• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So I gotta ask everyone here a question...

...who else is waiting for Fire Emblem 13 to form an opinion on Krom=??? If so, why=???
If not why, and I wanna hear your opinion(s) as to whether you like Krom or not, and why you like him.

Personally, I am withholding my opinions on Krom. So far I think a lot of his moves are unique (which I like) and unlike Marth, Roy, and Ike's moves. However, since I don't know anything about his personality, his character, and most of his moves, I want to wait so I can most accurately form an opinion on him (and whether I like him more than Roy or Ike).

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'll come up with something later for you to review Shortie.

Krom? Pretty much I'd rather wait, he's pretty much the only newcomer that is "new" and absolutely nothing is known about him.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think the whole Ike > Roy thing speaks volumes, IF Krom ends up getting released everywhere. All it takes is one small question from Sakurai.

I DO THINK, regardless of whatever happens with Krom, Roy is going to be in his quick clone arsenal always.

...what's StarFox Assault got to do with Other M?
He was just saying HE LIKES the game. That was my point.

And no ones opinions really matter that much. Except Sakurai's.

Seriously. We got Waluigi, Krystal, Tingle, and Lyn in Brawl. Some of the least "liked" characters (According to the internet).

Sakurai don't give a **** what the internet thinks.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Shortie
A lot of people actually like Lyn. She's got a great moveset, a likeable personality, and her game was excellent.

The only reason some people hate her is the tutorial at the beginning of Fire Emblem 7. Most of the people who don't like her/the game because of that live in Japan though.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'll eat that up later. I have to get to Philosophy. YUCK.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
As for the Other M issue, for once, I agree 100% with Kuma. Just because she hasn't shown anything in previous titles doesn't mean she is a "female Boba Fett" as SmashChu put it. After all, the canon (as confirmed by Nintendo) e-manga had her freaking out when she saw Ridley as well.
And think of it this way, the only time Ridley has actually "died" was Super Metroid when Zebes was blown up. Other times, Samus merely kicked his ***. Other M takes place after Ridley was supposed to be dead for good, and out of nowhere, BAM! There he is (or rather, an unplanned clone of him) again!
Exactly. In the manga, Ridley revealed he can regenerate by eating flesh and even mentioned to Samus that he ate her parents to drive that message home. Samus was aware of that by the time of Zero Mission and knew he would eventually come back each time. However, Samus earnestly believed that with him dying on the exploding planet, Zebes, he was deader than dead. Combine that with the imagery when you see him in Other M, it's like he came back from Hell just to torment Samus more and more until she's dead. Even her words as she freaked out tell you that she wonders what will kill him for good.

IMO, Other M is, to some degree, ahead of its time in some of its story telling. It also has the special mention of showing on what goes on in the silent protagonist's head, making it almost a deconstruction. I think in a few years, this game will be viewed as misunderstood.

D

Deleted member

Lol, I just noticed I use Emeril's BAM! a lot when talking about Ridley...

....we need an Emeril Ridley pic.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Why has it been so quiet yestersome? (It's 2:31 AM here)). I was all like, talkative, and you guys were all like, quiet... Sad.

Also, to all Zoroark fans (I need an excuse to post this awesome gif)

Freeze/Eat<Zoroark Forever.
This might make an impressive entry for Kyurem, just before you face it in a boss battle.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Lol, the site is also predicting stages and they have their own music list.

"Waits for Star/Luco to come and critique their choices"
Not really much to say about the stages. Starship Mario, Skyloft, N's Castle, Red Canyon, Dark Space (Kirby's Return to Dreamland), and some WarioWare stage; nothing too surprising. The music selections are pretty standard too. The only thing I found surprising was under the Metroid section predominantly all of their selections were from the Metroid Prime series, and nothing from Other M.

I am more fascinated by this web authors "expectation meter". Apparently Black Shadow's chances are above 50% according to this user. Strange, but Japanese fans are no different than Western fans.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Nothing of Other M is fine with me, we only need Anthony Higgs anyway.

:phone:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Lip is an assist but Prince Sable is playable.

What Sable has more to be picked up by Sakurai than Lip? I mean, both are japan-only and obscure. I think Sable's even more obscure than Lip though!!!

At least there's Demille AND Starfy.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
In gifs, I have 8 in all:

Kyurem running
Kyurem stepping on ice
Black Kyurem using Freeze Shock
"Let's End This" Kyurem
Keldeo getting a kickass closeup
Keldeo stepping on Ice
The Swordsmen facing off Kyurem
Kickass closeup of Kyurem
That's crazy. Also, I disagree with the above roster image with tingle in it.

Tingle doesn't work!

Although I'm happy that roy is in it.

It would be nice if Django from Boktai got into smash 4. He'd fit in well.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
That's crazy. Also, I disagree with the above roster image with tingle in it.

Tingle doesn't work!

Although I'm happy that roy is in it.

It would be nice if Django from Boktai got into smash 4. He'd fit in well.
Roy is good but Tingle won't work? Try to play his games at least... (-l_l-)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Not really much to say about the stages. Starship Mario, Skyloft, N's Castle, Red Canyon, Dark Space (Kirby's Return to Dreamland), and some WarioWare stage; nothing too surprising. The music selections are pretty standard too. The only thing I found surprising was under the Metroid section predominantly all of their selections were from the Metroid Prime series, and nothing from Other M.

I am more fascinated by this web authors "expectation meter". Apparently Black Shadow's chances are above 50% according to this user. Strange, but Japanese fans are no different than Western fans.
Well at least it's nice to know that we have similar expectations with the Japanese.

I don't care for the score they gave Black Shadow though, Goroh > Shadow. :p

BTW, that wasn't a Warioware stage, it was a Shake It stage.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Roy is good but Tingle won't work? Try to play his games at least... (-l_l-)
I just really dont see tingle working in smash. I mean, what does he have? So far all he's ever really done in zelda is draw maps and be tied to floating balloons.

Besides his games are japan only, and he only has like 2 games.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Actually, he has three:

- Tingle's Freshly Picked Roseful Rupeeland

- Tingle's Colorchanging Balloon Trip Of Love (Japan-only)

- Tingle's Balloon Fight

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Actually, he has three:

- Tingle's Freshly Picked Roseful Rupeeland

- Tingle's Colorchanging Balloon Trip Of Love (Japan-only)

- Tingle's Balloon Fight
Still, how would those games provide anything useful for putting him in smash....

and balloon fight barely counts b/c it's a remake :troll:

D

Deleted member

I take it I have to post my Tingle moveset again...

Neutral Combo: Two wimpy styled punches.

Neutral Forward: Two handed knuckler. Similar animation to last attack in Luigi’s Dash Attack.

Dash Attack: Faceplant. Works like Kirby’s Dash Attack in SSB64.

Neutral Up: Double fist up. Similar to Ness’ Neutral Up, but with fists.

Neutral Down: Russian Kick Dance. If used in excess, he does the actual dance, so it technically does two hits per full Neutral Down.

Forward Smash: Smashes his large head forward.

Up Smash: Flips map upward. It’s flipped like Mario’s Cape, and similar, but not too similar to Mr. Game & Watch’s Neutral Up.

Down Smash: 2 Jumping Jacks facing the camera.

Neutral Air: Ballerina spin.

Forward Air: Whacks forward with rolled up map.

Back Air: Kicks both feet back in a Superman pose.

Up Air: Pokes up with his pen/paintbrush/whatever he draws maps with.

Down Air: Midair Irish Jig dance.

Forward Throw: A cartoonish dust cloud forms around Tingle and his opponent as he beats them down while clouded. Think of old cartoon violence. This is used in Tingle’s Freshly Picked Rosy Rupeeland.

Up Throw: Tosses the opponent up, and jumps up, hitting his opponent with the point on his head.

Back Throw: Turns, lays the opponent down, then punts them like a football.

Down Throw: Flings his opponent down and starts beating their head as if throwing a tantrum. (This refers to if he uses it on another Tingle. If on someone else, he hits where Tingle’s head WOULD be.)

Neutral Special: Rupee Toss- Tingle tosses a single large Rupee forward. Damage and knockback depend on the Rupee’s color.

Forward Special: Tingle Bomb- Tingle pulls out a Tingle Tuner and with it, he tosses bombs that detonate on contact with anything. They are weaker than Link’s or Toon Link’s Bombs, but he can toss more than one bomb at a time. I am still debating whether or not the explosion should not harm the user.

Up Special: Balloon- Tingle pops out a balloon, gets a good leap with it, then gently floats down. The leap is exceptionally good compared to other Up Specials, but his balloon can be popped. If it’s popped, Tingle falls while in helpless mode and takes damage from the pop itself.

Down Special: Kooloo-Limpah- Tingle does his signature dance, and the confetti (or sparkles; not sure which one to do) does any of the following effects for 5 seconds: Make the opponent trip uncontrollably, fall asleep, dizzy, move slower, or reverses movement controls. This won’t work on someone already under these symptoms. The confetti/sparkles are tossed at both sides in front of Tingle’s feet.

Final Smash: Rupee Rain- Like in the Final Boss fight of Tingle’s Freshly Picked Rosy Rupeeland, Tingle gains a bubble over his head and a pink suit, and he is able to fly around and able to shoot multiple different colored small Rupees. The Rupee shots kind of work like Tabuu’s bullet rain, while making contact with Tingle HIMSELF is where the KO potential comes from. The Rupees are used to hold the opponents in place and damage them, while ramming them is what can kill them.

And for good measure, my Eggman moveset.

DR. EGGMAN
Gimmick: Dr. Eggman fights while in his trusty Eggmobile. The design of the Eggmobile is taken after Sonic Battle, where it is more compact, has the same color scheme as Eggman himself (making alternate colors easier to make), and has two cannons loaded at the base to work for part of the moveset. He is given multiple jumps and an ability to float like Peach in exchange for an Up Special recovery.

ALSO, he cannot be grabbed by normal grabs. He can still be grabbed by special moves like the Falcon Dive and Flying Slam. And he can be Inhaled by Kirby and DDD.

Neutral Combo: Shoots a small missile out of the left cannon, then the right. Keeps going for how many times the player presses the button. Yes, this has insane range, but the missiles lack decent knockback and strength.

Forward Tilt: A boxing glove on a spring pops out in front of the Eggmobile, similar to the Egg Walker’s close range attack in Sonic Adventure 2.

Dash Attack: A drill pops out in front of the Eggmobile, similar to the first Drill Car in Sonic 2, while Eggman charges forward.

Up Tilt: Eggman swats above with his arm.

Down Tilt: An electrical prod pops out in front of the Eggmobile near the bottom.

Forward Smash: A giant hammer pops out in front of the Eggmobile and it slams down in front of it.

Up Smash: Two drill arms pop out at the sides of the Eggmobile, and propel upwards, drilling opponents.

Down Smash: Two circular saws form at the sides of the Eggmobile near the bottom and spin around the machine, hitting both sides.

Neutral Air: Electric field (similar to Mewtwo)

Forward Air: Flamethrower burst with the two cannons.

Back Air: A mechanical boot pops out of the back of the Eggmobile and kicks.

Up Air: Eggman shows a display of fighting capability and strength by punching upwards twice.

Down Air: A spike pops out at the bottom of the Eggmobile, and Eggman falls, attempting to prick opponent below.

Grab: Two smaller versions of the arms from Big Arm from Sonic 3 form on the sides of the Eggmobile, and he grabs with the hands.

Pummel: He crushes the opponent in the hands.

Forward Throw: Overhead flings the opponent forward.

Up Throw: Flings the opponent upward.

Back Throw: Turns and lets go the opponent, flinging them.

Down Throw: Rises, then slams the opponent down, and lets go.

Neutral Special: Egg Bombs-Eggman tosses three bombs forward at a downward arch, each being a pace apart from the last. (Taken from Sonic the Fighters)

Forward Special: Bumper Arms-Two Bumper Arms pop out the sides of the Eggmobile, and propel forward, one arm at a time. This pushes opponents back, and reflects projectiles. This is similar to Sonic CD’s first boss.

Up Special: Missile Launcher-A missile launcher pops out of the back of the Eggmobile, and strong missiles are launched to the sky and fly towards opponents. (Taken from Sonic Adventure 2)

Down Special: Wrecking Ball-Eggman flies up a few paces (if in the air, he doesn’t) then drops down a miniature wrecking ball from the bottom of the Eggmobile. For a few seconds, he can hover in place and move back and forth, which swings the wrecking ball. When the attack is over, he goes into helpless state.

Final Smash: Death Egg Robot-Eggman flies up off the screen and comes crashing down in the Death Egg Robot. Whichever way Eggman was facing will be the way the DER will be facing, and it can’t turn around. In it, he is able to walk around to run into opponents and shoot the arms of the robot forward. He can also jump. HIGH.

So, what do you think? Decent? Needs work? Give me constructive criticism, please.

EDIT: "How would he use items?" is a question that I'm surprised it wasn't asked. Anyways, to use items, a robot claw like one of the ones from his Sonic the Fighters mech pops out of the side of the Eggmobile to hold on to items and use weapons.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You can make a moveset for anyone, so I'd agree with gold on this one...
...Except that I froze/ate Tingle a couple days ago :awesome:

D

Deleted member

There is more than one Tingle, you know. :troll:
You froze/ate one of many.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom