• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Agreeing with Yuui and SageOfIce. Sheik's a longtime veteran now and I dunno how she should be replaced again. Besides, I wanna see what NEW Impa could bring in the table. Her being a replacement makes her uninteresting to me in wink.

Hmmmmmmm....

Krystal?

Furry fandom will be slaphappy.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Zelda / Impa as an actual duo character, with duo attacks as specials and basically being everything good what Zelda / Sheik was bad is enough for me.

But she's got potentail to be on her own yes.

:phone:

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
Well, the thing is... yeah. Krystal has a penis staff... but on the other hand, other characters have potential as well.

Peppy's arguably the oldest member of the crew, so he has experience... so despite being slow he could still kick ***.

Pigma's a sadist, crossing the Moral Event Horizon (which was what got him kicked out Star Wolf), putting money before others -- plus he HAD betrayed Star Fox in the past. So he'd be just as deadly, but I don't feel he's as potentially awesome as the guy below.

Leon's an assassin who's clearly gone over the edge, being a cold blooded assassin who ironically has a soft spot for peace. Despite this he's also a guy that loves himself and his reputation, so he could technically be the "Falco" to Wolf.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'd kinda be thrilled to see any new StarFox character, but Krystal has the upperhand

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I convinced somebody? :')

Seriously though, that's pretty nice, cause you where strictly against Impa before.

I like your roster a lot, but feel that Metroid and Fire Emblem are lacking a bit. Especially seeing as F-Zero now has 3 characters. I'd myself probably throw out Black Mage / Tails / Chibi Robo (we have R.O.B., but I'd take this guy as a successor) / Ray MK II to add in the likes of Chrome, Roy (together with Chrome would be best), Anthony Higgs / Metroid character of your choice. And I'd like to see Toad in before Rosalina to. And 5 StarFox characters is kinda pushing it imo. Gotta love your Zelda roster though. So that's definitely a big plus. As well as getting DKC right.

Suggestions :

-Too many robots. Take out one. Either Chibi / R.O.B. / Ray MK.
-Metroid and especially Fire Emblem are underrepped still. Add in Anthony, Chrome and or Roy / Shiida. Possibly replace Ike with Chrome? Rather see 4 Fire Emblem Lords though. Marth, Ike, Chrome and Roy.
-Too many Generation 5 Pokemon. Rather have em keep Gen 1 Trainer. Zoroark is cool though.
-Too many third party characters.

Thanks for your input. Now, regarding your suggestions...

In terms of the Mario Universe, Bowser Jr. was an obvious must, since he is Bowser's youngest son. Rosalina could prove to be completely different from Peach, which is why she's on there. I know that Toad is competing too, but it has been a tough call.

Regarding Metroid, Samus and Ridley are pretty much the main characters to have. Dark Samus is there as an extra, especially since she inherits moves that even Samus can't utilize. I don't really see what the big deal is with Anthony Higgs. Of course, I've never really been big with the Metroid franchise.

Fire Emblem is stalled for now, since I'm still uncertain with Chrome.

In terms of Impa and Skull Kid, I knew that The Legend of Zelda has been having trouble with potential newcomers. After some brainstorming, I figured that Impa would work to represent Skyward Sword. I was rather picky with which Impa incarnation to use, which is why I was earlier against her inclusion. But when it came to finding a Skyward Sword rep, I'll take Impa over Ghirahim any day. Anyway, Skyward Sword Impa would work well, and she could also be Sheik's successor if Zelda loses her transformation ability. Skull Kid was added as an extra, especially when you take into account that he did appear in three different Legend of Zelda titles.

In terms of the too many robots, I was merely trying to find characters to represent the other franchises, which are not as big. Again, Chibi-Robo is mostly random, but if R.O.B. could be playable, Chibi-Robo could work too.

Regarding Pokemon, the Mario Universe has 12 characters on the roster, which is natural for Nintendo's number 1 franchise. Last I've checked, Pokemon is number 2, so it would just be fitting if it has the second most reps (if one includes transformations). Regarding too many generation 5s, Team Unova does reference the fact that in PokePark 2, you can play as Snivy, Tepig, and Oshawott. Of course, Team Unova follows the same routine as Pokemon Trainer's Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard; stage 1 water-type; stage 2 grass-type; stage 3 fire-type.

Regarding 3rd parties, 4 is the maximum in my book. Now while I am neutral with Mega Man's inclusion, Capcom was involved in making some Japan-only Mario games. As a result, Mega Man's inclusion isn't a big deal for me. Tails is there to make the Sonic series more special than the other 3rd parties; Nintendo and Sega are former rivals, and there are three Mario & Sonic series games now.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Tingle can die.

Inb4tingledefense
This is why we love you asage... :awesome:
Isn't he still in more games than Roy too?
Yeah as a minor character (except the Wind Waker). Roy's game also sold more than Tingle's spin-off game (his Balloon Fighter spin-off doesn't count IMO). His role in the Wind Waker was also despised because it was merely filler. His other roles were also very minor... like Sheik minor.
Anyway, Tingle can easily fight too. Any character can.

Whether or not they would normally fight... that's another story.
As much as I hate to say this, I agree. Tingle, or anyone (including a tree from the Legend of Zelda) can fight... :glare:
Here is my newest roster. I posted one several pages back. I took things said against my other rosters that I posted here and at Gamefaqs into consideration. I'll explain why I chose each character and also get your opinions on some topics that are often debated and give my opinions as well. There's 50 characters, with nobody removed from Brawl and Mewtwo returning. This still isn't my final roster, since new games, characters, or even news on SSB4 could change things between now and then.
[COLLAPSE="Roster image is here"]
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="My thoughts, franchise by franchise on your character choices"]Mario franchise: Fine.
Donkey Kong franchise: Dixie Kong maybe.
The Legend of Zelda: Ghirahim ain't happening son. The same thing went for Midna and Zant in Brawl.
Metroid: Perfect. The Ridley "size" factor is a joke at best.
Kirby's Dreamland: Perfect.
Star Fox: I still don't see Krystal. Her last game was Brawl. I got a feeling she is "dead" in the Star Fox franchise. Krystal's Super Smash Bros./Star Fox fanbase is also smaller than people think, and her Super Smash Bros./Star Fox hatebase
Pokémon: I still think you should add a new 5th Generation Pokémon, probably Victini or Zoroark.
F-Zero: Black Shadow has only been the villain since F-Zero X (he missed the first two games). Most of us prefer Samurai Goroh because we got a love for katanas and the crazy guy.
Fire Emblem: Again, the Black Knight was a choice by a few pre-Brawl, but he has no shot now. So far we have only gotten main characters. He also hasn't appeared in a game since what=??? 2006=???? He's also not anywhere as popular as Roy or Krom are inevitably going to be.
Kid Icarus: I don't see Medusa getting in over Paletuna as being that likely, but it is still a possibility.
Other franchises (new and old): I don't see much I wouldn't want, but I don't think the Balloon Fighter is all that likely. I also express doubts about Saki. I do think that we tend to underestimate Takamaru's chances. He is a character Sakurai has expressed admiration for, and it sounds like Sakurai would want him in a future Smash Bros. game.
3rd Party franchises: Those are fine.[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="My overall thoughts on this roster"]Overall your roster reminds me of too many people's Brawl rosters (before Brawl's roster was revealed/leaked). Quite frankly, it isn't 2006 anymore, and nearly all of those things people thought would happen (the Black Knight being playable Midna, Vatti, Wolf Link, Waluigi, Tingle, etc) won't happen because those characters are "dead."

Also, franchises don't "deserve" characters because they don't represent characters. Characters represent themselves. Sakurai doesn't want to add franchises as playable characters. Instead, he adds characters! He also isn't adding females or villains just to add villains or females. Sakurai chooses characters because they are interesting and these characters make us want to play the game more. A bunch of people pre-Brawl was clamoring were yelling "Krystal! Krystal!" but instead we got the Pokémon Trainer. And quite frankly, the Pokémon Trainer is a much more interesting character.[/COLLAPSE]
The main thing that bugs me about Meloetta is that it's genderless. You'd think that it would be a 100% female Pokemon, like Cresselia.
So is Mewtwo, and that didn't prevent Mewtwo from being playable in Smash.
Hey, that's my SONG!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:
Guys, it's pretty obvious that if Megaman is getting in, it will be Bad Box Art Megaman as an alternate outfit. Don't kid yourselves.
Fixed! :) :cool: :smirk:

Also, Leon and Peppy would be my most wanted Krystal main character. I am leaning towards the lizard because he seems like he would be more fun to play as... :reverse:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah good to see your random picture too Metal! :laugh:

Also, that is the worst introduction movie ever. Roll went from being a generic little girl to being the slave of a sugar daddy. Seriously, who is dumb enough to think of that stupid crap=??? Man, Capcom sure knows how to kill my childhood. It's like they are trying as hard as they can to kill everyone's childhood for a $65 game plus a $45 re-release plus $35 in DLC! If Smash ever comes to that, I am out for good, which is the only way I would ever be "out for good."

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Its Capcom John, they will try anything to drain your money and the Community and SRK are willing to bend over and let them screw them over.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
The more I think about it, the more I'm really glad that we still have Sakurai making Smash Bros games. He may have made some strange decisions, but overall, I think he's done an amazing job with this series. I just can't imagine any other person developing these games other than him

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yeah good to see your random picture too Metal! :laugh:

Also, that is the worst introduction movie ever. Roll went from being a generic little girl to being the slave of a sugar daddy. Seriously, who is dumb enough to think of that stupid crap=??? Man, Capcom sure knows how to kill my childhood. It's like they are trying as hard as they can to kill everyone's childhood for a $65 game plus a $45 re-release plus $35 in DLC! If Smash ever comes to that, I am out for good, which is the only way I would ever be "out for good."
Actually, wouldn't it be the other way around, with Baraman being Roll's slave?

And what 45$ re-release? SFxTK's doing updates strictly by DLC.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Its Capcom John, they will try anything to drain your money and the Community and SRK are willing to bend over and let them screw them over.
Exactly. We also aren't willing to do that, because we don't call sexual harassment as "part of our culture" and being told it is "immoral" to oppose it.
The more I think about it, the more I'm really glad that we still have Sakurai making Smash Bros games. He may have made some strange decisions, but overall, I think he's done an amazing job with this series. I just can't imagine any other person developing these games other than him
Well he's done a hell of a lot better job than anyone else at maintaining a series' popularity and redefining a series' formula. The only reason why I think Brawl turned out so "stale" was because the 3 developing companies weren't HAL and had never made a fighting before. If we had HAL as the primary developer of Brawl, it would have been a much better game.

Also, I think Sakurai works much harder than Capcom (with their fighting games) and puts in more originality and content. He worked 100 hours a week on Melee for a long period of time. Say what you will about the man, but he's done all he can to make smash bros EXTREMELY ORIGINAL, fresh, and a game truly unlike any other.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Kuma
I guess, but I assume Doctor Light is Roll's sugar daddy. :p

Also with Capcom, I was just referring to the way the company is now with their fighting games.

@ Young Horsetail
Agreed. Capcom made a cute little innocent girl no one could into a moral-less wh**e who is flat out annoying.

This is exactly what Capcom does. Capcom has turned amazing franchises into money hoarding GARBAGE! They've done it with Street Fighter, Resident Evil, and now Mega Man and Devil May Cry (emo Dante is stupid). It started out annoying. Now it is just beyond absolutely insane, and eventually it is going to crash (financially and artistically).

Really at this point, nothing would surprise me about Capcom. Watch them make a DLC "sex game" like something out of Grand Theft Auto with Resident Evil! :laugh: :urg: :glare:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Exactly. We also aren't willing to do that, because we don't call sexual harassment as "part of our culture" and being told it is "immoral" to oppose it.
What on earth are you going on about? I've seen more people condemning the Cross Assault incident and the misogyny in the FGC. Let me guess, this is a repeat of your little SF4 experience and you're willing to make a sweeping generalization over one bad experience, and I thought I had problems with this kind of thing.

You know what? I'm going to assume that hating on homosexuals and ****** is part of the Smash Bros. culture considering that a lot of people use gay and **** like they're nothing.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Thanks for your input. Now, regarding your suggestions...

In terms of the Mario Universe, Bowser Jr. was an obvious must, since he is Bowser's youngest son. Rosalina could prove to be completely different from Peach, which is why she's on there. I know that Toad is competing too, but it has been a tough call.

Regarding Metroid, Samus and Ridley are pretty much the main characters to have. Dark Samus is there as an extra, especially since she inherits moves that even Samus can't utilize. I don't really see what the big deal is with Anthony Higgs. Of course, I've never really been big with the Metroid franchise.

Fire Emblem is stalled for now, since I'm still uncertain with Chrome.

In terms of Impa and Skull Kid, I knew that The Legend of Zelda has been having trouble with potential newcomers. After some brainstorming, I figured that Impa would work to represent Skyward Sword. I was rather picky with which Impa incarnation to use, which is why I was earlier against her inclusion. But when it came to finding a Skyward Sword rep, I'll take Impa over Ghirahim any day. Anyway, Skyward Sword Impa would work well, and she could also be Sheik's successor if Zelda loses her transformation ability. Skull Kid was added as an extra, especially when you take into account that he did appear in three different Legend of Zelda titles.

In terms of the too many robots, I was merely trying to find characters to represent the other franchises, which are not as big. Again, Chibi-Robo is mostly random, but if R.O.B. could be playable, Chibi-Robo could work too.

Regarding Pokemon, the Mario Universe has 12 characters on the roster, which is natural for Nintendo's number 1 franchise. Last I've checked, Pokemon is number 2, so it would just be fitting if it has the second most reps (if one includes transformations). Regarding too many generation 5s, Team Unova does reference the fact that in PokePark 2, you can play as Snivy, Tepig, and Oshawott. Of course, Team Unova follows the same routine as Pokemon Trainer's Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard; stage 1 water-type; stage 2 grass-type; stage 3 fire-type.

Regarding 3rd parties, 4 is the maximum in my book. Now while I am neutral with Mega Man's inclusion, Capcom was involved in making some Japan-only Mario games. As a result, Mega Man's inclusion isn't a big deal for me. Tails is there to make the Sonic series more special than the other 3rd parties; Nintendo and Sega are former rivals, and there are three Mario & Sonic series games now.
I don't know why you'd have to be picky about Impa. All Brawl Zelda characters where used in style of their latest appearance, why shouldn't Impa? I like the idea also of having Toon Link, but also Skull Kid. Though I don't personally see Skull Kid as very likely.

Also I don't agree with your vision of '12 Mario-verse characters', as Donkey Kong especially shouldn't be considered as so, neither should Wario. On top, I'd personally even want Captain Syrup and whoa, would Funky or Cranky Kong be awesome as a super aecret, hidden WTF character. Those last two are a pipe dream though... :c

Rosalina could work, but I'd rather have Toad still. If anything it'd be to just have an actual light weight Mario character in there. Diversity is sexy.

And I guess the 5th Gen Trainer makes sence, but I'd be sad to see Charizard gone :/ I'd personally even take standalone Charizard over Zoroark. Or even Jigglypuff... Though Jiggz will always be there.

