instead of annoying. His last voice actor (who was also Sonic's voice actor) sounded like a loser as Sonic, and sounded really annoying as Shadow. I hated the forced "soft but hardcore" voice he had! :embarrass:

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I find it funny that the one time we discuss Tails, we talk about how old he would be in Smash and what his Final Smash would be instead of his potential moves/attacks/play style (I haven't seen really any Tails movesets) and chances at being playable. :facepalm: Oh well, no biggie. :laugh:
:151:
@ Metal
That too. Shadow should be like Metal Sonic (and Rouge); a villain/anti-hero that pops up in every few games. :150: Or maybe even the boss that pops up fairly often. :wario:
Isn't rouge more of a solider of fortune than an anti hero?

@metal
XD yea tails and knuckles weren't good enough to go super saiyan in heroes so they got the 3rd best thing: their golden shields.

Jaleel white = best sonic
:phone:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@John- You mean Jason Griffith? Yeah, he wasn't very good at all, I think the only good Shadow voice was David Humphrey

@disfunk- Why do I always forget about Jaleel? LOL

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
Alright, may I present you, my roster for Sm4sh.

Small, huh? Well, don't worry, this is just the starting roster. Here's your quota of hidden characters:

Looks nicer now, doesn't it? But what if you'd just like to spend a few bucks to get some amazing extras? This is where the DLC characters come in:

Now that sounds more appealing, doesn't it? Now let's add hidden and DLC characters together:

Exciting, isn't it? Now, what do we come to? The finale:

Now that's a spicy meatball! But, did it get too confusing? Don't worry, I've got it Colour Coded For Your Convenience. Blue is hidden, green is DLC:

But if you think there are too many DLC characters... well, we can just pretend they're Adventure Mode hidden characters. But now you're thinking, "what's that Special slot for?" Well, assuming Smash 4 brings back "A-button combat only", the Special slot allows you to select the alloys AND specific Assist Trophies for use IN THIS MODE ONLY. unless you hack the game, then you can have them anywhere

So... yeah. Thoughts? Comments? Critiques? Questions? Tea?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
OW SHI-

He gotz Impa AND Anthony! :')

King K.Rool is missing though

The Iron Wolf

Smash Journeyman
New characters needed for Smash 4:

Waluigi
Bowser Jr.
Krystal
Demise
Geno
Mewtwo
Ridley

Oh, and please get rid of the Ice Climbers. They were never that important in the world of Nintendo to begin with ._.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
One other interesting thing worth noting is originally Brawl's graphics were going to look better than they did in the final version. Wouldn't that have been something. Gives me hope that Super Smash Bros. Wii U is going to look sweet. Kirby in 1080p 60fps...
You got any pictures to show this? I think they'll only go for 720p. I think every fighting game does that now because it'll lag on higher resolutions as evidence by MK9 on 1080p. Of course, Nintendo could prove me wrong by showing it is doable even in 1080p.

I don't think it would be in fully 1080p. Heck, I think the Wii only supports up to 720.
Last I checked, the Wii can only go to 480p. Skyward Sword would've gotten rid of some of the closeup splotches if you could play it in 720. I've seen emulators put it to that size and it looks dazzling. Makes you wonder if Nintendo future proofed some of their games.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@John- You mean Jason Griffith? Yeah, he wasn't very good at all, I think the only good Shadow voice was David Humphrey
Yeah, Jason Griffith was awful as Sonic and Shadow. David Humphrey (the guy who did his voice in SA2 and Heroes) did a pretty good (but not great) job.
Isn't rouge more of a solider of fortune than an anti hero?

Jaleel white = best sonic
Rouge is just a filler character in my eyes. She can go die.

And dang it, someone had to bring up Urkel... :facepalm:

Waluigi
Bowser Jr.
Krystal
Demise
Geno
Mewtwo
Ridley

Oh, and please get rid of the Ice Climbers. They were never that important in the world of Nintendo to begin with ._.
You do realize that could be said for all the characters you just listed, except for Mewtwo, Bowser Jr, and Ridley right=??? Plus the Ice Climbers are excellent playable characters.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Waluigi
...Is not needed. I love the guy, and while I think he's not that unlikely, there's better options.

Bowser Jr.
Sure.

King K. Rool first, then we can talk. Hell, Samurai Goroh first. Let's bump up the other franchises first.

I'd rather have regular Ganon than him. Not to mention, how about Impa or Tingle, full veterans?

He'd be nice, but let's get an unique SE rep, like one from their regular games. If he can also get in sure.

Sure, as long as 5th and 3rd Gen get a character first. Veterans not making it are lower on my scale than new potential characters.

This is the only one I completely agree with. I want Bowser Jr. in, but he's not beyond important enough to me.

Removing a full series is not acceptable. They can stay for eternity. They're unique and awesome.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Small, huh? Well, don't worry, this is just the starting roster. Here's your quota of hidden characters:

Looks nicer now, doesn't it? But what if you'd just like to spend a few bucks to get some amazing extras? This is where the DLC characters come in:

Now that sounds more appealing, doesn't it? Now let's add hidden and DLC characters together:

Now that's a spicy meatball! But, did it get too confusing? Don't worry, I've got it Colour Coded For Your Convenience. Blue is hidden, green is DLC:

But if you think there are too many DLC characters... well, we can just pretend they're Adventure Mode hidden characters. But now you're thinking, "what's that Special slot for?" Well, assuming Smash 4 brings back "A-button combat only", the Special slot allows you to select the alloys AND specific Assist Trophies for use IN THIS MODE ONLY. unless you hack the game, then you can have them anywhere

Why hexagons?

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249

Besides the size, I'd take out Marx, reduce # of 3rd parties, reduce # of pokemon, and add Isaac and saki.

Metal how'd you forget Jaleel. He is the god tier of sonic voices.

Asage why are you particularly saline?
:phone:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Last I checked, the Wii can only go to 480p. Skyward Sword would've gotten rid of some of the closeup splotches if you could play it in 720. I've seen emulators put it to that size and it looks dazzling. Makes you wonder if Nintendo future proofed some of their games.
I think they spent all their development money on developing the motion technologies and not on the graphical capabilities. Sony and Microsoft did the opposite, and eventually, their consoles could do most of the motion technology stuff the Wii could do. Granted most of those games with such technology on those consoles are legally defined as "torture."

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
Why not hexagons?

I mean really, we've had squares on character rosters, both official and fan-made, on mostly all of them. Why not add some variety?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Why hexagons?
'Cause we're all bumblebees.

I think they spent all their development money on developing the motion technologies and not on the graphical capabilities. Sony and Microsoft did the opposite, and eventually, their consoles could do most of the motion technology stuff the Wii could do. Granted most of those games with such technology on those consoles are legally defined as "torture."
The spice that's not so nice: Copying. When I saw those kenetamals, or whatever the hell they're called, I tried it, and it was ****. I felt like I was simulating a DK doll.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Why not hexagons?

I mean really, we've had squares on character rosters, both official and fan-made, on mostly all of them. Why not add some variety?
Eww, haxagons are just so... Un-boxy. So very passé. *tsk tsk*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom