• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Asage: Did you ever answer my Victini vs Dragons argument the other day?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Asage: That because there was two different versions made of the same movie, that the real stars of movie 14 were Reshiram and Zekrom and therefore overshadow Victini (not to mention I'm pretty sure the dragons had their own separate events as well).

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@Metal: I still think that gif is disgusting LOL

Speaking of playing, when I can play everyone in this thread already and get it over with. I hate not being able to finish a hitlist. I already got N last year LOL

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
LOL I'm asking here because I feel I should. Like I owe it to you guys or something.

Plus me and Chima had to cut today's practice session short. College is kicking his *** haha

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
@Asage: That because there was two different versions made of the same movie, that the real stars of movie 14 were Reshiram and Zekrom and therefore overshadow Victini (not to mention I'm pretty sure the dragons had their own separate events as well).
Wait wait wait! What are you talk about?! I just asked you to refreash me on what we were talking about, man. GOD.

Jking, I know what you're talking about.

It doesn't matter who mascots the movies, even though it was clearly both Victini and the dragons. Victini stands taller obviously because he appeared more in the movie and casted a better scene within both movies. Reshiram and Zekrom were sort of the body build of the movie. Victini was the stands. Reshiram/Zekrom were only awakened because Victini was in trouble. Therefore, Victini was more important in the movie as the mascot.

@Xblis I don't really brawl anymore. I usually kart up now. ~SlyGuy94~

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I never thought I'd be on a hit-list. :awesome:

I could have played ya last week when I had my Wii (I even mentioned it a few times), but now I can't. It won't be until the 23rd before I can get a hold of my good Wii (although I'll be playing Uprising non-stop).

@Asage: I see. I hope that helps you argument/essay (whatever you're doing :p).

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
Ummm... let's see... 15 characters in the starting roster... 34 unlockable characters... for a total of 49? characters without DLC??? So... you mean to tell us that we would work more for the extra characters... and this is without DLC?!? If you are gonna start out with 15 characters, you should have 15 unlockable characters AT MOST, not at least. It's usually been like this with many games... Smash Bros., Mario Kart, Street Fighter, etc. The number of unlockable characters should be less than or equal to the number of starting characters. And with DLC... you got 25 characters for a grand total of what? 74??? Not only that, but you have what? 12 third party characters? I think that's a tad too unrealistic and people say I got unrealistic expectations? Haphazardly adding characters for the sake of having more characters tend to dilute the quality of the roster as a whole, FYI.
Yes, 34 unlockable characters. I like earning my characters. And yeah, DLC gets 25 extra characters. At 100 points each, that's 2500 points you have to spend, and each character is optional so it wouldn't be mandatory to buy EVERYONE. Also, 12 3rd parties ASSUMES that they would expand further on what they have. At least we could get the first six. Really, screw it being realistic or not. I did it the way I wanted it to, while keeping in theme. You don't expect us to have the same characters from Brawl plus two or three?

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
Like I said, if you don't like the idea of characters being DLC, think of them as Adventure Mode Unlockables (Additional incentive to play the singleplayer campaigns, too! :D)

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
Well it wouldn't be day one DLC, it'd be like a gradual thing

Like, one character and one stage per month.

DLC would be cheap too so you wouldn't feel ripped off. I'd say, 300 points. 100 for a character, 200 for a stage.

Plus none of it would be on-disc, UNLIKE DERPCOM.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well it wouldn't be day one DLC, it'd be like a gradual thing

Like, one character and one stage per month.

DLC would be cheap too so you wouldn't feel ripped off. I'd say, 300 points. 100 for a character, 200 for a stage.

Plus none of it would be on-disc, UNLIKE DERPCOM.
That sounds a bit better. Maybe when you download DLC content, some extra game data will be created, which is specifically for storing DLC stuff.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
25 characters is still way too much though

It'd be cool if that were to happen, I guess, but I don't recall a fighting game EVER having even close to that many characters as DLC

Consider yourself lucky if we even get 5-10 characters as DLC

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ asage
It's not too many characters, it's an impossible amount of DLC, unless they hold back several characters.

Really, unless they update this game's roster for 10 years with a staff of at least 5-10 people, it ain't gonna happen.

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
We call that a "sequel." :laugh:

The only DLC I see us getting 25 of would be music, maybe "past stages," and extras (like stickers and trophies).
um, no. We're doing this Nintendo style, not Capcom style.

That sounds a bit better. Maybe when you download DLC content, some extra game data will be created, which is specifically for storing DLC stuff.
Perhaps so. Maybe character rebalance based on professional tournament players' opinions to go with the DLC, to avoid having said DLC characters become over/underpowered.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
um, no. We're doing this Nintendo style, not Capcom style.
We haven't even had the roster size increase by more than 14 through sequels (and yes, that is a valid way to add characters). Why the heck would we suddenly get a crap ton more than that=??? Unless these two games are developed for a decade, it ain't happening.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
@ asage
It's not too many characters, it's an impossible amount of DLC, unless they hold back several characters.

Really, unless they update this game's roster for 10 years with a staff of at least 5-10 people, it ain't gonna happen.
Oh, okay, I see. 100 characters for SSB4 :troll:

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
We haven't even had the roster size increase by more than 14 through sequels (and yes, that is a valid way to add characters). Why the heck would we suddenly get a crap ton more than that=??? Unless these two games are developed for a decade, it ain't happening.
Well, that's why it's DLC. Just churn out a prepared character once every x months, or have a random period of time in which to download DLC characters. That way the characters could be finished without rushing the developers.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I can't even think of 25 characters to add when it's possible the roster count for this game could surpass 50

I mean, yeah, I want the developers to support the two games for a long time, but gotdamn

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
Well, it's just a thought. We all know this may not happen at all.

In fact, I'm surprised no one shouted at the inclusion of Keiji Thomas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom