• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
@Mypantsaregone: We haven't really seen any news yet; I'm hoping for a trailer at E3, personally.

@Shortie: Here's my rooster.

I'm keeping that typo.
Nice roster, but dont expect an e3 trailer this year cause they just started development on the game a few days ago, literally.

I would except one by e3 next year at the very least.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Agree that there should be a trailer this year,with the time they have now,maybe not a big trailer,but surely some news showed in any way they can!

@Opossum:hehe!i know!just what you think or would like!and i think it will come out sometime in 2015,but that's just my opinion.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
@Shortie

You're probably going to have your hands full Shortie, but think you can rate my roster as well? I posted it earlier, but I would like to see how more people thought of it.

[COLLAPSE="Note"]I don't have a LoZ or FE newcomer because I am awaiting the newer games to give me an opinion of who to choose (though suggestions can help too).

Also that is Snake and not Big Boss and simply Ridley in my roster (I placed differing images thinking they were the same characters).[/COLLAPSE]

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
I take it I have to post my Tingle moveset again...

Neutral Combo: Two wimpy styled punches.

Neutral Forward: Two handed knuckler. Similar animation to last attack in Luigi’s Dash Attack.

Dash Attack: Faceplant. Works like Kirby’s Dash Attack in SSB64.

Neutral Up: Double fist up. Similar to Ness’ Neutral Up, but with fists.

Neutral Down: Russian Kick Dance. If used in excess, he does the actual dance, so it technically does two hits per full Neutral Down.

Forward Smash: Smashes his large head forward.

Up Smash: Flips map upward. It’s flipped like Mario’s Cape, and similar, but not too similar to Mr. Game & Watch’s Neutral Up.

Down Smash: 2 Jumping Jacks facing the camera.

Neutral Air: Ballerina spin.

Forward Air: Whacks forward with rolled up map.

Back Air: Kicks both feet back in a Superman pose.

Up Air: Pokes up with his pen/paintbrush/whatever he draws maps with.

Down Air: Midair Irish Jig dance.

Forward Throw: A cartoonish dust cloud forms around Tingle and his opponent as he beats them down while clouded. Think of old cartoon violence. This is used in Tingle’s Freshly Picked Rosy Rupeeland.

Up Throw: Tosses the opponent up, and jumps up, hitting his opponent with the point on his head.

Back Throw: Turns, lays the opponent down, then punts them like a football.

Down Throw: Flings his opponent down and starts beating their head as if throwing a tantrum. (This refers to if he uses it on another Tingle. If on someone else, he hits where Tingle’s head WOULD be.)

Neutral Special: Rupee Toss- Tingle tosses a single large Rupee forward. Damage and knockback depend on the Rupee’s color.

Forward Special: Tingle Bomb- Tingle pulls out a Tingle Tuner and with it, he tosses bombs that detonate on contact with anything. They are weaker than Link’s or Toon Link’s Bombs, but he can toss more than one bomb at a time. I am still debating whether or not the explosion should not harm the user.

Up Special: Balloon- Tingle pops out a balloon, gets a good leap with it, then gently floats down. The leap is exceptionally good compared to other Up Specials, but his balloon can be popped. If it’s popped, Tingle falls while in helpless mode and takes damage from the pop itself.

Down Special: Kooloo-Limpah- Tingle does his signature dance, and the confetti (or sparkles; not sure which one to do) does any of the following effects for 5 seconds: Make the opponent trip uncontrollably, fall asleep, dizzy, move slower, or reverses movement controls. This won’t work on someone already under these symptoms. The confetti/sparkles are tossed at both sides in front of Tingle’s feet.

Final Smash: Rupee Rain- Like in the Final Boss fight of Tingle’s Freshly Picked Rosy Rupeeland, Tingle gains a bubble over his head and a pink suit, and he is able to fly around and able to shoot multiple different colored small Rupees. The Rupee shots kind of work like Tabuu’s bullet rain, while making contact with Tingle HIMSELF is where the KO potential comes from. The Rupees are used to hold the opponents in place and damage them, while ramming them is what can kill them.

And for good measure, my Eggman moveset.

DR. EGGMAN
Gimmick: Dr. Eggman fights while in his trusty Eggmobile. The design of the Eggmobile is taken after Sonic Battle, where it is more compact, has the same color scheme as Eggman himself (making alternate colors easier to make), and has two cannons loaded at the base to work for part of the moveset. He is given multiple jumps and an ability to float like Peach in exchange for an Up Special recovery.

ALSO, he cannot be grabbed by normal grabs. He can still be grabbed by special moves like the Falcon Dive and Flying Slam. And he can be Inhaled by Kirby and DDD.

Neutral Combo: Shoots a small missile out of the left cannon, then the right. Keeps going for how many times the player presses the button. Yes, this has insane range, but the missiles lack decent knockback and strength.

Forward Tilt: A boxing glove on a spring pops out in front of the Eggmobile, similar to the Egg Walker’s close range attack in Sonic Adventure 2.

Dash Attack: A drill pops out in front of the Eggmobile, similar to the first Drill Car in Sonic 2, while Eggman charges forward.

Up Tilt: Eggman swats above with his arm.

Down Tilt: An electrical prod pops out in front of the Eggmobile near the bottom.

Forward Smash: A giant hammer pops out in front of the Eggmobile and it slams down in front of it.

Up Smash: Two drill arms pop out at the sides of the Eggmobile, and propel upwards, drilling opponents.

Down Smash: Two circular saws form at the sides of the Eggmobile near the bottom and spin around the machine, hitting both sides.

Neutral Air: Electric field (similar to Mewtwo)

Forward Air: Flamethrower burst with the two cannons.

Back Air: A mechanical boot pops out of the back of the Eggmobile and kicks.

Up Air: Eggman shows a display of fighting capability and strength by punching upwards twice.

Down Air: A spike pops out at the bottom of the Eggmobile, and Eggman falls, attempting to prick opponent below.

Grab: Two smaller versions of the arms from Big Arm from Sonic 3 form on the sides of the Eggmobile, and he grabs with the hands.

Pummel: He crushes the opponent in the hands.

Forward Throw: Overhead flings the opponent forward.

Up Throw: Flings the opponent upward.

Back Throw: Turns and lets go the opponent, flinging them.

Down Throw: Rises, then slams the opponent down, and lets go.

Neutral Special: Egg Bombs-Eggman tosses three bombs forward at a downward arch, each being a pace apart from the last. (Taken from Sonic the Fighters)

Forward Special: Bumper Arms-Two Bumper Arms pop out the sides of the Eggmobile, and propel forward, one arm at a time. This pushes opponents back, and reflects projectiles. This is similar to Sonic CD’s first boss.

Up Special: Missile Launcher-A missile launcher pops out of the back of the Eggmobile, and strong missiles are launched to the sky and fly towards opponents. (Taken from Sonic Adventure 2)

Down Special: Wrecking Ball-Eggman flies up a few paces (if in the air, he doesn’t) then drops down a miniature wrecking ball from the bottom of the Eggmobile. For a few seconds, he can hover in place and move back and forth, which swings the wrecking ball. When the attack is over, he goes into helpless state.

Final Smash: Death Egg Robot-Eggman flies up off the screen and comes crashing down in the Death Egg Robot. Whichever way Eggman was facing will be the way the DER will be facing, and it can’t turn around. In it, he is able to walk around to run into opponents and shoot the arms of the robot forward. He can also jump. HIGH.

So, what do you think? Decent? Needs work? Give me constructive criticism, please.

EDIT: "How would he use items?" is a question that I'm surprised it wasn't asked. Anyways, to use items, a robot claw like one of the ones from his Sonic the Fighters mech pops out of the side of the Eggmobile to hold on to items and use weapons.
I like it. I like it a lot. I'm still wondering how Beedle would look, but Tingle would make me really happy.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
@Shortie

You're probably going to have your hands full Shortie, but think you can rate my roster as well? I posted it earlier, but I would like to see how more people thought of it.

[COLLAPSE="Note"]I don't have a LoZ or FE newcomer because I am awaiting the newer games to give me an opinion of who to choose (though suggestions can help too).

Also that is Snake and not Big Boss and simply Ridley in my roster (I placed differing images thinking they were the same characters).[/COLLAPSE]
There's something about Peach/Dixie and Bowser/K.Rool that really stands out when placed near each other...

EDIT: Thread's been dead for half an hour. Someone must've killed it or something. :/

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
What's good, peeps?

I've decided that once my WiFi comes back, I'll be joining Mario Kart 7 tournies. Mainly because I'm sick and tired of waiting for SSB4.

Also got a new avi just because.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
When it comes to rosters, I must say that I have no idea where the idea that we're getting 15 newcomers max comes from. I mean, I myself say all the time that it's really difficult to predict what Sakurai's going to do, but most people point to the total number of characters from game to game and ignore the number of newcomers added.

Smash Bros. 64 - 12 Characters

Smash Bros. Melee - 25 Characters (Added 13 Newcomers)

Smash Bros. Brawl - 35 Characters (Added 15 Newcomers, Removed 5 Characters from Melee Counting the Young Link/Toon Link swap as a Cut/Newcomer)

I think Sonic caused something of a panic. They weren't planning on him, and Sakurai suddenly decided to add him. Thus the delay. Had Sonic not been such a big draw on development resources, I think we honestly could've seen a couple more newcomers in his place, maybe taking the Brawl Newcomer count to 17ish (maybe some of the Forbidden 7, maybe not).

With everyone not wanting/not expecting a terrible amount of cuts, why is there a general idea that we're only getting 15 newcomers? If nobody gets the cut, that would bring us to a total of 50 (which is what I'm seeing a lot of). I mean, I'm not saying we're getting a sh*tload, but I'd wager that we'll get more than we got in Brawl. I mean, these games are a huge deal, and they're for a very powerful machine. I'm gonna be a crazy motherf*cker and say we'll get 20 Newcomers for a total of 55. Cuts factor into the total roster size as well as delays, so that isn't terribly crazy.
Twenty huh?

1. Bandana Dee
  2. Black Shadow
  3. Bowser. Jr
  4. Mewtwo
  5. Dark Samus
  6. Dixie Kong
  7. King K. Rool
  8. Isaac
  9. Krystal
  10. Little Mac
  11. Mach Rider
  12. Mii
  13. Ridley
  14. Palutena
  15. Roy
  16. Saki
  17. Starfy
  18. Takamaru
  19. Toad
  20. Zoroark

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
20 newcomer list? Eh, I'll join in on this..

1. Victini
  2. Shy Guy
  3. Young Link
  4. Typhlosion
  5. Adeleine
  6. Micheal & Eevee
  7. Peppy Hare
  8. Ridley
  9. Super Smash Bros. Style Mii (Custom like Mii)
  10. Tabuu
  11. King K. Rool.
  12. Riolu
  13. Kyurem
  14. Scrafty
  15. Amaterasu
  16. Mega Man Volnutt
  17. Prince Fluff
  18. Toad
  19. Arceus
  20. Brian

Not realistically, but top 20 favs.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Twenty huh?

1. Bandana Dee
  2. Bowser. Jr
  3. Mewtwo
  4. Dark Samus
  5. Dixie Kong
  6. King K. Rool
  7. Isaac
  8. Krystal
  9. Little Mac
  10. Mach Rider
  11. Mii
  12. Ridley
  13. Palutena
  14. Roy
  15. Saki
  16. Samurai Goroh
  17. Starfy
  18. Takamaru
  19. Toad
  20. Zoroark
Thaaaaaaaaaat's more like it. I don't know what got everyone in the 15 mentality.

I'll post my list here, even though there's a link in the sig:

1. Toad(sworth)
  2. Boswer Jr.
  3. Mona
  4. King K. Rool
  5. Ghirahim
  6. Krystal
  7. Mewtwo
  8. N
  9. Saki
  10. Prince Fluff
  11. Ridley
  12. Roy
  13. Palutena
  14. Little Mac
  15. Shulk
  16. Jill Dozer
  17. Tom Nook
  18. Mii
  19. Professor Layton
  20. Megaman

Bolded for differences, since we're not so different, you and I. The bolds aren't necessary replacements; they're randomly placed.

EDIT: Also list organized by series.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Thaaaaaaaaaat's more like it. I don't know what got everyone in the 15 mentality.

I'll post my list here, even though there's a link in the sig:

1. Bandana Dee
  2. Bowser. Jr
  3. Mewtwo
  4. Tom Nook
  5. Professor Layton
  6. King K. Rool
  7. Megaman
  8. Krystal
  9. Little Mac
  10. Mona
  11. Mii
  12. Ridley
  13. Palutena
  14. Roy
  15. Saki
  16. Prince Fluff
  17. Jill Dozer
  18. Ghirahim
  19. Toad
  20. N

Bolded for differences, since we're not so different, you and I. The bolds aren't necessary replacements; they're randomly placed.
Hmm, if I were to include third parties it would probably look like this:

1. Bandana Dee
  2. Bowser. Jr
  3. Dixie Kong
  4. King K. Rool
  5. Isaac
  6. Krystal
  7. Little Mac
  8. Mach Rider
    [*]Megaman
  9. Mewtwo
  10. Mii
  11. Ridley
  12. Palutena
  13. Roy
  14. Saki
  15. Slime
  16. Starfy
  17. Takamaru
  18. Toad
  19. Zoroark

Otherwise Black Shadow and Dark Samus stay.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Hmm, if I were to include third parties it would probably look like this:

1. Bandana Dee
  2. Bowser. Jr
  3. Dixie Kong
  4. King K. Rool
  5. Isaac
  6. Krystal
  7. Little Mac
  8. Mach Rider
    [*]Megaman
  9. Mewtwo
  10. Mii
  11. Ridley
  12. Palutena
  13. Roy
  14. Saki
  15. Slime
  16. Starfy
  17. Takamaru
  18. Toad
  19. Zoroark

Otherwise Black Shadow and Dark Samus stay.
I must say I want Layton more than Slime, but if Slime does show up, I'll be elated. Even if Layton doesn't. Slime would be pretty cool in Smash.

@asage How could I have ever guessed that Victini would be at the top of your list? I kid, I kid.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I must say I want Layton more than Slime, but if Slime does show up, I'll be elated. Even if Layton doesn't. Slime would be pretty cool in Smash.
He is a fun character in Mario Sports Mix. It would certainly be unique.

On an off hand note, I totally called it. There is now beginning a surge of support for Dark Pit, utilizing the weapons from Uprising.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
20 list?

1: Bowser Jr.
2: Genesect.
3: Plusle & Minun
4: Tingle
5: King K. Rool
6: Krystal
7: Captain Syrup
8: Kamek
9: Samurai Goroh
10: Ridley
11: Isaac
12: Takamaru
13: MegaMan
14: Brian
15: Toad
16: Dixie Kong
17: Medusa
18: Toon Zelda & Toon Sheik/Impa(whatever works)
19: Lyn
20: Roy

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Yaaaaaaaaaaay for new trends. Your inclusions of Genesect Bowser Jr. make me happy. Two of my faves.

@asage Seriously, though, I sincerely wish you the best of luck in campaigning for Victini. It isn't my favorite Pokemon, but I wouldn't mind seeing it. The event Victini with Zekrom and Reshiram's moves makes me happy.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
On an off hand note, I totally called it. There is now beginning a surge of support for Dark Pit, utilizing the weapons from Uprising.
It's funny, but I'm pretty sure something like this has happened before...Wind Waker Link?

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't call dedekong on Gamefaqs as a "surge of support".
That fool has always had a screw loose. I mean, for the longest time, he kept trying to shove MB into people's throats like Diddy does for Impa, even going as far as calling her "the human form of Mother Brain" and denouncing Ridley saying he isn't the main villain (which he isn't, but he's more important to the series than Mother Brain and ESPECIALLY MB).

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I wouldn't call dedekong on Gamefaqs as a "surge of support".
That fool has always had a screw loose. I mean, for the longest time, he kept trying to shove MB into people's throats like Diddy does for Impa, even going as far as calling her "the human form of Mother Brain" and denouncing Ridley saying he isn't the main villain (which he isn't, but he's more important to the series than Mother Brain and ESPECIALLY MB).
I'm a part of other places too. Perhaps I should rephrase myself... I am seeing people kick around the idea more than before. Which is exactly what I thought would begin to happen.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
1.Tom Nook
2.Animal Crosser.
3.Nintendog.
4.Brain Age Guy.
5.Mii
6. Adam Malkovich.
7.Tricky.
8.Toon Tingle.
9.Bulbmin
10.Munchlax
11.Goombario.
12.Donkey Kong Junior
13.The Paperclip guy from Hotel Dusk.
14.Ninja Space Pirate
15.Glass Joe.
16.Masahiro Sakurai
17.Paper Airplane from Wii-Play.
18:Fat Mii with a sword(We need more villains)
19:Genis from Tales of Symphonia.
20.Baby from Imagine: Party Babyz. I know it seems weird, but it got a high score on IGN, and is a Wii exclusive, so it deserves a third-party spot.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
@asage Seriously, though, I sincerely wish you the best of luck in campaigning for Victini. It isn't my favorite Pokemon, but I wouldn't mind seeing it. The event Victini with Zekrom and Reshiram's moves makes me happy.
I don't do it as serious as I use to, but yeah, thanks.
...We'd rather win than imagine us winning ;)

*Looks above*
...pffttt...

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
1.Tom Nook
2.Animal Crosser.
3.Nintendog.
4.Brain Age Guy.
5.Mii
6. Adam Malkovich.
7.Tricky.
8.Toon Tingle.
9.Bulbmin
10.Munchlax
11.Goombario.
12.Donkey Kong Junior
13.The Paperclip guy from Hotel Dusk.
14.Ninja Space Pirate
15.Glass Joe.
16.Masahiro Sakurai
17.Paper Airplane from Wii-Play.
18:Fat Mii with a sword(We need more villains)
19:Genis from Tales of Symphonia.
20.Baby from Imagine: Party Babyz. I know it seems weird, but it got a high score on IGN, and is a Wii exclusive, so it deserves a third-party spot.

Please tell me this is not real. My sarcasm detector is off for the night. :|

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Sort of arranged by favorite to least favorite? It's kind of hard to pick sometimes.

1. Ridley
2. Saki
3. Mach Rider
4. Isaac
5. Medusa
6. Takamaru
7. Little Mac
8. Krystal
9. King K. Rool
10. Mewtwo
11. Ghirahim
12. Mii