As for the 3rd parties, is Snake still there? Cause I'd want him to if we gonna have 4 third parties. I could accept Sonic, Tails (Tails, not Shadow, Knuckles or anyone else!), Snake and Mega Man.. but its not like I'd like them still.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
What on earth are you going on about? I've seen more people condemning the Cross Assault incident and the misogyny in the FGC. Let me guess, this is a repeat of your little SF4 experience and you're willing to make a sweeping generalization over one bad experience, and I thought I had problems with this kind of thing.

You know what? I'm going to assume that hating on homosexuals and ****** is part of the Smash Bros. culture considering that a lot of people use gay and **** like they're nothing.
In case you don't know, I am referring to this.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Watch, people are going to be embracing this BBA Roll in a few days just like BBA Megaman. I don't see what the big deal is. Did you expect her to look moe with BBA Megaman running around? It's not like she's dressed like SC4 Ivy.

@John
I've been reading that thread and posting in it myself. I'm assuming you're referring to that idiot Akagami. Why don't you go check the opinions of people over at SRK instead of just taking one sample?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The new Fire Emblem sounds like Pokemon B/W. Story about two legendary dragons... main character's name contains the word "kuro," meaning BLACK. His clothing is black and white.

ZeKROM. Blah blah conspiracy.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Makes adding in Chrome / Krom / Kuromu all the better right? :awesome:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Since chrome is an ACTUAL THING, I wonder if the Japanese have a word for that already. Oh well, should probably say Krom either way.

AND I DUNNO IBLIS.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Hmm... I have a hard time evaluating what Sakurai will do with the Fire Emblem series in terms of representation. He likes the series, it seems to be popular.

I say that one representative is possible (either Roy or Krom). And that person will be a psuedo clone of Marth (if there is another representative).

Personally, I think the two we have are enough. A finesse character and a "strengthistheanswer4everything" character.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
As for the 3rd parties, is Snake still there? Cause I'd want him to if we gonna have 4 third parties. I could accept Sonic, Tails (Tails, not Shadow, Knuckles or anyone else!), Snake and Mega Man.. but its not like I'd like them still.

Sorry, I have Black Mage over Solid Snake.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@John
I've been reading that thread and posting in it myself. I'm assuming you're referring to that idiot Akagami. Why don't you go check the opinions of people over at SRK instead of just taking one sample?
Again, it isn't the majority I am aiming at, just the particular people who support this crap (which includes Capcom allowing this to air at an official event). I have no problem with Street Fighter, Tekken, etc. players who aren't prejudice against others. I just think that this prejudice group is way too big and way too accepted into the community.

Also, there is a big difference between sexually harassing and bullying a girl (with multiple guys, which threatens actual ****) than using the words "gay" to mean "lame" and "stupid" or "****" to mean "owned" or "destroyed." I agree it isn't right, as do many people in the Smash Bros competitive scene. But man, I would take that any day over a poor girl getting sexually harassed and cornered by multiple men on live stream. That is simply... a tragedy.

Plus the smash bros community is clearly much more accepting of gay people and females. Wife and Husband used to be one of the most well-known and liked smash bros players, and both of them (or at least Wife) was gay. We've also had several females attend tournaments. Heck, once DSF's girlfriend faced me in a Brawl tournament (I almost came back from 3 stocks down), and went to the Top 8. Everyone was cheering her on. After that, I faced some kid (he looked 15) who had a crowd cheering me. Poor me. I don't get any cheers... :(
Mewtwo is a different story, since it's not a natural Pokemon. The Pokemon world can be an odd place sometimes.
How about all the time=???
Sorry, I have Black Mage over Solid Snake.
How about no. Since you know, Snake is BAMf, and the Black Mage, while nice, is still a generic character and not the main character of the (Final Fantasy) franchise.

We can have the Black Mage/Chocobo/Slime, but not over Snake. We like Snake more, and smash needs its' BAMF! :cool:

D

Deleted member

Dear God, I never should've asked what Bad Box Art Roll would look like...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom